+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: Hongchi Xiao's self-healing method

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks

Default Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Greetings from P.R. China. The name (his name) has the following characters 蕭 (xiao) 宏 (hong) 慈 (ci): 蕭 (desolate, dreary) 宏 (great, grand, magnificent) 慈 (kind).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alexandra For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), modwiz (23rd July 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

Smile Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

To all my western friends...

Here are two video clips for Master Xiao's workshop in USA conducted in English:

Source: Watch on Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/45886014 (Video link just in case)

Source: Watch on Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/45886013 (Video link just in case)

Hopefully it will clear all the mis-information and re-enforce the benefits of this ancient Chinese healing practice.

As Master Xiao mentioned in some of his other seminars (mostly in mandarin at Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, many parts of China and even Germany!), he did not invent these practices... he merely re-introduced these long forgotten ancient Chinese healing ways in the aim that we modern beings are able to do self-healing all on our own... without costly pills and surgeries.

That... in my humble opinion... is great ambition and of great compassion.

Hope you guys enjoy the videos

Thank you... LoVE & LiGHT

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Earth Angel (24th July 2012), Eram (23rd July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (23rd July 2012), intruth (27th July 2012), Kristo (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Australia Avalon Member Wiremu2011's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is ironic for me, as I've recently re-visited EFT or in my case, Faster EFT by Robert Smith. After having been encouraged by Bruce Liptons interview on the power of conciousness and his endorsement of EFT to shift all subconscious "blocks", I had to look at it again.
    I've since been practicing the much simpler and fast acting response from the Robert Smiths technique and I have to say I'm absolutely blown away with the change that has happened to me since.
    Obviously much gentler, but works on the same meridian principle as the slapping one would think. I ability to relax in any situation is very noticeable and pretty much what I was hoping for.
    It's another fantastic way to process your fears as inelia endorses with her meditations. Very important and vital IMHO.
    Check it out, it's equally worth the time to investigate and see if it'd be of any benefit for you. Cheers

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wiremu2011 For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Hughe (23rd July 2012), Kristo (23rd July 2012), Timreh (23rd July 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Putting my massage therapist hat on here...

This technique is of interest to me. Particularly because it is a very old Taoist technique. It is focused on the lymph nodes of the extremities and groin, which we avoid in massage therapy, as they are sensitive and more delicate. A massage therapist will focus more on muscles, encouraging the flow of lymph toward the lymph nodes.

However, gently slapping or tapping these areas (popliteal, supratrochlear) and stretching the inguinal node areas, would certainly increase the blood supply to these nodes substantially, thus stimulating and increasing the activity of these lymph nodes.
    And most of us are aware of what goes on in the lymph nodes...major clean up job by the lymphocytes of toxins and diseases (antigens and pathogens) before it (lymph, interstitial fluid) is returns to the blood supply.

I can see how this technique would assist in the pursuit of good health, giving the lymphatic/immune system a turbo boost. These nodes are often scrunched up by the joints they are housed in. I do think, however, that bruising would be a sign that you've over done it...although it could be a case of building up a tolerance to light slapping. Easy bruising can be a symptom of irregular health in itself and may be only an initial, or temporary response to this treatment.

I think tapping or light slapping (tapotement) sounds beneficial, and would be more effective in these locations rather than applying pressure, just because the nodes are so sensitive.

It would be interesting to hear what Modwiz, also a massage therapist, has to say on this topic also. Yo, Bro!
    Or anyone else with a related understanding...Sister Nearing?
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 24th July 2012 at 21:39.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012), seko (23rd July 2012), Selene (23rd July 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

The Eastern practices are less shy to treat more sensitive organs than the West. Qi Nei Tsang is the massage therapy that deals directly with stimulating the organs of the abdominal cavity through gentle but direct massage pressure. In the west we generally only focus on assisting intestinal action.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), meeradas (24th July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

I am interested to know from those who have practiced this technique if the bruising goes away over a period of time even when the slapping occurs. How long did it take? In the first video the guy said that when the woman slapped her arn that it would definatley go away over time if she kept it up. Doesnt that sound totally contrary to conventional conclusion? Then on top of it he said her heart would get stronger.

I am also interested to know if there are areas on the body where bruising did not occur even though subjected tot he same pressure.

wadyweaky - how goes it with your heart rate?

I probably will give this a try. Not because I am into self abuse. I never have been into self abuse. But I am very curious and experiemental in nature and I have no fears of stepping outside of the box. I suppose that is why I have accumulated a fairly large file of understanding and knowledge in alternative health. I dont let others tell me what is right and wrong. I make my own decisions... and I suppose that is why my health is so good and I have overcome so much in these years.. wether its from an herb, homeoapthy, a rife machine, a vitamin or a sweat lodge or a dance or a massage. All these things someone along the line told me no. thats crazy.

I think it is absolutley absured to conclude that someone who does this has self abuse issues. I certainly dont. Ive been a massage therapist for over 30 years. There are many ways to move energy. I say the proof is in the pudding. If this technique can slow down and stablize a heart rate that runs at 100 perpetually then I say go for it. .... not that there are not other ways to contend with such an issue for I think that htere is. But I do have some failth that people are drawn to the medicine that they need it they will keep their eyes open to see it.

We must continue to endeavor to find ways of healing that is outside of the current money sucking drug paradigm. There are many out there. Find the one that works for you.

From what I know about chinese medicine, which isnt a whole lot, but certainly some of theory, this tecnique makes perfect sense. In acupressure, with some therapiest a smiliar bruising will also occur and amongst acupressurist there is lots of controversy about how hard the applications should be. Some of these guys get pretty rough and I have had treatments that were pretty severe, but with amazing benefits. This new system seems a little extreme and people are so afraid of bruising. I will say this, in very healthing people bruising is always minimal. Bruising is a sign of chi issues. Look at children who are so rough and tumble and they get few bruises.. Older people often bruise at the slightest bump. This always indicates a problem, even in conventional medicine... although conventional docs generally dont have the education or foresight to pay it attention and figure it out.

I have also seen bruises as large as 8 inches across and deep deep purple completely disappear over night with the use of homeoapthy.
    There is so much aobut energy movement in the body that we dont understand and the circulation of energy and blood is something that the chineses medicine mindset does have a grip on...

I think I will try it and see what happens. If it is real. there should be patterns that present and expected out comes over time, that can be repeated on many people. I suspect that this is probably so because this guy is getting a lot of support. If people didnt see some positive result they would stop pretty dang quick seeing how painful it is and disturbing in appearance and they would not be inclined to recommend it to others. I assure you, if I see no benefit I will not be inclinded to stick with it for too long. I have never been much of a fan of pain inducing activity.

It is not to dissimilar from EFT... emotional freedom technique, which dose cause me some pain when I do certain points.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

How did Lymphatic Massage come into being if the lymph nodes are avoided?

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    Putting my massage therapist hat on here...

This technique is of interest to me. Particularly because it is a very old Taoist technique. It is focused on the lymph nodes of the extremities and groin, which we avoid in massage therapy, as they are sensitive and more delicate. A massage therapist will focus more on muscles, encouraging the flow of lymph toward the lymph nodes.

However, gently slapping or tapping these areas (popliteal, supratrochlear) and stretching the inguinal node areas, would certainly increase the blood supply to these nodes substantially, thus stimulating and increasing the activity of these lymph nodes.
    And most of us are aware of what goes on in the lymph nodes...major clean up job by the lymphocytes of toxins and diseases (antigens and pathogens) before it (lymph, interstitial fluid) is returns to the blood supply.

I can see how this technique would assist in the pursuit of good health, giving the lymphatic/immune system a turbo boost. These nodes are often scrunched up by the joints they are housed in. I do think, however, that bruising would be a sign that you've over done it a little...although it could be a case of building up a tolerance to light slapping. Easy bruising can be a symptom of irregular health in itself and may be only an initial, or temporary response to this treatment.

I think tapping or light slapping (tapotement) sounds beneficial, and would be more effective in these locations rather than applying pressure, just because the nodes are so sensitive.

It would be interesting to hear what Modwiz, also a massage therapist, has to say on this topic also. Yo, Bro!
    Or anyone else with a related understanding...Sister Nearing?

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

You massage toward the lymph nodes, not the actual nodes themselves.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

meeradas (24th July 2012)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

In contrast with what some may think or have stated in this thread, I don't have self abuse issues either. I don't feel a need to punish myself to get purified (which is what self flagellation is all about isn't it?). on the contrary!
    Just trying to find ways to improve my health and well being.

My heart rate is still better Arrowwind, thanks for asking.
    It is since the use of this technique that I found improvement in this for the first time since I discovered about my fast heart rate.
    It is still fast in parts of the day, but there are now many times in the day that I experience a heart rate of 60 to 80 bpm. Quite an improvement in my op opinion.

About the bruises: I got them only in the left arm (inner part of the elbow) for the first two days and after that never saw any bruising. I must say that I don't bruise easily, but my girlfriend (who does bruises easily) saw that bruising on her left arm disappear after a few days as well.

My feeling about the slapping is that it is indeed a little painful in a way (and that is why I always keep an open eye for a method with the same benefits but without pain), but so is taking a cold shower in the morning and we all know how refreshed and awake we feel after taking one. I am not so attached to the idea that improving the health must be painless at all cost.
    After a week or so, I felt acclimatised to the slapping and felt no more or little pain.

Thank you very much NTEK, for the videos that you provided.
    and Welcome on Project Avalon.
    I have not seen them all the way yet, but I find them of great interest.

Thank you also Lettherebelight, for your insights in the lymph nodes in regard to this.

My experience with this so far is that it does help to improve health and in some areas more then others ( My rheumatoid knee for instance improved dramatically when I started slapping it), but it is not something that cures all diseases.
    We would be so lucky if we ever found one

edit to add:
    Quote Posted by Wiremu2011 (here)
    This thread is ironic for me, as I've recently re-visited EFT or in my case, Faster EFT by Robert Smith. After having been encouraged by Bruce Liptons interview on the power of conciousness and his endorsement of EFT to shift all subconscious "blocks", I had to look at it again.
    I've since been practicing the much simpler and fast acting response from the Robert Smiths technique and I have to say I'm absolutely blown away with the change that has happened to me since.
    Obviously much gentler, but works on the same meridian principle as the slapping one would think. I ability to relax in any situation is very noticeable and pretty much what I was hoping for.
    It's another fantastic way to process your fears as inelia endorses with her meditations. Very important and vital IMHO.
    Check it out, it's equally worth the time to investigate and see if it'd be of any benefit for you. Cheers
    Thanks for your experiences Wiremu2011.
    Do you have some links to provide to look into this?
    I must say that I tried EFT before and came up empty handed because the part where you have to use positive confirmations doesn't work for me that well.
    Is this faster EFT also with or without positive confirmations?
    Last edited by Eram; 23rd July 2012 at 20:55.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012), NTEK (24th July 2012), RunningDeer (24th July 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    You massage toward the lymph nodes, not the actual nodes themselves.
    the way I do it the lymph nodes often get massaged.
    It depends on the state of the lymph nodes. If they are congested they get massaged.
    Elsewise I leave them alone to do their work.
    There are many different points of view in massage.
    Massage can encompass all body parts that are touchable, aside from muscle, including organs, fascia, bone, anything really.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012)

20. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    My experience with this so far is that it does help to improve health and in some areas more then others ( My rheumatoid knee for instance improved dramatically when I started slapping it), but it is not something that cures all diseases.
    We would be so lucky if we ever found one
    Quote Posted by Wiremu2011 (here)
    OK. I just tried it on my arm. Bruising came up right away but not as bad as in some of the films, and I didnt even slap very hard. I figure if light to moderate slapping causes bruising that is hard enough for now. I will do the soles of the feet and head this evening. Family came over and Im not to inclined for an audiance at this point. I am also limiting myself to 75 slaps for now.

And talk about fear... when i saw the bruising come up it did stimulate fear. I got much more bruising on my left side than the right.
    I dont fully understand this process nor have direct experience with it so thats why the fear I suppose. We are so taught to fear such changes in our body. We are programed since childhood by fretting parents and teachers with every petty little incident to fear damage to our bodies. I recall the story of a psychic surgeon who started his work as a young boy, at about the age of 12, when he fell out of a tree and a branch pierced his thigh. He pulled it out and held his hands over it and it healed right away. I doubt he had to much fear running to perform that feat. He went on to do surgery without scaple on thousands

When my sons were young they liked to climb trees. Well, Ive had a fear of heights for a long time but I didnt want them to acquire it. I would have to walk away and keep my mouth shut when they did such things, and later I would encourage them and help them find instruction. Now they are snow boarders that fly through the air and rock climbers with hooks and ropes and all... and I still cant watch, but my insistence on not projecting my fear to them allowed them to unfold naturally. Over th e years since then I have even conquered much of my own and can now do things I could not at one time. Most (but of course not all) of fear is in the head based on irrational thought.

In any healing process, procedure or sacrament, there is always room for positive confirmations. We are a mind body complex so work them together. And next time I will use an affirmation to counter those sensations of fear that came up.

Waky- it was most interesting to hear that the bruises subsided and did not return in just a couple of days. So what does that really say? .... something quite profound, I am suspecting.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th July 2012 at 01:39. Reason: fix quoting

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012), NTEK (24th July 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012), ulli (23rd July 2012)

22. Link to Post #72
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

effective way to bring ourselves into the moment

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), meeradas (24th July 2012), nearing (23rd July 2012), NTEK (24th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

This is very interesting. I can see how this could work to stimulate lymph drainage and blood flow to certain areas that don't get that much naturally. I am not so sure that it must be done so vigorously and for so long that petechiae form though!

A lighter 'slap' for a shorter time should stimulate well enough. I can't opine on whether this is similar to EFT as I don't know anything about that technique. It sounds like more of a mental or emotional therapy where this is more physical?

I am intrigued!
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Eram (23rd July 2012), Lettherebelight (23rd July 2012), meeradas (24th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #74
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,617 times in 21,526 posts

The interaction between Ilie, 9eagle9 and myself was becoming a bit of a digression from this thread, so I moved those posts to a new thread Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao - Digression.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Earth Angel (11th June 2018), Eram (25th July 2012), NTEK (24th July 2012), RunningDeer (24th July 2012)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

So I have done my whole body, at least the areas shown in the films I watched, head, arms, knees, feet...oh the groin... I forgot that one.. will do that later.

anyway the only place I bruised was on my antecubitals... and only one small bruise on my rt knee. Afterwards it feels pretty good.... stimulated and more alive.

I will repeat tomorrow.

Nearing... I suspect that the slapping will cause brusing even if lighter if there is stagnation there. I was stunned at how rapidly I bruised and I didn't do it all that hard. After about 10 slaps I could see it just spilling out and it was a bit alarming,, thinking, OMG! internal hemorragh! out of that single vein that is visible in my left anticub., the one dedicated to needle sticks when required. I did it much harder on my legs though, thinking that they could handle it and just barely a bruise there, but I could feel energy coursing up and down my lower legs for quite a while afterwards.

Generally with lymphatic massage, it is very light touch... the general rule of thumb is the weight of a nickle on the body. Ive had a number of lymphatic drainage massages done in the past and found it very soothing but it did not decrease swelling, which was the intent at the time. What really decreases swelling is light compression wraps... that does amazing things and I ve seen elephant legs return to normal after lymphatic wrap therapy... wish i could remember its tech name... but dont recall right now. We would order it for nursing home patients. Doesnt work if the cause is cardiac though.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (24th July 2012), nearing (29th July 2012)

30. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 times in 215 posts

Very enjoyable thread...

I agree the Lymphatic System gains benefits from this technique though it seems to me that the main aims are to correct and restore the flow of chi, unblocking the meridians throughout the body and to repair the heart.

I am going to try out both the stretches and patting/slapping over the next few weeks at least and will report back.
    Leave no stone unturned...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Timreh For This Post:

Lettherebelight (24th July 2012)

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SoulAppreciation (here)
    Very enjoyable thread...

I agree the Lymphatic System gains benefits from this technique though it seems to me that the main aims are to correct and restore the flow of chi, unblocking the meridians throughout the body and to repair the heart.

A congested chi can show up as lymphatic stagnation, among other things. There is little out there to deal with lymphatic issues in conventional medicine or even in alternative medicine outside of Chinese. Massage has always been a leader, then herbs as well, including cleavers. Sauna, sweat, and most importantly is castor oil packs on the congested lymph areas and certainly not to foget packs on the peyers patches located in the abdomen. The other little secret is the use of the mini trampoline and the process of Thixotrophy, that promotes an cellular interchange of fluids promoted by rebounding on a mini trampoline.

It is always exciting to me to find ways to stimulate healing and health that requries no purchases, no apparatus, no highly specialized education, no authorities.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Timreh (24th July 2012)

34. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Smile Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Hello everyone… before I begin, some disclaimers:

* I'm not a doctor/physician.
    * I'm not an agent of Master Xiao and have no financial linkages.
    * All explanations and suggestions are based on Master Xiao's seminars/workshops/Q&A sessions as per my level of understanding and also from practicing Lajin-Paida (拉筋拍打/stretching-slapping) myself.
    * Some essence is lost in translation and I’ll try to translate to the best of my bilingual proficiency.
    * I’m not trying to convince anyone… just sharing and contributing to improve knowledge on this practice.

@ Wakytweaky:
    Its my pleasure to share the vids. I'm beginning to like this forum... its different For your knee, may i suggest you continue the slapping (front+back+sides) for 10 mins and do the stretching for at least 10 mins per leg if you can... the longer the better (FYI, Master Xiao's mum do hers for 40 mins each leg) and you should see improvement. From my own experience, the knee will be warm from within after the slapping and the leg will feel very light/loose/longer after the stretching.

@ Arrowwind & bluestflame:
    “We are a mind body complex so work them together”
    “effective way to bring ourselves into the moment”

Yes. Exactly.

As we slap ourselves, we feel pain at the spot. Because of the pain, our mind is now focused on our body area, and not drifting elsewhere (like the stock market, yesterday’s TV series or tomorrow’s office work). The pain puts us in the present, solely intend on our body, “bringing ourselves into the moment”… the “mind body complex” working together.

Do It Yourself… With Your Hands
    It is thus best to do the slapping ourselves as it brings the mind and body together… and it is best to use our bare hands and not some dead/non-living slapper/stick. This is because there is live Qi/energy (气) within our very own hands and as we slap, we are channeling that Qi to the slapped area, and we are also working out the meridians on our palms.

When we slap with our palms, especially on others, our palm will also feel pain and thus we are conscious of the degree of pain and not over hit to cause injury. With a slapper/stick, over use of force may arise and pose an injury problem.

痧 (Poison Blood)
    The “bruising” experienced is not the same bruising our body suffers when we knocked against hard objects like the edge of table. Our open palms are soft, with a layer of flesh and not hard like wood. This method of slapping is actually called 吊伤 (dao shang) in Tao (道), which literally means “lifting injury” – lifting up our injury/illness from our body... something like “fishing” our injury/illness out of our body.

We are therefore using our palm to fish out whatever is ailing us and the resultant “bruising” is called 痧(sha) which Master Xiao translate as “poison blood”. It is exactly this poison blood that we want to fish out of our body to achieve healing… and there is more.

The presence of poison blood is an indication of health issues or illness and many a times they indicate hidden/latent illness that are not full blown yet and usually goes undetected by modern medical equipment. Thus, the appearance of poison blood is a good tell-tale sign of our true body condition and serves as an early warning signal.

The position where the poison blood appear on our body tells us the specific health issues or illness we have. We can easily check the meridian chart to find out which specific organs are having problems as each meridian governs certain organs like heart, liver, lungs, spleen, kidneys, etc.

The color of the poison blood reveals the severity of the illness/problem. As a rule of thumb, the darker the color, the more serious is the issue. Colors of the poison blood ranges from redish, purplish to blackish and we can consider the health issues as mild, intermediate to serious correspondingly.

However, there is no need to fear should we see blackish poison blood surfacing… in Master Xiao’s words “I want to congratulate you!” Why the congratulation? Because we have managed to fish out these illnesses/problems from our body as represented by these poison blood! With regular and diligent slapping and stretching, the poison blood will disperse and the illness/problem dissolved (化 hua). It’s really that simple.

Lajin-Paida Basis
    The root logic of Lajin-Paida is very simple. This is how Master Xiao puts it:

1. All illnesses, be it just a light flu or cancerous tumor, is due to blocked Meridian (经络不通 Jing Luo Bu Tong).

2. To heal, all we need to do is clear all Meridian blockages (打通经络 Da Tong Jing Luo).

He explained that many external treatment methods employed by practitioners, such as acupuncture (针灸), cupping (拔罐), moxibustion (艾灸), tui-na (推拿), etc, all strive to do only one thing – to clear meridian blockages and thereby allowing the Qi/energy (气) and blood (血 Xue) to flow in harmony.

However, these methods are difficult to learn and even if one manages to master any of them, one still cannot effectively apply the methods on themselves, thus unable to self-heal effectively. On the contrary, Lajin-Paida is very easy to learn and can be self administered, achieving self-healing.

Based on the numerous case studies Master Xiao had gathered so far, this method of Lajin-Paida is effective in treating quite a range of illnesses/problems, ranging from hypertension, high/low blood pressure, diabetics, women's problem, children's sickness, oldness hunch-back, deafness, mental illness, etc, and more positive evidences are still mounting daily as more people gave their testimony/feedback to him. Thus, we may indeed have found the "something" that cures most/all diseases.

Road Blocks
    Nevertheless, as Master Xiao explained, there are two things stopping any individual to effectively practice Lajin-Paida:

1. Laziness (懒 Lan)

2. Doubt (疑 Yi)

Laziness
    We are humans and we do tend to be lazy at times (or most times?). This practice requires some determination and diligence to really achieve complete healing of our specific issues. Most common question asked during Q&A: “How many times must we do and each time for how long?” and Master Xiao’s standard answer (which Earth Angel love):

"If you want more health benefits, practise more often,

If you want less health benefits, practise less often,

If you don't want any health benefit, then don't do it."

Doubt
    To many, this is something “new” and naturally we will be skeptics (This is actually NOT some newly invented practice… been around since ancient China). With doubt, our slapping will be softer, less concentrated and our stretching will be mild, less robust… and some may not even want to give it a try, but keep questioning it instead. Master Xiao’s usual phrase: “Just Do It”.

In doing, we feel, we experience and we can then decide.

Pain Because Blocked
    Chinese meridian studies have a saying “通则不痛, 痛则不通“ (Tong Ze Bu Tong, Tong Ze Bu Tong) literally means “Unblock No Pain, Pain Is Block”. As such, should we feel pain when we slap or stretch, it means our meridian is block. Some of us may even feel great pain with the slightest of slap and this is an indication of serious blockage and should target slap it more. The more you slap/stretch, the less blockage, the less pain.

Two Extreme Results
    Those who follow and practice this Lajin-Paida may encounter one of two extreme results:

1. Immediate relieve of pain area

2. Increased pain in affected area and/or additional other areas feeling pain where normally they don’t (气冲病灶)

Most people fall under the first category. The problem area (e.g. back) will immediately get a whole lot better after just one session. All is happy.

However, some of us may belong to group 2. People in this group will experience气冲病灶 (Qi Chong Bing Zao), literally translated as “Energy Rush Illness Stove”. Pardon my limited bilingual capability as I’m unable to give a more fitting translation.

What it means is that the blocked meridians are too severely obstructed and the pressure applied there while doing stretching or slapping for the first few times, is trying to release this blockage. This process creates tension and thus pain arises and will be at a higher level than usual.

This is normal and is a good sign.

This is the turning point (darkness before dawn/silver lining) before full healing is achieved. What is happening is that the long hidden/latent internal poison/toxin is surfacing out and what we must do is to continue the stretching or slapping (or both) in order to accomplish total detoxification.

If the internal poison/toxin is not lifted out but remain within, it will stay hidden and relapse when we are older with reduced immunity. By that time we will suffer even more due to our old age and its prolonged manifestation.

Myself
    I’m currently practicing Lajin-Paida and have just started some days ago. I’m sticking to stretching 10 mins per leg, twice a day (morning & night) and will lengthen the time progressively. As for slapping, I’m more lazy, slapping only now and then.

There is something of interest which I want to report and share.

As I slapped the back of my left hand, I felt a kind of “sour” pain in my left wrist. After 10 mins of slapping, a faint dark spot appeared on my left wrist. It’s not as clear as the typical poison blood.

Then I remembered I sprained my left wrist when I was young and most probably my old injury did not fully heal the last time. The dark spot and “sour” pain I felt should be the residue injury being lifted out.

The pain wasn’t severe… I can still rotate my wrist fully and use my left hand but it had this nudging pain. I left it alone for about two days and then I slapped the back of my left hand again and at this pain spot too. When I’m done, the wrist and hand was warm from the inside and the “sour” pain had dissolved totally.

Master Xiao did mention that through this slapping method, old unhealed injury can be treated and this is probably my case.

Ok, I have shared quite a bit and maybe some points had been covered in the video clip so pardon any repetition. Hope that after reading my lengthy post, fellow members can have an enhanced understanding of this Lajin-Paida practice.

If time permits, I’ll try to translate and post some factual case studies from Master Xiao’s Chinese blog for the benefits of those who are interested.

Below is a coming workshop for German speaking and European Avalon members interested in Lajin-Paida. I'm sorry that the registration deadline (15 July 12) had already passed at this time of posting, but the contact details are available should you want to find out about any future workshop:

Workshop
    Master Xiao will be in Germany to conduct the first European 7-day Lajin-Paida workshop/retreat:

Der erste Workshop über Paida Lajin wird in kurz in Deutschland stattfinden
    Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e7un.html

Date: 2012 August 12 - 18
    Address: Landhotel zur alten kaserne, Frauengrund 3, 96106 Ebern, Deutschland
    Organiser: Gesundheit-aktiv Deutschland, www.gesundheitaktiv.org, info@gesundheitaktiv.org

Workshop Agenda:
    禅跑 - Zen running
    禅坐 - Meditation
    辟谷 - Fasting
    自愈法专题讲座 - Self-healing theory
    拍打自愈法学习 - Paida/slapping self-healing practical
    拉筋自愈法学习 - Lajin/stretching self-healing practical
    经验分享 - Experience sharing

Limited to 30 pax, deadline 15 July 2012

Anmeldung unter der Adresse: Studio –die Kunst des Dao
    Tel.: 0049 231 53083474
    Mobil: 0049 163 3639462
    www.lajin-paida-deutschland.com/
    E-meil: lajin.paida@googlemail.com

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

astrid (29th July 2012), Eram (24th July 2012), genevieve (27th July 2012), Lettherebelight (24th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Swan (2nd August 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012)

36. Link to Post #79
    Ilie Pandia

Hi NTEK,

Welcome to the forum.

I was hopping someone would ask the following question in the workshop but did not see it.

"Why the forceful, painful stretching and not a more gradual one?"

Did anyone ask that in one of the Chinese workshops?

The reason I ask is because I've learned (I don't recall where) that over stretching is bad because the ligaments and tendons will sustain mico-injuries and will get inflamed. And I know from experience that if I over stretch the next day I'll be more stiff than the day before.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Eram (24th July 2012), NTEK (25th July 2012), Timreh (24th July 2012)

38. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 times in 215 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Quote Posted by SoulAppreciation (here)
    Very enjoyable thread...

A congested chi can show up as lymphatic stagnation, among other things. There is little out there to deal with lymphatic issues in conventional medicine or even in alternative medicine outside of Chinese. Massage has always been a leader, then herbs as well, including cleavers. Sauna, sweat, and most importantly is castor oil packs on the congested lymph areas and certainly not to foget packs on the peyers patches located in the abdomen. The other little secret is the use of the mini trampoline and the process of Thixotrophy, that promotes an cellular interchange of fluids promoted by rebounding on a mini trampoline.

It is always exciting to me to find ways to stimulate healing and health that requries no purchases, no apparatus, no highly specialized education, no authorities.

Yes I agree with you Arrowwind..

Lymphatic Drainage was a component that was included during my studies, most of the clients that would come in for our clinical training were cancer patients who had a compromised Lymphatic System with the obvious swollen limbs after the removal of some or all of their Lymph Nodes in that area, I enjoyed this gentle rhythmical, relaxing technique.

What I really, really like about the whole idea of this method is the idea of treating the body on multiple levels (I’m sure there are many other techniques to achieve this)
    Or better still getting the body to treat itself!
    Leave no stone unturned...

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timreh For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Lettherebelight (24th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast