Thread: Censorship here?

1. Link to Post #401
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Censorship here?

Hi bashi has been permanently retired from long term service to Avalon.

He played the devils advocate sometimes to make you think and crossed swords with many --- myself included--- but he brought a lot to the table.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

dmarie (7th June 2011), DoubleHelix (9th June 2011), Nasu (7th June 2011), OnyxKnight (7th June 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (9th June 2011), SKIBADABOMSKI (7th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #402
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Bashi is gone?

4. Link to Post #403
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Quote Posted by Oliver S (here)
    9eagle9, I removed your long, long diatribe because it served no purpose. If neither of your likes the other, just both agree not to talk to each other. Let's forget about who got the last remark in and forget about having to get our response in, and say if you both agree, here, under this post, to refrain from contacting each other and replying to each other in threads. This is really the only way we can resolve it!
    This is really nonsense of what is going on here, people are being harassed and nothing is done.

this is not right.

regards to all
    roman

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

dmarie (7th June 2011), DoubleHelix (9th June 2011), Lisab (9th June 2011), Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), OnyxKnight (7th June 2011)

6. Link to Post #404
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi bashi has been permanently retired from long term service to Avalon.

He played the devils advocate sometimes to make you think and crossed swords with many --- myself included--- but he brought a lot to the table.

Chris
    He most certainly did bring a lot to the table. What a shame, he'd always get my cogs working.

He'll be missed.

Ski-

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

dmarie (7th June 2011), Omni (7th June 2011), thunder24 (7th June 2011)

8. Link to Post #405
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by ROMANWKT (here)
    9eagle9, I removed your long, long diatribe because it served no purpose. If neither of your likes the other, just both agree not to talk to each other. Let's forget about who got the last remark in and forget about having to get our response in, and say if you both agree, here, under this post, to refrain from contacting each other and replying to each other in threads. This is really the only way we can resolve it!
    This is really nonsense of what is going on here, people are being harassed and nothing is done.

this is not right.

regards to all
    roman
    I would be grateful if 9eagle9 would send me instances of harassment. If I cannot find an amicable truce, I would need something substantive before I could do anything.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), ROMANWKT (7th June 2011)

10. Link to Post #406
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

this is not right.

regards to all
    roman
    I would be grateful if 9eagle9 would send me instances of harassment. If I cannot find an amicable truce, I would need something substantive before I could do anything.
    My understanding is that she had informed you many times about this, and nothing has been done.
    my regards to you Oliver S
    roman

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), OnyxKnight (7th June 2011), Seikou-Kishi (7th June 2011)

12. Link to Post #407
    Thanks

this is not right.

regards to all
    roman
    My understanding is that she had informed you many times about this, and nothing has been done.
    my regards to you Oliver S
    roman
    I've heard very little of it all. Not only have I not seen a single harassing PM, I haven't seen a single PM at all. The report triangle found to the right of the thanks button on a post is in a similar place in PMs, and we can't see PMs until they've been reported, so we don't know any of what's been going on.

Ilie really summed it up for me "nothing can be done from hearsay... so we need those PMs reported"

I have to justify everything I do to the other moderators, we all have to. I cannot do anything without something to show as a justification — I'm sure people here wouldn't have it any other way!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Donna O (7th June 2011), DoubleHelix (9th June 2011), Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), ROMANWKT (7th June 2011), Sebastion (7th June 2011)

14. Link to Post #408
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

I think she has made it clear that she does not want to continue that dribble anymore, but she does have a person spamming her email box with things that continue this thing on and on.

Maybe, just maybe, the ball needs to be passed on to the other side. After all, that side is the stalking side isn't it? Just saying ...

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

DoubleHelix (9th June 2011), Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (9th June 2011), ROMANWKT (7th June 2011), Seikou-Kishi (7th June 2011), ulli (7th June 2011)

16. Link to Post #409
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I forwarded two of them to you yesterday. You thanked me for them.

The sermons about how I'm a lost soul and negative, and spreading negativity throughout the forum because I have the temerity to speak out about the Galactic Federation of Light. . And that I need stop talking and spreading the negativity. Basically saying I shouldn't have a voice in matters. She reported you to me as being threatened but who is being threatened her exactly?

I did send them to you. You did thank me for doing so.

Would you like me to forward that was sent to me today implicating me as being up to something and not being a genuine person because I don't post my email address , home address, full name and other personal information on a public website like most rational people.

I'm certainly willing to do so.

I posted one of the harassment lettes up on a post and you promptly took it down as a 'meaningless diatribe.' Did you not read the quoted material before deciding it was meaningless? If its meaningless I'm puzzled as to why I need to forward them to you again?

But I will do so willingly.

this is not right.

regards to all
    roman
    [edit: I accidentally edited your post and typed my reply in as though I'd done a "reply with quote"... can you tell I'm on top form? lol]
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 7th June 2011 at 19:58.

17. Link to Post #410
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I have forwarded the emails to you and other members of moderation just in case they get lost again.

18. Link to Post #411
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    I forwarded two of them to you yesterday. You thanked me for them.

The sermons about how I'm a lost soul and negative, and spreading negativity throughout the forum because I have the temerity to speak out about the Galactic Federation of Light. . And that I need stop talking and spreading the negativity. Basically saying I shouldn't have a voice in matters. She reported you to me as being threatened but who is being threatened her exactly?

I did send them to you. You did thank me for doing so.

Would you like me to forward that was sent to me today implicating me as being up to something and not being a genuine person because I don't post my email address , home address, full name and other personal information on a public website like most rational people.

I'm certainly willing to do so.

I posted one of the harassment lettes up on a post and you promptly took it down as a 'meaningless diatribe.' Did you not read the quoted material before deciding it was meaningless? If its meaningless I'm puzzled as to why I need to forward them to you again?

But I will do so willingly.
    Did you? Oh god that rings an awful bell now. No you're totally right I've just found them. I'm going to report them now from my inbox so that all the moderators can see them and we can discuss how to proceed.

Edit: actually with regards the new stuff — definitely. If there's more today it would certainly help to see it. So sorry about this completely negligent follow-up.

Edit: for those who didn't forget 9eagle9 when I did, the matter was continued in PMs.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 7th June 2011 at 20:34.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

9eagle9 (8th June 2011), Anno (8th June 2011), Belle (8th June 2011), DoubleHelix (9th June 2011), hohoemi (8th June 2011), Lord Sidious (8th June 2011), Martin (7th June 2011), NancyV (7th June 2011), OnyxKnight (7th June 2011), ROMANWKT (7th June 2011), Sebastion (7th June 2011), ThePythonicCow (7th June 2011), ulli (7th June 2011)

20. Link to Post #412
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,850 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by SKIBADABOMSKI (here)
    He most certainly did bring a lot to the table. What a shame, he'd always get my cogs working.

He'll be missed.

Ski-
    True.

Bashi also took it upon himself, on more than one occasion, to affectively silence another member with a visually and viscerally vindictive vendetta. Getting us to think is good ... but you've got to leave some space for others to think differently ... at least on this forum.

When one member decides that this forum is not big enough for both themselves and some other member (that they feel is too "wrong"), then the moderators first try to "moderate" the dispute, seeking to have each member respect the presence and contributions of the other (which might include modest and respectful dissent, or simply ignoring) Failing that, someone ends up leaving. If the mods do nothing, the "attackee" is driven into silence. If the mods intervene, then perhaps the "attacker" is shown the door first. If both the attacker and attackee are sufficiently stubborn, then it may be a plethora of humble readers, tired with the noise, who leave. At some point, lacking infinite wisdom, patience and energy for this, the best the mods can do is influence who is the departee.

Some of the other mods describe this as being a difference of whether one attacks the content of a post, or the poster. Personally I do not think that is an adequate distinction. If I started hounding every minute imperfection of grammar, spelling, presentation, ambiguity and imperfection of fact or inference in some particular members postings -- following up each line they posted with a page long dissertation on the minute imperfections of their content -- that could get annoying as hell pretty quickly, even if I scrupulously avoided any ad hominem attacks. Note I exaggerate in this description - it does not describe anything I've actually witnessed, from anyone. But something tending along these lines could after a fashion get one (including myself) permanently unsubscribed from here.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

21. Link to Post #413
    Thanks

Well, what exactly did Bashi do to get the boot? I'm just curious.

I have had my own strong disagreements with him/her on many issues, (sometimes to the point of arguing), but I never would have let him go if I was a mod, as I think he made a lot of contribution to this forum, especially from a scientific point of view (we kinda lack that type of people here, one of the reasons I considered him/her valuable member).

Maybe format his posts in a more respective manner, if he was being too harsh and offensive in his delivery there. I think it would have been a good solution.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Positive Vibe Merchant (9th June 2011)

23. Link to Post #414
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OnyxKnight (here)

I have had my own strong disagreements with him/her on many issues, (sometimes to the point of arguing), but I never would have let him go if I was a mod, as I think he made a lot of contribution to this forum, especially from a scientific point of view (we kinda lack that type of people here, one of the reasons I considered him/her valuable member).

Maybe format his posts in a more respective manner, if he was being too harsh and offensive in his delivery there. I think it would have been a good solution.

I think it might have had something to do with when J. Horak was posting here, and part of that exchange got moved to a separate thread. Things kinda went downhill from there.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ES-side-thread

24. Link to Post #415
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bitworm (here)
    Quote Posted by OnyxKnight (here)

I think it might have had something to do with when J. Horak was posting here, and part of that exchange got moved to a separate thread. Things kinda went downhill from there.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ES-side-thread
    1- That's old stuff. He was still here after James decided not to post (IMO, a good decision, if he continued, it might have cost him his carrier);

2- Horak decided not to post a few days into March. Last post of Bashi is from 4th of June, posting an article about dead farm animals;

3- That gives a room of a few months for the mods to punish Bashi if he crossed some lines. What's with the deliberation? Why now?;

4- His previous posts were in the thread about Comet Elenin or Nibiru discussion. He was respectful there, as far as could see;

5- He was also very respectful with Horak too. He asked questions, Horak got upset. If one doesn't have anything to hide or lie about, he wouldn't have got upset. I found his questions to be in place;

6- I questioned Horak too. Maybe even more harshly than Bashi. I was only asked to calm down. I wasn't even warned. Let alone deactivated because of it. Why did Bashi get the deactivation sentence?

I'm not going to list nicknames here, but a large number of Avalon members have hinted to me that this place is not a very welcoming place for people with scientific background. Especially if they question others.

I openly state here that I have crossed swords with Bashi too, on numerous occasions. I would never, ever, consider him/her leaving Avalon because they question me, or anyone else.

So far, things remain unexplained.
    Last edited by OnyxKnight; 9th June 2011 at 10:29.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

buckminster fuller (18th June 2011), noxon medem (29th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst 1 11 21