+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Unplugging the Patriarchy - a new interview with Lucia Rene

1. Link to Post #161
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Unplugging the Patriarchy - a new interview with Lucia Rene

What an amazing and beautiful woman. I felt very moved by her.

Thank you for interviewing her, Bill.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinako For This Post:

Tahi (17th April 2011), Yoda (17th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

The following interview portion of Barbara Marx Hubbard by Regina Meredith of CMN, is yet another viewpoint of what Lucia Rene is saying. IMO, the secret lies within achieving balance.

There’s nothing greater than the evolving woman with the evolving men together forming evolving work!
    -Barbara Marx Hubbard

Barbara Marx Hubbard on Women Waking to Purpose (Transcript)
    December 27, 2010

Barbara Marx Hubbard: So, I asked the women, “How many of you feel that something is emerging in you?” And most of them were over 50 in this audience. “That something is emerging in you that’s creative, that hasn’t yet fully expressed itself?

Regina Meredith: Yes. Let’s talk men into this part of it now. That’s the feminine part of it. What’s happening with the men, and how are they folding themselves into this really completely new paradigm from the way they’ve been experiencing their own life, and essentially creating their own lives?

Barbara Marx Hubbard: In my experience the best men I know are yearning for this to happen.

Barbara Marx Hubbard: The best men in the world know that more of the same, particularly more of the same at the structural power center, will fail.

Barbara Marx Hubbard: Even if they are in the power structure. But the ones that have left being at the top of something, who are seeking, actually are much more confused than the women.

Barbara Marx Hubbard: The men obviously have within them their own essential spiritual creativity. But the structures of the Patriarchy and the “success” models that men are trained to make it harder for them. And what really works for the men I have found—and it’s very tricky in here—is if the woman whose vocation they aroused and loving—because it’s a loving urge; it’s not a dominating urge—loves and needs the creativity of the male, she liberates him.

Barbara Marx Hubbard: We yearn for the men to access their own essential self and be able to use the strength of the masculine, which is different than the strength of the feminine. There’s no doubt; men are builders; men have a capacity for form that many of us (women) don’t have. And, I have loved it in my life when I’ve had the male partners and partnering, not necessarily romantic partners. There’s nothing greater than the evolving woman with the evolving men together forming evolving work!

http://www.cmn.tv/transcripts/transc...-marx-hubbard/

Foundation for Conscious Evolution

http://www.barbaramarxhubbard.com/con/
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowbird For This Post:

Sierra (5th April 2011)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks

as in the Emoto movement toward Japan, both men and women need to apologize to the real Mother, Gaia/lets get back to the true issues

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardunk For This Post:

astrid (17th April 2011), K626 (4th April 2011), Lord Sidious (4th April 2011), meeradas (5th April 2011), Sierra (5th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member granny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Why would you apologise for something that other people did Bill?
    That is part of the guilt complex they put into us, reject it.
    We will accumulate enough guilt for the things we do ourselves without taking onboard more.
    As a man, I was apologizing for the things that men have done to women over the last several thousand years.

Saying "I don't have to apologize, it was nothing to do with me" is exactly the kind of thing that men do.

You may not have had time yet to watch the entire interview. At one point I talk about Truth and Reconciliation, citing the Commission established in South Africa in 1995 after the end of Apartheid.

The objective was not to establish guilt or to apportion blame: it was to tell the truth so that a chapter could be ended.

That was the sense in which I apologized: a recognition that these things have been happening.
    I think one thing we are learning here is compassion ... for each and every soul.
    Bill, thank you so much for this interview ... I have been surfing the wave for quite a while now and I expect the waves to rise in the next few years.
    Live in gratitude, be joy ... just a couple of things I must remind myself to do.
    Think Or Be Eaten

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to granny For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (21st April 2011), Lord Sidious (5th April 2011), Sierra (5th April 2011), Yoda (17th April 2011)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    Well I'll try and be as quick as I can here. We as men (remember there's only one of us here as DW says) have done some pretty awful things to others including fellow men, women , indiginous races etc... over the eons.

I have been told by someone I greatly respect I have killed and been killed in previous lives. I am pleased to say this time around I have neither harmed women , children or animals. I have however given a couple of thrashings to some bullies, thugs call them what you will. No I'm not proud of it but seek and you shall find and that is precisely what they did.

Yes us skinny white guys are the ones to watch out for- As said in Batman ! ' it's the willigness to take action'.
    Women's time has come and I'm all for it. Not because they are women but because they can do the task at hand as good as anyone else.
    That is only 'some' women. just because you are a woman does not make you in the same league as another that has proven herself. Same goes with anyone, men included.
    I do not think women's time has come ... I think Our time has come.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Look at those countries where women aren't considered equal with men....just LOOK at them!
    Yes ... I was thinking of that during the interview. Some have a longer journey than others, but we can wait for them. They will see and their hearts will open because it is time. Until that time I apologize to the oppressed women of the world for the slow progress of their counterparts.
    Last edited by granny; 5th April 2011 at 12:57.
    Think Or Be Eaten

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to granny For This Post:

Sierra (5th April 2011), Tahi (17th April 2011), Yoda (17th April 2011)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

There can be many reasons for forgiveness because it is subjective and the act of forgiving can only be explained by the forgiver. While some might interpret forgiveness as weakness or acceptance of guilt; that is a cultural or personal interpretation. My interpretation of forgiveness is graciousness and compassion. There are other interpretations and I saw this interesting Yoruba quotation a few days ago: "Victory is achieved by he who forgives". I am not saying Bill was forgiving to achieve victory. I am saying his apology is based only on what he says he based it on and cannot be interpreted by anyone but him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

NancyV (5th April 2011)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

There is also another factor to be considered in regard to women's equality. For instance, I grew up in a family where the women did all of the talking and decision making. It wasn't just our family; it was all of our relatives as well. At family gatherings the women would talk and the men would listen (except I had one uncle who talked). It was amazing to me to discover as I grew up that this was not always the case. However, I put it down to the fact that our family, here in North America, on my mother's side, were Scandinavian and I understand that historically the Viking women were given greater respect because they were in charge of the property while the men went out to sea.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

NancyV (10th April 2011), Sierra (5th April 2011), Yoda (17th April 2011)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

I enjoyed Unplugging the Patriarchy because I was interested in the discussion of the Chakras. However, I think that having a female power group would be as imbalanced as having a male power group. My father's side of the family is Irish. In Ireland they say "we" and when they say "we" they mean it. In the country, at least, they do not yet have the same sense of division of the sexes as we do. They are still "we". We have divided the sexes and consequently have expressions like "Oh, men!" or "Oh, women" which would go entirely over their heads in the Irish countryside. I don't know whether it would be understood in the cities or not because I try not to hang around cities very much. I think the goal of civilizations and individuals would be to achieve a certain degree of androgyny to prevent the type of imbalance that threatens our survival. I think we are neurotic because we are not complete and are forced by our cultures to deny entire aspects of our personalities, in part, because of the division of the sexes. I do agree, however, that some women who have achieved status in our culture do it by copying men rather than doing the female thing. I find that while women in our society might believe themselves to be "liberated" they are not at all.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Fructedor (5th April 2011)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

------

This video embedded below (also posted by Astrid at post #160 on the previous page) comes from the beautiful Ninja Nun. (See her thread here...)
    Hi Bill,
    In don't know if you've seen this one yet. It follows along with Unplugging the Patriarchy and is a new start, a beginning of another way for our planet. Looks like there really are a few good men, after all, and we know a few of them ourselves... Sr._

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_uRIMUBnvw

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 5th April 2011 at 05:40.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

astrid (17th April 2011), Aurelius (5th April 2011), karelia (5th April 2011), MargueriteBee (4th June 2011), Nortreb (5th April 2011), quench (5th April 2011), SEAM (5th April 2011), Sierra (7th April 2011), Snowbird (24th April 2011), Yoda (5th April 2011)

19. Link to Post #170
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Unplugging the Patriarchy arrived this evening and I'm already quoting a paragraph on page 8 in a PM. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

I don't know why but I am imagining myself as Jim Carey as Stanley Ipkiss in "The Mask" saying, "It feels mmmmmmmeaty!!!"

Silly Sierra

20. Link to Post #171
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

------

This video embedded below (also posted by Astrid at post #160 on the previous page) comes from the beautiful Ninja Nun. (See her thread here...)[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Hi Bill,
    In don't know if you've seen this one yet. It follows along with Unplugging the Patriarchy and is a new start, a beginning of another way for our planet. Looks like there really are a few good men, after all, and we know a few of them ourselves... Sr._
    They had my guts for garters by the end ...

21. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    Unplugging the Patriarchy arrived this evening and I'm already quoting a paragraph on page 8 in a PM. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

I don't know why but I am imagining myself as Jim Carey as Stanley Ipkiss in "The Mask" saying, "It feels mmmmmmmeaty!!!"

Silly Sierra
    Silly Sierra ...
    Just wondering how my black cat, Fiesty, made it all the way to the west coast?
    Tell him I said to come home now!
    Granny, who is missing Fiesty. Lovies to the kitty.
    Think Or Be Eaten

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to granny For This Post:

Lord Sidious (9th April 2011), Sierra (5th April 2011), Tahi (17th April 2011)

23. Link to Post #173
    Finland Avalon Member Shades of Dream's Avatar
    Thanks

Beautiful, my sincere thanks for this resonating interview.
    "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - Buddha"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shades of Dream For This Post:

25. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

------

Looks like there really are a few good men, after all, and we know a few of them ourselves...

Uh oh Bill. In countless of many first world men's experiences...even good men have been trained to hate themselves (or they think that by hating themselves they hope to get approval that way). This alone already greatly distorts perception and in fact, creating more hate than is necessary.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I have to push the energy the other way around. Not in a missile, war-killing type of way of course.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Arthen For This Post:

Lord Sidious (10th April 2011), Sierra (10th April 2011)

27. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

I don't think that the majority of men want to kill anything. Most of the men I know want to lead fairly quiet lives and do creative things. The problem is that in some cases they are forced to kill; in other cases they are told to kill. Both things are put upon them at a young age. People at a young age often don't have the wherewithal to say "no". There are a few men who are very weak and probably bullied by either their dad or other kids. Anyone who feels inferior is easy prey to become cannon fodder or someone who causes harm. If we as a society looked out for each other; got more involved in our communities; we could prevent some bad things from happening. Once a few years ago, I was sitting in a pub in Ireland. At the bar was a friend of mine - a popular guy in the community. Sitting by himself at the other side of the room was a creepy stupid guy -- someone no one liked. My friend called him over and bought him a drink and talked to him for quite a while. After, I asked my friend why he did that. He said some people are potential problems and you have to "bring them in" to the community. If we all did that we would be living in a much better world I believe. Read "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley.
    Last edited by 161803398; 10th April 2011 at 06:44.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Lord Sidious (10th April 2011), NancyV (10th April 2011), Sierra (10th April 2011)

29. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

enjoyed the material from this video very much. enjoyed just listening to her voice best of all. i found the back and forth (with you two) seemed almost like a song. wish we all could speak and listen so well.

i couldn't help but wonder though, when she spoke of the matriarchy being in control 6,000 year ago how women objectified (or whatever the word is that the patriarchy does to create havoc) the men who weren't in control. if i believe in the ancient astronaut theory (which i do) then i can believe that technology was available to do manual labor, etc. if i try to imagine women sticking it to the man i think of...maybe not allowing men to war? or what exactly?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkfrost For This Post:

Tahi (17th April 2011)

31. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z75J-0FIJYk

Here is what happened to the Minoans.

32. Link to Post #178
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)

Here is what happened to the Minoans.
    Lets see if those Minoans are visible now.

33. Link to Post #179
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)
    I don't think that the majority of men want to kill anything. Most of the men I know want to lead fairly quiet lives and do creative things. The problem is that in some cases they are forced to kill; in other cases they are told to kill. Both things are put upon them at a young age. People at a young age often don't have the wherewithal to say "no". There are a few men who are very weak and probably bullied by either their dad or other kids. Anyone who feels inferior is easy prey to become cannon fodder or someone who causes harm. If we as a society looked out for each other; got more involved in our communities; we could prevent some bad things from happening. Once a few years ago, I was sitting in a pub in Ireland. At the bar was a friend of mine - a popular guy in the community. Sitting by himself at the other side of the room was a creepy stupid guy -- someone no one liked. My friend called him over and bought him a drink and talked to him for quite a while. After, I asked my friend why he did that. He said some people are potential problems and you have to "bring them in" to the community. If we all did that we would be living in a much better world I believe. Read "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley.
    I agree, thats how I was bought up!

I suppose you could call it a classic Hunter / Warrior upbringing. Men were to put Food on the Table, and beat the crap out of anyone you percieved dare harm your family.

Hunting wild animals in the Bush, fishing and other outdoor activities. Was it wrong? I dont feel as though it was (please dont try convince me otherwise. as its not me now). I was always taught to take only what you need, and if you did kill make it quick and painless (preferred, but not always easy to do).

As a child/teenager it gave me an understanding of life and death that books arent able to convey. As an update I dont hunt or go round killing animals for food, like fishing still though. Over the years reading and research I came across a statement (would have to find the source) this person was involved with Shamanic practices.

Thier statement was that animals that incarnated as human food sources were aware they were doing so. (I only have heard this once, it feels right to me. But know I might b taken to task for the last bit).

In summary I'm not a Hunter anymore (the teaching is still there, may need be used again) but it has left me with a deep respect for Nature and Life. And I do cherish both.

Peace

I'm still a Hunter just not for food, now hunt for the truth.
    Last edited by Tahi; 17th April 2011 at 14:14. Reason: Clarify statement

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahi For This Post:

Sierra (22nd April 2011)

35. Link to Post #180
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Forgive and Forget? That has grace, purity and liberation written all over it.

We are here in a dualistic world...the feminine and the masculine being dualistic ....And we can transcend duality by experiencing ourselves as the embodiment of all the divine essences and then express that as an outpouring of our hearts.
    Last edited by Constance; 22nd April 2011 at 23:43.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast