+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Tell Your Reincarnation Story Here

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

Default Tell Your Reincarnation Story Here

On another thread there is talk about reincarnation..

I thought it might be interesting for people who have memory to tell their story...
    include how you came to your memory
    and why you think it is true.

I have a story but will tell it tomorrow, as suddenly I am having a hard time holding my eyelids up, but I thought others could get started..

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Alecs (21st May 2023), giovonni (30th March 2011), ketikoti (22nd March 2011), Meeresgalen (11th July 2023), Pilgrim (25th March 2011), Virilis (28th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member shadowbox's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Tell Your Reincarnation Story Here

I do not have a reincarnation story or a memory of a past life, but I would absolutely love to find out more about my previous existences ...

For those of us who would like to research this, how would one go about finding out about reincarnations and past lives? Is there a specific type of "psychic" of sorts?

Anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's stories...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,759 times in 32,947 posts

-------

OK - you did ask!

1850: My first incarnation in the West

I've told a couple of inspirational stories in the last few weeks. In contrast, this story is one of failure and tragedy. But there will be some aspects of what follows that will ring powerful bells with some readers. - and may be helpful.

I had been in Tibet for hundreds of years. I was a Rinpoche. About 1200 years ago, I was in Shang-Shung - which later became mythologized as Shambhala. I remember it well - but that's a story for another time.

In deep meditation, I'd become aware of an unknown land many thousands of miles away on the other side of the world. I could see the suffering of the people, how their spirituality was barren, and how everything was out of balance. They needed help, and I resolved to incarnate there in my next lifetime.

It was a conscious decision. I had become obsessed with the problems of this distant land many months before I left my body.

I arrived in the west as a small boy in a strict Victorian Family in England, a little north of London. I can see the house clearly, but I've never tried to locate it.

My father was typically Victorian - in fact, an extreme example. He was strict, unemotional, rigid, with a steel discipline. My mother was a lovely person, but was very suppressed - as children also often were.

In that family, I was suppressed totally. I was pretty much locked in my room for the first two years of my life. I had books and toys - but no companionship, love or human contact apart from at mealtimes and when I was dressed in the morning or was put to bed.

It was my father's insane idea of how to bring up a child. It could not have been more different from beloved Tibet where I'd been for over a thousand years.

I entertained myself in my locked room, but was desperately unhappy every long day. At the age of two, a critical event happened: I expressed myself. I let out a long, loud howl of ultimate anguish, pain, despair, bewilderment and loneliness. The response was that my father hit me so hard that I was thrown 10 feet across the room.

In the moment of that incident I made three decisions. These are the kinds of decisions that shape lifetimes and more.

I resolved that:
    • I must never express myself emotionally. It's dangerous to do so.
    • Fathers were bad people, and I must never be one.
    • Families were places where bad things happen, and I must never have one.
    Those decisions served me for the next 132 years, until I dealt with them in processing this lifetime.

Eventually - I was let out of the room to begin interacting with the outside world. I'd read every book I could find, and I'd taught myself several languages. I was a messed-up prodigy.

At age 12, I wrote a little book (about 27 pages) entitled A Treatise on the Nature of the Suffering of Man. Not bad for a kid. I've tried to find it, but I cannot. I think it was printed - I can't be sure. It may have been a very limited hand-printing.

I went to Cambridge at the age of 17, and continued to excel academically. I became a Fellow (a lecturer) and the university became my new monastery, which I longed for. There I could have peace and solitude and quiet and interact with people minimally only as I chose.

I had a beautiful oak-paneled study, with a deep leather armchair. I can see it clearly. I think the college may have been St.John's.

I became a recluse, with my books and poetry to protect me. I was incapable of developing or maintaining any human relationships. I was regarded as strange, and had few friends. It's possible I never knew a woman. I did the minimum to maintain my privileged place, and slipped into what would now be called deep clinical depression.

One day, I sat in my leather armchair, closed my eyes (as I often did to escape the world - an instinctive replay of my Tibetan meditation), and never re-opened them again. Four days later, worried colleagues broke down the door to my study and carried my catatonic body off to what I guess was an asylum. My body was still alive, but I think I was long gone by then.

One reason I'm telling this story is to emphasize that one's first incarnation in the West - whether it's from Tibet, a shamanic indigenous culture, or another planet - it's a tough choice. The first lifetime often does not go well - no matter how prepared one is. It basically just sucks where we are here.

Another reason is that one has to plan in the long term. Our Higher Selves do that, of course, and missions and projects are often conceived across lifetimes as resources and preparatory learning is gathered.

That lifetime started in 1850, but it's only now (four lifetimes later, born in this body in 1953) that I'm doing the job I set myself. My second lifetime in the West was another tragic story, but it was also an inspirational one in which I was a minor public figure and did something rather exceptional in the world of mountaineering.

I can tell that story later: it's a good one. My third lifetime I can remember almost nothing - which indicates that it's highly charged and still deeply buried. And then finally, here I am now.

I'm sure that Victorian lifetime contained many long, lonely months and years. But looking back, it's a click of the fingers: ephemera in the debris of time. Like a day you remember from last week or last month, you can let it go.

In this game we play, remember that nothing really matters - and as I said at the very beginning of my interview with Freedom Central, it's a paradox, because we spend so much time pretending and assuming and behaving otherwise.

Both are simultaneously true, of course, hence the paradox. But remembering where we came from (and of course there were millions of lifetimes before Tibet) is part of re-assembling the big picture for ourselves in which we realize what game-playing beings we are.

As in my mountaineering story told last month (another game!) - it's only when things go wrong that it feels serious.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th January 2019 at 18:14.

5. The Following 76 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

3optic (22nd March 2011), Abhaya (25th March 2011), Agape (20th January 2019), alemao (23rd March 2011), Amenjo (22nd March 2011), An Cailleach (23rd March 2011), andrewgreen (22nd March 2011), angellight (23rd March 2011), Arrowwind (22nd March 2011), Bob_2011 (22nd March 2011), Calz (22nd March 2011), Champion the Wonderhorse (25th March 2011), Chelle (22nd March 2011), Chuck (24th March 2011), Cognitive Dissident (24th March 2011), conk (23rd March 2011), cowens66 (22nd March 2011), CyRus (22nd March 2011), dan i el (22nd March 2011), dan33 (24th March 2011), DoubleHelix (22nd March 2011), fifi (22nd March 2011), Flash (24th March 2011), Fructedor (26th March 2011), Gaia (22nd March 2011), golden lady (22nd March 2011), Hawkwind (24th March 2011), Hervé (22nd March 2011), Highwhistler (24th March 2011), honeybee (22nd March 2011), Hybrid5226 (22nd March 2011), Jambo (19th May 2023), Jean-Luc (22nd March 2011), John Parslow (24th March 2011), jorr lundstrom (22nd March 2011), kaatje (23rd March 2011), kanishk (8th January 2012), karelia (22nd March 2011), ketikoti (22nd March 2011), Kryztian (2nd April 2024), kudzy (24th March 2011), Lifesong (24th March 2011), magicmanx (22nd March 2011), MargueriteBee (22nd March 2011), Meeresgalen (11th July 2023), Muzz (22nd March 2011), naochan (24th March 2011), Nortreb (22nd March 2011), OmeyocaN777 (21st January 2019), Pilgrim (25th March 2011), Professor (22nd March 2011), raparee (22nd March 2011), Realeyes (24th March 2011), Redtailhawk (24th March 2011), Reinhard (22nd March 2011), Sadieblue (20th January 2019), Sebastion (22nd March 2011), Selene (25th March 2011), SHAPE (22nd March 2011), Shikasta (24th March 2011), Spirithorse (22nd March 2011), Stephanie (21st May 2023), Tao O (23rd March 2011), Telepathic Intuitive (22nd March 2011), thunder24 (22nd March 2011), TigerLilly (22nd March 2011), transitionalman (23rd March 2011), ulli (24th March 2011), Vajdané (23rd March 2011), Virilis (28th March 2011), Woody (22nd March 2011), Yoda (22nd March 2011), ZAINA (22nd March 2011), zerohero (4th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Inelia

In the early 90s, I was walking my toddler (boy) down the street on his stroller, when we see an old man coming toward us. The old man was using a walking stick/cane. My little boy sat up on the stroller and pointed to the old man, then said, "Mommy, I had a stick like that one before I died." ... I stopped, too stunned to say anything. As the old man walked past us, my little toddler gave me full details of the walking stick, colour, shape of the handle etc. that he had before he died. He said it matter of fact, no charge, no question about it.

7. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

3optic (22nd March 2011), alemao (23rd March 2011), Arrowwind (22nd March 2011), benevolentcrow (22nd March 2011), Calz (22nd March 2011), Chelle (22nd March 2011), conk (23rd March 2011), dan i el (22nd March 2011), fifi (22nd March 2011), Flash (24th March 2011), Fructedor (26th March 2011), Gaia (22nd March 2011), Gardener (24th March 2011), giovonni (30th March 2011), Hervé (22nd March 2011), Jean-Luc (22nd March 2011), John Parslow (24th March 2011), kaatje (23rd March 2011), ketikoti (22nd March 2011), Lifesong (24th March 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd March 2011), magicmanx (22nd March 2011), Nortreb (22nd March 2011), Nyce555 (30th March 2011), raparee (22nd March 2011), Reinhard (22nd March 2011), Rosco1 (17th April 2011), Selene (25th March 2011), SHAPE (22nd March 2011), Shikasta (24th March 2011), Spica (22nd March 2011), Tao O (23rd March 2011), thunder24 (22nd March 2011), transitionalman (23rd March 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Be back later to finish this...

I have two instances to recount.

Post marker only.

I have to go and tutor a student.

Ok.

Firstly, I was in a relationship for three years with a lady who channelled two entities. She was in a permanent communication with these entities. This allowed me to ask questions directly and get a response. Often they would, themselves have something to say and my partner would just spontaneously begin recounting what they were saying. The entities identified themselves as higher density beings from 6th density. They never answered direct questions regarding the future as this was seen as a breach of an individual's karmic path. Prohibited.

They would freely discuss past lives and contemporary events, such as UFO sightings, ETs, soul group relationships and soul vs ego goals and motivations. Sometimes they refused to answer a question and gave no reason. I quizzed them often for long periods of time over the three years.

I learnt many things about how soul groups work, how souls and ego consciousness interact, (mostly they don't at all, in most cases), and I learnt about several of my past lives.

(God, its 92% humidity at present, uncomfortable)

The first past life mentioned was that of a woman. Nobody famous, I did ask her name, but I've forgotten it. She was a nordic woman, a viking. Oddly enough she lived in North America, with an Indian tribe. She had been married to an indian hunter and had two children to him.

Unfortunately he was killed in either a war of while hunting. This put the woman in a bad situation. Though she had been married to one of the tribe, the rest of the tribe ostracised her as
    she was seen by the tribe as an outsider. This left here in a fragile position. She remained in her husband's lodge, but was unable to feed her children enough food to provide an adequate diet.
    During a bad winter the children died. She was beside herself and was in a very poor condition herself close to death. Her dead husband's brother took pity on her and he took her into his lodge where she remained living with his family until her death.

I think there was a lesson in there somewhere.

The second account is interesting, as my partner was given a vision of what I looked like during that life. She saw my face clearly. During that life I was a giant of a man. I was a chieftain of what at first I thought to be a viking raiding tribe, but the clothing was not typically viking. The warriors wore kilts or skirts with tartan patterns. Though we used long ships for raiding. I thought after doing some research that we may have been Gaels or some similar group.

Our life was a constant battle. We raided towns and looted, killed and burnt them to the ground. That was our life. I was a apparently a good leader and a powerful warrior, feared by my enemies. On an occasion after a raiding expedition against the enemy's towns, we returned to our home. We found that while we were gone, our enemy had mounted an attack on our town and slaughtered everyone and burnt the town to the ground. My entire family had been murdered.

I could not accept what had happened and had gone mad with grief and rage. I organised another attack on my enemies. This would be a final battle for me. We came to battle and I had decided that I would die as I could not live with the grief of what happened to my family. It would be a form of suicide. I entered the battle at the fiercest point and was quickly surrounded by my enemies. I was prepared to die and fought to the death, taking many of them with me until I was killed.

There is a lesson in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Icecold; 22nd March 2011 at 11:15.

9. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Several years ago I attended a group past life regression. To make a long story short when I was asked to find a mirror and look in it I saw a turquoise colored male reptilian face encrusted with jewels looking back at me. Time frame was ancient times,and purpose was conquest. That left me shaking in my shoes!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Calz (22nd March 2011), Chelle (22nd March 2011), Gardener (24th March 2011), giovonni (30th March 2011), Hervé (22nd March 2011), Hybrid5226 (22nd March 2011), meeradas (24th March 2011), Pilgrim (25th March 2011), Reinhard (22nd March 2011), thunder24 (22nd March 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

WOW! I am really impressed, Bill. How can one consciously remember one's past lives? Apart from 'enlightened beings' who can remember their past lives, I thought the only way for normal human beings like us is to go through hynoptic past life regression.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fifi For This Post:

Chelle (22nd March 2011), Vajdané (23rd March 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Switzerland On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing, Bill.

I have had experienced moments in which previous lives has come through as a day dream with a deja vu feeling. The only way that can describe it as if reliving a strong memories from a past dream. This has become more pronounced in the last 6 months.

Peace
    “To be or become a master is to be or become something other than the Flow; something other than the Present Unfolding. It’s actually to move in the wrong direction.”

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nortreb For This Post:

Chelle (22nd March 2011), Gaia (22nd March 2011), Lifesong (24th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (22nd March 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

I think in my previous life, I was a gannet because I love the air, sea and Earth, and above all I love taking risks such as seabirds that plunge from the cliffs. But I found no discomfort, only happiness, love the adrenaline in my present life !

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Calz (23rd March 2011), Chelle (22nd March 2011), Hervé (22nd March 2011), Icecold (22nd March 2011), jorr lundstrom (22nd March 2011), Nortreb (22nd March 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I have confirmed, this from several of mediums, one being an Indian, the other a friend of mine, and the other a lady i visited at her psychic store.When i was a younger, I have had lucid dreams of this, but I was never that cognizant to confirm if it was a "past life memory" or not...

I was a noble or part of royalty in Great Britain, some time, in the late 1800's. I was married at around 14 years old.. to a wealthy upper class 40 year old man... This part IS from my memory. I remember he use to be obsessed with knives and his old collection of old worldly weapons... he use to sit in his chair and clean them and look at them for quite some time! W-e it was his hobby XP. He was particularly funny at teasing me with them (In a bad way). He was dark and eccentric. I had two dogs sometimes i can remember their names...no children. My cottage, was located by a beautiful meadow,and It was very "picturesque". I could see the seasons change and it was very lovely. Later on my husband died mysteriously... perhaps someone killed him (i dont know) and i took soul ownership of his property :] and all his memorabilia...XP.

The guy who use to torment me with knives and such... his name now is Jorge. He is my best friend. I can remember our past lives CLEARLY when we both meditate together. This is all i can confirm from this past life, apparently i had another, but that one i cant remember.

The End =)
    Last edited by The HoppyBunny; 22nd March 2011 at 09:45.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The HoppyBunny For This Post:

Calz (22nd March 2011), Chelle (22nd March 2011), Hybrid5226 (22nd March 2011), Nortreb (22nd March 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    I think in my previous life, I was a gannet because I love the air, sea and Earth, and above all I love taking risks such as seabirds that plunge from the cliffs. But I found no discomfort, only happiness, love the adrenaline in my present life !
    Thank you for your story, lovely birds. Love and carrots

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Chelle (22nd March 2011), Gaia (22nd March 2011), Icecold (23rd March 2011), Nortreb (22nd March 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

I like to think that in a previous life I was a gannet, it's more gratifying and positive.

It is true that to see these Gannets is a spectacle in itself. There are so many that we can not imagine that they return year after year even find their mate ! My faith, one might even say they have exemplary behavior for us humans. They protect their young, against all odds, they feed them, push them toward life and are faithful ! Yet they are separated throughout the year, then the spirit of survival takes over. Merci Jorr

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Icecold (23rd March 2011), jorr lundstrom (22nd March 2011), Lifesong (24th March 2011), Revere (23rd March 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

I had a dream I was running from someone, turned and looked in a mirror. I was amazed I had turned into a 16 yr. old south american or middle eastern. I did a "home alone" with my hands and was so happy I had a new body. My thoughts at the time of wakeing were ...past life, future life, I was actually a walk in? Either way I was happy to have had the experience
    peace
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

giovonni (30th March 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Reincarnation for me has answered the big question, why are we here, i like to think of life as playing a role, we are all on stage (earth) there is evidence that time is just a three dimensional allusion and we are alive in thousands of bodies all at the same time as our consciousness is of a quantum state that can be in multiple places at the same time.

Most of my dreams now are so real and unrelated to my current life that i feel im viewing what is going on in some of these other lives.

Another reason for seeing time as allusionary is some dreams can contact the future, as there is only now.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob_2011 For This Post:

giovonni (30th March 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I decided to post this after reading Inelia's post, In the very early nineties my mother and I were on our way to visit my grandfather, on the way we past a high rise block of flats and I told my mum "I used to live there, it used to be a prison" I must have been two or three years old at most, I don't remember saying this to my mum but I do remember arriving at my grandfathers home. There he confirmed to my mum that the area in question had in-fact been a WWII pow camp. As I grew up I conducted a small amount of research on the camp and confirmed its existence but more importantly I vividly remember living in this prison, I too had a walking stick, mine had the head of a duck carved into it at the handle and I remember how I received it. I recall most of that life,including being released and dying alone not far from where I live today.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spica For This Post:

Chuck (24th March 2011), fifi (23rd March 2011), Gardener (24th March 2011), giovonni (30th March 2011), Hervé (22nd March 2011), Hybrid5226 (22nd March 2011), thunder24 (19th April 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

I was somewhere around the wall of china area, in the life just before this one, upon death I left to the southwest. Two life ago I died from a stab wound in a battle even though I was wearing heavy armour. It seems that I have a strong connection with Tibet.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

giovonni (30th March 2011), Hybrid5226 (22nd March 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Many thanks for your stories. This is fascinating reading.
    Does anyone have advice on what is the best way to discover your past lives. Its something Im interested in discovering but I must admit i am at a loss at where to start.

32. Link to Post #18
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Many thanks for your stories. This is fascinating reading.
    Does anyone have advice on what is the best way to discover your past lives. Its something Im interested in discovering but I must admit i am at a loss at where to start.
    One normally remember this as a kid. Try to see a Tibetan Abbot or a good psychic.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Muzz (22nd March 2011)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

My daughter who was 2 at the time, use to sit and talk to her grandpa. She new his name, what he did for a living, where he lived, this was not her current grandfather. There was no way she could have known this information unless she came into this world with it. It use to stop me in my tracks when she was conversing with him. Such intimate detail, it was astonishing. What color his shirt was etc. She was precocious and bright at 2 but only having lived another life time could she have such detail. Her favorite saying when things did not go well would be in such matter of fact manner was, "life is life" such insight for such a young person.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

Chuck (24th March 2011), Gaia (22nd March 2011), giovonni (30th March 2011), Icecold (23rd March 2011), karelia (22nd March 2011), Lifesong (24th March 2011), thunder24 (23rd March 2011)

36. Link to Post #20
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    Not a gannet but, my... what a dive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jonathan.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	6307
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Gaia (22nd March 2011), Siberia9 (27th March 2011), thunder24 (23rd March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast