+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: I had the "census knock" this morning, it's that time again, fellow Aussies...

1. Link to Post #21
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Default Re: I had the "census knock" this morning, it's that time again, fellow Aussies...

Quote Fill in the form, with the most confusing spelling, and the worst handwriting you have ever written with. Make it impossible to read, but legally, you have completed it. Just another idea
    Lool, very funny. Me no Engrish.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

BMJ (1st August 2011), Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (1st August 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Default Re: I had the "census knock" this morning, it's that time again, fellow Aussies...

Some great ideas, keep them coming.

The thing is too, if you say you will be not at home that night,
    and therefore in their terms going to be possibly on a census in another household,
    how are they going to check?

Surely they don't have the funds, manpower, to check the where abouts of everyone.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Davidallany (1st August 2011), jackovesk (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), Maia Gabrial (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (1st August 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by Davidallany (here)
    Quote I had the "census knock " this morning, its that time again fellow Aussies....
    I took the form and immediately threw it in the trash can. They left and have not returned.

That was my reaction and my experience.
    Then they left a notice in my mailbox informing me of their return.
    Same reaction.
    Then they left yet another notice, informing me that I could send the form by mail.
    It followed the previous two notices into the trash bin.
    My aunt heard about this and could not understand my reaction (because I am not known to be paranoid - that would have been easier to understand; I simply refuse to give bureaucracy any length of rope, or to make its life easier than it already is). She parroted the implicit threats from the second notice. I laughed aloud and did not say a word.

It ended there.
    That was ten years ago.

I must add this happened in continental Europe, but then bureaucracy is one big global brotherhood that knows no boundaries.

People must remember this: nobody can force you, or even expect from you, to be home at any given time. It is in direct contravention of the Declaration of Human Rights, from 1948. (This does not apply to court orders, of course.)

So, you can simply not open the door when the come. You don't even have to pretend you're not home. You simply do not open the door.
    That's it.
    Last edited by NeverMind; 1st August 2011 at 05:39.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

astrid (1st August 2011), Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), Maia Gabrial (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (1st August 2011), seko (1st August 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)

Surely they don't have the funds, manpower, to check the where abouts of everyone.
    Of course not, but that's not even the point.
    The point is that they have no right to check on your whereabouts, or if the whereabouts have been established all the same - which could only be done in a purely private, individual fashion (say the census man or woman sees you) - they cannot do a damn thing about it.

It's an important point worth remembering at all times.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

astrid (1st August 2011), Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Another idea, don't fill out the form and send it back.

~ Plato

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (1st August 2011), Draco (1st August 2011), elysian (1st August 2011), Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), JoshuaM (1st August 2011), ledus un medus (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (1st August 2011), Sarlic (1st August 2011), seko (1st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-records.html

"Personal details in UK census to be processed by U.S. form which stole Obama's student loan records

Personal details collected in the 2011 national census will be processed in a plant run by an American firm whose staff were prosecuted for stealing President Obama’s student loan records.

Every householder in the UK is required to fill out the questionnaire next month, with those failing to comply facing a £1,000 fine or even jail.

Amid concerns over the safety of the data being collected by the Government, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has repeatedly insisted that security is high.

However, The Mail on Sunday has learned that UK Data Capture Ltd, named in ONS reports as the sub-contractor in charge of processing census information, is
    jointly owned by the examination board Edexcel and the US-owned firm Vangent, which both have a patchy record for data-handling.

Last year, Vangent, a multibillion- pound consultancy with a series of lucrative US government contracts, faced embarrassment when nine of its employees were
    prosecuted for accessing President Obama’s student loan records.

The employees – all of whom were found guilty – had been working on an IT project at the US Department of Education, although many of the company’s other contracts in America are with the military.

Meanwhile, Edexcel has faced criticism for its alleged ‘dumbing down’ of exams and for losing scripts.

In 2002, a series of errors in Edexcel papers were described by then Prime Minister Tony Blair as ‘sloppy’ and ‘unacceptable’.

Last night, Alex Deane from the think-tank Big Brother Watch concerned by the involvement of the two firms in the handling of sensitive data at the census-processing plant in Trafford, Manchester"
    ~ Plato

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

now we are cooking... creative form filling so our data is useless to them.

http://www.CountMeOut.ca

Scroll to the bottom and click on the fun options link , hilarious reading...

"Perhaps there is an artist hidden within you. You could take a pair of scissors and make two-inch cuts into the census form all around the edge, making a most attractive fringe that not only enhances the appearance of your census form, but also makes it difficult to feed into the Lockheed Martin-developed scanning system."

Use Google Translator to translate your responses into Swahili or some other exotic language. "
    Last edited by astrid; 1st August 2011 at 06:26.
    ~ Plato

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

BMJ (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (2nd August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Tell them it was written with invisible ink, you couldn't find any other pen?
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (1st August 2011)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

census if it was just about numbers and building in fracture for the growth you don't need to be good at maths to realize that every 5 yrs you need to build all these things anyway why wait till the numbers are in and then go oh a lot more peopleare around lets start building now. They will be playing catch up forever. The forms should be way smaller and to the point no need to gather all the extra data unless u have other plans for it . waste of money and paper when they know how much more to build .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draco For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (1st August 2011)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

http://www.countmeout.ca/

The Top Ten List

Top 10 Canadian Census Form submission ideas and methods:

10 Submit your census in a Jar of clear jelly with a label: Merry Christmas Lockheed Martin. I suggest a bow on the jar for good measure

9 Cut your filled form into Jigsaw puzzle pieces and submit the pieces (even by separate, serial numbered envelopes)

8 Take a picture or scan the filled form, reverse the negative/image and print (easy to do on computer image software with some other added digital effects) or Use incredibly tiny writing or fonts

7 Write your information on Styrofoam Popcorn (the packing stuff) and send

6 Use Pasta or other food products to fill the form

5 Put the form into a set of Russian Doll like boxes, ultimately to the size of a Sofa Box

4 To submit electronically as per their wishes, write a web link on the form which links to a website, which links to another website, which links to another website.....etc......etc....etc......which finally states that the information is printed/pasted on the inside of the original envelope submitted.

3 Send your information on audio tape or CD with a lot of padded information about your personal interests, hopes and dreams and the daily life of your dog

2 Fill the form out in Klingon and send along with the Klingon dictionary
    And the number one suggestion..

1 ..feed the form to your cow and send your cow.
    ~ Plato

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (1st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

For those that need to see the Aussie links to Lockheed, i just located them.

http://www.spacetimeresearch.com/par...-research.html

http://www.spacetimeresearch.com/customers.html

wow.... YOU tell me, what is a MAJOR arms producer doing collecting data for these govt organisations????

I had NO idea. It looks like they already have EVERYTHING on us, that's very scarey stuff.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by astrid; 1st August 2011 at 07:32.
    ~ Plato

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (1st August 2011), seko (1st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011), ViralSpiral (1st August 2011)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...sus#post231056

Lets not forget also that Lockheed Martin was hacked,
    so that's another issue to consider here.
    Quite frankly the whole thing stinks.
    ~ Plato

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (1st August 2011), seko (1st August 2011)

25. Link to Post #33
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Now there is an observation and a half, he says the census is the modern domesday book.
    It is exactly that.
    And more.

26. Link to Post #34
    Greece Avalon Member the_flyingboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by the_flyingboy (here)
    i got the census and threw it in the bin
    What are you gonna tell em when they come to pick it up?

i wont be home then plus i told them i will do it online

27. The Following User Says Thank You to the_flyingboy For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    i got the census and threw it in the bin
    What are you gonna tell em when they come to pick it up?

i wont be home then plus i told them i will do it online
    Great.
    So you accepted their offer to contract, intend to breach it and you lied to them as well?
    This won't end well for you.
    The law of attraction and rule of three is always in play.
    You guys have to learn to STOP avoiding these issues, confront them, defeat them, move on.

29. Link to Post #36
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

We had this in the UK recently. There's no point coming up with crazy schemes or exotic plans. Either fill it in and send it back or put it in the recycling and ignore them. Each time they do it here the % of people who fill it in goes down.

Mine got recycled and I just ignored the people who came looking for it. Same with the TV licensing. They've started an investigation apparently but they've never been able to speak to me. I'm either out at work or I just ignore the front door if I'm not expecting anyone. If I get in to arguments or start filling things in then I'm inviting trouble.

Complete it or ignore it, simples.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (1st August 2011), Fred Steeves (1st August 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), pharoah21 (2nd August 2011)

31. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,613 times in 344 posts

First of all, this is news to me [that there is another national census]. But then, I guess I have been too preoccupied of late with football and politics...

Call me idealistic and naive, but what possible harm can I be doing to myself by flying under the radar and giving these people some information they so desperately require? If I choose to give inaccurate information, who are they going to verify it with? Does it matter a toss? Is choosing to be confrontational about said census likely to make them leave me alone, or is it likely to draw attention to myself? Common sense would appear to fall to the latter.

Give them what they want - information. If you are comfortable with giving them accurate information, bully for you. If you are not, then feel free to lay red herrings all over the place. I doubt very much that people in black suits are going to come for you in the middle of the night claiming that you declared "Jedi" as your religion [please refer to the 2001 census where loads of rebellious souls declared they were indeed Jedi Knights].

Pick your battles. Just fill in the silly form. It will eventually be lost in a mountain of paperwork and you will become as innocuous as a drop in the ocean, which in my opinion is a good thing. Then go back to your meditations. This is not a battle worth fighting. It is a silly distraction which should be given the petty energy it deserves. Work instead on avoiding confrontation and save your energy for something much more significant - to you and to the planet as a whole. Just remember what you're doing here.

Namaste

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

BMJ (1st August 2011), Malachi (1st August 2011)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I would say that if you fail to say no to the tyrant when you can, then don't be sad when you can't.

34. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Hey Pharoah,
    I don't think the casts will help. They'll probably just offer to help fill it out for you....
    Can you just throw it away?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

pharoah21 (2nd August 2011)

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Or, instead of not answering the door, you could sneak out the back, come up beside the census guy as if you're out for a stroll and tell them that the person living at that address (meaning you) doesn't live there anymore. And that you don't know anything other than that....
    Sounds good to me. How about you?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

astrid (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (2nd August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast