+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hongchi Xiao's self-healing method

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks

Smile Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    ehm... I only stretch for about 4 minutes each leg so far and I don't know if I have the stomach to do it 20 minutes for each leg.
    I had the same self-doubt when I know Master Xiao's mum do it for 40 mins...! Haha Just go slow my friend and diligently too!

Below is a summary of pointers I gathered after watching some of Master Xiao's Lajin-Paida videos and hope they can enhance our understanding/experience.

Master Xiao's points to note while doing Lajin-Paida:

1. Concentrate on pain area and don't get distracted.

2. For slapping, use solid straighten palm and not hollow curved palm as the latter's strength and Qi are weaker/discounted.

3. Ideal time to do stretching is in the morning where the Yang energy (阳气) is rising. If time doesn't permit, any time of day or night is fine.

4. It is best to close all windows, doors, fans, air-con, etc to avoid direct wind/breeze and be fully clothed while stretching or slapping as our pores are opened and may succumb to chills.

5. Under air-con environment, wear long pants and long sleeves to keep body warm. Roll up to slap and immediately unroll to keep warm.

6. Never shower/bath immediately after slapping or stretching. Wait - the longer the waiting interval the better.

7. As with any exercise, don't consume food immediately before or after stretching. Have an interval of 30 ~ 40 mins before or after.

8. After stretching/slapping, drink hot water or hot ginger red-date tea - especially good for those who have weak Qi (i.e. cold hands/feet/tummy).

In addition, Master Xiao added that after a period of stretching/slapping, we may experience pain, sore, bloated, numb, itch, constricted, body spots, farting/pass motion (extremely smelly), belching/burping, phlegm, nauseous, drowsy, etc (气冲病灶).

All these are normal and is an indication that our Qi (气) has found our problem areas, known or unknown to us, and healing/detox is in process. All we need to do is to diligently continue stretching/slapping and let our Qi do the healing job.

Cheers!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (5th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Amazing self healing method from Hongchi Xiao

Well, I missed a couple of days... just to busy preparing for and doing the farmer's market. I suppose it will always be that way on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I managed to do a short session Saturday night... and short isnt really short. 40 minutes to do four areas.

I did the anticubitals. When I started thay were completely clear of bruising. After the session there were bruises on both antcubitals, each about 1 inch across. Although I am slapping harder and longer than ever before, a full ten minutes, the bruising was significantly less than the first session.

The spleen 9 points did have major bruising from the first session and some of it was still present. Again some new bruising came up but in comparison, not much. Before the session I noted that the long term swelling to those points was practically non existant. The shape of my legs has really changed.

How do I feel? I have a lot of energy, even though Im having some major allergy issues with the hay harvest around here and I have to take zyrtec and use visine. Ive run out of alternative methods to control this issue. Working sinus points does nothing. Usually zyrtec knocks me flat and Im down for the count for a few hours each day, but not this time.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 5th August 2012 at 14:05.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (6th August 2012), NTEK (6th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    How do I feel? I have a lot of energy, even though Im having some major allergy issues with the hay harvest around here and I have to take zyrtec and use visine. Ive run out of alternative methods to control this issue. Working sinus points does nothing. Usually zyrtec knocks me flat and Im down for the count for a few hours each day, but not this time.
    That's great Arrowwind! Excellent!

Happy to hear about your progress and really looking forward to your updates :D

LoVE & LiGHT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (6th August 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

I have tried the slapping 3 days now. I got some markings on my anticubitals after the first time. Is this method supposed to increase body heat production? It's making me feel uncomfortable and feverish. I'm going to discontinue now and see if things will improve.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Demeisen For This Post:

Eram (7th August 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Quote Posted by Demeisen (here)
    I have tried the slapping 3 days now. I got some markings on my anticubitals after the first time. Is this method supposed to increase body heat production? It's making me feel uncomfortable and feverish. I'm going to discontinue now and see if things will improve.
    What the method seems to be aiming at is removing Qi stagnation/blockage from where it usually is manifested - joints. Somebody earlier made references to Gua sha and dry cupping which are somewhat similar methods. The ideology can be thought of as enabling heat and stagnation to dissolve when the "markings" appear, that is aimed for in Gua sha therapy. Although the outlook might be gruesome, the feeling can be fantastic.

