+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Healers! You're needed please!

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks

Default Re: Healers! You're needed please!

I am new to this group and this is the first thread i came upon,i will now be sending healing thoughts regularly to members of this site that are in need of healing,i dont need names as i believe that when i (or anyone ) sends out healing thoughts that it always goes to where it is needed

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coolrunner For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Debra (23rd March 2018), Elpis (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2018), Hym (23rd March 2018), Icare (1st April 2018), Star Tsar (22nd March 2018), The Freedom Train (23rd March 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd March 2018)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by coolrunner (here)
    I am new to this group and this is the first thread i came upon,i will now be sending healing thoughts regularly to members of this site that are in need of healing,i dont need names as i believe that when i (or anyone ) sends out healing thoughts that it always goes to where it is needed
    You are awesome!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), coolrunner (28th March 2018), Debra (23rd March 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), Hym (23rd March 2018)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,729 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    (Apologies ahead of time if this is a retread. I seem to vaguely remember reading a similiar thread, but can't seem to track it down. Somebody please redirect me if this is the case.)

Navigating these forums, I've noticed that there are quite a few of us in need of healing, myself included. I thought it might be easier if those that required healing and those blessed with the gift of healing met under one easy-to-access thread.

Perhaps we could do it like this: Those of us that need and are open to healing could simply post here, indicating a desire to be healed and a brief history of illness. Healers, you could visit at your own convenience, sending healing energy as you see fit.

Healers, is this too vague? Too simple? Is there specific information that you require? Would you rather list your names and be contacted privately? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Mike
    I've seen this post, but I have never posted because of an inherit personal belief that long distance healing isn't really possible in my opinion.
    Prayers couldn't hurt and I suppose it is a matter of semantics but I'm of the opinion prayer could probably do good across distances, but I'm at a loss as to how much good that would really do.
    Even Edgar Cayce would prescribe treatments and remedies for folks he had diagnosed at a distance.
    So folks would write Edgar Cayce stating their symptoms and Edgar while in a trance would read what was wrong with the person writing him and then prescribe remedies not known to modern medical science at the time.
    Edgar Cayce who helped hundreds if not thousands of people this way would probably be thrown in jail for doing the same today.
    Again, I don't mean to be a naysayer, so if folks have found some relief and or positive results here then please disregard my post.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), Mike (23rd March 2018)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

Hey Marcus, I actually started this thread way back in 2011. Wow. Time is flying!

I was pretty desperate back then. I was in very bad shape. I'm still desperate! LOL, but I am alive, which, truly, would have shocked the 2011 version of myself.

Full disclosure: I've never had anything even a little bit productive arrive due to anyone sending "healing energy". Over time, hearing those words sounded so empty and trite. But I was very green back then, quite the rookie, and I saw all these people who called themselves "healers" and I thought, well..why not give it a shot.

I don't want to discourage anybody! If you feel you have something to offer someone in the form of distance healing, and that someone is open to it, by all means go for it.

I'm equally jaded about prayer, although I do occasionally pray for people.

At the end of the day, one has to do the work to get well, just like with anything else. There are no short cuts. It all comes down to discipline, patience, and will.
    Last edited by Mike; 23rd March 2018 at 11:49.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Debra (23rd March 2018), DNA (24th March 2018), East Sun (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), Valerie Villars (31st January 2019)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Prayer or "intent" = Focused Attention! Can be used for "good" OR " evil"?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (24th March 2018), Mike (23rd March 2018), Valerie Villars (31st January 2019)

11. Link to Post #106
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Prayer or "intent" = Focused Attention! Can be used for "good" OR " evil"?
    I'm of the opinion that most of us can do little either way in the form of good or bad when attempting to affect someone through prayer, this is much more marginalized when we are talking great distances.
    Up close and personal healing is usually possible due to someone giving their personal energy to the person who requires healing.
    If negativity alone through prayer could cause harm then President Trump should be keeling over dead from what the main stream media is orchestrating which would be large populations of people worked up into a manic frenzy of hate and loathing.

