+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 5 15 34 LastLast

Thread: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

One of most obvious things that lowers astro in many people's eye is the common horoscope put in the newspaper.

This needs to be based exclusively on the Sun sign. No doubt they do the best they can but that is such a limited approach it hinders as much as helps.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), ulli (17th July 2011), Wings (18th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Do you need the location as well or is that irrelevant?I was told once that location is very important also?
    The location gives the time zone...longitude and latitude....without which the birth time makes no sense.
    The calculation becomes mathematically precise once this data is available, taking into consideration not only the earth's orbit around the sun, but furthermore the earth's rotation around it's own axis.

The workload of the astrologer increases exponentially the more data is available.
    After thirty years I can still discover new info when looking at my chart.

One of my aims here is to trigger genuine interest in astrology setting people on the path of independent investigation.
    To see ourselves as we really are, not as we fantasize ourselves to be; that becomes possible when one's own chart is analyzed.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (16th July 2011), Carmody (16th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), modwiz (16th July 2011), ViralSpiral (16th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

The best way to get a grip on the validity of astrology is to put it to the test.

Robert Hand. One of the best. The transit information (which my 'Venus Trine Neptune' is), is from the celebrated Astrologer and author, Robert Hand, brother of Barbara Hand Clow.

Out there in web-land is a website that goes by the name of 'astrodienst'. It is located at: www.astro.com

On it you can find a place to become a user of the site, which is free.

You enter your birth data (which must be complete, down to the minute), and it will give you a daily horoscope that is specific to YOU at the very important full individual level. Test astrology for yourself on a daily basis.

For example for me, from their website, for today:

For the benefit of all

This can be a very pleasant time, although it is not very good for getting things done. You are more likely to spend time in fantasy and daydreams than in working in the everyday world. But if you are involved in any creative activity that has to develop completely inside your mind before taking physical form, this is an extremely useful influence. At its highest, it enables you to deal with people with great compassion and tenderness. In your close relationships you act for the benefit of all concerned, not only to satisfy your own needs and desires. A relationship that begins during this time has the double potential of being very spiritual or insubstantial and illusory. Time will show you whether it is a real spiritual relationship between "soul-mates" or just a delusion to that effect.

The interpretation above is for your transit selected for today:
    Venus Trine Neptune, , exact at 14:31
    activity period from 15 July 2011 to 17 July 2011

And that is the way my horoscope bounces.

Now, what does "Venus Trine Neptune" mean?

Well, the current position of Venus, in the skies..today..right now...It is 'trining' (at 120 degrees angle in the sky) the original position of Neptune in the sky, during my moment of Birth.

I was imbibed (Absorb or assimilate) with a certain 'angle of entry into me' (modified by the other planets as well) of the energy of Neptune. It's vibratory signature that was of scalar energies..as measured or observed at physical point of my position on the earth's globe, at the moment of my birth.

Now, the real and current energies of Venus in the sky today, is impinging upon the patterns of existence created in me via Neptune at my point of birth. In effect the power of Venus is in good aspect or angle to my Neptune and that is embellishing my Neptunian features I possess with some Venusian features. Those Venusian features also have an individual flavor and type according to where Venus sits in the sky today. A Trine is 'harmonious' alignment, as opposed to a 'square', which is at 90 degrees and 270 degrees.

Good day form me to be doing this, as I was and am. I'm humming this tune in my head right now..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sBpyuSPqWvU
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th July 2011 at 15:27.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (16th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), phimonic (17th July 2011), SHAPE (16th July 2011), ulli (17th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #84
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    If you want to finetune your bulls++t detector all you have to do is invest three weeks of astrology study with a serious astrology website, and then look at whatever else there is out there.
    After a while just a quick look at the graphics can betray the BS level of a given site.
    Thanks ulli. Two questions:

1) Do you recommend for study the website you mentioned earlier as your favorite?

2) What do ya'll think of what David Icke says about astrology, that yes it is accurate, like rolling the bones with Credo Mutwa, but it is still just accurate as part of this false matrix construct, and can therefore be transcended.

Cheers,
    Fred

8. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,604 times in 409 posts

Hello Uli, Carmody and others who have contributed here.

I have never had an interest in astrology because I never was acquainted with anyone with enough knowledge (in my opinion) on the subject.

I have sent you both a PM with my date of birth (not sure of time of birth).

In the following days and weeks, I would like to begin an education on this subject.

Thank you for igniting an interest!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

10. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Hi ulli just checking you got my pm back cos I've never done it before and I know I'm rubbish with all things tech. Don't worry if u have as I've said no rush take your time. Just want to make sure you got it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

12. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    One of most obvious things that lowers astro in many people's eye is the common horoscope put in the newspaper.

This needs to be based exclusively on the Sun sign. No doubt they do the best they can but that is such a limited approach it hinders as much as helps.
    Yet when I worked for two years as a newspaper horoscope columnist, and each week analyzed each sun sign according to the other planets relative positions I got some amazing feedback from the newspaper staff.
    The owner called me in person to tell me that in all the paper's history it had never happened that each and every staff member would open the paper as soon as it came off the press, and went right to the horoscope page.
    Of course it helped that I made it a bit wicked, and naughty, and they all had a good laugh at each other's expense.

Once I told Pisceans that they would be going through home changes, and perhaps buy some home decorating magazines for ideas, and was later told by several that exact thing had happened to them. Go figure!

By the way...a favourite astrologer of mine...apart from Robert Hand whom Carmody just mentioned, is Michael Lutin.
    You can find him on Youtube...he also authored several books and writes the column for Vanity Fair magazine.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (16th July 2011), modwiz (17th July 2011), Wings (18th July 2011)

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Hi ulli just checking you got my pm back cos I've never done it before and I know I'm rubbish with all things tech. Don't worry if u have as I've said no rush take your time. Just want to make sure you got it!
    Lisa,
    You are next in line....there are about ten more after you, but may have to wait till Monday as I have some family obligations this weekend.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

One thing that would help me enormously, and save time at my end, is if people could find the longitude, latitude and time zone including whether summertime was in place at the time of their birth.
    This can be easily found by writing your birthplace in the search box, together with the words longitude and time zone. It just takes a bit of time but would make my job easier.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lisab (16th July 2011)

16. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Go see your family and have a great weekend. Thanks for this thread it's much appreciated x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

18. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    If you want to finetune your bulls++t detector all you have to do is invest three weeks of astrology study with a serious astrology website, and then look at whatever else there is out there.
    After a while just a quick look at the graphics can betray the BS level of a given site.
    Thanks ulli. Two questions:

1) Do you recommend for study the website you mentioned earlier as your favorite?

2) What do ya'll think of what David Icke says about astrology, that yes it is accurate, like rolling the bones with Credo Mutwa, but it is still just accurate as part of this false matrix construct, and can therefore be transcended.

Cheers,
    Fred
    I'm not familiar with what David Icke says about astrology, having followed him only superficially...I never came across any videos where he mentioned it.
    On the other hand I did read what Carl Sagan had to say about it, (condemned it) and I then knew immediately that he was a mouth piece for the elite.

My view on this is this: take a snow flake...you can predict with certainty that it will have six points.
    Or a hibiscus flower...five petals. There are patterns and designs throughout nature.
    The lines in a hand.
    Molecular structures.
    All are predictable.
    Like the laws of physics...hot and cold air interact and make water molecules.
    Astrology studies these same patterns, except it uses the solar system and the predictable motions of the planets and stars, in some cases...even asteroids, and then compares those movements to events in personal lives.
    Then one can discover a connection...one can even predict events in a similar way as a weather forecast can...not 100% certainty, but more often than not, trhe closer to a given event, the more dta is available for precise predictions.
    For instance when a hurricane approaches land the exact coastal location is not known until the last moment, yet there is certainty that it won't go into reverse gear. In that way astrology can become a useful tool in managing one's life, up to a point.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (16th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), PurpleLama (25th September 2014)

20. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chuck (here)

I have never had an interest in astrology because I never was acquainted with anyone with enough knowledge (in my opinion) on the subject.

In the following days and weeks, I would like to begin an education on this subject.

I have not received any data from you, Chuck.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014)

22. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

here is the list of people I will do as soon as I get more time...probaby this afternoon, after lunch.
    I promise I won't drink any wine, so as to be clear headed...hehe...:
    (in this given order)
    Lisab, Belle, Spaceyman, fosselovelight, phimonic, 7eagle14, kathymarie, arpheus, red_rose, JohannaStarr

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

24. Link to Post #93
    Ireland Avalon Member finally there!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks

hi ulli thanks for the great thread.. iv always been curios about astrology and my star sign and stuff like that up but untill recently never really made the connections that it actually means some things.
    anyways i hope you dont mind another request. il send my details on by pm.. thanks again ;-)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to finally there!!! For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,604 times in 409 posts

Sorry about that Uli... because I sent both you and Carmody a PM, I got rejected because Carmody's PM inbox is full. Anyways... resent. Enjoy your day with family!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Lisab

you do have a lot of planets in water signs...in fact you have what is called a Grand Trine in water.
    I got Jupiter conjunct Ascendant in Cancer...sometimes the summer time thingy can throw me off..I don't think they had turned the clocks forward yet...

Anyway, here goes:
    Asc. Cancer
    Sun in Pisces in the 9th
    Moon in Pisces in the 9th
    Mercury in Pisces in the 9th
    the 9th house gives a strong explorer urge, while Pisces of course is all about finding heaven...so now we know what you are searching for..

Venus in Aries, in the 10th
    you relate well with people on a professional level, in love matters a bit impulsive, often over-idealizing or over-estimating new friends...later feel a bit let down.
    But if your profession brings you in contact with a lot of women it can be very helpful to be like that.
    Mars in Scorpio in the 4th...you love to invest your energies in the home...fixing stuff, decorating...this is in contrast to your travel urges...love to leave home and love to get back...but sometimes your feuds (Mars) are at the family level (4th house)

Jupiter on the Ascendant: very lucky placing...generosity, happy positive outlook.
    Since it's in Cancer it makes you nurturing...you love to feed people.

Saturn on the MC, in Aries...this would work well if you were a legislator by profession, or wield some sort of authority...position of high responsiblity.
    If you don't have such an outlet then you may feel professionally unfulfilled, blocked, not sure of your worth.
    It's important to remember that in astrology the bad can have a good application, and the best planets sometimes can also lead to downfall.
    Everything is like a battery, everything has a plus and a minus pole.
    it is up to each of us how we want to direct these energies.
    my job is to help people to a sense of empowerment, that they are no longer victims of the negative application.

At the end of September there may be a one week period
    when the opposition of Saturn to your natal Venus
    could cause a rift in a relationship...
    knowing about it beforehand you can either decide to dig into your reserves,
    and decide if you want to let it affect you and make a change, or whether to ride it out.
    On the whole a smooth chart, I see no tragedies, major dramas, accidents.
    Let me kow if I'm off in any way.

...wait a minute, I overlooked the fact that you have an exact Pluto-sun opposition in your chart...this can give quite a few powerful blows, as Pluto being ruler of Scorpio adds a bit of spice to your life.
    So whenever a planet sits at 19 Gemini or 19 Sagittarius, like Pluto did at the end of November of 2003, there could have been quite an apheaval.
    Last edited by ulli; 17th July 2011 at 02:04.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

30. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Brilliant and so spot on especially the events of 2003. My son has come home unexpectedly from his w/end stay with his dad so i'l pick up elaborate further later. Thankyou Ulli love Lisa x

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 times in 171 posts

brief questions: All else being equal, would a ten month gestation baby have a different horoscope than a normal 9 month gestation?

What is more important, place of conception or place of birth?

Would an Aspergers and gemini combination guarantee a Mr Spock? ( I mean the messenger aspect of Gemini needing to mingle vs the confounding social abilities of Aspies - would it not tear the person apart internally?) I realize that a logical, step-by-step rational mind that is well grounded could make the Aspie adjust but the internal turmoil . . .
    Apathetic governments allow chemtrails because chemtrails create an apathetic humanity that is more easily manged when they are breathing in chemtrails.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbert For This Post:

dan i el (19th July 2011), ulli (17th July 2011)

34. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Herbert (here)
    brief questions: All else being equal, would a ten month gestation baby have a different horoscope than a normal 9 month gestation?

What is more important, place of conception or place of birth?

Would an Aspergers and gemini combination guarantee a Mr Spock? ( I mean the messenger aspect of Gemini needing to mingle vs the confounding social abilities of Aspies - would it not tear the person apart internally?) I realize that a logical, step-by-step rational mind that is well grounded could make the Aspie adjust but the internal turmoil . . .
    The same question could be asked about a premature birth. Astrology charts are based on the moment of the first breath, whenever that happens.

If conception was as easily known as the birth moment then a new branch of astrology would immediately be created, that analyzes such data.
    One can even take a nation, such as the US...and compare it's historic events to it's birth time.
    Astrologers do it all the time, although I specialize more in people and how they corelate.

Autism often manifests in a person who's chart shows a hard angle between Saturn and Mercury...since Mercury is associated with Gemini, and Saturn with aloofness, so yes, I believe you raised a valid point here.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

dan i el (19th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020)

36. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Sorry about that Uli... because I sent both you and Carmody a PM, I got rejected because Carmody's PM inbox is full. Anyways... resent. Enjoy your day with family!
    i apologize for that, I'll clear it out.

My deal is that I'm not an astrologer, I've never done charts for other people. What I did is I explored and worked with astrology on a near 365 day a year, four year long period. I needed to know it's validity and origins.

I was fitting it's meta analysis into my meta analysis.

I could probably begin to do charts but that is a long path and like riding your first bike, you usually dump yourself in the dirt a few times. Suffice it to say that It's not an easy thing to get to the point where one can do charts for people and tell or show them the things they need to hear. To know what is relevant or not, when it comes to doing a chart and sharing the reading with the client. Ulli's done that before and I'll leave that area to her expertise.

Someone asked me in a PM a question about my bit on Frank Burn's astromart software and the numbers he gives, and I can answer that question, to some degree.
    Last edited by Carmody; 17th July 2011 at 02:21.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Chuck (17th July 2011), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), ulli (17th July 2011)

38. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Carmody
    A person's search for meaning is higher still than their search for self.
    How many times have I sat with a client and amazed them with accurate descriptions of events in their lives that I could not possibly have known beforehand.
    And how many times was I amazed that they just wanted more and more confirmation, and never showed amazement at the grand scheme of creation.
    That baffled me, without fail.
    Nowadays I live way out in the country and hardly ever read charts for people any more, which is why I agreed to do a bit here at Avalon.
    Allthewhile hoping that someone will catch fire and start asking the real existential questions
    "How come everything is sooo perfect", instead of "how come everything is so imperfect?"
    Fitting astrology's meta analysis into their meta analysis.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (17th July 2011), Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Violet (15th November 2014), ViralSpiral (18th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 5 15 34 LastLast