There is however something that I cannot wholeheartedly agree. When looking at the video interview at the point where the lady conducting the interview starts to slap herself and gets bruised, one trained in chinese medicine can quite easily suspect for her to have weak Spleen Qi, resulting very easily in bruising and hemorrhages. In biochemical terms this could be likened among other things to lack of vitamin C and possibly lack in a few essential amino-acids, leading to lack of collagen or weakness of it(a very usual pattern in western countries, in some cases can be termed subclinical scurvy). Therefore it is questionable imo to encourage her to slap herself in such a way and talk about heart meridian problems as she quite possibly will manifest similar bruising just about everywhere because the Qi in her tissues(muscle tone is weak + structure is weak) is not up to the task of protecting her veins.

So the ideology definitely has merit to it, but shouldn´t be "bought" without more extensive thinking of the chinese medicine ideology - or western or ayurvedic etc. for that matter. Over-simplification might occur that might be harmful for certain individuals.

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 7th August 2012 at 07:53.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Demeisen (7th August 2012), Eram (7th August 2012), Swan (7th August 2012)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    There is however something that I cannot wholeheartedly agree. When looking at the video interview at the point where the lady conducting the interview starts to slap herself and gets bruised, one trained in chinese medicine can quite easily suspect for her to have weak Spleen Qi, resulting very easily in bruising and hemorrhages. In biochemical terms this could be likened among other things to lack of vitamin C and possibly lack in a few essential amino-acids, leading to lack of collagen or weakness of it(a very usual pattern in western countries, in some cases can be termed subclinical scurvy). Therefore it is questionable imo to encourage her to slap herself in such a way and talk about heart meridian problems as she quite possibly will manifest similar bruising just about everywhere because the Qi in her tissues(muscle tone is weak + structure is weak) is not up to the task of protecting her veins.

So the ideology definitely has merit to it, but shouldn´t be "bought" without more extensive thinking of the chinese medicine ideology - or western or ayurvedic etc. for that matter. Over-simplification might occur that might be harmful for certain individuals.

UT
    I agree. If one has a history of symptoms like easily bruising it might be better to fortify the system with something first.... but on the other hand could not the blockages in energy have anything to do with why routine bruising easily for the person is happening in the first place?
    It was mentioned that such blockages can impede utilization of nutrients so it may be appropriate to try to eliminate the blockages as soon as possible.
    I suppose it would depend to what degree the resultant bruising is from the from slapping to determine if one should try to fortify with nutrients first.

I have had issues with bruising easily in the past. I resolved it quickly with homeoapthy.... like almost over night. Homeopathy is noted for removing blockages in the energy field. So maybe with this slapping method of blockage removal it still might be the best course of treatment?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012), NTEK (8th August 2012)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

If you are getting a lot of heat I would intrepret that as a release of stored up heat and view it as a good thing. Did you bruise? yes, you said some. I would keep doing it and look for the heat to dissapate over the next few days. Just like some people have too much cold, or damp, some have too much heat

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Demeisen (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), NTEK (8th August 2012)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

If you are getting a lot of heat I would intrepret that as a release of stored up heat and view it as a good thing. Did you bruise? yes, you said some. I would keep doing it and look for the heat to dissapate over the next few days. Just like some people have too much cold, or damp, some have too much heat
    I agree with Arrowwind

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Demeisen (9th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012)

17. Link to Post #109
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

UT
    I agree. If one has a history of symptoms like easily bruising it might be better to fortify the system with something first.... but on the other hand could not the blockages in energy have anything to do with why routine bruising easily for the person is happening in the first place?
    It was mentioned that such blockages can impede utilization of nutrients so it may be appropriate to try to eliminate the blockages as soon as possible.
    I suppose it would depend to what degree the resultant bruising is from the from slapping to determine if one should try to fortify with nutrients first.

I have had issues with bruising easily in the past. I resolved it quickly with homeoapthy.... like almost over night. Homeopathy is noted for removing blockages in the energy field. So maybe with this slapping method of blockage removal it still might be the best course of treatment?
    I agree that it is possible that the system gets fortified by slapping so that the central nervous system, mainly cerebellum can develope a stronger and more coherent impulse to create proper muscle tone and therefore protect the veins better. On the other hand the bruising may very well be from lack of nutrition as I wrote and that won´t be fixing with slapping so much as with eating the needed nutrients to provide body with the goods to produce collagen. As I said, this ideology definitely has merit to it, but should be taken in with consideration.

UT

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

The stretching feels pretty good afterwards.
    If you consider that I locked my knees all my life while standing, am stiff as a board there and have had several times where I had problems with the knees... it's easy to figure, that I have blocked 'Chi' in that area.
    more then one person has told me that my legs have a low flow of energy and I can feel it myself too.

So now that I do the stretching, it feels great (more energy, knees and legs feel much more alive and relaxed), but there is one thing:

I have this very nervous energy rushing through me ever since I started.
    It's keeping me from sleeping properly (tossing and turning) and I have difficulty in relaxing during the day.
    It goes from the stomach upwards to the chest, throat and head. Very buzzing, vibrant, nervous energy.

When I turn inward and ask myself what's happening, I get the answer that it's a healing in process, but it's driving me nuts!
    anyone who understands what's happening, or how I can relax some more?
    Last edited by Eram; 8th August 2012 at 08:35.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Fred Steeves (8th August 2012), NTEK (8th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

21. Link to Post #111
    Ilie Pandia

When I turn inward and ask myself what's happening, I get the answer that it's a healing in process, but it's driving me nuts!
    What I find it helps in my case is not to fight it, but rather stay with it, pay attention to it, be aware of it.

Awareness is always good, but sometimes the mind gets bored and so I fall asleep. Maybe it works in your case as well .

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012), Fred Steeves (8th August 2012), NTEK (8th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    What I find it helps in my case is not to fight it, but rather stay with it, pay attention to it, be aware of it.

Awareness is always good, but sometimes the mind gets bored and so I fall asleep. Maybe it works in your case as well .
    Thank you for the advice and I will definitely try it.
    Can't believe why I didn't think of that myself
    I will do it during the day time any way... see what happens.

So you have the same thing going on then?

24. Link to Post #113
    Ilie Pandia

No, not at this time

I dd experience similar stuff last year and this is what I did.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012)

26. Link to Post #114
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you all for this thread. I was procrastinating over trying this but the promise of 'beautiful results' when slapping for constipation is appealing. By the way, Hongchi Xiao's name in Chinese is 萧宏慈 which can widen the search for videos and images, even if you can't read the text.

The technique looks to be a more violent form of 'tapping', which I was introduced to last month, but haven't really taken to.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GarethBKK For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

28. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Greetings...

Below is an entry from Master Xiao's blog and details the entire process of poison blood emergence and dissolution. Testimonial was provided by two members of Hainan (China) Lajin-Paida campers "Phoenix" & "Fish":

The whole process of poison blood emergence to waning via slapping - Pictures illustration (Part 1)

Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e2i0.html

Many people think that the appearance of 痧 (sha) "poison blood" is because of ruptured blood vessels after slapping. In fact, the presence of poison blood is detoxification and toxin is discharged through our pores, urine, tears, nasal mucus, sputum, sweat, oral and nasal breathing, etc.

The word 痧 (sha) is only found in the Chinese language and illustrates the greatness and wisdom of our ancestors.

There are also a handful of people who really bleed while slapping and this is a good thing as it indicates better efficacy. Those who bleed at the elbow during slapping experience immediate decrease in their blood pressure and immediately alleviate any chest tightness or dizziness.

Slapping psoriasis affected area until area break with pus, bleeding, or liquid is even better. After scab formed, the skin will be totally healed.

Thanks to Fish and Phoenix for the pictures illustration and explanation.

Teacher Xiao,
    These are pictures of a friend who slapped her elbow for a cumulative 51 minutes and the photos showed the whole process of poison blood appearance to dissolution of about 80% of the poison blood.

This set of pictures is helpful in understanding that the poison blood appearing during slapping is not due to ruptured blood vessels. Many friends are worried about slapping rupturing blood vessels and this set of pictures illustrates that poison blood is body's garbage rather than ruptured blood vessels.

The experience by most people when slapping their elbows indicate, using general slapping intensity, slapping for 20 mins is the optimal/peak period for poison blood emergence, continue slapping 30 mins later and we can see poison blood starting to subside/dissolve, and when slapping reached 60 mins, basically almost 80 - 90% of poison blood will dissolve/subside.

For first timers, if time allow, I will strive to slap for 60 mins to fully experience the entire process so that they will understand the whole process of poison blood and laid to rest all doubts of ruptured blood vessels.

Grateful that you taught us such a good health care treatment method.

I wish everything goes well
    Hainan Lajin-Paida camp members
    Phoenix, Fish
    Attached pictures show the process of poison blood receding

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish_5mins.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	17703

After 5 mins - faint poison blood can be seen

Name:	Fish_10mins.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	17704

After 10 mins - emergence of poison blood

Name:	Fish_13mins.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	17705

After 13 mins - increase in poison blood

Name:	Fish_17mins.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	17706

After 17 mins - continue emergence of poison blood

Name:	Fish_22mins.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	17707

After 22 mins - peak emergence of poison blood

Due to attachment limitation, continue on next post.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

30. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

The whole process of poison blood emergence to waning via slapping - Pictures illustration (Part 2)

Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dc946a60102e2i0.html

Name:	Fish_31mins.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	17708

After 31 mins - Because continued slapping increases Yang Qi (Yang energy) and it slowly dissolved the poison blood.

Name:	Fish_37mins.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	17709

After 37 mins - big patches of poison blood subsided, becoming small

Name:	Fish_51mins.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	17710

After 51 mins - most poison blood had subsided, only very small patches remained

(These series of pictures clearly illustrates the entire poison blood emergence and dissolution process, verifying the presence of poison blood by slapping is not the result of ruptured blood vessels. If blood vessels were really ruptured, the "bruising" will only get more serious with time and not subside/dissolve. After 80 mins of slapping, the greenish poison blood can hardly be seen and only some reddish spots remain).

Name:	Fish_3days.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	17711

After 3 days - only some faint red spots remain

As illustrated in the pictures, the "poison blood" is very different from the bruising we normally know. Hope this post can help to enhance our understanding of Paida.

Cheers!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Arrowwind (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Heart-2-Heart (8th August 2012), selinam (26th May 2015), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

32. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

I agree that it is possible that the system gets fortified by slapping so that the central nervous system, mainly cerebellum can develope a stronger and more coherent impulse to create proper muscle tone and therefore protect the veins better. On the other hand the bruising may very well be from lack of nutrition as I wrote and that won´t be fixing with slapping so much as with eating the needed nutrients to provide body with the goods to produce collagen. As I said, this ideology definitely has merit to it, but should be taken in with consideration.

UT
    Proper muscle tone will not protect these vessels that are being slapped in my estimation. They seem to be surface vessels, not vessels lodged in muscle tissue.

Better nutrition will only help if there is a true deficiency... that is, one is not consuminig the needed mineral or vitamin at all or in a normal quantity.
    What I have noted over the years is that a nutritional deficiency can occur even if the person is eating the right things. The origin of the problem lies in the function of the organs, not in what is consumed. Yes, you can power over it by eating tons of the thing one is deficient in but it does not truly address the problem, a malfunction in the metabolic pathway within organ systems, and even in the blood.
    In acupuncture energy blockage is considered the cause of such malfunction, therefore eliminating the blockage could eliminate the deficiency. Master Hangchi Xiao has said in one of his films that if there is energy blockage the nutrition will not be good and malnutrition can become a problem.

But of course this can all lead us into chinese herbology... although the herbs are considered medicine many are also nutritional, providing minerals and vitamins that the diet may be lacking. The best example of a nutritive herb that I can think of is horsetail (and there are many others) that is abundant in silica and the plant is used both in european and chinese medicine to build the vascular system. It heals because it provides the essential mineral in ample supply.

Traditionally acupuncture and chinese medicine (which is mostly herbology) have gone hand in hand, and this slapping techique deviates from this tradition because the herbology does not seem to be taught also. ... and the lack of this herbology knowledge is the downfall of acupuncture in the USA and much of it has been turned into a mickey mouse therapy. ... so to me this Pai-di therapy is not complete and will have limitations to what it can effectively treat.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 8th August 2012 at 17:52.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (8th August 2012)

34. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Good news!

Master Xiao's English site:

http://www.paidalajin.com/en/home/

You can find many useful stuff there like "Successful Cases", "FAQ", "Hot Videos", etc and can even email them your queries or share your experiences!

Enjoy!

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NTEK For This Post:

Eram (10th August 2012), G.Deluca (10th August 2012), Jean-Luc (10th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012), Timreh (31st August 2012)

36. Link to Post #119
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by G.Deluca (here)
    Quote Posted by minkton (here)
    You all might be interested in Gua Sha. Nenuphar, have a google of it and it will explain something to you about stagnation of chi and surface reactions.
    those red marks reminds me of a similar technique my grandmother used,but she used a glass, a match to take away the air and something else inside, i don't remember what
    That's cupping.

Thanks ts for this very interesting topic!

By the way I wonder if we can find a source where connections are drawn out clearly. I tried searching online but

From the video we already know that left arm is connected to the heart. Hands to constipation.

Didn't get the knees, head and the feet though...

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Eram (10th August 2012), skamandar (17th August 2012)

38. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by NTEK (here)
    Good news!

Master Xiao's English site:

http://www.paidalajin.com/en/home/

You can find many useful stuff there like "Successful Cases", "FAQ", "Hot Videos", etc and can even email them your queries or share your experiences!

Enjoy!
    Thank you so much

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Eram (10th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast