+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mudras - Healing and Meditation

1. Link to Post #1
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Default Mudras - Healing and Meditation

A mudra is a sacred gesture made with hands and is capable of leading to different states of consciousness. Mudras usually performed by hand, but there are also mudras that are made with the eyes, body, or through breathing techniques.

The origin of mudras is a mystery, mudras can be found in different traditions from around the world and in Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and leaving many ancient cultures represented in statues and paintings.

One may not really attribute the origin of mudras to a particular tradition or religion. Though probably there are traditions such as Hindu or Buddhist, who have worked and experimented with these long mystical gestures.

Various mudras can be use and incorporate into our lives.

The hands are an area reflects the whole body. Not only that, but different cultures different meanings attributed to each area of ​​the hand.

For example, in the culture of China, each finger corresponds to the meridian that passes by. So, seeing it from this point of view, if with the thumb and index finger I do is create a loop, joining two meridians that produce a certain effect of energy.

But this is not the only explanation, much less, the fingers also represent the five elements, five chakras, reflex zones of the body such as organs, planets and constellations, aspects of personality, etc.. As you can see for each mudra there are multiple interpretations, which makes the use of mudras is even more mysterious.

Probably the most widespread use of mudras is in meditation, but also have other uses, such as healing.

On the subject of Reiki, we can have a patient who comes to us with a sore back, then we apply Reiki special emphasis usually on the back.

But others, we can prescribe a specific mudra bad back, so that you practice during the week. In this way therapy is more effective and continuous.

Namasté

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7PA...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Azo8FMd4Xk
    Last edited by MariaDine; 6th May 2011 at 14:30.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Anna (6th May 2011), AwakeInADream (11th April 2013), Davidallany (6th May 2011), fosselovelight (16th July 2011), greybeard (4th June 2013), karamba (9th May 2013), kundalini_11 (18th June 2013), Lord Sidious (6th May 2011), Nanoo Nanoo (11th April 2013), nomadguy (6th May 2011), pinkfrost (20th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (18th July 2011), Tenzin (29th June 2011), ulli (16th July 2011), westhill (27th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: Mudras - Healing and Meditation

There is a series of mudra in ninjutsu, known as kuji in and are used for meditation purposes.
    In the movies, they use them to freak out the enemy, but I doubt that they ever did try that.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 6th May 2011 at 15:01.

4. Link to Post #3
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Last edited by MariaDine; 6th May 2011 at 14:58.

5. Link to Post #4
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Not bad.
    Funny enough, the image of the ninja being dressed like the attacking clan in that movie is mostly fiction.
    The other clan is more likely and most of the time the agent would be dressed as a priest or merchant when gathering info and for assassinations.

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

LMAO
    i love you guys
    Great Universal Love

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eikoor21 For This Post:

Lord Sidious (9th May 2011)

8. Link to Post #6
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Not taught in schools, meditation is great. Pyramids are great cosmic energy conductors. If you wish to astro-travel, open your third eye and find treasures beyond your wildest dreams then you owe to yourself to meditate.

Happy meditations.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Anna (27th May 2011), fosselovelight (16th July 2011), Lief (30th June 2011), Lord Sidious (27th May 2011), MariaDine (27th May 2011), Tenzin (29th June 2011), White Phoenix (28th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #7
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Good celebration, not morning.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

fosselovelight (16th July 2011), Star Tsar (16th October 2012), Tenzin (29th June 2011), White Phoenix (28th May 2011)

12. Link to Post #8
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for this thread Maria

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)
    A mudra is a sacred gesture made with hands and is capable of leading to different states of consciousness. Mudras usually performed by hand, but there are also mudras that are made with the eyes, body, or through breathing techniques.

The origin of mudras is a mystery, mudras can be found in different traditions from around the world and in Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and leaving many ancient cultures represented in statues and paintings.

One may not really attribute the origin of mudras to a particular tradition or religion. Though probably there are traditions such as Hindu or Buddhist, who have worked and experimented with these long mystical gestures.

Various mudras can be use and incorporate into our lives.

The hands are an area reflects the whole body. Not only that, but different cultures different meanings attributed to each area of ​​the hand.

For example, in the culture of China, each finger corresponds to the meridian that passes by. So, seeing it from this point of view, if with the thumb and index finger I do is create a loop, joining two meridians that produce a certain effect of energy.

But this is not the only explanation, much less, the fingers also represent the five elements, five chakras, reflex zones of the body such as organs, planets and constellations, aspects of personality, etc.. As you can see for each mudra there are multiple interpretations, which makes the use of mudras is even more mysterious.

Probably the most widespread use of mudras is in meditation, but also have other uses, such as healing.

On the subject of Reiki, we can have a patient who comes to us with a sore back, then we apply Reiki special emphasis usually on the back.

But others, we can prescribe a specific mudra bad back, so that you practice during the week. In this way therapy is more effective and continuous.

Namasté

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7PA...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Azo8FMd4Xk

13. Link to Post #9
    Poland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

I read a book about mudras about 10 years ago. Now I catch myself putting my hands and fingers in a really strange positions, without conscious afford. After some researches I found out it was mudras. The funny thing is in some situations I come up (?) with new positions and then discover on internet that such mudras exist and is actually for what I need. It freaks me out ! I sit thinking how to solve a problem and then I look down and my hands did something by “themselves”.
    There is one mudra that appears in my mind. I see myself standing with arms straight thumbs and index finger forming a triangle or pyramid, the other fingers are straight. Any idea what is ? – I found one similar but the other fingers are bend (mine are definitely straight). I will watch all the links at home – WOW !. But if you have any comments about my condition feel free.
    Thanks. Take care.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramika79 For This Post:

Lunesoleil (25th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #10
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    There is a series of mudra in ninjutsu, known as kuji in and are used for meditation purposes.
    In the movies, they use them to freak out the enemy, but I doubt that they ever did try that.
    A friend of mine studies ninja and showed me how he can dissapear using the mudra. He was in shadow and the light was dim but to my dismay i could not see him at all. He even moved to my rght and re appeared and that startled me. Very interesting stuff :-)

I use them inmeditation. I asked what they are for.

Assuming all following connections with the thumb

First finger conjures knowledge.
    Second fnger conjures accumulated representatives of all spirit families.
    Third finger is macro creativity
    Fourth finger is micro creativity

Hands together in prayer mode with a crystal in between creates a force feild using the crystal as an amplifier proportional to the intentive charge of the crystal multiplied by the quality of the crystal and its geometric components.

To amplify mudras without a crystal you may use food nutrients and a healthy body with breathing exersises.

The essential elements in oxygen can also be amplified with intention. The lungs are an interface of intentis using oxygen as an intermediary transport.

Have fun with it, meditation and mudras are real, they really do work :-)

N
    N

16. Link to Post #11
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by Ramika79 (here)
    Hi Guys,

I read a book about mudras about 10 years ago. Now I catch myself putting my hands and fingers in a really strange positions, without conscious afford. After some researches I found out it was mudras. The funny thing is in some situations I come up (?) with new positions and then discover on internet that such mudras exist and is actually for what I need. It freaks me out ! I sit thinking how to solve a problem and then I look down and my hands did something by “themselves”.
    There is one mudra that appears in my mind. I see myself standing with arms straight thumbs and index finger forming a triangle or pyramid, the other fingers are straight. Any idea what is ? – I found one similar but the other fingers are bend (mine are definitely straight). I will watch all the links at home – WOW !. But if you have any comments about my condition feel free.
    Thanks. Take care.

This is a variation of ancient mudra used extensively by masons. It conjures the great sage lord. He is dressed in thick white and bone coloured garments. He can conjure majic with his hand movements which are fast and detailed. This is, as far as i can make out, an intricate manipulation of energy into an etheric talisman. I have only met this great lord a few times and studied it respectfully.

This mudra has been altered here and there but the original is more making a diamond shape as opposed to a triangle.

When using these mudras please know the proper edicate when summoning great spirits.

Enjoy

N
    N

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

It sounds as though you are experiencing the awakening of the Kundalini force; one is often moved to adopt poses/asanas with the body or mudras with the hands, as the energy travels through the body.

18. Link to Post #13
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

It is amazing to note the link between MUDRAS and tapping therapies, like TAT and EFT. And even EMDR.

19. Link to Post #14
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Relationship mudras and meditation

Mudras often connect the thumb with other fingers, esp. thumb and middle finger, which creates a biocircuit, i.t. the énergies of two chakras join and are superimposed. In this case when you join thumb and middle finger the physical energy of the base chakra pours into the crown chakra which thus gets stimulated and activâtes Thêta waves thereby facilitating meditation; you somehow loop the loop!

20. Link to Post #15
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

nice this exercise of Mudras in music
    ✌ 👍 🤘 👌 👍 👊 🤟 🙏 🤲

+ Reply to Thread