My question here would be what good or bad could come if you could pray to a being (angelic,demonic) to intercede on your behalf?
    Is there more to prayer than the energy we send?
    Are there cosmic emissaries who intervene and or act on our behalf?
    Are there gods? Gods?
    I ask this in all seriousness, in my youth this question would have seemed naive and silly, now I'm not so sure.

I once had an all night conversation with two good friends of mine, best friends as a matter of fact. We had gone out to the club and then to the after party and then to the after-after party.
    In short by the time we got back to my apartment it was daylight. Oh the joys of youth.
    My two best friends had grown up Jehovah Witnesses, and although they were not the practicing practitioners of their youth they both held fast to those beliefs in one way or another.
    I began going step by step methodically pointing out various rational reasons why Christianity was false, pointing out the council of Nicea and the origination of Satan in Zoroastrianism as adopted by the Jewish folks who were conquered and occupied by the Persian Empire in the fifth century BC.
    We took a walk to a pretty little park that was just a few hundred yards from my apartment. On the walk home I had them both pretty convinced that Christianity was false. As the three of us were walking home we were all walking abreast of one another, my friends were on either side of me and we were walking on the sidewalk, as we walked along a huge dust devil appeared in front of us, it picked up speed and flew into us, it physically slapped me in the face and took my hat off my head sending it across a four lane street. Neither of my friends felt "struck" and both were in disbelief as to what they saw. Both felt immediately and strongly that their God had shown up to show how wrong I was and to smack me in the face for causing them to question their faith. I honestly saw the merit in their point and ceased my attempts to cause them to question their faith.

This last point is not to try and illustrate that my two Jehovah Witness friends were disciples of the one truth God, but rather, regardless of what we may think, a group of people sending their prayers and belief into a specific place may in fact receive some celestial being willing to accept their prayers and energy.
    A god rather than The God may have in fact slapped me in the face.
    And this may be the case across many faiths, beliefs and religions.
    There are many more illustrations along these lines I can give here, but I think it best to stop here.
    Last edited by DNA; 24th March 2018 at 10:14.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Elpis (1st April 2018), Flash (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Mike (24th March 2018), racheldubois (24th August 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Thanks, DNA, for writing that...you had me laughing!! Looking back over my Narrowminded Life I can now see incidents where I was being "guided" & there have been "supernatural" events; let's say "unexplainable". So I have come to the conclusion that there ARE "unseen guides" & that I will never truly understand what is going on.

Just tell me this....Do you feel there is an Eternal Struggle between "Good" & "Evil"? Each of us seems to live within our own little "bubble", so it doesn't matter what "god" we pray to, our Intent is going out to whatever "layers" there are in this Universe.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (24th March 2018), Mike (24th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018), wondering (31st January 2019)

15. Link to Post #108
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Just tell me this....Do you feel there is an Eternal Struggle between "Good" & "Evil"?
    I do not. I believe in reincarnation as a model of learning chosen by all souls participating here. I also believe that there are those who either during an incarnation or immediately there after decide they no longer want to participate anymore. These folks are allowed to live outside of the reincarnation model if they so choose, but such a choice comes at a price, and that price is being cut off from the universal flow of energy they are used to receiving. As such they are forced to feed off of those still reincarnating.
    So in a nutshell I believe in "Good & Parasitic"
    But I will stop short of saying evil, because in my opinion everyone can come back to the reincarnation model and atone for wrongs.
    Just my take.

Each of us seems to live within our own little "bubble", so it doesn't matter what "god" we pray to, our Intent is going out to whatever "layers" there are in this Universe.
    That sounds good.

But I would stop short of saying it doesn't matter what "god" we pray to as if that "god" is just a telephone to The "God".
    I think it very possible for lesser gods to absorb and cord those who worship them.
    A real being. A real living being who is concerned with keeping his or her believers.
    Bohemian Grove and the elite worshiping Moloch come to mind here.
    I'm of the opinion that that could be a very real thing.
    Just saying....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Mike (24th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Thanks, DNA, for writing that...you had me laughing!! Looking back over my Narrowminded Life I can now see incidents where I was being "guided" & there have been "supernatural" events; let's say "unexplainable". So I have come to the conclusion that there ARE "unseen guides" & that I will never truly understand what is going on.

Just tell me this....Do you feel there is an Eternal Struggle between "Good" & "Evil"? Each of us seems to live within our own little "bubble", so it doesn't matter what "god" we pray to, our Intent is going out to whatever "layers" there are in this Universe.

I feel like I have been guided too at times. I should have said that in my previous post to balance out the fuddy duddy feel to it.

I have no doubt that I have received miracles in order to stay alive.

So I do beieve in these sorts of things, although they never came as the result of so called "distance healing ". And I don't know if they arrived so much as the result of my prayer or desperation either, or if the whole thing was preordained to begin with...my struggles and then the subsequent assistance along the way. Impossible to say.

Honestly I've got diarrhea of "healers". I've done the long distance variety and some hands on "energy healing"...and various other things. I was never healed lol.

Call me old fashioned, but if you call yourself a healer, you should be able to heal something! But it doesn't happen like that. If you were to confront a healer in such a way, they'd use very vague and ambiguous language to describe what they do, or what they think they do, in order to squirm out of any pressure you might exert on them to be specific.

What they generally do is some cross between ritual and placebo. The effects are subtle, at best!, and are almost always to do with a mild placebo created by the belief of the receiver. In other words, it's bullsh1t.

That's been my experience anyway. Occasionally we'll get exceptions to this, like "John of God" maybe. But in general very few derive any benefit.
    Last edited by Mike; 24th March 2018 at 21:12.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

Thanks, DNA! "Good or Parasitic".....that does make more sense. Or is it that we must inhabit all forms of "being" so we will understand the totality of all mindsets?
    Guess I'm thinking about George Kavasillas there as he remembers being here as a very "evil" person persecuting others....it was the LOVE coming from that person's eyes that "broke" him.

Being "cut off" from the flow from Source really might explain why some people have no empathy for fellow human beings & see them as something to be "used" for selfish purposes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike, thanks for your thoughts! Self proclaimed "healers" do abound! I have never gone there, but I DID have an experience I might have written about here before. Back in the 80's I was suffering terribly from CFIDS & had read a book by a gentleman telling of how he had been used in "healings"; he didn't really understand why himself.

It just "happened" that I was at a funeral service & noticed that HE was sitting a few rows up from me! So I stuck around til he was alone & went up to him to confirm he was the author of the book I had read. We talked about an hour & I noticed, all of a sudden, his arm up on the pew began to tremble....then it stopped!
    He said, "It's gone!" I said, "What's gone?"

He replied, "The power!" So I didn't question further. We parted ways when I suddenly heard him say, "Come here!" So I went back & he put his hand on my head & did a prayer asking God to heal me. Then his hand began to bounce up & down on my head; of course people are standing around watching this! When he had finished, he said, "You'll see, tomorrow you'll be o.k.!" Mind you....this was the first time I had ever met the man! He was an elderly businessman, not a preacher of anykind.

Sure enough, the terrible "mind fog" was gone & when my husband called that night he could tell something was different! We became friends with this man & his wife & drove to Maine a few times to be with them. This is the weird part....one of the last occasions we were together & discussing what had happened upon our first meeting...I asked him about his hand bouncing & he said, "That was coming from YOU!"

This is just something I lived through & cannot explain, even as you have had your own experiences, it seems.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (26th March 2018), Elpis (1st April 2018), Jayke (25th March 2018), Mike (25th March 2018), onawah (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Foxie that's an awesome story!

Thanks so much for sharing it. We need someone to help balance out my cynicism!:

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #112
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks, DNA! "Good or Parasitic".....that does make more sense. Or is it that we must inhabit all forms of "being" so we will understand the totality of all mindsets?
    You have hit the nail on the head here. I believe in reincarnation as a choice, not a trap. And I believe we end up participating in all the varied roles, including the one's we might look at as evil. When I was commenting on your "good vs evil" comment and replying with "good vs parasitic" I was talking about entities not as you or I and not considered human but instead angels, demons, gods and Gods.

But yes I'm with you, we all as souls at one point or another do some really heinous things when incarnating in this world.
    This is a point I rarely find confirmation with in so far as other folks who believe in reincarnation, many folks would like to think their inherit goodness always shines through and that they are perpetually the "good" guy. I'm of the opinion that we as incarnating humans have very little in common with our real/true soul's personality, that we are a collection of limitations made into a container so our soul can understand certain lessons.
    If we were Jesus or Buhdda in every incarnation what would we really learn?
    From what I've come to understand, we gain perspective from limitations.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Elpis (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Jayke (26th March 2018), Mike (26th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

O.K., Guys....does this mean our "real" self is on a never ending, unfolding of experiences? I wonder how the "others" fit into this scheme?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (27th March 2018), Mike (26th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

O.K., Guys....does this mean our "real" self is on a never ending, unfolding of experiences? I wonder how the "others" fit into this scheme?

I think so!

(And before I forget, I want to say I'm in total agreement with Marcus' last post)

I've seen it described like this:
    Life is like a video game DVD. All the options already exist on that DVD, every permutation of every move one can make. All we do is make the choices. We choose which options to experience.

We've often been described as "creators". But I wonder if we're actually just "choosers".

The way I understand it is that all time - past, present and future - is occurring right now. But it's not static....its like a giant interference pattern that is always in flux. The ramifications of this are mind boggling.

I was listening to a video on remote viewing recently. This guy had remote viewed Jesus, the biblical "war in heaven", John The Baptist, Pontius Pilate, and other cool, historical stuff. In some of the sessions the remote viewers came across ET's; most of the time the ET's were aware of their presence there. Sometimes they would allow the RV to stay and observe, and other times they would basically say "get lost".

So we know that there was at least one version of the past without this remote viewing influence, and now there was a version with this RV influence. I mean...wow. What does all this mean? Did the session influence the current time line of the remote viewers, or did it create a whole new time line? And while we're at it, how many times lines are there? And which one did the RV actually go back to? And what are all the consequences?

It's literally a mind spinning exercise.

I think the past , present and future all exist right here, right now. They exist in the same space but are operating on different frequencies. Our souls are experiencing all of it, right now. Not only our "past" lives, but also all the various versions of our current self....like the one that existed a year ago, or 10 years ago. Or 5 mins ago. There could, quite literally, be billions of versions of ourself.

Way off topic, but it's my thread damnit I'll do as I please lol.

As far as healing goes...if everything I say is accurate, sick folks are *already* healed. They just have to choose that option. Now if only I knew how to do that...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (27th March 2018), Elpis (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th March 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

29. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Mind boggling or mind spinning?!!! You've certainly given me a LOT to mull over,Mike! This is why Avalon is so great!!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), DNA (27th March 2018), Mike (27th March 2018), Valerie Villars (31st January 2019)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

Choices??? Until one is truly "aware", all of one's choices would have been made according to the brainwashing one received as a child, right?! Take for instance the NDE's or OBE'S.....one would interpret what one experienced according to the culture one had been raised in.

Maybe LIFE is one big April Fool's Day!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

33. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member Elpis's Avatar
    Thanks

Being "cut off" from the flow from Source really might explain why some people have no empathy for fellow human beings & see them as something to be "used" for selfish purposes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Foxey,
    As someone with a great deal of empathy, sometimes perhaps too much, this statement resonates within me. I could never understand how some people seem so unattached and unfeeling towards others. This makes perfect sense.

When I first read this I actually felt an ache in my heart for those “cut off”.
    “My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near to the ocean's edge as I can go.”

― Henry David Thoreau

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elpis For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

35. Link to Post #118
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote So I do beieve in these sorts of things, although they never came as the result of so called "distance healing ". And I don't know if they arrived so much as the result of my prayer or desperation either, or if the whole thing was preordained to begin with...my struggles and then the subsequent assistance along the way. Impossible to say.

Honestly I've got diarrhea of "healers". I've done the long distance variety and some hands on "energy healing"...and various other things. I was never healed lol.

Call me old fashioned, but if you call yourself a healer, you should be able to heal something! But it doesn't happen like that. If you were to confront a healer in such a way, they'd use very vague and ambiguous language to describe what they do, or what they think they do, in order to squirm out of any pressure you might exert on them to be specific.

What they generally do is some cross between ritual and placebo. The effects are subtle, at best!, and are almost always to do with a mild placebo created by the belief of the receiver. In other words, it's bullsh1t.

That's been my experience anyway. Occasionally we'll get exceptions to this, like "John of God" maybe. But in general very few derive any benefit.
    I hear you, Mike. For the past year, I've been researching energy healing, looking at scientific studies (of which there are many, though with conflicting evidence and not nearly comprehensive enough to be definitive):
    https://www.chi.is/infographic/

I've been trying to heal my own chronic fatigue and IBS, and I felt pulled incredibly strongly to study a form of energy medicine called the Bengston Method, even though my limited experience of energy medicine in the form of reiki a few times made me think it rarely works. I was so excited about it because it had some scientific evidence behind it in the form of lab testing, but when I tried it on 7 other people I got absolutely nothing. I was so disillusioned initially I gave it up completely, but in the past few weeks I've come back to energy medicine to try to understand whether there's a pattern to when it *does* work and whether you can in effect teach yourself without having a strong natural ability.

I don't know the answer to that. I hope so, because the world needs healers and I believe the science has shown that it's *possible*, just not likely or easy. Certainly people like Charlie Goldsmith (as seen in TLC's "The Healer") show it's possible to be extraordinarily effective -- he heals roughly 8 out of 10 people, in only a few minutes -- but whether anything like that ability is able to be taught is uncertain.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to racheldubois For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd April 2020), onawah (9th February 2019), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

37. Link to Post #119
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Choices??? Until one is truly "aware", all of one's choices would have been made according to the brainwashing one received as a child, right?! Take for instance the NDE's or OBE'S.....one would interpret what one experienced according to the culture one had been raised in.

Everything you learned since you were a child was made to deceive you. You were created by the world around you, and everything you did and thought since you were born has been predetermined. Even deeper, everything that you can possibly think is based on a very narrow set of beliefs and structures that have been dictated to you since a very young age: for example language. Your default setting is running your life secretly.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to bogdan9310 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd April 2020)

39. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)

Everything you learned since you were a child was made to deceive you. You were created by the world around you, and everything you did and thought since you were born has been predetermined. Even deeper, everything that you can possibly think is based on a very narrow set of beliefs and structures that have been dictated to you since a very young age: for example language. Your default setting is running your life secretly.
    Welcome to Avalon, bogdan9310.

Wow! Eight posts in 18 minutes flat. That’s got to be a record.

If you took the time to read through the threads and get to know the members, such as Foxie Loxie, you’ll see that she knows/we know more than you assumed she doesn’t/we don't.

Oops, make that NINE posts… AND counting...

UDATE: In your 9th post you share your website. Is that why you're here?

Avalon Forum Guidelines - Membership Guidelines.

4. SELF-PROMOTION
    • There’s a fine line here, which is a little tricky to define. Many members have their own sites, for instance, or have written books or even made movies, and it’s okay to mention those. Sometimes those contain very valuable information for members who want to learn more about a topic that interests them. That’s all valuable and is appreciated. Sharing information for mutual growth and learning is what we do here.
    • But if that becomes more like a ‘commercial’ proposition (like asking people to visit another site to make a donation), or to specifically buy a video or a book, or to sell a product, or to join another forum rather than remain on this one (which is a kind of ‘poaching’ which is neither appreciated nor in any way helpful), then the moderators will step in and gently explain that this is not okay. If in doubt, just please ask.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 31st January 2019 at 22:29.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd April 2020), Mike (31st January 2019), Valerie Villars (31st January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast