Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Default Re: Censorship here?

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    I can see all sides to this...just want to say the full moon is upon us

Ross
    Ross the Ross? Long time no see

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Ross (15th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (15th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    Oh yeah, Paul's still the devil incarnate
    I've thinking of changing my forum Title from "Administrator" to "Tyrannical Censor" (in jest at this.)

I gave up on Fred259. He is now enjoying a one week vacation for ad hominem attacks.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 15th May 2011 at 03:57.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

D-Day (15th May 2011), DoubleHelix (15th May 2011), Gaia (15th May 2011), gigha (15th May 2011), HORIZONS (15th May 2011), king anthony (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), loveandgratitude (15th May 2011), Mike (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Sebastion (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011), ulli (15th May 2011), Wings (15th May 2011), winnasboy (15th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    Oh yeah, Paul's still the devil incarnate
    I've thinking of changing my forum Title from "Administrator" to "Tyrannical Censor" (in jest at this.)

I gave up on Fred259. He is now enjoying a one week vacation for ad hominem attacks.
    Try Führer. At least then they can leave to screams of "Jaa, mein Führer!" lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #84
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    This constant pressure tells me that the two of you don't believe in this forum, but you believe in your right to wank about it. Democracy, my ass. This is plain and simple egotistical wanking.
    I thought impugning the motives of fellow members is a one-week suspension. And Paul, you thanked this post! What is going on here? Are we all tumbling down the rabbit hole?

The subject of this post is addressing the issue of unwarranted censorship, which some insist never occurs on Avalon, and coming up with a way to moderate the moderation team (which includes Bill) when they get off-track, which some insist never happens. Isn't it strange that some people are vehemently opposed to this rather innocent subject? If unwarranted censorship was not a problem, no one would get very excited about this, and moderators would not be coiled and ready to strike. So could it be, just maybe, that there is a crucial problem inherent in Avalon (and most other forums) that could be addressed for the mutual benefit of all members?

8. Link to Post #85
    Bahamas Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: The Sky Is Falling!

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    A poll would not put this to rest. Some people enjoy controversy - it is their entertainment.

If you make statements like this Dennis, you should be prepared, as a Moderator, to be questioned as to who in your opinion are these people.

So, who in your opinion are the people who enjoy controversy for their entertainment?

This constant pressure tells me that the two of you don't believe in this forum, but you believe in your right to wank about it. Democracy, my ass. This is plain and simple egotistical wanking.
    Carmody, can you please explain to us all what a "wanker" is?
    Last edited by andywight; 15th May 2011 at 04:20. Reason: curious about "wanking"

9. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)
    I thought impugning the motives of fellow members is a one-week suspension. And Paul, you thanked this post! What is going on here? Are we all tumbling down the rabbit hole?

The subject of this post is addressing the issue of unwarranted censorship, which some insist never occurs on Avalon, and coming up with a way to moderate the moderation team (which includes Bill) when they get off-track, which some insist never happens. Isn't it strange that some people are vehemently opposed to this rather innocent subject? If unwarranted censorship was not a problem, no one would get very excited about this, and moderators would not be coiled and ready to strike. So could it be, just maybe, that there is a crucial problem inherent in Avalon (and most other forums) that could be addressed for the mutual benefit of all members?
    I said: possibly incorrect, and I said it quite nicely. I thought.

to continue..sadly...:

What? You want the rules to be one way? One where you don't have to realize your own seeming confrontational and aggressive tendencies, that I feel I see and note... in almost any post you may make, that I may perchance read??

Does the forum need emotional tirades? Or posts based in such posturing and language? I feel it does not. I tolerate them, or I read another thread. For it is not my decision. I'm not administration.

And yes, I do still feel that you are chasing ghosts. ghosts that don't exist. ghosts of your own creation.
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th May 2011 at 04:25.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

loveandgratitude (15th May 2011), Mike (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Quote Have you not noticed how wonderful things are flowing here at Avalon at the moment. The most amazing intelligent and thought expanding discussions at the moment.
    Not particularly myself...before 1st Jan 2011, this forum was excellent. 2000 new members and you will always see a change in energy and direction. Bill has decided to change direction, this is why I left as a mod. Many older members also saw this. This is part of the problem for some. I personally "got over it" and still enjoy reading some threads here, but I cannot say with sincerity that it is a better forum than before. It simply is not, imho.

The Mod team are doing their best, with the direction that Avalon has taken. It can be a very difficult job dealing with varible personalities, especially when changes are made with opposing view points of such. What also occurs with many, is a personal attachment to the community, which is understandable, I myself felt that way once. The best approach is one of non-personal attachment, take what you like and leave alone what you don't...this also applies to The admin and Mod team, not always easy but its the best way to stay balanced and neutral as a contributor and a Mod/Admin...we all fail at this from time to time...me included....and I say again, the full moon is abound. Was always a tricky time for Mods

Peace ya'all

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 15th May 2011 at 04:27.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

3optic (15th May 2011), Blacklight43 (15th May 2011), Chicodoodoo (15th May 2011), greybeard (15th May 2011), Harley (15th May 2011), HORIZONS (15th May 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (15th May 2011), Lettherebelight (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), Martin (15th May 2011), noxon medem (16th May 2011), sandy (15th May 2011), sheddie (15th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (15th May 2011), winnasboy (15th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by andywight (here)
    Take your pick: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wanking
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

NancyV (15th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    Quote Have you not noticed how wonderful things are flowing here at Avalon at the moment. The most amazing intelligent and thought expanding discussions at the moment.
    Not particularly myself...before 1st Jan 2011, this forum was excellent. 2000 new members and you will always see a change in energy and direction. Bill has decided to change direction, this is why I left as a mod. Many older members have also seen this. This is part of the problem for some. I personally "got over it" and still enjoy reading some threads here, but I cannot say with sincerity that it is a better forum than before. It simply is not, imho.

The Mod team are doing their best, with the direction that Avalon has taken. It can be a very difficult job dealing with varible personalities, especially when changes are made with opposing view points of such. What also occurs with many, is a personal attachment to the community, which is understandable, I myself felt that way once. The best approach is one of non-personal attachment, take what you like and leave alone what you don't...this also applies to The admin and Mod team, not always easy but its the best way to stay balanced and neutral as a contributor and a Mod/Admin...we all fail at this from time to time...me included....and I say again, the full moon is abound. Was always a tricky time for Mods

Peace ya'all

Ross
    Yeah Ross, I agree. I want to be on the other forum as well, but the vibe is quite different. I have friends there that I want to have laughs and fun with but every time I go to post, I'm not sure what response I'm going to get. I feel a bit down about the whole thing. I stepped into that vibe a bit too much.... and I made a post I should not have, IMO.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

A poll would not put this to rest. Some people enjoy controversy - it is their entertainment.

If you make statements like this Dennis, you should be prepared, as a Moderator, to be questioned as to who in your opinion are these people.

So, who in your opinion are the people who enjoy controversy for their entertainment?

this connotation, from the link: excite, stir, stimulate - stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"

in this case, of the self.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #90
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    My question therefore is: Are you one of the remaining 17?
    No. I'm completely independent of Charles. I'm also completely independent of Bill and the moderators. I'm on my own, an army of one, so to speak.

Quote Posted by Karma Ninja (here)
    did you really spend a week talking with your friends on the Nexus2012 forum to come back here to do this?
    No. There's no conspiracy involved here. I did not spend a week talking to friends on Nexus so that I could come back here to do this. You're welcome to investigate this over at Nexus, if you doubt my word. Also, be careful, as you are impugning my motives here, and the last time I was falsely accused of that, I got suspended from Avalon by Paul for one week. It can happen to anyone, and repeatedly has, and therein lies the problem.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Flash (15th May 2011), indiana (15th May 2011), Lettherebelight (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), Miller (15th May 2011), MMA_Fan (15th May 2011), noxon medem (16th May 2011), Ross (15th May 2011), sheddie (15th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (15th May 2011), winnasboy (15th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #91
    Bahamas Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    So we've got someone in Romania explaining to someone in the Bahamas something written by someone located winning the galactic lottery.

It doesn't get any better than this folks! (smiley of Oolong the bunny with a pancake on his head)

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andywight For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (15th May 2011), karelia (15th May 2011), Lily de Cuir (15th May 2011), noxon medem (16th May 2011), Some Bloke (15th May 2011), truthseekerdan (15th May 2011)

21. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Or, could it be that it is not a crucial problem, but you and a few others are simply screaming so loudly that it sounds like there's a fire - and others wonder why you are screaming.

I was really hoping that you'd see that the triple infraction that got you a vacation was fair, and that you'd come back to the forum with something positive. Now this. I was convinced you had more than this.

You wanted a forum that operates to your vision, and so you went elsewhere and created one, right? Why are you still insisting that Bill change this one to your vision too? It is not going to happen, and Bill was pretty clear about it. There won't be a team of moderators moderating the moderators, and there won't be a system of endlessly dragging up old infractions and discussing them to death. We're doing our best. If it's over the corner of the plate, it's a strike, and we're not going to watch the instant replay with you. Move on.

This thread isn't constructive, it is a silly distraction to all of the many things going on in the world that deserve our attention. You are wasting the time and the potential of at least 100 people so far. You are, and have been, beating this dead horse ad infinitum, and you knew it was a dead horse before your vacation because you have beaten this dead horse before. This is an incredible waste of time, clearly "not in the spirit of Avalon", clearly divisive and distracting - the most divisive and distracting thread in the past week on Avalon by far.

Dennis

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Carmody (15th May 2011), Chicodoodoo (15th May 2011), D-Day (15th May 2011), DoubleHelix (15th May 2011), Gaia (15th May 2011), greybeard (15th May 2011), king anthony (15th May 2011), loveandgratitude (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011), Some Bloke (15th May 2011), ThePythonicCow (15th May 2011), ulli (15th May 2011), Wings (15th May 2011)

23. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    So we've got someone in Romania explaining to someone in the Bahamas something written by someone located winning the galactic lottery.

It doesn't get any better than this folks! (smiley of Oolong the bunny with a pancake on his head)
    Your signature says it all...
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

andywight (15th May 2011), ulli (15th May 2011)

25. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

IMO, when the **** really hits the fan,

some people are going to really regret they wasted so much energy on things that have no consequence to the bigger picture.

Just to remind people the planet needs you right now.

The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

blufire (15th May 2011), crosby (15th May 2011), D-Day (15th May 2011), Lettherebelight (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), loveandgratitude (15th May 2011), Miller (15th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (15th May 2011), sepia (15th May 2011), sheddie (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011), SKAWF (15th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (15th May 2011), ulli (15th May 2011), winnasboy (15th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #95
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

God and angels don't get paid even though theirs is some of the most important work around. Ditto for volunteers. ~Cherishe Archer

Volunteers are love in motion! Remember kind people of AVALON.... The Moderators are volunteers. They give their time freely and generously. Do they deserve disdain, scorn, ridicule. Are they paid enough to take this crap. I THINK NOT. Volunteers do it for free.

Please, give freely your thanks, gratitude to these wonderful people who make this all possible. We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.

Remember Moderators AND OF COURSE BILL, Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO IN THE SPIRIT OF KINDNESS. MANY MANY BLESSING UPON YOU FOR ETERNITY.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

D-Day (15th May 2011), DoubleHelix (15th May 2011), EsmaEverheart (15th May 2011), Flash (15th May 2011), Gaia (15th May 2011), karelia (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011), ulli (15th May 2011)

29. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 633 posts

the most divisive and distracting thread in the past week on Avalon by far.

Dennis
    maybe next week or so you'll find that statement as funny as i do
    when i went there nothing happened!, i was bored out of my mind..................in the Twilight Zone.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Gone001 (15th May 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (15th May 2011)

31. Link to Post #97
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I don't think avalon will have to put up with these type threads for much longer. tactics like this are self limiting. eventually, a pattern of agitation develops where the mods will be forced to act. The sooner avalon untangles itself from the past, the sooner it can move forward.
    Last edited by davyj0nes; 15th May 2011 at 05:05.

32. Link to Post #98
    Deactivated
    Thanks

This thread isn't constructive, it is a silly distraction to all of the many things going on in the world that deserve our attention. You are wasting the time and the potential of at least 100 people so far. You are, and have been, beating this dead horse ad infinitum, and you knew it was a dead horse before your vacation because you have beaten this dead horse before. This is an incredible waste of time, clearly "not in the spirit of Avalon", clearly divisive and distracting - the most divisive and distracting thread in the past week on Avalon by far.
    When someone speaks out against the wrong-doings of a corrupt government, they are labeled as distracting, divisive, subversive, insurgent, or even accused of being a terrorist. Avalon is a microcosm of the larger world. The same issues that hobble the world are playing out here. I had the impression that one of the goals of Avalon was to be a model that would demonstrate to the world how a community could work together to solve problems. I still have that view, and I'm still trying to work towards that goal. Even now.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Jeffrey (15th May 2011), noxon medem (16th May 2011), OnyxKnight (25th May 2011), thunder24 (15th May 2011)

34. Link to Post #99
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    We wish you well in your endeavors, Chicodoodoo.

Your Project Avalon account has been deactivated.

As it states in the forum Guidelines:
    Quote Anyone who does not appear to be in alignment with the purpose and energy of the forum may be asked to leave.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

D-Day (15th May 2011), DoubleHelix (15th May 2011), Gaia (15th May 2011), gigha (15th May 2011), king anthony (15th May 2011), Mike (15th May 2011), NancyV (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011)

36. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

I have an idea, how about we just moderate ourselves, if there is a thread like this that anyone here doesnt like and thinks its devisive etc then those people could make one post that says "Devisive, Im Out" and that would make a statement and a protest if you will, that would leave the few that would like to complain about a subject to themselves and there would be no one to insult or attack and they would get board agreeing with each other and it would fizzle out when they are ready. If you agree with this idea then plant your flag on the field and cross your arms and turn your back in quiet protest. No one can insult you for that and they cant get into trouble either. Just an idea..

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

davyj0nes (15th May 2011), Lord Sidious (15th May 2011), MMA_Fan (15th May 2011), sandy (15th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (15th May 2011), Sierra (17th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 5 15 21 LastLast