Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: World Peace

1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Member Ineffable Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,854 times in 495 posts

Default Re: World Peace

Hey Ernie,
    thanks for the reminder. Loved your post!

Today I did notice
    - that the sky was a deep azure that I hadnīt seen in a long while.
    - the children on the playgrounds all yanked their "winter coats" off, as the temperature increased and had a ball in the sunshine.
    - neighbours were outside, busy in their gardens.
    - and best of all.....the birds...I heard a lot of singing and chirping! Had missed them over the winter.
    It sounds and feels like spring is on itīs way back! Well, a hint of spring and it was, just simply....a wonderfu day!.
    The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.
    ~ rumi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ineffable Hitchhiker For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st March 2011), sdv (11th July 2013), Tane Mahuta (4th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Thanks for your post IH,

Yesterday, I took my own advice. I unhooked myself from this virtual world and actually went and connected with real people - in person.

They are a group of like-minded individuals, much like many members here in Avalon, who are searching for peace via personal truth. I dropped out of the group five years ago now.
    Some of my experiences with them can be found on the site: Spiritual Oasis. They are such authentic souls.

My presence there last night caused quite a stir. I was welcomed back like the prodgical son. I invigorated their auras and fortified their commitment to their spiritual endevours. Each were moved to tears, each wanted to touch me, to hug me - and I them. Mind you, most were new comers I had never met. But in me they saw the strength of one who has done a great deal of work in cleansing and reconnecting with his spirit. The facilitator, an old friend and very powerful teacher, introduced me as an equal, a teacher in his own right! It was an incredibly cathartic experience.

I offer this account only as a reminder of what is true. Life is true. Love is true. Empathy is true. Peace is true! And truth is true. These are universal laws that cannot be assailed by fleeting concerns of body and ego. But they can be forgotten...

I, of late, had forgotten my own power - and the peace that is mine.

I cannot be attacked, unless I first attack myself. I urge others to find the truth in these words. Go out and spread the truth! Reconnect with others and share the truth that is yours. For you are The Truth, The Light and The Way! Do this in rememberance of your one true self. Teach the truth in order to learn the truth you teach.

Peace and Love to All!
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 4th March 2011 at 07:50.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), meeradas (6th March 2011), penn (4th March 2011), PurpleLama (25th June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013), Tane Mahuta (4th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Thanks for injecting some positivity into Avalon Ernie.

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

I wish the world was ready for peace. I wish I was ready. But I am not. Words are cheap. And for me they come easily. I know their Source but I am mocked for my efforts.
    So be it.
    This experiment now draws to a close.
    Good luck to all.
    And Peace
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

JackMcThorn (23rd December 2022), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), meeradas (6th March 2011), Tane Mahuta (4th September 2011)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

I must be honest, this post was the reason I came here in the first place. I was compelled.

Therefore, I wish to continue it, although I acknowledge there are other threads of a similar nature.

I have learned so much in the last six months here at Avalon - I am not the same person who first arrived on these shores with unabashed optimism and naivety. I have been tempered in the flames of public debate and scrutiny. I have felt the power of both sides. I have met my equals and learned there are those who surpass me. I have been humbled but my spirit has only grown in fortitude, strength and hope.

I do not care what anyone thinks of me anymore - but I am passionate about my point of view. I believe it is important. And I will not be silenced - especially not by my own hand.

I think that may be the true beginnings of peace - here in my heart and in my soul.
    In my conviction.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

JackMcThorn (23rd December 2022), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (15th September 2011), sdv (11th July 2013)

10. Link to Post #46
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I must be honest, this post was the reason I came here in the first place. I was compelled.

Therefore, I wish to continue it, although I acknowledge there are other threads of a similar nature.

I have learned so much in the last six months here at Avalon - I am not the same person who first arrived on these shores with unabashed optimism and naivety. I have been tempered in the flames of public debate and scrutiny. I have felt the power of both sides. I have met my equals and learned there are those who surpass me. I have been humbled but my spirit has only grown in fortitude, strength and hope.

I do not care what anyone thinks of me anymore - but I am passionate about my point of view. I believe it is important. And I will not be silenced - especially not by my own hand.

I think that may be the true beginnings of peace - here in my heart and in my soul.
    In my conviction.
    Me too Ernie.
    The old me is back there somewhere, disappearing from view.
    I too have learned a lot here, mostly good, some what not to do and say.
    I too have found the road of peace and I am trying to negotiate it's twisting path now.
    Good luck to you nugget.

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Thanks m'Lord,

Yes, the twisting path of truth.
    But is it the path that twists or is it our own understandings that lead us astray? And once we are lost, the path seems like it must must have veered away - not us, of course.
    And so we see our otherwise straight path zig-zagging to keep up with the path of truth. Yet it is us who veer away in our uncertainty.

The path of truth is narrow and arrow straight.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Lord Sidious (15th September 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (15th September 2011)

13. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

There is a great thread on how to achieve world peace that I wish to link to here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t-would-you-Do

Please have a view.

And Peace

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Lord Sidious (15th September 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (15th September 2011), sdv (11th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Nice posts Ernie. Just stumbled upon your thread there now. Enjoyable reading.

In reply to your question in the first post;

"What would it take to have true and lasting peace on this planet?"

If that is the reality you want then you would start by recognizing that love is the law. Imagine if people currently living in vice, and dominated by hate, greed, fear, selfishness, anger etc, all started to live in virtue instead, and started practicing love, kindness, generosity, gratitude etc. The means become the end. Be the change you want to see in the world and all that.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 4th September 2018 at 07:26.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (17th June 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Thanks, Tyler, for reviving my very first thread.
    When I first came here I was sure this thread would sweep away all negativity and propel the way forward, uniting all Avalonians in a cause worthy of such a venerable bunch. Boy, was I wrong...
    Yet, it was a necessary step in my evolution. There are many viewpoints and many rungs on the ladder of unfolding knowledge. Each rung has its merits, each has its pitfalls. None can be dispensed with, if one wants to reach the "goal" of everlasting truth - of absolute truth.
    World peace is a big issue, with many branches of study.

One day I will reopen the discusion in earnest - when I have learned enough to give it the energy of certainty it deserves. That day perhaps others will be ready to come along for the ride.
    For one thing is for sure, I cannot get there on my own - that much I have learned...
    And the other is that almost everybody wants peace, yearns for peace, and knows in their hearts that their peace is dependant on WORLD PEACE.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

David Hughes (17th June 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd June 2012), Patrikas (17th June 2012), PurpleLama (25th June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Quote Posted by Loki (here)
    I guess your theory is assuming the fact that we were put here with a good intention and not put here to be punished .. which has an equal possibility to be true ...

Punished by whom? Yourself? It has a zero possibility to be true.

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Hey Ernie,

Yeah i saw the link for your thread when I was reading Wade's FE thread again there last week. I'm reading the whole thing again now from the start.

Love and virtue are the only ways out of this mess as far as i can see. How can we have peace if even some of the more 'intelligent' members on this forum are advocating violence and retribution towards bankers, the GC's, criminals and all the rest.

I'd be of the opinion that Universal karma takes very good care of evil doers without any humans having to intervene. Cause and effect is alive and well. What goes around comes around. You reap what you sow. If you were presented with lets say 10 of the highest ranking GC's, and were handed a gun, and you were told you could shoot them all and rid the planet of them once and for all, would you do it? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The first step to world peace as I see it is by committing acts of love on a regular basis, and by collectively living in virtue. When we as a species start doing that en mass and we might start getting somewhere.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 6th August 2018 at 07:11.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

Limor Wolf (22nd June 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Tyler, that is the most creative idea that has been posted in a long time, definitely the best on this thread, including my own!

Thank you so much. You might not believe it but it has made my day.

I've been wondering, why am I back at slaving for a buck? I had a little business but it just never seemed to go anywhere, never got off the ground. So I've been very poor for a long time now. But you know, it has been the most alive I've ever felt - I wish I had remembered to be happy more...

Now I'm at work and I ask my guides, my higher self, "Why am I here? What has made it my karma to endure another round of slavery?" And you know what I realized today? I am there to love those guys, to encourage them, to teach them by example. I laugh, I joke, I teach a little bit (not electrical, my trade, but about Life). And I keep my ears open, and my vision sharp for the telltale signs of fatigue or stress. When I see it, I go and lend a hand. Calm them, soothe them, humour them. Then I go back to my work...

Love is the only way forward, tempered by compassion and charity. God bless the lost and lonely, the confused and tired, the bewildered and ignorant. They give me a job to do!

You could hook up a hundred GCs to a thousand volts and hand me the switch and even if I wouldn't even have to watch them fry or smell their flesh burn, I still would refuse to throw the switch!

God bless you Tyler, my friend.
    God bless us all!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Limor Wolf (22nd June 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013)

24. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Good to hear Ernie.

I've 2 months left on my current work contract/prison sentence, and then the chains are cut loose and i'm off travelling again not knowing where or what my next ‘job’ will be. We'll see where the wind takes me.

I remember hearing David Wilcock and some other fella on with Kerry a few months ago, and he was imploring the listeners to commit one act of love a day. One act?? Why not raise the bar a bit higher? There are countless opportunities presented to us all in any given day or week in which we can practice virtue/love. Why not rinse and repeat those 'acts' until the point where you do them naturally with little or no conscious effort at all?

Consciously making the effort to commit 1 act of love a day is a great start, but we will really be getting somewhere when people have practiced it and mastered it to the point whereby you do it without even having to think about doing it. You then become it.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 4th September 2018 at 07:33.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2012), gigha (22nd June 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd June 2012), PurpleLama (25th June 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012), sdv (11th July 2013)

26. Link to Post #55
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

I need to go to work, so I have no time to write, just to let you know Ernie and Tyler that you are beautiful people.
    I have left my job three days ago, gave the notice, after nine full years of security in a place where I was appreciated .I need to do something else right now which I am not sure what it is... kind of a jumping and letting the universe catch me. I got the Q, and I feel at peace, I am going towords departing from the system more and more in my own slow step after step way.

Thanks for sharing the feelings of your heart, as you never know how it might hit a note with an anonymous reader... (me, for example :~)

Many blessings ~
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 22nd June 2012 at 08:41.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2012), PurpleLama (25th June 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012)

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Limor! For me, if anything is worth practicing and trying to master in this lifetime on this planet, its virtue.

I've been in Asia 4 years and now Indochina is calling me - Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand for starters. Ankor Wat and the jungles have been on my "to do" list for too long.

Oddly, the cheapest flights i can find from Bangkok back to Europe around the Christmas period have a layover in Cairo of all places, so i'm gonna stop off there for 3 days and check out the Pyramids. I'll be at or in the Great Pyramid on December 21st, 2012 by pure 'chance'. Happy days.

Have a good one.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 4th September 2018 at 07:36.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th June 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012)

30. Link to Post #57
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Thanks Tyler, being in Cairo for the end of the year, a 'pure chance'... ye, right. Interesting since Kerry cassidy is organizing a trip to the Pyramids at that specific time as well, a friend and myself were thinking about going, but it's turning to be quite expensive.

You are a real wonderer, but I gues you know it. Your travels around the world have probably provided you with the kind of a 'street wise' wisdom and with the practical sense of knowing people. it sounds like you made 'the jump' many times, Trust is a main ingredient in this 'dish'. I am learning. I like to hermit at home and I learned up till now mainly from within, but times are changing and the requirements are to be more 'out'.

Enjoy your travels in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand. I am certain you will pick some 'diamond in the rough' experiences over there as well.

You take care!
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 4th July 2012 at 10:18. Reason: typo's

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Robert J. Niewiadomski (29th June 2012)

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

And that's how World Peace is accomplished, one random act of kindness at a time...and by following your heart.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Robert J. Niewiadomski (17th November 2012)

34. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

Hi

Imagine everyone of 7 billions of Earth inhabitants do one random act of kindness today Would this be considered the World Peace? And after it everybody gets hooked
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th December 2012)

36. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

If any here have read any of my posts, besides my rants of course (I am only human), they might have noticed there is a certain theme to all my writing. They are all based on this list of rights:

THE CONSTITUTION FOR WORLD PEACE

All human beings are creations of One Source and thereby certain rights are bestowed upon them by virtue of birth alone. These rights shall be administered with the highest sense of honor and duty to ensure the equal, unbiased and fair treatment of all. To further ensure the granting of these rights it is declared that no individual, group, special interest lobby or any other sub-grouping, whether overt or covert, shall attain a proportion of any goods, property, chattel or contracts of any description greater than the sum of the individuals and their basic allotment would allow within those sub-groups until such time when all human beings have been allotted their basic needs according to the rights described herein.

All human beings by virtue of birth have a basic and fundamental right to happiness and freedom. To ensure the complete freedom to choose happiness: shelter, food, clothing, transportation, medical care, education, employment, and sundry items to facilitate the pursuit of entertainment, pastimes and hobbies that may be coveted from birth to death are deemed to be the right of every individual. All of the above shall be provided as best the human production capacity will allow.

All human beings have the right to total access to all information, without censure, restriction, exemption or omission.

All human beings have the right to the security of person and to whatever reasonable degree of privacy that person may wish to maintain.

All human beings have the right to dignity and respect at all times. No human being, for whatever reason, shall be held against their will, sanctioned in any way or otherwise subject to punitive measures.

All human beings are equal. No individual or sub-group shall have authority over any other individual or sub-group, without exception. All common decisions must be made by consensus, without exception.

All human beings have the right to anonymity. No human being or sub-group shall be singled out, distinguished, characterized, maligned or otherwise brought to the attention of others without their consent.

All human beings have the right to live, without exception.

All human beings are completely free to think, say or do whatever they wish, at any time, for any reason so long as the rights of all other individuals, as outlined above, are respected and upheld throughout.

All human beings have the right to come and go anywhere and everywhere at any time without restriction, provided all other rights discussed herein are observed.

I've stayed true to these priciples to the best of my abilities, in my writing, my thoughts and my interaction with others.
    The reason I hold these ideas as sacred is that I observe how there is a push to have us believe we can:
    a) reset this society from the inside and continue with business as usual
    b) disseminate the truth despite the powerful forces that hoard knowledge for their own gain
    c) solve our problems with technology; that human progress and evolution is all located on the physical plane
    d) prosper only if we have leaders with authoritative and absolute control to implement whatever laws they deem necessary
    e) and must let everybody live out their karma without interference - even if their lives are miserable (mostly an eastern concept)
    f) wait for the aliens to land, clean up our mess and show us how to do better
    g) ---------- (insert your own insight) -----------

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

sdv (11th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast