1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Could this be you? Garret LoPorto and the Wayseer Manifesto

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Thank you Constance. I broke free in 1988. Gave up my job with a pension and health insurance and went to work in a New Age bookstore and sold herbs and essential oils on the side. Began studying massage therapy.

I changed my diet and doctors became unnecessary for me. I make my own hours and live by my own biological clock. (No kids helps).

I have always shared my ideas and revelations despite being largely ignored. I entertained others with my "original" ideas. It was a life where you got little support from most. Being selective of friends and acquaintances is important for staying on the path. Things have improved a bit but 20+ years later people are proving stubborn still.

I think the Earth changes and shifts will help with the awakening process.
    Oh Modwiz!

You are so very welcome

Wow!!! You have been on the path for some time then!

Your story is awe-inspiring and your tenacity in continuing to share your truth in the face of such adversity is utterly magnificant

Thank you ...

You've just sent me into bliss again...

I'm so grateful that you share here.

My cup runneth over...

with much Love and Light,
    Constance

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

FearNot (25th March 2011), modwiz (19th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Thank you Constance. That was the first of the inspirational videos with which I resonate.

Here is something worth the wait. The elites will despair when they see this and they will challenge it.

No matter. lol

It is about rebellion, it is about revolution and it is about tearing down the soul destroying system that enslaves us. There is no call to sit back and let it happen here....its action, and reaction.

To do, be active and make change.

Do not heed those that call you to do nothing, to follow their rules and wait for salvation.

That is elite speak.

Take action and create change. Just do it.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Brilliant.

You are very welcome David.

I felt so totally transported by that video.

It was completely inspiring and uplifting to me. I had some profound realisations from that video.

They were realisations of the heart.

It felt utterly empowering and liberating.

It inspired me to share it with others.

Be, do and then tell.

Thank you David....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Icecold (19th March 2011), InTheBackground (19th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

-----

The lyrics without any commentary.

-----

ATTENTION: All you rule-breakers, you misfits and troublemakers - all you free spirits and pioneers - all you visionaries and non-conformists ...

Everything that the establishment has told you is wrong with you- is more likely what's right with you.

You see things others don’t. You are hardwired to change the world. Unlike 9 out of 10 people - your mind is irrepressable - and this threatens authority. You were born to be a revolutionary.

You can’t stand rules because in your heart you know there’s a better way.

You have strengths dangerous to the establishment - and it wants them eliminated, So your whole life you’ve been told your strengths were weaknesses - Now I’m telling you otherwise.

Your impulsivity is a gift - impulses are your key to the miraculous,

Your distractibility - is an artifact of your inspired creativity,

Your mood swings - reflect the natural pulse of life, they give you unstoppable energy when you’re high and deep soulful insight when you’re low,

Been diagnosed with a "disorder”? That’s society’s latest way to deny it’s own illness by pointing the finger at you. Your addictive personality is just a symptom of your vast underused capacity for heroic, creative expression and spiritual connection. your utter lack of repression, your wide eyed idealism, your unmitigated open mind - didn’t anyone ever tell you?! these are the traits shared by the greatest pioneers and visionaries and innovators, revolutionaries, procrastinators and drama queens, activists on the social scene, space cadets and mavericks, philosophers and derelicts, business suits flying fighter jets, football stars and sex addicts, celebrities with ADD, alcoholics who seek novelty, first responders - prophets and saints, mystics and change agents.

We are - all - the same - you know
    ‘cuz we’re all affected by the way -
    ‘cuz we’re all attracted to the flame -

You know in your heart that there's a natural order to life, something more sovereign than any man-made rules or laws could ever express.

This natural order is called "the Way."

The Way is the eternal substrate of the cosmos. It guides the very current of time and space. The Way is known by some as the Will of God, Divine Providence, the Holy Spirit, the implicate order, the Tao, reverse-entropy, life-force, but for now we’ll simply call it "the Way." The Way is reflected in you as the source of your inspiration, the source of your passions, your wisdom, your enthusiasm, your intuition, your spiritual fire - love. The Way takes the chaos out of the Universe and breathes life into it by reflecting divine order. The Way, when experienced by the mind, is genius, when perceived through the eyes is beauty, when felt with the senses is grace, when allowed into the heart ... is love.

Most people cannot sense the Way directly. ... But then there are the Wayseers. The keepers of the flame. Wayseers have an unexplainable knack for just knowing the Way. They sense it in their very being. They can’t tell you why or how they arrived at the right answer. They just know it in their core. They can’t show their work. So don’t ask. Their minds simply resonate with the Way. When the Way is present, so are they.

While others are blind to it, and society begs you to ignore it, “the Way” stirs you inside. Neurological repression blocks most people’s awareness of the Way - censoring all thoughts and impulses from the unconscious is their prefrontal cortex - the gestapo of the brain - nothing which violates its socialized programming even gets through; but your mind is different. your mind has been cracked wide open to the Way - by some miraculous genetic trait, some psychotropic chemical or maybe even by the will of your very soul, your brain’s reward pathways have been hijacked - dopamine employed to overthrow the fascist dictatorship of your prefrontal cortex - now your brain is free of repression, your mind free of censorship, your awareness exposed to the turbulent seas of the unconscious - through this open doorway divine light shines into your consciousness showing you the Way. This is what makes you a Wayseer.

90% of human civilization is populated with those who’s brains are blocked to the Way. Their brains are hardwired to enforce the social programming indoctrinated since birth. Unlike you they cannot break out of this programming, because they have not yet experienced the necessary revolution of mind. These programmed people take social institutions and rules very seriously. Society is full of games programmed to keep peoples’ minds occupied so they will not revolt. These games often cause sick fixations on peculiar protocols, power structures, taboos and domination - all subtle forms of human bondage - This distinct form of madness is not only tolerated by the masses but insisted upon. The programmed ones believe in rules so forcefully they become willing to destroy anyone who violates them.

Wayseers are the ones who call their bluff. Since Wayseer minds are free to reject social programming, Wayseers readily see social institutions for what they are - imaginary games. Wayseers comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. Helping those who are lost in these games and refuse to help themselves is a calling of many Wayseers. Since Wayseers are the ones who keep contact with the original source of reality - they are able to disrupt societal conventions and even governments to realign humanity with the Way.

The Wayseers are an ancient lineage. A kind of priesthood - carriers of the flame - ones "in the know." There must always be Wayseers to reform the dizzying psychotic spinning gears of society - giant mindless hamster wheels obscuring the pure blue sky, keeping humanity shackled in a darkened cage - so Wayseers are called - to shed light on the madness of society - to continually resurrect the timeless transcendent Spirit of Truth -

Wayseers reveal this divine truth by devoting themselves to the birth of some creative or disruptive act expressed through art or philosophy, innovations to shake up industry, revolutions for democracy, coups that topple hypocrisy, movements of solidarity, changes that leave a legacy, rebellions against policy, spirit infused technology, moments of clarity, things that challenge barbarity, watersheds of sincerity, momentous drives for charity

‘cuz we’re all affected by the way -
    ‘cuz we’re all attracted to the flame -

This is your calling, Wayseer.

You’ve found your tribe.

Welcome home.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Amenjo (19th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), fifi (20th March 2011), Icecold (19th March 2011), InTheBackground (19th March 2011), Muzz (19th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), Shikasta (20th March 2011), thunder24 (19th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Thanks Bill Ryan for taking me up on this - I did not see those links when I googled him.

When Constance Neal first posted the Wayseers Manifesto video I checked the YouTube comments, but nothing in WayseerNews' (LoPorto's) notes mentioned ADD (aka ADHD, Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder). I wondered why the misinformed crap about the prefrontal cortex being the 'censor' and the dopamine stuff managed to find their way into the video lyrics: now I understand. After all, Wayseers has nothing to do with the Da Vinci method; it's obviously a spinoff from his earlier success, using the same tactics.

Even the Wayseers.org site mentions nothing at all about ADD. Nothing at all. Check it out.

When I finally stumbled across the Da Vinci Method site, it too mentioned nothing about ADD on its front page, which is why nothing about it suggested to me LoPorto might be using it to help those with ADD. The big red banner simply says (similar to Wayseers)

Quote Discover the secret to harnessing your DaVinci-type personality just like the world's most successful entrepreneurs, artists and inventors.
    But LoPorto is a man of many websites.

Two of the links in your reply refer to his Class of 2010: Epic Fail article. One is in the mostly well-regarded Huffington Post; the other is on one of his other sites, LoPorto.com. Surprise, surprise; the HP article is a mirror of his own. No objective reporting here. What about that bio on him, also in the HP that you quoted? Surprise, surprise again; apart from the first paragraph, the wording is identical to his bio on the About Garret page of the Da Vinci Method site. I wonder who wrote that?

Interestingly, one difference between the two is that the HP claims that he is a "depth psychologist", a term not used in his own bio. According to Wikipedia,

Quote The term has come to refer to the ongoing development of theories and therapies pioneered by Pierre Janet, William James, Sigmund Freud, and Carl Jung. Depth psychology explores the relationship between the conscious and the unconscious and includes both psychoanalysis and Jungian psychology.
    Impressive. So what qualifications has he for this profession? None that I can find. What scientific papers has he written? None that I am aware of. Unfortunately for my research, the term "Da Vinci method "is more widely known in the medical world as a form of hysterectomy.

But LoPorto's love affair with the Huffington Post as a source of free publicity does not end there. Indeed, other articles from his websites have appeared, such as Surprising Way Your Neanderthal Genes May Affect You, in which Loporto, "Author, speaker, inventor, successful entrepreneur, depth psychologist and Neanderthal" voices his theory that

Quote It may be our Neanderthal genes that are behind virtually all human progress. New DNA data reveals that many of us are carrying Neanderthal genes. And not only that, but evidence is mounting that when those genes are activated in you, they can cause you to become incredibly resourceful, pioneering, creative... and utterly out of control.

I'm relieved to see him use the word "may" above, though quite frankly, when I see this pic of him from his website, it's not too hard to agree with this ancestry.

But he has written a book, The Da Vinci Method. Intrigued by this apparent lack of peer review, I came across this short thread in Yahoo! Answers:

Quote Are there any serious critical reviews of the Da Vinci Method by Garret Loporto? The book deals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and I was wondering whether there was any consensus among thoughtful critics (assuming they exist) concerning the merits of this book? I found lots of advertising for the book, but almost no serious critical reviews of the book. I guess I want to know whether the book is generally respected by members of the psychological community who specialize in the study and treatment of ADHD.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    Negative evidence only: I don't find any mention of it at Google Scholar nor do I find it at the Gale databases. That's not a good sign for serious peer-reviewed journals. In general searches, I find only popular reviews (amazon.com) so I would be wary.
    Undeterred by this, I visited the Amazon website to check out Customer Reviews of The Da Vinci Method - Break Out & Express Your Fire (perhaps not suited to an ADHD sufferer with arsonist tendencies). Out of 33 reviews so far, it scored 4.5 out of 5, though one reader described it as "part self-help, part ego trip" and another said

Quote "The absence of method is the method", finally on page 246 Loporto reveals the truth. He wrote a book to make you feel good. It says absolutley (sic) nothing - but that is his method.
    Incidentally, for those who have not visited his Wayseer website, LoPorto has just written a book named The Wayseer Manifesto.

The best review I could find of LoPorto's work came from, of all places, the Education In Japan Community Blog. It is quite a comprehensive article and compares the Da Vinci method with other therapies. Quoting selectively from it (underlining is mine):

Quote Firstly, the Da Vinci Method theory says ADD/ADHD is not a disorder at all but is simply a hereditary or genetic condition that is found in persons who bear a gene (possibly a number of genes) but in particular the gene DRD4 7R allele that is present in about 10% of the world’s population and up to 25% of Americans. The gene has a high prevalence in successful entrepreneurs and creative or highly successful people who have a capability to ‘think outside the box’. Persons with this genetic and personality trait possess a different manner of brain operation. According to DaVinci personality trait theory, the ADD/ADHD gene affects the brain’s relationship with dopamine; this difference causes the ADDer to crave stimulation and to seek thrills, take risks, discover new ways to do things, be bolder, and have more charisma. It is this temperament accompanying this genetic difference that happens to be the same temperament that makes rock stars, inventors, artists and athletes, entrepreneurs, leaders and billionaires successful.

Why the DaVinci behind the DaVinci Method name?

LoPorto explained, “Leonardo Da Vinci most certainly demonstrated many of the ADHD spectrum of behaviours, and it is from this most famous of individuals that this therapy approach takes its name. In 67 years, Da Vinci was only able to complete 17 of his paintings; he stated that this was because his interests were so varied and diverse. Einstein did not excel at school, and his achievements there were entirely unremarkable, and yet, both of these individuals became some of the greatest thinkers and achievers in the history of humanity.”

In one interview, LoPorto said,

“I based my theory of a Da Vinci Method on a German psychoanalyst named Otto Rank. He was a protégé of Sigmund Freud. Rank discovered that the best therapy for a creative was a brief encounter to force them into their own will and volition to do what they really wanted to do. Rank was an advocate for strength but as psychoanalysis got popular it became obvious that Rank’s approach only worked for the Da Vinci type. There are only 10 to 25 percent of these kinds of individuals in any given population.”

Da Vinci Method approach to education for ADDers is that parents and teachers channel children’s energies rather than normalise them

The Da Vinci method argues that rather than “normalise” the ADD child because of the burden it places on both parents and teachers in their efforts to make a child conform to the norms of society, their energies should instead be focused and channelled in accordance with the child’s DaVinci personality or nature to maximise that potential for brilliance. In particular, the method theorises that children with ADHD need a completely educational environment or teaching approach to ‘normal children. Children with ADHD/DaVinci personalities need a focus on experiential learning rather than using set text book methodologies to solve problems. ADHD children will then tap into their innate skills though often using unusual ways to solve problems, and reaching the ‘right’ answers.

The book ”The Da Vinci Method” offers up a summary of a host of research and educational theories on holistic therapies that expert scientists, educators and psychologists have been proposing since the 1990s. It suggests that these therapeutic approaches are worth investigating by parents of an ADHD child (and indeed by an adult ADHD sufferer). As such, it provides a wholly novel way of thinking about and coping with the problems of attention deficit disorder.

The ADD/ADHD gene affects the brain’s relationship with dopamine. This difference causes one to crave stimulation just to feel alive. When you crave stimulation you are more likely to seek thrills, take risks, discover new ways to do things, be bolder, and have more charisma. The temperament that accompanies this genetic difference happens to be the same temperament that makes rock stars, inventors, artists and athletes, entrepreneurs, leaders and billionaires successful.”

At one interview, LoPorto advocated special schools and different educational environments for ADD/DaVinci type children to help them:

“Find the constructive outlet to get your fire going and come alive. Be self-directed but with boundaries. The more a Da Vinci child can choose their own direction and be master of their own fate the more you have an engaged child. The way one is taught has a huge impact. Science projects got me going. I pursued them relentlessly until an amazing creation happened. A lot of others would appreciate this way. Teachers are teaching to the test. School systems originated in Germany. So we have an educational institution designed to break the will by a military-industrial complex.”

That line will surely strike a consonant chord with homeschoolers.

While LoPorto’s best-selling book “DaVinci Method” is “hot” with the ADD community and parents who feel his method is a lifeline thrown to them since the ADD children can have a disruptive effect on families, there are strangely no articles written by more weighty academic peers and experts reviewing the DaVinci method, whether for or against on the same topic, … which may suggest that LoPorto as an author lacks scientific or academic credibility.

Unendorsed by scientists as the DaVinci Method may be, there are other writings that are not at odds with the method’s ideas about ADD and creativity. [similar therapies discussed]

"The DaVinci Method is over 200 pages of the most useful therapy ever designed for helping creative types like you be more productive. We don’t teach you to sit still and focus on details, we teach you how to embrace your ability to see the BIG PICTURE, set trends and lead the pack. You are gifted to have the ADD/ADHD gene."

This highly promotional advertising note on LoPorto’s website strikes some people as overly gimmicky. The proponent of the DaVinci method, Garret LoPorto is still more famous as a successful entrepreneur, CEO, presenter at MIT, U.S. & International patent-pending inventor who has been featured in The New York Times, Money Magazine, The Boston Globe and The London Financial Times, than psycho-therapy expert on ADD.

But gimmicky or not, perhaps part of the appeal of his theory and his book, is that he speaks with experience as an ADDer himself (it must help that he’s a highly successful entrepreneur and millionaire), and perhaps because he genuinely seems to care. LoPorto revealed his reasons during an interview for coming up with the DaVinci Method:

“When developing the concept I was looking for a new label. One that would hopefully begin to catch on in the school systems, where young children are developing their own self identities and concepts. We need a label that teachers, instructors, guardians, and parents could give to children to empower instead of disable them. The disorder label of ADHD is based on temperament and a self-identification process which one believes and then goes on to manifest symptoms based on those beliefs. Another way to look at it is to notice how before we got the label ADHD there was the term troubled child. Kids were burdened with this concept of being trouble. Look at Richard Branson. He typifies the Da Vinci type. They either end up billionaires or in prison. Thomas Edison was unteachable but look how brilliant he was. So the empowering label is Da Vinci. This describes high energy and very creative children who bounce around when inspired. If they find something that keeps their focus it can evoke them to be what they really can be. Da Vinci and Edison are great examples of that. Da Vinci was so archetypical in artistic and scientific endeavors.”

And although self-billed as an expert on ADD (NOT autism though) at his promotional website, he issues an inspirational “call to be true to one’s own “ADD” nature“. Whatever LoPorto’s concept lacks in credibility, it more than makes up for in accessibility and popularity. Many will probably heed his call.
    A shorter article appeared in Cerebra, a patient self-help site for ADHD sufferers, titled
    Other Approaches

Quote Creativity-based approaches
    Mostly explained in popular books, these approaches encourage the person with AD(H)D to take advantage of their potentially creative characteristics. The books point out that some highly successful people have had, or may have had AD(H)D. They include the ‘Da Vinci Method’, and a range of personal development titles, available from Internet booksellers and elsewhere. A different perspective.
    One of my friends is a lady with a long experience teaching ADHD children in "special schools"; she also has a child afflicted by this. I asked her if anyone had mentioned the Da Vinci Method. She told me she had never heard of it, though she seemed interested.

So to sum up, LoPorto is a sufferer of ADD himself who has succeeded financially and socially. His book appears to contain very little original work but is a summary of the work done by others. He has several highly self-promotional websites and IMO has extended his enterpreneurial activities to Wayseers, including an "inspirational" video where we can see no expense has been spared to promote The Way.

But is this really the right Way? The more I look at this presumably well-meaning charlatan, the less I like what I see.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

morgs59 (21st March 2011), noxon medem (30th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    France Avalon Member buckminster fuller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 times in 475 posts

What do you really want to look at ..? form or content ? Income or outcome ? The guy with a message or the message? we should maybe scrutinize the later instead of conjecturing about the individual.. An individual is a complex concept, the result of so many inside and outside parameters that even attempting to judge one seems to me rather an impossible , or unfair act. It's the same concept as narrowing down communism to something "bad". The ideology is not that bad if you consider the ideas on which it is grounded. If you are to consider how historically it has been hijacked by tptb, you might want to review your first assumption that everything that look communist inherits a trait of danger. This is exactly what they want you to believe. Propaganda at its best...
    life is design

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buckminster fuller For This Post:

Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), Swanette (21st March 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

@Buckminster Fuller

I've been involved in Web marketing long enough to spot a get-rich-quick merchant when I see one.

I also hate seeing innocent people, particularly kids, get suckered in and let down afterwards, which just perpetuates the cycle they've been trying to kick.

What is this guy offering, other than a book and membership of a group? I haven't seen any concrete plan, such as liaison with some accredited health professional, or a training course, etc. He seems to be remarkably quiet about how he plans to help people.

We all know that self-help (his book) doesn't work on the majority of sufferers with psychological conditions, else most would have recovered by now. A great pity, but that's being realistic. Anyone who's tried any of the methods, from Émile Coué to Norman Vincent Peale, from Dale Carnegie to Anthony Robbins, tends to blame himself/herself for lack of success when what they really needed in the first place was live assistance from a properly trained professional. No book or music video can supply this.

Granted, a few people with a need for inspiration of this kind will be helped to break through their chains and will keep returning to this mantra to remotivate them. But they seem to me to be the type who would have managed to do this anyway, Wayseers or no Wayseers. I'm more concerned about its effect on the greater majority, particularly those whose traumas are piling up to make them unusually susceptible to suggestion and grab at straws as if their lives depended on it. These are the ones most likely to sign up, part with their money and maybe end up even more discouraged and disappointed.

When I hear LoPorto's message, and particularly when I analyse its text, no amount of rhetoric or loud music can disguise its blatant superficiality for me. YMMV.

As you say, all this has little to do with the fact that Constance posted this motivational piece for us with the utmost sincerity and I thank her again for doing it. I agree with you that my comments on this are largely about the messenger rather than the message, so I'm happy to stop here and let the music itself play on.

@John
    I see you simply copied the lyrics from the website. If you check them against the live performance you will notice some differences, mostly minor but a few ones I consider significant. Feel free to compare with my version, and if you wish, take what you need from mine (minus the comments). For example, the second line of the chorus makes more sense if written as

‘cuz we’re all affected by The Way

rather than the Web version, which implies

‘cuz we’re all affected, by the way
    Last edited by str8thinker; 19th March 2011 at 13:59.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

lightblue (19th March 2011), morgs59 (21st March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 times in 264 posts

Morning Everyone...
    I watched the YouTube above and did thank Constance but I also went on the web site. I was surprised to find a 10 question "test" to see if you were a wayseer. This is exactly the opposite of what the video was projecting. Creating a criteria (who drew up these parameters?) that defines and labels who you are and how you fall short. Then I saw the book advertised and it all made sense. By the way, according to the test, I am not a wayseer (maybe I need to buy the book). I think I will avoid anything with manifesto attached to its name.
    Bye for now... westhill

14. The Following User Says Thank You to westhill For This Post:

ulli (19th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Str8thinker:
    What you state here could just as easily be said about John Lennon's message.
    Except that John Lennon was not born in the valley of Neander...
    he was a gifted musician and poet
    and he had a more discerning audience.
    Sign of the times...
    Last edited by ulli; 19th March 2011 at 14:11.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), slvrfx (19th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #49
    France Avalon Member buckminster fuller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 times in 475 posts

Ok, I guess on a personal level I could find enough to reference to so that it did move me to hear the words. Still does.. Yet, if I'm to project the potential effects of dead ends movements which true goals are those of money, sometimes disinformation, I can only agree that a lot of new-age like movements can greatly mislead people in the long run. Those times are about people waking up, any little help, might it be from dubious characters, that can spark into people minds something of the idea that we are entitled to reclaim our sovereignty I see as a good thing.

Peace
    life is design

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buckminster fuller For This Post:

QueenKat (30th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,524 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by str8thinker (here)
    Thanks Bill Ryan for taking me up on this - I did not see those links when I googled him.

One of my friends is a lady with a long experience teaching ADHD children in "special schools"; she also has a child afflicted by this. I asked her if anyone had mentioned the Da Vinci Method. She told me she had never heard of it, though she seemed interested.

So to sum up, LoPorto is a sufferer of ADD himself who has succeeded financially and socially. His book appears to contain very little original work but is a summary of the work done by others. He has several highly self-promotional websites and IMO has extended his enterpreneurial activities to Wayseers, including an "inspirational" video where we can see no expense has been spared to promote The Way.
    Thanks, Str8thinker - I appreciated that you read my post, and did some more digging.

This is a useful debate, btw: I know that you are a skeptic in the honorable (Bernie Haisch) sense of the word, and not a debunker.

One further question - did you read this Huffington Post article? I was once a teacher (for a brief two years, in my 20s) - and I cannot fault this. What he states have always been my thoughts entirely. As far as I can see, this man is sincere.

And it's no crime to write a book to inspire people who've been socialized and conditioned into believing that they're failures or misfits: or to devise a method that may help those for whom school is not best suited, whether or not it's original work or a synthesis.

My provisional verdict: Kudos to him. He operates within the corporate world (again, not a crime) - but is also a maverick. That's all cool.

Read this excellent piece, that sums up his position:

http://huffingtonpost.com/garret-lop..._b_607560.html

Class of 2010: Epic FAIL...

Garret LoPorto

rabble rouser, author, speaker, inventor, entrepreneur, and depth psychologist

No jobs for a misled, mis-educated generation.

According to The Wall Street Journal, hundreds of thousands of new college graduates are entering a U.S. work force that has no use for them. While two million college grads remain unemployed, kids with $200k educations get to compete for jobs waiting and busing tables, delivering pizzas, serving as bouncers at night clubs and baristas at Starbucks. Those who've gone the distance to earn Ivy League law degrees may be joining other Ivy League law grads working as census takers, file clerks, and substitute teachers.

If you're a recent college grad, you've likely spent your entire academic life training to be irrelevant in our new economy. Not only that but you're likely to be tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for an "education" whose economic bubble just burst.

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but most of the smartest, richest self-made billionaires were astute enough to ditch class and dropout of this irrelevant education system. Billionaire dropouts include many of the most forward thinking entrepreneurs of our time such as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Michael Dell, Sheldon Adelson, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen and about 70 other self-made billionaire drop outs.

Trained to Fail

After all the hard work it took you to survive seventeen years of this archaic, industrial era academic system, you're about to discover it was all a giant mistake. You've been trained to fail in the worst possible sense; because you're not even failing at what you naturally love to do - you're failing at what you've been trained to think you should do. And the new global economy doesn't give a rat about the promises you were made. "Get good grades, so you can go to a good college, so you can get a good job," is yesterday's news and it's about as helpful as knowing yesterday's lotto number.

U.S. schooling has probably trained you to follow instructions (instead of blaze your own trail), engage in rote learning (instead of deep, thoughtful exploration), work for grades (instead of your true passions), develop a docile, domesticated disposition, dependent on the "the system" for security and employment (instead of developing your own rugged individualism). You've been taught to avoid experimentation and risk, because straight "A" students are trained to think they need to "get it right" at least 90% of the time, (instead of learning to be comfortable taking big risks with the confidence that if you can just "get it right" 20% of the time in the real world, you'll be among the most successful entrepreneurs, pioneers, innovators and creative risk-takers in the world.

9 out of 10 new businesses and creative ventures fail. Get a 2 out of 10 success rate in the real world and you win. Get 5 out of 10 right in school or as an industrial age factory/knowledge worker and you still fail.) Bottom line is, school's trained you to fail outside of anything but the artificial bubble of "higher education" and the American industrial age economic system, which we have just watched collapse.

Taught to Think Like a Dinosaur

This whole fiasco wasn't malicious, but rather a consequence of a school system designed over a century ago, for what was necessary to drive last century's industrializing economy. The U.S. school system was designed in Germany around the turn of the last century to fuel the industrial revolution. That's where we got much of it from - even the name "kindergarten" (literally "child garden" - a place to grow kids.)

The need then was for good factory workers and managers who did what they were told and followed procedures. So the school system wasn't designed to foster free thinking, a pioneering spirit, innovation, or passion - in fact it was designed to snuff out those traits; it was designed to replace your natural inclinations, curiosities, and creativity with the compulsive desire to earn good grades and subordinate to the system. Instead of learning and working for passion, you were likely trained to learn and work for performance evaluations and your supervisor's approval.

This worked on a national scale when graduates joined a massive workforce mobilized to build and man factories. In that era industrial citizens needed to be docile and easily trained to execute policies and procedures, day in and day out, without question or revolt. When industrialization was still the name of the game this approach ensured U.S. economic supremacy.

Back then two major realities of today didn't exist: computers and telecommunication-driven global outsourcing. With these two factors squarely in place now, there's either a computer or someone in India or China's newly educated two billion person workforce who can perform the same tasks for which our school system trained you - and these new solutions offer corporations orders of magnitude greater efficiency than any U.S. grad. That is, unless you're willing to work for $10k a year.

If you are, then your U.S. education may still serve you well for years to come. If not, then you've been duped. Some of us have been warning about this for many years, but now it's finally happened - with 17% unemployment for our latest generation of college graduates, many of which are now burdened with huge student loan debt that can't even be escaped through bankruptcy - U.S. education is proving to be not only pathetically irrelevant, but a ridiculously expensive mistake - epic FAIL.

American Ingenuity - Our Saving Grace

It turns out the U.S. still has an edge in one area - despite our public education system's apparent determination to rid our brightest students of it - and that edge is American ingenuity. American ingenuity isn't just folklore; it's natural selection. For centuries America has attracted the most adventurous, innovative, pioneering people from every country on the planet. And these pioneering souls passed their pioneering genes on to us. Genes like the DRD4 7R, associated with a novelty-seeking, exploratory, pioneering mindset, have been shown to be over twice as prevalent in the U.S. as it is worldwide.

While the industrialization of America provided our high standard of living, we have paid the price for it with epidemic rates of addiction, depression, and anxiety disorders. This is because we as a population have forced ourselves to conform to a disposition that is literally antagonistic to our genetic temperament. We are natural born explorers, creative risk-takers, and pioneers who have been cooped up in industrial era classrooms for far too long. And this confinement (and subsequent sublimation of our creativity) has taken a toll on our mental health.

We Americans can only sustain our lifestyle if we focus on maintaining our edge as the seat of innovation and progress: not factory workers, not bureaucrats, and certainly not the kleptrocrats whom frustrated creative-risk-takers all-too-often become when they are taught to abandon the passions of their hearts and instead chase external validation. When these naturally creative risk-takers, deformed by our intolerant school system, are put in the role of bureaucrat, kleptocratic looting becomes their only "creative" outlet - and what they create is disaster and chaos - think Enron, Halliburton, Goldman Sachs, and BP to name an infamous few.

So What Do You Do Now?

If we want to recover from our industrial-sized hangover, we need to retool our idea of what education should be. (In fact our current educational system defies the very word education, because - as Russell Bishop once pointed out to me - educate comes from the Latin meaning "to draw out of," which is the Socratic style of teaching, not "to put into," which is the didactic style of teaching inflicted by our school system.) We need to offer the kind of real education promoted by the likes of Socrates, Plato, Emerson, Thoreau, Alcott, Einstein, Edison, and Henry Ford.

The kind enjoyed by Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, who both lucked into having rather unconventional educational experiences, which fostered inner direction, passion, creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, and freedom to take risks - lots of risks. This type of education is also the most effective for our most energetic and creative students. Right now these kids are being labeled ADHD and medicated to suppress their high energy, and fluid, creative temperaments; biochemically forcing bright creative children to conform to an antiquated idea of learning, which is tied to a sinking ship. These highly creative kids don't have a disorder - our system does.

America needs to wake up. We need to help kids learn to be dynamic entrepreneurs, innovative inventors, and accomplished artists. That is what the new global economy may still be willing to pay American grads big $100k+ incomes for. We need to get back to the roots of American prosperity when the leaders of industry didn't get paid fat salaries and juicy bonuses for manipulating the system and chop-shopping our infrastructure, but instead thought like true entrepreneurs who gain prosperity through courageous, resourceful, creative pioneering.

We need to create and participate in more pursuits emphasizing innovation and difficult problem solving (instead of mere rote learning) like the Imagine Cup, where students compete to innovate technology to help solve some of the world's toughest problems--including eliminating poverty, halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and malaria.

It's "one of the most important science competitions in the world" according to Bill Gates and yet most U.S. high school and college kids aren't even aware of it, because they're too busy trying to keep up artificial grades. (If you're interested, The Huffington Post is hosting a contest for student journalists to win a trip to this year's event in Poland.)

The ones who prosper in a new world of rapid innovation and constant upheaval are not the compliant, dependent, directionless students we're churning out of our cog-in-the-wheel education system. Those who prosper in a new world are those cut from the same cloth as our great American heroes: the kind who could shoot from the hip, the kind who could think on their toes, the kind who were comfortable with risk and uncharted territory, the kind who could invent unthinkable things like the airplane, the integrated circuit, and the Internet.

If you're graduating with the class of 2010, your best bet is not to wait and hope for industry to save the day, rescuing you from your jobless purgatory. Your best bet is to reconnect with your passion, your God-given brilliance, your American ingenuity, and go ahead and invent the industry that will save the day.

Take this 30 second test to see if you have the naturally creative pioneering temperament shared by 20% of Americans at AmericanImpulse.com

I leave you with a couple quotes:

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." ~ Albert Einstein

"Just as eating contrary to the inclination is injurious to the health, so study without desire sports the memory, and it retains nothing it takes in." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ Albert Einstein

"If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him." ~ John F. Kennedy

Garret LoPorto, founder of The Wayseers, is an inventor, entrepreneur, speaker and author of The DaVinci Method: Break Out & Express Your Fire.

20. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

3optic (19th March 2011), Ahkenaten (20th March 2011), aikisaw (24th March 2011), Charlie Pecos (19th March 2011), Dale (19th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (20th March 2011), FearNot (24th March 2011), fifi (20th March 2011), Franny (19th March 2011), hohoemi (21st March 2011), Isthatso (21st March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), king anthony (19th March 2011), magicmanx (20th March 2011), Professor (20th March 2011), QueenKat (30th March 2011), Richard S. (20th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), RunningDeer (21st June 2015), Shikasta (20th March 2011), Swanette (21st March 2011), sygh (20th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

strai8thinker:
    Quote What is this guy offering, other than a book and membership of a group? I haven't seen any concrete plan, such as liaison with some accredited health professional, or a training course, etc. He seems to be remarkably quiet about how he plans to help people.
    straight, i think you are making a very good point..thanks for the heads up...

luckily, young people are not that guilable these days..their talents may be mismanaged in schools, but they are far from naive..they do tend to ask questions.. i have a personal experience teaching 14-18s for while, before i went elsewhere...

my nephew, a young man, often says " i'd only ever be a member of a gym"...
    i am happy for it.. l

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lightblue For This Post:

morgs59 (21st March 2011)

23. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

I'd like to take a moment to say something concerning this subject.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

The above quote could move mountains. For the first time, publicly, I will state that I am no longer on the payroll of any college. I have been immersed in the college/university environment since my high school years, both as a student and an employee. When I speak of this topic, I speak from experience and first-hand observations.

This could fast become a heated post in which I describe the many reasons why institutionalized education is generally not what we believe it to be, but I will work to keep this concise. Looking at my own past, I have found that my formal education and merits have only lead to 10% or less of the financial opportunities and jobs I've held. Roughly 90% came instead from my own experiences, research, connections, and what scholars would refer to as "blind luck." My skills, not awards or degrees, have allowed me to work with the individuals I chose to.

The education system, as far as I'm concerned, prepares students to spend a blissfully lifetime serving those who escaped it, or simply never participated in the first place. As I watch public schooling reach closer to the years of her subjects' infancy, and expand her curriculum into the depths of mindless number-games, detaching her subjects from the world in which they live to a world of specialized operations, I cringe.

As many of you already know, public education was given a large boost just over one hundred years ago by the oil tycoons, booming with capital following the second industrial revolution, as many historians refer to it as. This was not out of the kindness of their hearts. These men had product to manufacture, and assembly lines to fill. Just as an army must train men to skillfully shoot a complexed piece of weaponry, a capitalist must do much the same with an average citizen.

Little has changed since then. Schooling strives to train the masses, starting at young ages, to fill the lines of the system in which they unknowingly participate. From a psychological perspective, the education system is doing an exceptional job at this, which again, makes me cringe. I yearn to see the light of a day in which all souls born to this planet are given the chance to learn freely, pursuing their vast interests, not at the mercy of the mighty dollar or an oppressor's sword.

Do remember, there is a great difference between education and learning. That difference can either make or break the world in which we live.

24. Link to Post #53
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Hi all !

I have been in contact with Garret for many years and have only good things to say about him.

To my knowledge he a person I can respect and do not keep any hard pushing buy now tactics to sell books.

He might have fancy web site, since when was that a crime ?

He also answers letters and have shown to be a good friend to have !

He can also be found on facebook - Im not there any more !

No I have not read his book, No I have not bought a book from him. ( I dont read books )

But I do honor his mission !

Time to wake up all star seeds.

Maria

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

aikisaw (24th March 2011), astrid (27th March 2011), Bill Ryan (19th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), FearNot (24th March 2011), InTheBackground (19th March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), Muzz (19th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), RunningDeer (21st June 2015), Shikasta (20th March 2011), TigerLilly (27th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

26. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ...most of the smartest, richest self-made billionaires were astute enough to ditch class and dropout of this irrelevant education system.

You've been trained to fail in the worst possible sense; because you're not even failing at what you naturally love to do - you're failing at what you've been trained to think you should do. And the new global economy doesn't give a rat about the promises you were made. "Get good grades, so you can go to a good college, so you can get a good job...

...trained you to follow instructions (instead of blaze your own trail), engage in rote learning (instead of deep, thoughtful exploration), work for grades (instead of your true passions), develop a docile, domesticated disposition, dependent on the "the system" for security and employment (instead of developing your own...

The U.S. school system was designed in Germany around the turn of the last century to fuel the industrial revolution. That's where we got much of it from - even the name "kindergarten" (literally "child garden" - a place to grow kids.)

...with epidemic rates of addiction, depression, and anxiety disorders. This is because we as a population have forced ourselves to conform to a disposition that is literally antagonistic to our genetic...

We need to create and participate in more pursuits emphasizing innovation and difficult problem solving... to help solve some of the world's toughest problems--including eliminating poverty, halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and malaria.

The ones who prosper in a new world of rapid innovation and constant upheaval are not the compliant, dependent, directionless students we're churning out of our cog-in-the-wheel education system.
    Very well presented (as always) - if I may add.

Those who are successful, based on the standard of measurement in this civilization, did not achieve this totally by their own hand; these people may have had both potential and ability; however, the 'few' (ruling class) aided for the benefit of the 'few'.

The education system is about teaching conformity and the regurgitation of what the 'few' want the many to know; again, to serve the purpose of the 'few' and not that of each. So much is lost as potential and ability is quashed in the 'cookie cutter' system of social conformity and productivity.

In order to have achieved the 'child garden', the 'few', using the state, needed to have control over young minds; thus, the movement to have both men and women slave their entire lives came to be - with the new parent being the state, being the education system, being the 'few'.

The young minds that don't conform (or cannot) are label 'deviants' and this label is imposed throughout one's life. Peer pressure followed by more 'negative' labels are imposed as part of the system of 'self-regulation' by the masses; the natural human trait of communal living being exploited.

Those who still could not and cannot be conditioned are then given labels of mental defectiveness; which is artificial. Those who truly end up suffering some sort of mental anguish cannot understand how or why it is, as the enemy is 'invisible'.

The idea of problem solving human-made conditions feeds the 'beast' ('the establishment') as it perpetuates how things are. Poverty, HIV/AIDS and cancers... are created by human beings; and human beings don't have to parish by these things; this not based on research alone.

Changes need to be made, such as the monetary system, before anything else can be accomplished; civilizations have succeeded without such 'tools' in history. Once civilization (re)builds a new foundation, the 'new' way of learning can be implemented - and this 'new' way of learning will naturally lead humanity to a new way of living.

Those with 'unlimited resources' (much wealth) do some things not for profit, fame or glory (examples, sail an ocean or climb a mountain); but do so for their own personal growth.

Imagine, all human beings having this opportunity and to share these achievements with everyone else; not for profit, fame or glory - imagine how different the world would be.

I say, to simply be motivated by thoughts, sounds or words is to 'feel good' for a moment; however, when the 'feel good' is no longer and the 'knowing and understanding' remains, then change will surely be.
    Last edited by king anthony; 19th March 2011 at 18:09.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), Shikasta (20th March 2011)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,524 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Dale (here)

The above quote could move mountains. For the first time, publicly, I will state that I am no longer on the payroll of any college. I have been immersed in the college/university environment since my high school years, both as a student and an employee. When I speak of this topic, I speak from experience and first-hand observations.

This could fast become a heated post in which I describe the many reasons why institutionalized education is generally not what we believe it to be, but I will work to keep this concise. Looking at my own past, I have found that my formal education and merits have only lead to 10% or less of the financial opportunities and jobs I've held. Roughly 90% came instead from my own experiences, research, connections, and what scholars would refer to as "blind luck." My skills, not awards or degrees, have allowed me to work with the individuals I chose to.

The education system, as far as I'm concerned, prepares students to spend a blissfully lifetime serving those who escaped it, or simply never participated in the first place. As I watch public schooling reach closer to the years of her subjects' infancy, and expand her curriculum into the depths of mindless number-games, detaching her subjects from the world in which they live to a world of specialized operations, I cringe.

As many of you already know, public education was given a large boost just over one hundred years ago by the oil tycoons, booming with capital following the second industrial revolution, as many historians refer to it as. This was not out of the kindness of their hearts. These men had product to manufacture, and assembly lines to fill. Just as an army must train men to skillfully shoot a complexed piece of weaponry, a capitalist must do much the same with an average citizen.

Little has changed since then. Schooling strives to train the masses, starting at young ages, to fill the lines of the system in which they unknowingly participate. From a psychological perspective, the education system is doing an exceptional job at this, which again, makes me cringe. I yearn to see the light of a day in which all souls born to this planet are given the chance to learn freely, pursuing their vast interests, not at the mercy of the mighty dollar or an oppressor's sword.

Do remember, there is a great difference between education and learning. That difference can either make or break the world in which we live.
    What a great post.

I used to be a teacher (my first 'proper job'), but quickly quit when I realized that I was part of a conditioning and socialization process that was all about obedience and conformity and nothing to do with radical, innovative thinking.

I'm no longer a schoolteacher. But I've been an educator all my life.

In Garret LoPorto I see someone who fully understands this, and is offering support to all the people whom school failed... (not who failed at school!). This may be his mission here this lifetime, and may he succeed in everything he does.

It's not about joining anything. It's about realizing you're perfect the way you are, that there's support and kinship out there, and that you're not alone.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th March 2011 at 18:26.

29. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ahkenaten (20th March 2011), aikisaw (24th March 2011), Amenjo (19th March 2011), Aurelius (19th March 2011), bodixa (19th March 2011), Brizil (20th March 2011), Charlie Pecos (19th March 2011), Chris Gilbert (10th April 2014), Dale (20th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), DoubleHelix (20th March 2011), eaglespirit (20th March 2011), fifi (20th March 2011), kaatje (19th March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), ROMANWKT (19th March 2011), RunningDeer (21st June 2015), Shikasta (20th March 2011), Sir Eltor (19th March 2011), Swanette (21st March 2011), tkh123186 (20th March 2011), veda (20th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

30. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It's not about joining anything. It's about realizing you're perfect the way you are, that there's support and kinship out there, and that you're not alone.
    Thanks Bill. When I got sent that video from a dear, dear friend, he sent it to me to uplift, nourish and support me in true kinship. He knew that I was experiencing adversity and he knew that I would see that video in the true spirit that it was intended.
    Bill what you just said brought me into the profound realisation that not only are we perfect as we are but that there is also perfection throughout the universe. When I look at mother nature and how perfect she is in all her glory, I see that this is a perfect example (pardon the pun ) of how this is reflected in us too.
    If we go beyond duality, if we transcend duality, what is left is that sense of "oneness" with all.
    Just writing that felt so liberating...and now... I am going to get out into the glorious day and share in some kinship

I can hear Kookaburras outside my window as the dawn breaks. They are laughing hysterically...
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 19th March 2011 at 19:15. Reason: fix quote'ing

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

aikisaw (24th March 2011), Caren (19th March 2011), Charlie Pecos (19th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (19th March 2011), honeybee (21st March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), QueenKat (30th March 2011), Swanette (21st March 2011), tkh123186 (20th March 2011), Yoda (19th March 2011)

32. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

dale:
    Quote Do remember, there is a great difference between education and learning. That difference can either make or break the world in which we live.
    but hasn't it always been the same with almost every education system? i rememebr getting traumatised when/if i wasn't able tp concentrate well enough on my homework..kids these days see far better through the system ..they don't need it as much...

the otrher day i had a convesration, yes a CONVERSATION with a THREE year old in a supermarked while his parents were queuing up at a cash point..,,little daniel was telling me about saturn satelites and other things about our solar system.. he also informed me he was from jupiter -.his little face lit up when i said i thought i was from jupiter too...cross my heart, this happened.. i asked the parents how long has this been going on for (this interest in planets) and the mother said since he was 18 months old...he can't read yet, but he nags his parents to do it for him....they said it was always about planets and the sun..

the most important things you learn at home, at your own initiative - far from schools. universities etc that may offer training, but not knowledge.....

Last edited by lightblue; 19th March 2011 at 20:26.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightblue For This Post:

Shikasta (20th March 2011)

34. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member Telepathic Intuitive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dale (here)

I would like to thank you verbally for posting this as it says so much.

I would also like to post a link to a book called 'The Underground History of American Education', by John Taylor Gatto.
    I find it compliments Dale's post very well.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/index.htm

Thanks again Dale.
    "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses!" ~Unknown

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Telepathic Intuitive For This Post:

Dale (20th March 2011), karelia (19th March 2011), Kimberley (20th March 2011)

36. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Still keeping with the topic of the education system; Here is a link to another thread Norman Dodd (1899 - 1987) On Tax Exempt Foundations

What if I told you, on or about 1907 non-profit foundations owned by the Rockefellers, Morgans and so forth, bought the education system? What if I told you on or about 1927 the news media was bought by the same organizations (another topic of discussion). This would mean information and facts you think you know have been controlled, and everything being told to people is what "they" want people to know or believe.

The above said man was a banker, financial advisor and served as chief investigator for the U.S. Congressman B.C. Reece's special committee on Tax Exempt Foundations (referred to as the Reece Committee). During his investigation with the aid of Kathryn Casey, they uncovered so much more then what their objective was; below is part of the transcript of the below...

'... that portion of education which could be considered domestic should be handled by the Rockefeller Foundation...'

{more in the thread}

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Dennis Jonathan (20th March 2011), modwiz (19th March 2011)

38. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Charlie Pecos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,842 times in 492 posts

Quote Posted by Constance Neal (here)
    Incredibly powerful Constance, thank you for posting.

Confirmation of who we are and what we have been through is no accident but indeed by intelligent design.

Absolutely priceless.
    There is no good and there is no bad, all are experience and experience is everything.
    In truth, there is only ONE of us.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie Pecos For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast