1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Wakytweaky, as request:
    萧宏慈 Hongchi Xiao

his blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/yixingtx
    his website: http://www.xiaohongci.com/
    his BIO: http://baike.baidu.com/view/2230012.htm

In China, within my knowledge, There are at least thousands of talent people with thousands more different methods like this guy, or even better. In this alternative medicine realm, he is not famous and relatively new(According to his BIO). So I suggest you do it with discretion.
    According to his BIO, his previous occupation was investment banker with an MBA degree from some American college, so I would say, for someone at his age(middle-age) in China, he is pretty smart at least.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

conk (17th April 2012), Eram (13th April 2012), ljwheat (22nd July 2012), M6* (22nd July 2012), Turcurulin (9th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Wakytweaky, thanks for reminding me of Hongchi Xiao's pressure-point slapping technique. Of course, it is important to know where to slap and where not to slap.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012), ljwheat (22nd July 2012), M6* (22nd July 2012), Turcurulin (9th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Hermeticus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to opt out of the big red welts on my body, but otherwise, I am trying this over time to see if I feel any benefit from it. The Chinese are crazy in a quiet, useful sort of way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermeticus For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by G.Deluca (here)
    Quote Posted by minkton (here)
    You all might be interested in Gua Sha. Nenuphar, have a google of it and it will explain something to you about stagnation of chi and surface reactions.
    those red marks reminds me of a similar technique my grandmother used,but she used a glass, a match to take away the air and something else inside, i don't remember what
    Yes! That's called 'cupping'. It's the same principle. You got it. Drawing stagnant chi to the surface, and burning it off. Cupping is a relative of using moxa, in acupuncture.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minkton For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012), M6* (10th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

All in Chinese.......can't find anything on him in English

Quote Posted by cayman (here)
    Wakytweaky, as request:
    萧宏慈 Hongchi Xiao

In China, within my knowledge, There are at least thousands of talent people with thousands more different methods like this guy, or even better. In this alternative medicine realm, he is not famous and relatively new(According to his BIO). So I suggest you do it with discretion.
    According to his BIO, his previous occupation was investment banker with an MBA degree from some American college, so I would say, for someone at his age(middle-age) in China, he is pretty smart at least.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Thanks for this great post Wakytweaky!
    I have never heard of this self healing method. Did the arm wacking this am and felt tingly all over. This was after only 3 minutes (all I could muster). Looking forward to the postive results. We are so fortunate to have this PA forum. What a great group.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pixiestix For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012), PathWalker (13th April 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

There seems to be something to this, I cannot wait to try it, I like to use myself as my own guinea pig. When you visit a real Eauropean spa, in Russia or Hungary, their treatments are not used to put you to sleep like they do here in North America. They actually slap the hell out of you there with these brunches, usually the spa treatment ladies or guys are older and fatter and stronger, they look like big mammas and papas, and they mean business, not like here the spa professionals look like they just stepped out of a magazine. The force that is applied through these brunches onto the skin supposes to bring blood flow to those areas of the body that are diseased, so that the body can start healing. Saunas are also used to sweat out the toxins, and a nice relaxing dip in cold water is also included. I think that I would be dead by then.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

Earth Angel (13th April 2012), Eram (13th April 2012), M6* (10th May 2012), PathWalker (13th April 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

thanks Cilka, you make me laugh

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Amazing stuff I am in awe and very grateful.

I found this article describing and explaining in writing the content of the video above (quite long) http://goodguy.hubpages.com/hub/Self-healing-techniques. Written about this teacher.

Note that he pissed some high ass and was fined for healing claims, in Taiwan a year ago, read here: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-2268808.html
    Last edited by PathWalker; 13th April 2012 at 21:44.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Earth Angel (13th April 2012), Eram (13th April 2012), Seikou-Kishi (13th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

great articles PathWalker, thank you........finally something in English I can pass along to family

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)

I found this article describing and explaining in writing the content of the video above (quite long) http://goodguy.hubpages.com/hub/Self-healing-techniques. Written about this teacher.

Note that he pissed some high ass and was deported from Taiwan a year ago, read here: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-2268808.html
    I love this quote from Master Xiao

Quote Frequency of practice

As for how often we need to practise this therapy, Master Xiao has this to say,

"If you want more health benefits, practise more often,

If you want less health benefits, practise less often,

If you don't want any health benefit, then don't do it."
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 13th April 2012 at 21:09.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Eram (13th April 2012), readytogo (26th April 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)

Note that he pissed some high ass and was deported from Taiwan a year ago, read here: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-2268808.html
    is there a button for 'SUPER useful post' ?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Earth Angel (13th April 2012), laperle (18th February 2013), Seikou-Kishi (13th April 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Specific instruction with diagnostics and timing
    From here: http://chiaweb.com/drug-free-health-...ai-da-therapy/

I find it important to copy it here in order to keep a backup.
    Quote Pai-Da Therapy

Terminulogy

Pai: Patting
    Da: Slapping
    Pai-Da: A Chinese Medical method which utilize patting and slapping of external skin areas to draw out and eliminate poisonous waste in body and restore health by facilitating the smooth flow of Qi throughout the meridians?
    Sha: poisonous blood

The principles of Pai-Da

Pai-Da = Elimination of toxicant = Elimination of the poisonous waste in body
    Skin is closely related to the meridians, our limbs, five viscera, six entrails and nine apertures (including the eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth, urethra and anus).

Pai-Da will launch one’s faith and mental forces, and will stimulate relevant meridians to dredge the Qi. The running Qi will in turn bring out the running of blood. The unobstructed meridians could cure diseases.

The patted and slapped parts on the body will automatically gather Qi and blood, and then accelerate the circulation. As sweepers, the intensified Qi could scan the body and dredge the obstructed meridians. As a result, the body waste, illnesses and even tumors will be cleared.

Viewing from the perspective of the western medicine, Pai-Da is a positive-breaking therapy which will stimulate the central nervous system. Therefore, the inner body systems could be activated and help repair the damaged parts, and finally improve the immunity function of human body.

Order of Pai-Da

Generally speaking, there is an up-down turn as fullows:

(Step 1) Pat the head
    Pat the top of the head with both hands
    Pat the sides of the head with both hands
    Pat the back of the head with both hands
    Pat the back of the head with one hand (one hand is more convenient, and could nicely cover the head)

(Step 2) Slap the back of the shoulder
    Pat the right side with left hand, and the left side with the right hand; remember to pat all sides of the shoulder.

(Step 3) Slap both armpits and the inner sides of the shoulder
    Patients with cardiac diseases, lung diseases and breast diseases should do this step more.

(Step 4)? Slap the inner sides of the elbow joints
    Including all meridians of the inner sides which include the heart-channel of the inner sides and the lung-channel and the large intestine channel at the rims of the outer sides, as well as the pericardium channel in the middle.

(Step 5) Slap the knees
    Pat the fronts of the knees with both hand and make sure that the knee is covered by the whule palm; pat the inner sides, outer sides and the popliteal spaces.

This step could be applied to cure all foot and leg diseases. La-Jin as supplement will bring better results.

(Step 6) Slap the feet
    Pat the arches, insteps and the ankles with power. This step can not only cure the foot diseases, but also bring good curative effects for all internal organ diseases.

(Step 7) Slap any body-parts according to the need
    After all the six steps above, you may pat any body-parts according to your illness.

What if there is no enough time?? Pat the fullowing important parts.? For most chronic and acute diseases, the elbows, knees, groins and feet are the focus, because these parts have the most toxins, and are the concentrated areas of meridians, blood vessels, nerves and lymph.

How to Pai-Da in a proper way?

Pat and slap attentively
    Concentration and faith will increase the positive energy in your body. Distracting thoughts could bring negative effects.

Patand slap with power, as long as you can endure the pain
    It might hurt in the first, but the feeling will be eased after about two minutes.
    If you feel the pain of slapping, that means you are on the right way. The pain will eliminate the illness.

Pat and slap with your thought
    When slapping the skin, you can imagine that you are injecting fresh Qi into the body and bringing out the turbid Qi out.

Use your palms and fingers in a proper way
    When slapping a larger area such as the front of the knees, use both palm and fingers; if the area is relatively small, such as the popliteal space, you could mainly use the fingers with agile movement of the wrist.

Better recite or chant scriptures when slapping
    Reciting scriptures will bring a better result; you may choose your favorite scriptures.

The time length of Pai-Da, the frequency of Pai-Da
    Pai-Da can be done at any time in a day. You can form a habit of Pai-Da and pat in the morning and at night or you can do this in the morning, afternoon and at night.

For healthy people, you can pat the head, shoulders, armpits, elbows and knees for one to five minutes each time. You should at least do this once or twice a day.

For sub-health cases, besides slapping the parts mentioned above, you can pat the nidus for a longer time. Generally the time length should be between five to thirty minutes for once or twice a day. You can also pat more times each day.

For those who feel under the weather or have obvious nidus should rash-pat the nidus for at least half an hour each time. For example, those who suffer from knee pains, frozen shoulder, cervical spondylosis, headache and insomnia can rash-pat the knees and elbows more frequently for at least once or twice a day.

For those who suffer from serious illnesses, such as people who are unable to lift the shoulders or walk, or suffer from psoriasis, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes or cancer should rash-pat top-down from the head to the feet with the focus on the elbows, knees, feet and the nidus for at least one hour and at least three times a day. And the time length of each Pai-Da should be reduced as the disease remises.

After several times of Pai-Da, it is not as easy to have Sha as before but if you continue Pai-Da it can promotes blood circulation, keep you fit and even treat the disease.

The time length and frequency of Pai-Da varies according to individuals. Whether there is Sha or not after Pai-Da, it can be applied everyday to both the sick and the health.

One Pai-Da can also be divided into several times with each time focuses on one certain part of the body.

How to tell the health situation from the culor of the sha?

Sha, i.e. poisonous blood, is the culorful thing on the skin after Pai-Da. If you Pai-Da the healthy parts of the body with the same amount of force, there won’t be Sha; otherwise the unhealthy body will show symptoms on the skin after Pai-Da.

Sha reflects the illness of the body; otherwise the skin won’t have Sha appearing after Pai-Da. More Sha means more serious of the disease.

The darker the culor of the Sha, the more poison, culdness, heat and other pathogenic factors are in the body.

Rubeosis: healthy; normal
    Red: wind-heat; usually can be found with the sub-health group
    Purple red: stasis-heat and it is prone to feel pain???
    Cyan: phlegm-dampness and it is prone to feel tired
    Purple black: stasis; shows the patient suffers from a large accumulation of body endotoxin and microcirculatory disturbance
    Black: shows the patient suffers from chronic disease and has been taking medication for a long time.

According to the position of the Sha, one can tell the illness or the potential illness of the corresponding organs and the Sha itself also shows the body has started the reduction body endotoxin and the treatment.

The Sha will come out within a minute after the Pai-Da with those who suffer from clogging blood circulation and their Sha comes faster and the culor of the Sha is darker than usual.

Some people will have red Sha first and if keep Pai-Da the culor will turn dark purple or even dark masses.

Some people won’t have Sha until several times’ Pai-Da, which means their fever lies deeper and it can only be scraped away gradually and it also means the body endotoxin is being reduced.

Some people will have Sha the first time they have Pai-Da and don’t have Sha afterwards and may have Sha again later, which means their body situation and mood are undergoing some changes.

Cautions

1. Take shelter from the wind when slapping
    Air-conditioner and electric fan should be turned off because the pores will open during La-Jin which might make you catch culd
    2. Drink enough water after Pai-Da
    Drinking a cup of water before and after Pai-Da could supply the consumed water during the exercise. It will also prevent fatigue and accelerate metabulism.
    3. Bathing after Pai-Da
    Take bath three hours after Pai-Da with warm water.
    4. Treat skin diseases with Pai-Da
    Use all fingers and the whule palm when slapping a large area of skin, such as the front of the knees. For skin diseases like psoriasis, pat with power for longer time.
    Do not use Pai-Da to treat trauma or festering wounds.
    5. Treat diabetes mellitus, varicosity and edema of the lower limbs
    For patients of diabetes mellitus, slapping should be light and slow because their skin and vessels are weak and fragile. For patients with varicosity and edema of the lower limbs, it is better for them to pat from the bottom to top gently, so as to accelerate the blood circulation.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

astrid (23rd July 2012), CdnSirian (14th April 2012), Earth Angel (13th April 2012), Eram (13th April 2012), fourty-two (22nd July 2012), jessamy99 (22nd July 2012), M6* (10th May 2012), mab777 (13th June 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

This reminds me of all the Catholic saints who said self-flagellation was a way of creating an ecstatic union with god. Prima facie, it feels counter-intuitive to say the way to health is to have yourself beaten up though XD

26. Link to Post #34
    China Avalon Member
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cayman (here)
    Wakytweaky, as request:
    萧宏慈 Hongchi Xiao

I agree~ He was penalized for advertising in Taiwan. Because it's forbidden to claim that traditional methods are effective there. And I totally agree with that policy.
    The thing is, traditional methods are a part of big ancient medicine and methodological system that has been obscured since the "modernisation“. So maybe some methods he used and adopted have positive work on someone, it does not mean it's useful for everyone.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to yuhui For This Post:

Eram (9th May 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Thanks! I will surely watch and try this, i'm not going to slap very hard though Seems to come in the right moment for me since i'm slowly recovering from an eight month Lymedisease that was diagnosed only 5 days ago. I take both homeopatics and antibiotics but the latter is not necessary my homeopath told me. See my latest posts in the "Here and Now thread" for more info about how to treat late stage Lymedisease.
    Last edited by transiten; 9th May 2012 at 21:27.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

CdnSirian (10th May 2012), Eram (9th May 2012), meeradas (9th May 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Thanks! I will surely watch and try this, i'm not going to slap very hard though Seems to come in the right moment for me since i'm slowly recovering from an eight month Lymedisease that was diagnosed only 5 days ago. I take both homeopatics and antibiotics. See my latest posts in the "Here and Now thread" for more info about how to treat late stage Lymedisease.
    And of course i somehow question I could "Slap away Lymedisease". My Chinese acupuncturist could not heal me from it, only help to support my immunesystem and he couldn't diagnose it from my description of my symptoms. I had no ring from the bite, i called my homeopath from the Western doc:s waitingroom who prescribed Sanukehl Brucel D6 that made the ring appear 7 months after the bite and i had the diagnosis from a western MD.
    Last edited by transiten; 9th May 2012 at 21:10.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Eram (9th May 2012)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Well i'm laughing my butts off for the first time in months and i really feel a connection to my body while slappping "Here and There and Everywhere" (this Beatles tune has been nominated the 4:th best song ever written) that i've lost during my Lymedisease illness. Feels great. Thanks a lot Wakytweaky!

Why did i post 2 new answers instead of editing the 1:st one Never happened before and i just realized it waking up ½an hour ago...Blame it on the Lymedisesase, on the other hand i didn't take any calming pill last night...might it be because of the slapping Some grim humour here, i'm not as well as i pretend...
    Last edited by transiten; 10th May 2012 at 05:40.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Eram (9th May 2012), meeradas (9th May 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ok Wakytweaky.....I'm IN!!
    I just finished watching all three of these links and we will see how it goes!;-(
    Do need a slapper though. Thanks so much for the post! M6*

35. The Following User Says Thank You to M6* For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2012)

36. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

It seems to me that Anthony Quinn was in a great movie with a Greek theme years ago.
    I don't really remember name of the move, or the story line ....just how great he was in
    the role.... and there was a scene in there with an older lady and it was about the cupping technique. M6*

37. The Following User Says Thank You to M6* For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2012)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

along the same lines
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2012), Nickolai (22nd May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast