+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 4 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cry of Gaia

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re: The Cry of Gaia

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)

Believing only in a universal consciousness can negate personal responsibility.
    There is no need for universal consciousness. Everyone keeps their individual consciousness. Otherwise, it would be quite boring...
    Keep your freedom!

Learning is painful...but still we learn.

Tony
    Being universal unified consciousness does not mean we lose our individuality. Yes i agree that if becoming " ONE " meant that we all become the same energetic expression, then this would be boring. But this is not the case. We are all individual unique expressions of the creation, and we retain our uniqueness whether we are independant or unified. The Ascended Masters are unified but individuals.

Peace

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

777 (26th June 2011), DoubleHelix (22nd June 2011), Jayke (19th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Patrikas (19th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Nicely expressed Bill. And syncronizing yet again. I started a thread on June 13th https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...643#post246643 on how unity consciousness can raise the vibration of humanity but interestingly enough only one comment so far.

Hmmm I thought is this because most members here at Avalon are truth seekers
    ( If you read through the titles of most of the threads here and feel what vibration they express) rather than those that would assist in raising the vibrational frequency of Humanity.

I would be interested in what you all think

Peace
    Hi Billyji,

I think most people decide what threads to read depending on what truths they're looking for, I know i haven't read that thread previously because a 'world wide jerusalem hug' doesn't sound appealing to me, 'world wide hug time' might have caught my attention better. Likewise with your post on that thread about 'What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012 by Carlos Barrios'. If that post was started as a thread of it's own I would have jumped on it, mayans and elder wisdom is something I'm passionate about...'Jerusalem' on the other hand, not so much.

hope this helps

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Billy (19th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), sheddie (19th June 2011), Spirithorse (19th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,768 times in 885 posts

To quote Dennis: "...in stark contrast to the implication (intended or not) that what Bill and Inelia's joint post describes is the low-level half-truth of a dharma tourist, I would assert that what is contained in the original post is a first-hand witness account of a connection to and communication with Gaia. You can choose to believe that Bill and Inelia are lying (it seems to be the sport du jour), or deluded, or you can simply view this as a first-hand witness account of an experience you have not had (yet), and respect it for what it is. Like hugging an alien or out-of-body traveling to other galaxies. One of the things we come together on this forum to do is to allow those with unusual experiences to share them openly with the rest of us that have not had those same direct experiences...."

Interesting thoughts, Dennis. I'm sure when the Pie Man has hugged an alien, he will share it with all of us .

In the the meantime, I do have a sense that this is a belief system that you are describing: many of your assertions remind me of conversations I have had with "religious" people who do not feel a need for proof of any kind as that will undermine their faith. It's the same old argument...

Thoughts?

Love
    Tarka

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

dan i el (21st June 2011), DNA (20th June 2011), learninglight (20th June 2011), Lisab (19th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

If all thing eminate from an original energy source and things are made up of atoms and thus energy, then there is a sense of consciousness about them. Some things just are and do not have a mind persay. Energy is transferred and thus places can have a feel about them. I have been in places of great beauty and it seems all is in balance. Those who go there are seeking that beauty and do not bring strife and discontent and it eminates that energy even more as people continue to share that same loving experience. I have been to places of horrific violence and without knowing it expressed what I sensed and was informed of those events. Were those places thinking? Were they doing anything? Was there a "good" or "bad" presense there to continue that energy and affect people who visited there? I really do not know as I did not see them at the time. I did experience ghosts so terrified it made your hair stand up. They are locked in an energy type loop and can't see the way out. I didn't have time to help them if they wanted it, and just sent loving calm energy to them and pointed to the "door".

The earth is no more sacred than the things upon it. All matter is one, and we will either learn to accept nature, accept ourselves or we won't. Humanity is hurting on so many levels. We are all responsible for this. Beyond sending energy to try to affect change (I hear Yoda, "There is no try only do") I cannot sweep my will over nations who wish to exploit resources including it's people or other nations people. I can only be the change here in a factual sense. I think this is why I really enjoyed the "where in the world is Matt?" videos. He simply danced and brought people together who did the same wherever he went around the world. David showed his love for God by dancing. His own wife mocked him. Told him that it was not proper for the King to do such. I do not think Gaia is a conscious being anymore than my desk is a conscious being. It is a living energy, and powerful with it's rivers, resources, and such. I think the cry of Gaia is the resonant cry of imbalance in our world and the constant drumming of FEAR energy. Maybe my thinking of Yoda is about understanding the allure of the "dark" side as it were. Dancing too can be just a free expression, but if you have been to nightclubs it can also be like a battle or conquest. It's competition for some. It's sexual and base for some. Is that wrong? Man has a competitive side. We like games and we enjoy one upping each other, well some of us do. This past generation has been taught competition is bad, but without that part of our spirit do we strive to do much of anything? Do we invent? Balance is the key, and learning we are not each other's enemies for me is part of the key in my mind to learning to live in harmony and not go down to darker path of beating one another emotionally or physically to lift ourselves up.

I shall dance in spirit today while I work. Happy father's day to all of you gentlemen out there. Hugs to each of you and the families you have created.

Serenity

8. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    A wonderfull post, and I hear what your saying about the earth, the animals and less fortunate people.

But doesn't this all point in a strange way to a necessary cleansing of sorts?
    I share in Bill's love of life and nature. I also share his self admitted particiapation in the consumer culture.
    I drive a car, I burn gasoliine, I eat meat.
    In my opinion, particiapation in consumer culture, even if you recycle and drive a hybrid is still using up the planet.
    It is this, boil it down to brass tacks thinking, that leads me to think that maybe the PTB who are looking to reduce the population,,,,,,,,,,,,,,might be right.
    It's a difficult pill to swallow, but if the choice is no wild forests, wild animals, sealife and no humans left in one hundred years or,,,a necessary cleansing for the posturity of all human kind isn't the latter the better of the two choices.
    I'm not one of those with a ticket to an underground bunker, so I'm going to have my ball in the lottery just like everyone else.
    Everyone thinks the Denver airport mural has an evil portend. And to some extent this is true, but the message to me is loud and clear.
    The world is dying. The animals are dying. The trees are dying.
    We need to bring things under control, so that the world can achieve equilibrium through maintaining a carrying capacity.
    great post, but reducing the population, not the answer, changing the perceptiions of the population is the answer. what if there were only one bird, two trees, three whales in the ocean, ten tigers in the world you get the point. not trying to offend, just thinking out loud cause your post got me thinking, the exchange of energy between people, the earth, nature, ideas, perceptions. we just need to tune our souls to each other and earth as we all are connected, we say this but really everything is connected and trying to balance out. if we can connect with mother earth maybe we can learn to re-connect with each other as enteral souls operating on a vibrational reality. again no disrespect intended I type with pure intentions only expressing opinions, and sit here eternaly happy and positive. wish i could leave the wealthest person on earth here with all money.land,power, food everything and the rest of us move to a new earth and he would get it, sitting in his pile of plunder with no one else, he then would get it. It's the people that make it NOT the trinkets. much love and respect.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

aranuk (19th June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), DNA (20th June 2011), jp11 (19th June 2011)

10. Link to Post #66
    Colombia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Thank you Bill. The words and sentiments you have written here and Inelia's words have moved me to tears. Lately I too have felt the pain of this earth and of its people animals, even the minerals, the micro-organisms. I can barely read what is happening now on this our beloved earth, the pain is so great. I think your advice is good and I will do this that you suggest. Something is shifting, has to shift and will shift if all of us focus our love.
    I did cry too. So much pain. Love you both, Bill and Inelia, for these great inspiring words.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nel For This Post:

Carmen (21st June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Yoda (19th June 2011)

12. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    Is it just me who finds all this shockingly childish and sentimental?

No doubt I shall receive a shower of abuse for saying this...

Lots of love
    Tarka
    now showers of abuse only love, you are a free soul, expressing the moment with your own perceptions. we have freedom here if nowhere else. everyone just wants to help in some small way.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

aranuk (19th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), Tarka the Duck (19th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

14. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

... I do have a sense that this is a belief system that you are describing: many of your assertions remind me of conversations I have had with "religious" people who do not feel a need for proof of any kind as that will undermine their faith. It's the same old argument...

Thoughts?

Love
    Tarka
    I'd guess that 99% of what has happened to me in my life would be somewhere between difficult and impossible to 'prove' to you, so virtually every word out of my mouth and from my keyboard could be seen as merely something for you to dismiss as my belief. Will you believe pie'n'eal if and when he tells you he has hugged an alien? How will he prove it to you if he has that experience? With audio and video and photographic editing software, holographic technology, and methods for inserting false memories into someone's brain, what proof would pie'n'eal ever show that would take you from belief to proof? What exactly would you expect to be given as proof - from anyone - that Gaia is not a hypothesis but rather a real entity?

Perhaps you do not "believe in" anything metaphysical? Or, if you do, maybe you only believe in metaphysical events that have happened to you personally? Or, maybe there is an occasional witness account of a metaphysical event that cannot be proven, yet, for some reason, something resounds within you and you *know* it is true - you accept and believe without proof. There are literally tens of thousands of posts on Avalon that discuss topics that are metaphysical, and though 'real' for some, they are dismissed by others as merely being 'beliefs.' I'd say, if interested, you could start a topic on "belief versus proof of metaphysical events", and we could respectfully admit that we've both subtracted more than we added to this thread of Bill and Inelia's.

Dennis

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

777 (26th June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), QueenKat (20th June 2011)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Your words touched my heart....
    Thank you, Bill and Inelia for sharing your inspiring words....
    Maia
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 19th June 2011 at 19:02.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Melinda (1st July 2012), Yoda (19th June 2011)

18. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

It is so nice to see a thread like this on PA. I had considered leaving the forum for a time, but now it feels like this is a good place to be again.

The path of the Bodhisattva involves many, many learning experiences. There is still some attachment, and so, although one senses the peace and stillness of the Void that both permeates and lies beyond all created things, there is still identification with all that suffers. In a sense, we are all Bodhisattvas, and that in itself is one of the final, liberating realizations of the Bodhisattva before the last fetters are loosened at last.
    Or so we have been told by all the great Teachers, and I do not doubt it.

From another perspective, since we are all eternal beings, we are experiencing all of this at once. It just depends on what our focus is, as to what particular part of the whole we are experiencing at any given moment.
    If we are feeling the great suffering of all things, it is because we have chosen to feel that, perhaps so that we may be spurred on to do something to alleviate that pain.

At other times, we may choose to focus on the bliss of Oneness with all things, and that may also be due to a need to heal, to recharge our batteries, so that we may take the next step on our path. Anxiety comes about when we fear that we will backslide, that we will be caught up again in the delusion of Samsara, or become indifferent to the suffering of others, but even in those states, growth may occur. It is all about finding balance, and yet, we cannot remain in balance all the time, as that would be a kind of stasis. And so we expand as we grow, absorbing and creating experiences of all kinds.

I too have felt the great pain of Gaea in a more pronounced way of late. And I believe, as Bill has expressed, we are at a threshold now.

And it does seem to me, both intuitively and from personal experience that, as many whistleblowers and channelers are saying, there are beings from other worlds and other dimensions who have come here now to help, and indeed, have in some cases been watching over us all along.

Gaea's destination to a higher plane of existence is assured, as that is the goal of evolution on all planes of existence and cannot be denied or delayed indefinitely.
    Those who are not ready have no need to be dragged along, kicking and screaming. The Law of Attraction will place them where they need to be. We can bless them on their journeys and help to light the way.
    Those who are ready will gravitate naturally to the sources of information and inspiration they need to awaken. We can be there for them as they open their eyes to new realities.

Many souls who are not ready for this journey are here just to "get their feet wet", and will emigrate to realities that are better suited to their levels of development.
    They will have experienced something invaluable during their sojourn here, as eyewitnesses to a world that is making the leap from 3D to 4D, an epic journey of cosmic proportions and significance. Though from one perspective, their lives may seem full of unnecessary suffering, we cannot be the judge of what they have chosen to experience or the value therein.

Highly evolved souls more recently arrived will stay to help us make the leap, and then will depart back to their home worlds when they have accomplished their missions here. Their mission is to lead, not to rule.

Those of us who have been here for many lifetimes have the opportunity now to balance our karma at long last and take the next step with Gaea beyond 3 D experiencing.
    The meek, who, trusting in the Process, surrendered to experiencing all the various guises of victim and oppressor, villain and hero, creator and destroyer, will reap the reward and "inherit the Earth". We will have the peaceful home on our beloved planet we have worked toward for so long, though at times, it may have seemed we were striving for the exact opposite.
    But experiencing opposites is the point of dualistic 3D, and so, understanding this, we can forgive ourselves and others for our "bad karma".
    And we can forgive those blind and fearful ones who have lost their way in the darkness, knowing that we too, may have walked in their shoes at some point. They too will find their way in time, and it is not up to us to decide when or how that might come about, though we may offer them our compassion and Light their way as we can.

Many of us experienced the heartbreak of the Fall of Atlantis and those feelings are coming up for us again now. But we learned much from that dress rehearsal. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes, never again to repeat the same mistakes.

This I believe.

Thanks to everyone here who keeps an open heart, an open mind, an ability to share wisdom from the heart, and to share knowledge that can help with the work at hand.
    Last edited by onawah; 19th June 2011 at 17:38.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DebJoy (25th January 2017), exponentialist (19th July 2011), Jayke (19th June 2011), jp11 (19th June 2011), phillipbbg (19th June 2011)

20. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

I took my car into a carwash on Thursday and this song came on https://youtube.com/watch?v=XAi3VTSdTxU suddenly I was in floods of tears because I could feel gaia's cry for help with every fibre of my being more than I've ever felt it before. I was amazed when I stumbled across this thread to find so many others feeling this too.

Then I started thinking about 11.11 - so many are seeing this everywhere at the moment and I thought we could use it in a really good way. If masses of people all around the world focussed their thoughts (even for just one minute) on raising the vibration of the planet everytime they saw 11.11 this would have a major impact

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juliagulia55 For This Post:

Bhusunda (19th June 2011), Carolin (19th June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), jp11 (19th June 2011), Limor Wolf (20th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Patrikas (19th June 2011), Yoda (19th June 2011)

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 times in 254 posts

Thank you Bill for the mind altering post. Sending much love, light and strength to Inelia. It must be very hard to deal with that kind of a gift day in and day out!
    Life is what it is. How you perceive it creates your reality.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carolin For This Post:

DebJoy (25th January 2017), Limor Wolf (20th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Yoda (19th June 2011)

24. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

May I ever so humbly submit that if we all spent 10 minutes a day taking action against the murderers, pillagers of the environment, and war profiteers, we'd get there a whole lot sooner than if we hold them in our collective thoughts and meditate on the morphic fields.

Pick a target this week, haliburton, BP, Xe, monsanto...whoever. Spend 5 minutes writing a letter to a congressman on a key committee, and five minutes trying to convince someone else to write one. Last I checked, 125 people had thanked Bill's OP. 125 people writing one letter a day, every day like it was their job, will get attention.

Spend 10 minutes a day plastering photos that are embarrassing for corporations in public places. Take 10 minutes worth of your salary every day and donate it to a worthy cause. Take 10 minutes a day and...DO SOMETHING.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

aranuk (19th June 2011), dan i el (21st June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), Melinda (1st July 2012), Noble Hops (19th June 2011), Tarka the Duck (19th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

26. Link to Post #74
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    ... I do have a sense that this is a belief system that you are describing: many of your assertions remind me of conversations I have had with "religious" people who do not feel a need for proof of any kind as that will undermine their faith. It's the same old argument...

Thoughts?

Love
    Tarka
    I'd guess that 99% of what has happened to me in my life would be somewhere between difficult and impossible to 'prove' to you, so virtually every word out of my mouth and from my keyboard could be seen as merely something for you to dismiss as my belief. Will you believe pie'n'eal if and when he tells you he has hugged an alien? How will he prove it to you if he has that experience? With audio and video and photographic editing software, holographic technology, and methods for inserting false memories into someone's brain, what proof would pie'n'eal ever show that would take you from belief to proof? What exactly would you expect to be given as proof - from anyone - that Gaia is not a hypothesis but rather a real entity?

Perhaps you do not "believe in" anything metaphysical? Or, if you do, maybe you only believe in metaphysical events that have happened to you personally? Or, maybe there is an occasional witness account of a metaphysical event that cannot be proven, yet, for some reason, something resounds within you and you *know* it is true - you accept and believe without proof. There are literally tens of thousands of posts on Avalon that discuss topics that are metaphysical, and though 'real' for some, they are dismissed by others as merely being 'beliefs.' I'd say, if interested, you could start a topic on "belief versus proof of metaphysical events", and we could respectfully admit that we've both subtracted more than we added to this thread of Bill and Inelia's.

Dennis
    Hello Dennis,
    It's nice to chat with you.

It all depend on how you define reality.
    Every thing, all phenomena has a beginning a middle and an end.
    So has no reality, only a seeming reality.

Once the earth is finally run its course, where will its consciousness be?

Giving consciousness to some thing, is only in ones concepts.
    Concepts also have no reality. When talking of consciousness, there
    many levels, until one gets to very subtle awareness or pure perception.

At each level perception changes.

This is a good thread, just keep going!

All the best
    Tony

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

dan i el (21st June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), Karma Ngedom (24th June 2011), NancyV (20th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), Tarka the Duck (20th June 2011)

28. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,418 times in 2,845 posts

This is a very important truth to realize, thank you both for sharing it, to Inelia, for opening herself to Bill to allow him to perceive Creation through her vantage, to Bill for the brutal honesty of self-knowledge and growth that he shares in all of the trials and travails that we must inevitably experience while attempting to reach some level of gnosis for ourselves. The connection to Gaia is inherent within each of us, but as Inelia implies, our ability to access it lies dormant within us as we are busily distracted by the minutia of the "daily grind". Even as we are distracted, we can "speak" to Gaia as Bill did and rest assured that She hears us, even if we are not aware enough yet individually to be able to bear witness to her many responses to us. It is comforting to be in the company of souls who know they do not have all of the answers, but who seek to share the things they do believe they understand even while acknowledging the possibility of being wrong. Recognizing the individuality of experience while being simultaneously aware of the collectivism of it as well is perhaps an expression of the "middle path" that those of the Buddhist understanding are currently discussing here. Perhaps dissolution within a formative void/amenta/nirvana is not truly the goal, but a truer expression of living here upon this planet we call home, while we are incarnate within the flesh.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DebJoy (25th January 2017), Jayke (19th June 2011), jp11 (19th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Yoda (19th June 2011)

30. Link to Post #76
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

I'm all for people standing on their own two feet.
    As long as they have a leg to stand on!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Karma Ngedom (24th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), Tarka the Duck (20th June 2011)

32. Link to Post #77
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,768 times in 885 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Thoughts?

Love
    Tarka

Dennis

Dear Dennis
    Let me try to explain a little more clearly where I am coming from. I am not one of those fortunate people who is skilful with words, but I shall try...I am certainly no expert in this field and feel a little intimidated by some of the long words you used!

I suppose that I am not so concerned about the physical world out there: I don't want to anthropomorphise it as it is no more real and permanent than I am. I will love and care for my cat to the same degree whether I believe she is conscious or not (in the sense of being self aware). I, like most people, find great beauty in the world - that is easy to do -and truly believe that we must take care of it and all its component parts. Everything is interdependent. And of course, there is much that is not seen as not beautiful - and that, too has a vital role in the drama, and is equally impermanent. It is all part of a relative reality, to use Buddhist terminology.

Whether I believe someone has hugged an alien or not is actually irrelevant, and will probably only result in a "yes I did" "no you didn't" kind of discussion! It is a reality for that person, and that person alone - but it is still only in the relative world. So what does it matter anyway? It only reflects the ultimate reality of its true nature, which is emptiness. I only have a problem when that individual's reality is expounded as fact, without any requests for clarification...

Spiritual practice and experience is surely beneficial without any need for supernatural or metaphysical explanations. In Tibetan Buddhism, there is a name for these experiences: they are called nyam, and are seen as transient experiences which can trap us if we get excited by them and claim them for ourselves with a sense of duality. Far better to acknowledge them for what they are - temporary moments of a heightened experience - and return to the practice of letting be, rather than getting excited! As a Tibetan lama explains: like being a doorman at a big hotel - when the nyam come along, open the door and greet them politely and let them pass as you would with a guest - don't go following them to the loo! Just let them move on, without leaving a trace.

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

777 (26th June 2011), DebJoy (25th January 2017), DNA (20th June 2011), Flash (20th June 2011), Heart-2-Heart (20th June 2011), Jayke (19th June 2011), jimbojp (19th June 2011), jp11 (19th June 2011), Karma Ngedom (24th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), Rainbowbrite (20th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), sheddie (19th June 2011)

34. Link to Post #78
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Dear Bill and Inelia,

I loved your post and replied with a long one at 2:30 this morning only to find the server bounced me for too much time taken so say the moderators. so I better do this quick. I have seen so much happen to the animal kingdom by research, slaughter houses, hunting and also have watched the weather patterns change so much and each time I see the Sunday papers I cringe thinking how many trees have we cut down for this or for the Playboy, entertainment, and news magazines?

I am saddened by so many starving when we have the technology and resources to feed everyone and the greed and corruption that is all part of this. The feminine seems to be taken out of the equation and only the dark masculine energies are there creating more wars, and it is a crime to put a prisoner in a cell for 23 hours of the day for months or years! What is wrong with us? When does it end. I am not a happy camper...thanks for the post . I better stop now before I am dropped again.

Love,
    Star

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star For This Post:

DebJoy (25th January 2017)

36. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Huma,

Thank you for including the link to the video. I was so moved by it I'm sending it on to my sons along with a link to Bill and Inelia's message.

And thank you to all who have responded. Your messages have been thought provoking, inspirational, and given me a renewed sense of being here at this time. Only yesterday I was feeling somewhat down, wondering why, what am I doing here, etc.

I send my love and blessings to all.
    :

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jp11 For This Post:

DebJoy (25th January 2017), Melinda (1st July 2012), Patrikas (19th June 2011), Yoda (19th June 2011)

38. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Recognizing the individuality of experience while being simultaneously aware of the collectivism of it as well is perhaps an expression of the "middle path" that those of the Buddhist understanding are currently discussing here. Perhaps dissolution within a formative void/amenta/nirvana is not truly the goal, but a truer expression of living here upon this planet we call home, while we are incarnate within the flesh.
    There are many paths within the path of Buddhism, but I would say, as a lifelong student of Buddhism as well as other spiritual philosophies, that in general terms when in "beginner's mind" one's mind is still so conditioned that it is nearly impossible to be really cognizant of much more than the "monkey mind"--the one that chatters endlessly and is very much identified with ego or the "little self". At this stage, one is likely to listen to "authority" and much less inclined to think for one's self or risk experiencing directly, outside of the ordinary realm of possibility.
    One may, if persevering enough, experience momentary glimpses of something beyond the ordinary, when the mental chatter has been stilled long enough to permit insight.
    But it is not until the comparatively "extraordinary" realms of consciousness become more familiar territory that the aspirant may begin to really grasp that "Nirvana is not truly the goal, but a truer expression of living here upon this planet we call home, while we are incarnate within the flesh."
    That is the ground and being of the Bodhisattva, the original "walker between the worlds", so to speak.
    It is said that the more a Bodhisattva postpones his or her own enlightenment for the benefit of others, the more that the enlightened state enters into the aspirant's field of consciousness. However, the Bodhisattva does not seek the liberation of self into an ecstatic, formless Nirvana state, but rather the dissolution of ignorance (or separation), which does not exclude anything, but rather includes and becomes more and more open to All That Is, which takes courage.
    The walls of rigid thinking brought about by conditioning dissolve and one is able to see and comprehend more and more of the limitless vastness and endless possibilities of All That Is, not because some Authority has said so and one has believed, but because one experiences that vastness and limitless directly through a heightened sense of awareness or "extrasensory perception".
    (Although if that kind of perception is sought for the sake of itself alone, the perceptions will be distorted and may even be dangerous.)
    But if the heart and intent are pure, all sorts of wonderful and also painful experiences may be the result--the ecstatic state of connection with Gaea as a living entity, however different than the human entity, for example, and the unhappy realization that such a vast entity may also be subject to suffering and the pains of growth and maturation.

And on a side note, as I understand it, Gaea as a living entity is subject also to a kind of transmigration. When her corporeal part, the material planet itself, reaches the end of the natural life cycle, the spirit Gaea that inhabited that material form may take on another form or become formless on a more subtle plane of existence, but like any other living entity, will continue her journey through Oneness.

I have heard it said that planets may evolve into Suns, which makes perfect sense to me.

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

dan i el (21st June 2011), Flash (20th June 2011), Heart-2-Heart (20th June 2011), Jayke (19th June 2011), Melinda (1st July 2012), NancyV (20th June 2011), QueenKat (20th June 2011), Rainbowbrite (20th June 2011), ROMANWKT (19th June 2011), Tarka the Duck (20th June 2011), Tony (19th June 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 4 12 LastLast