+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast

Thread: Hongchi Xiao's self-healing method

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Default Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Kind of reminds me of strapping ...

Quote Strapping is a traditional but very effective method to promote circulation and to build muscle. This guide shows you how to do it, without harming your horse.

Step 1: The benefits of strapping
    Although an older tradition, strapping your horse is still one of the most effective ways to help improve muscle tone, promote circulation and to help build muscle.

Step 2: You will need
    1 clean, dry horse
    1 strapping pad

Step 3: Strap the neck
    Stand on the left side of your horse, to begin strapping him. Start at the neck or trapezium, which are the two bands of muscles, that run down the horse's neck. It is vital that you avoid, the atlas, which is the top vertebrae, the scapula, which is the shoulder blade and the withers! Now with the strap in your right hand, begin to bang the neck muscle, in a rhythmical fashion. In an unfit horse, or a horse new to strapping, start with five repetitions. Stroke your horse with your left hand between each bang. On the sixth repetition, do not bang, but stop the pad directly over the muscle to see if it contracts.

CAUTION! However, always exercise extreme caution when strapping, as banging too vigorously can really bruise your horse!
    Source: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-strap-your-horse

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Phil and I have been doing the stretching together every day with great results in our backs, legs, and shoulders. It reminded me of when I took Karate classes and the stretching we had to do there. Now the idea of slapping the lymph until bruised did not appeal to me, however, I tried it with an empty paper towel roll and so far it seems to be wonderful! It stimulates the lymph gently while making it hum and tingle. This week has left me with less pains and cramping in the body as well as improved circulation in the feet and legs. So far so good.

We are both enjoying doing the stretching together and holding the legs up for each other while applying pressure to the opposite knee down. It's really great for couples to enjoy and adds another dimension of loving contact and healing from both directions.

From the Heart,
    Wormhole

Also: Moving the lymph is as easy as cold shower, hot shower, to cold shower. Going from cold to hot to cold makes the lymph breathe and that is healthy for circulation. Try it! They say to end on cold... if you can stand it!
    Last edited by Kristin; 24th July 2012 at 22:56.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Lettherebelight (24th July 2012), nearing (29th July 2012), NTEK (25th July 2012), Sierra (26th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Also: Moving the lymph is as easy as cold shower, hot shower, to cold shower. Going from cold to hot to cold makes the lymph breathe and that is healthy for circulation. Try it! They say to end on cold... if you can stand it!

Good to hear you are having promising results.

Dr. Benjamin Lust, who developed much of the hydrotherapy techniques had his patients take showers for 8 hours nonstop to move the lymph. Of course you need really pure water without fluroide or chlorine. I havent tried it yet as you really need to lay down in a tub while doing it but when our house is done I will try it. I have a paper on it somewhere.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Thank you for this and this is not a post to be missed if you are looking into this technique.

Quote Posted by NTEK (here)
    Hello everyone… before I begin, some disclaimers:

* I'm not a doctor/physician.
    * I'm not an agent of Master Xiao and have no financial linkages.
    * All explanations and suggestions are based on Master Xiao's seminars/workshops/Q&A sessions as per my level of understanding and also from practicing Lajin-Paida (拉筋拍打/stretching-slapping) myself.
    * Some essence is lost in translation and I’ll try to translate to the best of my bilingual proficiency.
    * I’m not trying to convince anyone… just sharing and contributing to improve knowledge on this practice.

@ Wakytweaky:
    Its my pleasure to share the vids. I'm beginning to like this forum... its different For your knee, may i suggest you continue the slapping (front+back+sides) for 10 mins and do the stretching for at least 10 mins per leg if you can... the longer the better (FYI, Master Xiao's mum do hers for 40 mins each leg) and you should see improvement. From my own experience, the knee will be warm from within after the slapping and the leg will feel very light/loose/longer after the stretching.

@ Arrowwind & bluestflame:
    “We are a mind body complex so work them together”
    “effective way to bring ourselves into the moment”

Yes. Exactly.

As we slap ourselves, we feel pain at the spot. Because of the pain, our mind is now focused on our body area, and not drifting elsewhere (like the stock market, yesterday’s TV series or tomorrow’s office work). The pain puts us in the present, solely intend on our body, “bringing ourselves into the moment”… the “mind body complex” working together.

Do It Yourself… With Your Hands
    It is thus best to do the slapping ourselves as it brings the mind and body together… and it is best to use our bare hands and not some dead/non-living slapper/stick. This is because there is live Qi/energy (气) within our very own hands and as we slap, we are channeling that Qi to the slapped area, and we are also working out the meridians on our palms.

When we slap with our palms, especially on others, our palm will also feel pain and thus we are conscious of the degree of pain and not over hit to cause injury. With a slapper/stick, over use of force may arise and pose an injury problem.

痧 (Poison Blood)
    The “bruising” experienced is not the same bruising our body suffers when we knocked against hard objects like the edge of table. Our open palms are soft, with a layer of flesh and not hard like wood. This method of slapping is actually called 吊伤 (dao shang) in Tao (道), which literally means “lifting injury” – lifting up our injury/illness from our body... something like “fishing” our injury/illness out of our body.

We are therefore using our palm to fish out whatever is ailing us and the resultant “bruising” is called 痧(sha) which Master Xiao translate as “poison blood”. It is exactly this poison blood that we want to fish out of our body to achieve healing… and there is more.

The presence of poison blood is an indication of health issues or illness and many a times they indicate hidden/latent illness that are not full blown yet and usually goes undetected by modern medical equipment. Thus, the appearance of poison blood is a good tell-tale sign of our true body condition and serves as an early warning signal.

The position where the poison blood appear on our body tells us the specific health issues or illness we have. We can easily check the meridian chart to find out which specific organs are having problems as each meridian governs certain organs like heart, liver, lungs, spleen, kidneys, etc.

The color of the poison blood reveals the severity of the illness/problem. As a rule of thumb, the darker the color, the more serious is the issue. Colors of the poison blood ranges from redish, purplish to blackish and we can consider the health issues as mild, intermediate to serious correspondingly.

However, there is no need to fear should we see blackish poison blood surfacing… in Master Xiao’s words “I want to congratulate you!” Why the congratulation? Because we have managed to fish out these illnesses/problems from our body as represented by these poison blood! With regular and diligent slapping and stretching, the poison blood will disperse and the illness/problem dissolved (化 hua). It’s really that simple.

Lajin-Paida Basis
    The root logic of Lajin-Paida is very simple. This is how Master Xiao puts it:

1. All illnesses, be it just a light flu or cancerous tumor, is due to blocked Meridian (经络不通 Jing Luo Bu Tong).

2. To heal, all we need to do is clear all Meridian blockages (打通经络 Da Tong Jing Luo).

He explained that many external treatment methods employed by practitioners, such as acupuncture (针灸), cupping (拔罐), moxibustion (艾灸), tui-na (推拿), etc, all strive to do only one thing – to clear meridian blockages and thereby allowing the Qi/energy (气) and blood (血 Xue) to flow in harmony.

However, these methods are difficult to learn and even if one manages to master any of them, one still cannot effectively apply the methods on themselves, thus unable to self-heal effectively. On the contrary, Lajin-Paida is very easy to learn and can be self administered, achieving self-healing.

Based on the numerous case studies Master Xiao had gathered so far, this method of Lajin-Paida is effective in treating quite a range of illnesses/problems, ranging from hypertension, high/low blood pressure, diabetics, women's problem, children's sickness, oldness hunch-back, deafness, mental illness, etc, and more positive evidences are still mounting daily as more people gave their testimony/feedback to him. Thus, we may indeed have found the "something" that cures most/all diseases.

Road Blocks
    Nevertheless, as Master Xiao explained, there are two things stopping any individual to effectively practice Lajin-Paida:

1. Laziness (懒 Lan)

2. Doubt (疑 Yi)

Laziness
    We are humans and we do tend to be lazy at times (or most times?). This practice requires some determination and diligence to really achieve complete healing of our specific issues. Most common question asked during Q&A: “How many times must we do and each time for how long?” and Master Xiao’s standard answer (which Earth Angel love):

"If you want more health benefits, practise more often,

If you want less health benefits, practise less often,

If you don't want any health benefit, then don't do it."

Doubt
    To many, this is something “new” and naturally we will be skeptics (This is actually NOT some newly invented practice… been around since ancient China). With doubt, our slapping will be softer, less concentrated and our stretching will be mild, less robust… and some may not even want to give it a try, but keep questioning it instead. Master Xiao’s usual phrase: “Just Do It”.

In doing, we feel, we experience and we can then decide.

Pain Because Blocked
    Chinese meridian studies have a saying “通则不痛, 痛则不通“ (Tong Ze Bu Tong, Tong Ze Bu Tong) literally means “Unblock No Pain, Pain Is Block”. As such, should we feel pain when we slap or stretch, it means our meridian is block. Some of us may even feel great pain with the slightest of slap and this is an indication of serious blockage and should target slap it more. The more you slap/stretch, the less blockage, the less pain.

Two Extreme Results
    Those who follow and practice this Lajin-Paida may encounter one of two extreme results:

1. Immediate relieve of pain area

2. Increased pain in affected area and/or additional other areas feeling pain where normally they don’t (气冲病灶)

Most people fall under the first category. The problem area (e.g. back) will immediately get a whole lot better after just one session. All is happy.

However, some of us may belong to group 2. People in this group will experience气冲病灶 (Qi Chong Bing Zao), literally translated as “Energy Rush Illness Stove”. Pardon my limited bilingual capability as I’m unable to give a more fitting translation.

What it means is that the blocked meridians are too severely obstructed and the pressure applied there while doing stretching or slapping for the first few times, is trying to release this blockage. This process creates tension and thus pain arises and will be at a higher level than usual.

This is normal and is a good sign.

This is the turning point (darkness before dawn/silver lining) before full healing is achieved. What is happening is that the long hidden/latent internal poison/toxin is surfacing out and what we must do is to continue the stretching or slapping (or both) in order to accomplish total detoxification.

If the internal poison/toxin is not lifted out but remain within, it will stay hidden and relapse when we are older with reduced immunity. By that time we will suffer even more due to our old age and its prolonged manifestation.

Myself
    I’m currently practicing Lajin-Paida and have just started some days ago. I’m sticking to stretching 10 mins per leg, twice a day (morning & night) and will lengthen the time progressively. As for slapping, I’m more lazy, slapping only now and then.

There is something of interest which I want to report and share.

As I slapped the back of my left hand, I felt a kind of “sour” pain in my left wrist. After 10 mins of slapping, a faint dark spot appeared on my left wrist. It’s not as clear as the typical poison blood.

Then I remembered I sprained my left wrist when I was young and most probably my old injury did not fully heal the last time. The dark spot and “sour” pain I felt should be the residue injury being lifted out.

The pain wasn’t severe… I can still rotate my wrist fully and use my left hand but it had this nudging pain. I left it alone for about two days and then I slapped the back of my left hand again and at this pain spot too. When I’m done, the wrist and hand was warm from the inside and the “sour” pain had dissolved totally.

Master Xiao did mention that through this slapping method, old unhealed injury can be treated and this is probably my case.

Ok, I have shared quite a bit and maybe some points had been covered in the video clip so pardon any repetition. Hope that after reading my lengthy post, fellow members can have an enhanced understanding of this Lajin-Paida practice.

If time permits, I’ll try to translate and post some factual case studies from Master Xiao’s Chinese blog for the benefits of those who are interested.

Below is a coming workshop for German speaking and European Avalon members interested in Lajin-Paida. I'm sorry that the registration deadline (15 July 12) had already passed at this time of posting, but the contact details are available should you want to find out about any future workshop:

Workshop
    Master Xiao will be in Germany to conduct the first European 7-day Lajin-Paida workshop/retreat:

Der erste Workshop über Paida Lajin wird in kurz in Deutschland stattfinden
    Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e7un.html

Date: 2012 August 12 - 18
    Address: Landhotel zur alten kaserne, Frauengrund 3, 96106 Ebern, Deutschland
    Organiser: Gesundheit-aktiv Deutschland, www.gesundheitaktiv.org, info@gesundheitaktiv.org

Workshop Agenda:
    禅跑 - Zen running
    禅坐 - Meditation
    辟谷 - Fasting
    自愈法专题讲座 - Self-healing theory
    拍打自愈法学习 - Paida/slapping self-healing practical
    拉筋自愈法学习 - Lajin/stretching self-healing practical
    经验分享 - Experience sharing

Limited to 30 pax, deadline 15 July 2012

Anmeldung unter der Adresse: Studio –die Kunst des Dao
    Tel.: 0049 231 53083474
    Mobil: 0049 163 3639462
    www.lajin-paida-deutschland.com/
    E-meil: lajin.paida@googlemail.com

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Carolin (26th July 2012), Eram (25th July 2012), NTEK (25th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

For those trying this technique, but not thrilled at the prospect of bruises, check out bioflavenoids as a supplement.

An interesting article on bioflavonoids here: What Are Bioflavonoids and How Can They Help You Reduce Bruising Easily?

My intuition tells me that some of the slapping in the videos is far beyond what would be necessary to stimulate circulation (blood and lymph), but that is simply my conjecture. If someone bruises easily, or has a diet low in bioflavonoids, it makes no sense to me how a bruise could be a diagnostic tool.

Dennis

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Arrowwind (25th July 2012), Eram (25th July 2012), modwiz (25th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

So Ive done the process twice today as my knowledge of it has grown through rewatching the tapes.

I barely got any bruises on my knees and behind the knees but just below the knees on the internal lateral aspect on both legs I have had an area that has been swollen and sore for years... many years starting with pregnancy 25 years ago.. When I work the points there they throb and I had long given up on that as I never saw any results. I think its probably spleen 9. When I did the slapping on them today they turned radically purple and they ache. So this area and the antecubs of the arms are the only ones to turn purple. It will be interesting to see how long all this lasts with continued practice.

Dennis, I dont think bioflavinoids will to much for this situation... it might help clear the discoloration up more quickly. Acutally if bruising occurs it is viewed as a good thing as it is a release of yin stagnation energy. I've been on biolfavinoids and rutin and high dosages of vitamin c for almost 2 years due to vericose vein issues... but you know what? vericose issues are blood stagnation issues. Those supplments have helped the vericose vein that has been a problem but it has not hindered the release of stagnation with the slapping technique. With stagnation, as explained via Chinese medicine, the stagnation prevents good absorption of nutrition... so maybe this is why people are drawn to such supplements in the first place?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Lettherebelight (25th July 2012), NTEK (25th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Smile Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Hi NTEK,

Welcome to the forum.

I was hopping someone would ask the following question in the workshop but did not see it.

"Why the forceful, painful stretching and not a more gradual one?"

Did anyone ask that in one of the Chinese workshops?

The reason I ask is because I've learned (I don't recall where) that over stretching is bad because the ligaments and tendons will sustain mico-injuries and will get inflamed. And I know from experience that if I over stretch the next day I'll be more stiff than the day before.

Hi Ilie,

Thanks

Nope… so far I have not heard anyone asking that question and of course I have not watched ALL of the workshops/seminars/TV programs posted online in China.

I believe this question did not surface in the dozen or so video clips I watched is because the stretching wasn't perceived by the audiences as being forceful.

Case In Point
    Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e8i5.html

The pictures (taken during the Germany seminar) is of an old Chinese gentleman, Mr. Mao, 83 yrs of age. He came to Stuttgart (Germany) in the 50s and is the former president of the Chinese Business Association in Stuttgart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mao_1.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	17593

He had gone through several operations on his legs and hips and now his right knee can't bend, have mobility issues and need to rely on a walking stick. During Master Xiao's presentation, he sat in the first row, listened intently and couldn't believe such simple method is capable of curing.

He asked Master Xiao to treat him using some other "unique" TCM methods. Master Xiao explicitly told him that this is a self-healing method, the simplest and most effective way that he know. If he want Master Xiao's help, Master Xiao can only teach him to Lajin-Paida.

Old Mr. Mao's daughter is an orthopedic doctor (NTEK: ironic?!) and after several consultation calls, old Mr. Mao decided to give it a try.

Name:	Mao_2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	17594

As what we can see from the pictures, Mr. Mao's left leg remained hanging in the air while the raised right leg was bend, both arms were stiff and remained hanging in the air… like a stiff dried shrimp. Master Xiao then left him lying there just like that… and without strapping the leg or using weights, Mr. Mao was already in pain.

From the pictures, we can gather that the stretching wasn't forceful. Painful? Yes... if meridians are blocked.

Five minutes later, the leg was strapped very very lightly and continued stretching for another five minutes. Once done, he immediately felt the usually very tight leg loosened a lot.

Name:	Mao_3.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	17595

Master Xiao then ask the volunteers to slap both the knees front & back for 5 mins and much poison blood surfaced within this short time.

Name:	Mao_4.jpg
Views:	2390
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	17596

After the slapping, he tried to walk and his years of stiff leg can now actually bend and he held up his bend knee for a photo moment! Mr. Mao decided on the spot to participate in the August workshop in Bavaria!

Name:	Mao_5.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	17597

The point often highlighted by Master Xiao is that we do control the stretch ourselves when we do it ourselves and that is why it's safe. We are not talking about a ballet split here and that is why even 83 year old Mr. Mao can do the stretching.

Of course, as we had seen in the pictures, he had to start gradually. If he diligently practices it, his body will loosen up and gradually he will be able to accomplish the standard stretching practice.

So Ilie, it is gradual, not forceful and definitely painful if our meridians are blocked

Start gradual like old Mr. Mao, with short time period and gradually lengthen the time. That's what I'm doing.

Hope I had answered your question
    Last edited by NTEK; 30th July 2012 at 05:57. Reason: Image restriction issues

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (25th July 2012), Eram (25th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (26th July 2012), Jean-Luc (28th July 2012), minkton (5th August 2012), Sierra (26th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

So here I am starting day three. The bruise on the left anticubital area is considerably faded which I was surprised to see. Yesterday I did the slapping harder and longer than day one and the bruising really didnt increase much after the second treatment. I thought I had been too light on my first treatment after watching the videos again.

It just is not following conventional logic that the 'bruise' would be so decreased today. It is less dark than after day one when one would expect it to be worse after a rougher session on day two. This does not exactly follow the linear progress and thinking associated with a trauma injury.

I started the stretching exercise last night. I am hoping that it will help with injury to the piriformis muscle on the right I had a couple of years ago which I have aggravated again doing gardening... which of course tells me that it has not fully healed in the first place... So that is what I will be tracking.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Lettherebelight (25th July 2012), NTEK (26th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Hi Arrowind, thanks for taking the time to let us know how you are doing with this technique. It is interesting, I now understand that it's not really the kind of bruising that we are familiar with. It will be interesting to hear if you experience any health benefits.
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 27th July 2012 at 09:34.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (25th July 2012), Timreh (25th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

Below is a translated blog entry about a French doctor's experience in the Beijing Lajin-Paida Experience Camp and may be of interest to our French Avalon members who know this doctor and are interested in Lajin-Paida.

Hope you enjoy... Thank you.

NTEK

A French Doctor In Experience Camp (with photos)

Source: http://qing.weibo.com/1573471910/5dc946a63300069w.html

Blog entry dated: 24 Nov 2011

Met Mr. Angles more than six months ago in Beijing and we hit it off very well. He is the Education Committee director of the European Federation of Chinese medicine specialists, and is also the deputy director of the ISN Sino-French Standards Editorial Board.

He has a great command of the Chinese language and is an expert in the Chinese-French translation of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). He is a Western doctor by training and after studying traditional Chinese medicine, he then mainly practices TCM.

He was very curious about the Lajin-Paida practice and made a special trip to the Beijing Lajin-Paida Experience Camp to observe the last time. This time, he finally took part in the 7-day Lajin-Paida Experience Camp and his experience is very inspiring:

I'm Angles, from France, Rodez, 61-year-old, has 10 years of Western medicine clinical experience. First came to China in 1985 and travelled between France and China for the past 26 years.

I like Chinese culture and like studying Chinese medicine. In my clinic, I mostly use acupuncture, herbal medicine, diet therapy and Qigong.

In 1980, I suffered from severe rheumatoid until 1985 and couldn't get it treated in France. I came to China to learn TCM and to seek treatment at the same time. TCM diet therapy and Qigong helped me, and my rheumatoid symptoms disappeared.

I'm a survivor in a 1993 plane crash but my body was seriously injured. I suffered hip bone dislocation and fractures at 25 areas of my body. Again, it is Chinese Tui-Na, massage, Qigong that saved me. But after all these years, my tendons contracted quite badly and my body is very stiff.

I strongly believe in China's TCM.

I came to China in April this year and a friend in Shanghai introduced me to 医行天下 's (Yi Xing Tian Xia - Heal The World) Lajin-Paida. I was very happy to have met Mr. Hongchi Xiao and was very interested in both the theory and practices of Lajin-Paida.

Attended a one-day experience in Beijing and I felt very good as Lajin-Paida let my body become more flexible. Because time was tight, regrettably I had to return back to France. This time, I specially made the arrangement to come to Beijing to experience, learn, and condition my body.

These 7 days, my body's flexibility had great improvement.

My biggest gain is that everyone's attitude was very good and all participants got to know each other very well very quickly; The Chinese healing process is painful but relieve comes very fast.

Also, all these years, my hip bones were tightly contracted and unable to open. From a Western medicine point of view, it can never be opened but here, it successfully opened on day 5.

Name:	Angles_1.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	17589

Picture showing Mr. Angles maximum bent on Day 1.

Name:	Angles_2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	17590

Picture showing Mr. Angles on day 5, several decades of stiff back can now finally bend down with both hands easily touching the floor.

Once I return to France, I want to do three things.

First, I will plan a Lajin-Paida schedule for myself, fixed timing, daily, to Lajin-Paida.

Second, I will also try to establish Lajin-Paida classes

Third, I will bring my relatives and friends to participate in the Lajin-Paida 7-day Experience Camp in China.

Beijing Lajin-Paida Class 26 - French student Angles

November 9, 2011

Name:	Angles_3.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	17591

Picture showing Mr. Angles accepting Paida

Name:	Angles_4.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	17592

Picture showing the now flexible Mr. Angles, who can now easily bend down to touch the floor, excitedly embracing volunteer BaoChang Wang.

Editor's Note:
    Numerous touching stories of people and events are born in every Experience Camp and this class touched me deeply.

61-year-old Mr. Angles, who have 10+ years of experience in Western medicine, since opening his clinic, was unable to treat his own illness, but have come from afar to China to seek medical help and thus planted the insoluble bond with China 26 years ago.

He speak great mandarin and not only love Chinese medicine, he is proficient in the meridians, acupuncture points, and even employ acupuncture and Chinese medicine as clinical treatment.

If a foreigner can love our National Culture so much, and is involved in the positive spread and application, as Chinese descendants, is this not something to ponder?

How many people abandoned the essence of his own country, and even some who willfully obstruct.

When Mr. Angles excitedly said to me: "My situation, if is to use Western medicine, can never be resolved." I feel great pride as a Chinese!
    Last edited by NTEK; 30th July 2012 at 06:13. Reason: Image restriction issues

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (27th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), Jean-Luc (28th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (27th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Yesterday was a very busy day for me so I only did a modified version. I did the slapping on the anticubitals again even though they were still quite bruised in a dark brownish color. I did it longer than before. No new bruising noted after the session yesterday and today almost all the bruising is gone. So what the Master says is true. The bruising will go away even thought treatments continue. I also did the head and the feet.

I did not do slapping on the spleen 9 points on my legs. The bruising is large and signficiant and the areas are sore... but I intend to do it today.

Ive done the stretching exercises 3 times so far and this is the worst... Id rather slap. Even though I am still more flexible than most people it hurts and I really have to get into my breathing to endure 5 minutes of it... I can feel release going on but I seem to be able to only take small amounts at a time. Remember your breathing. release comes through the breath... and even worse than doing the exercise is getting out of the position when your done. I wish they including that breathing message in their teaching. A friend watched me do the exercises yesterday and she thought that perhaps my chairs were too high causing a stretch that is extreme.

Anyone know the height of the bench they use in the class? Could it be that the bench should be as high as the length of your leg from the knee to the floor?
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 28th July 2012 at 14:18.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (27th July 2012), NTEK (29th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

added note here... my friend who watched me do the exercises does them easily. I was astounded to find out that she does such leg stretches daily, one foot down, the other leg up. She is well into her 70's and is in perfect health. I asked her why she does it and she said that she just felt it was right.. she also does a stretch with a rope she has attached to her ceiling that works the upper body in a similar fashion as shown on the Masters website.

When we were having dinner together her face shifted and I saw an old chinese person...( this is something that I experience on occassion) I find her quiet intersting as some one who is held up in this outback region of country, who does oil paintings and claims to be a Baptist but who lives more like a free thinking free spirit.

oh, I will say that yesterday was a very low energy day for me. Maybe because the grass allergies were quite bad and I took a zyrtec.. Those pills can knock me out. Fortunatley hay harvest is almost over.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 27th July 2012 at 15:04.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (27th July 2012), NTEK (29th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Yesterday I did the slapping for a full 5 minutes on all recommended points. (still not the 10 minutes recommended) This is the longest I have done it and the hardest I have done it. Meridian points on my head are no longer sore to touch. I have had no new bruising on either legs at spleen 9 and soreness is reduced. .. (these points had been sore for years) The heart points on the anticubitals also had no new bruising despite increased slapping and pressure.

I think that this pretty much debunks the trauma causes bruising theory. Something else more profound is going on. Today I woke up and hardly any bruise showing on the anticubitals at all.

If someone wants to consider that the bruising that initially showed up was only a trauma mechanism they have to account for why no new bruising came up on successive days with increased and harder slapping. This flies in the face of conventional beliefs..... and btw, I stopped all bioflavinoids and vitamin c for this trial.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 28th July 2012 at 14:20.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (28th July 2012), Jean-Luc (28th July 2012), nearing (29th July 2012), NTEK (29th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Anyone know the height of the bench they use in the class? Could it be that the bench should be as high as the length of your leg from the knee to the floor?
    Hi Arrowwind,

I found this for you... dimensions of the official Lajin-Paida bench:

Bench Length: 108 cm
    Bench Width: 48 cm
    Bench Height: 53 cm
    Vertical Beam Height: 170 cm

Source: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17452932641

Cheers,
    NTEK

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (29th July 2012), Eram (29th July 2012), Timreh (10th August 2012)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

Found this short 30+ mins video about Master Xiao's journey into Qinghai and Xinjiang (China) where he gave free treatment to the people. Audio is in mandarin but with Chinese and English subtitles.

Also featured is Beijing's Lajin-Paida training center, Master Xiao's short biography and his views on humans and nature

Source: Watch on Vimeo

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (29th July 2012), Eram (29th July 2012), Jean-Luc (1st August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (10th August 2012)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

So yesterday I did the slapping again for 5 minutes. I got one small bruise in the rt anticubital area. Elsewise, no new brusing and the first bruises continue to fade.
    On my spleen 9 points on the legs I was pretty concerned because the bruises there were quite bad, but after slapping in that area for 3 days after the initial bruises no new bruises have come, they just continue to fade.

Haven't done it yet for today. Will report tomorrow.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (30th July 2012), NTEK (30th July 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Well, I continue with the slapping.

Spleen 9 points on my legs that had the most significant dark bruising are still present but are quite faded looking green and yelllow iwth a little purprle mixed in. The spleen points are still sore. Continued slapping on the area raises no new bruising. But the long term swelling (like for years) to the spleen 9 points is reduced and I was hoping to see this and am quite pleased about it.

Slapping on the antecubitals did bring up some new bruising yesterday, but very small bruises, less thanone half a centimeter and they did not linger and are gone today.

Also when I started all of this, my hands that did the slapping bruised some. I havent had any of that since after my first session.

I haven't been doing the stretching and wont today cause I wont be home. The stretchng is much harder for me and I have lots of mental resistance to it. I need to find a distraction for when Im doing it.... like I find it much easier to do the slapping when Im watching Netflix. The time speeds by, elsewise its pure mental drudgery. The place that I have to stretch isnt near the tv.

so I guess I succumb to laziness.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (1st August 2012), NTEK (2nd August 2012)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

The stretchng is much harder for me and I have lots of mental resistance to it. I need to find a distraction for when Im doing it.... like I find it much easier to do the slapping when Im watching Netflix. The time speeds by, elsewise its pure mental drudgery. The place that I have to stretch isnt near the tv.
    so I guess I succumb to laziness.
    Haha... its the opposite for me. I prefer stretching because all I have to do is to lye down and "enjoy" the "pain" I'm doing daily stretching of both legs and now at 17 mins each... aiming for 20 mins (for those who had tried, you will appreciate that additional 3 mins can feel like eon...!).

I played ancient classical Chinese music (i.e. Gu-qin, Gu-zheng, Er-hu, Pipa, Dizi) while i'm stretching and just let myself "follow" the music

Before doing the lajin/stretching, I also did some warm up stretches, the type we do before we start jogging, to loosen up.

May I suggest playing some soft/new age music + simple pre-stretching before doing the lajin/stretching? And go easy on the duration the first few times, just do like 1~3 mins and then gradually lengthen.

For slapping... I confess... I'm lazy but i know i need to do them both for best results so will "Just Do It".

LoVE & LiGHT

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (3rd August 2012), Eram (4th August 2012)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

I need to find a distraction for when Im doing it.... like I find it much easier to do the slapping when Im watching Netflix. The time speeds by, elsewise its pure mental drudgery.
    Quote Posted by NTEK (here)
    I played ancient classical Chinese music (i.e. Gu-qin, Gu-zheng, Er-hu, Pipa, Dizi) while i'm stretching and just let myself "follow" the music May I suggest playing some soft/new age music + simple pre-stretching before doing the lajin/stretching?
    I just watched another video where Master Xiao was in a China talkshow program. He mentioned that we should focus on the Lajin-Paida and not have distractions like watching TV or reading a novel because such activities will have a "discounting" effect on the healing process.

When we do Lajin-Paida with full concentration and we focus at the pain or problem area, our Qi will be focused there and healing results will be very much enhanced.

The talkshow host shared his own experience after he did Lajin-Paida, that when he slowed down his breathing, he felt the healing effect much better and Master Xiao concurred.

Hope this helps and I apologize if I had misled anyone. Alrighty... no music and full concentration for me

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (4th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Hi... for those who are interested:

Lajin-Paida seminar in Switzerland during month of August

Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e8qm.html

Received good response from the Swiss medical, expat and business community after self-healing method speech in Germany and France. With much help from enthusiasts around Switzerland, the following seminars will be conducted. Any undetermined details will be posted once confirmed.

First Seminar 21.8. Sargans Kantonsschule
    Dienstag, 21. August 2012
    Zeit: 19.00 - 21.30 Uhr Eintritt frei - Kollekte
    Pizolstrasse 14, 7320 Sargans
    Kontaktperson: Rolf Roth
    TCM Praxis Tian
    Grossfeldstrasse 45
    7320 Sargans
    T: 081 534 37 97
    M:076 576 55 05
    www.tcmsargans.ch
    info@tcmsargans.ch

Second Seminar 22.8. Einsiedeln
    TBD

Third Seminar 23.8. Luzern, University
    Datum: Donnerstag, 23. August 2012Zeit: 19.00 – 21.30 Uhr EINTRITT FREIOrt: Universität Luzern, Frohburgstrasse 3, Hörsaal 5
    Kontaktperson:
    Yan Amrein-Chen
    China Health Institute
    Traditionelle Chinesische Medizin (TCM)
    Denkmalstr. 13
    Eingang: Zürichstr. 16
    6006 Luzern
    Tel. 041 412 08 08
    Fax 041 412 08 01
    info@chi-luzern.ch
    www.chi-luzern.ch

Fourth Seminar 24.8.
    TBD

Fifth Seminar 25.8. Zürich
    Time: 2012 Aug 25 Sat 14:00 - 17:00
    Venue: Haus der Kulturen, Erismannstr. 6, 8004 Zürich
    Language: Mandarin/English
    Register:http://bit.ly/MbfxYe
    Fees: 10CHF
    Deadline: Register before 23rd August
    Chinese Union of Zurich (CUZ)
    cuzinfo@gmail.com
    www.cuz-online.org

38. The Following User Says Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (5th August 2012)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Thanks for all the updates NTEK and Arronwind.

I started with the stretching 5 days ago.
    Pretty strong effects there.
    This specific stretching is at the only place in my body that is as stiff as a board.
    If I do normal stretching with the legs like bending forward and pointing the arm to the ground, I come halfway down between the knee and the feet with my hands... that's how stiff I am there.
    Another thing... I have a tendency to lock my knees (weird) and after stretching my knees don't want to do that , so this feels very good.

ehm... I only stretch for about 4 minutes each leg so far and I don't know if I have the stomach to do it 20 minutes for each leg.

I tried to tap at the joints for about 5 days.
    Sebastion suggested that it would have the same effect and I'm sad to say that it doesn't. (I checked it in different ways)
    So back to normal slapping again.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

NTEK (5th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast