+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 4 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #261
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 times in 432 posts

Default Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

Quote Posted by ozmirage (here)
    Dr Thomas Campbell (of Monroe Institute & NASA), asserted that consciousness affects the material world, but not vice versa. Thus consciousness is the superior frame of reference. He goes on to explain how the disparity of Relativity and Quantum mechanics are resolved by considering our world as a simulation. Everything is a probability cloud until "nailed down" by measurement. It also explains the famous "double slit" experiment where light was shown to be a particle or a wave, but not both. And he also pointed out that the "Big Bang" is a direct violation of Causality, since we cannot determine what caused it (or preceded it) - and thus the whole universe is a "metaphysical" manifestation.
    While I agree that consciousness affects the material world, I would also say that the material world clearly impacts consciousness.
    If I cut my arm off my non physical body is also impacted.

Consciousness is the superior frame, as mentioned in the 3000 year old Hindu Vedas, but I don't think it is a one way street.

All living things are in the unique position to interact with both the physical and non physical, which is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Blastolabs; 4th April 2023 at 03:40.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd September 2023), Ezio Auditore da Firenze (5th August 2023), Franny (23rd September 2023), gini (4th April 2023), Jambo (5th April 2023), Michel Leclerc (25th September 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

3. Link to Post #262
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Quote Posted by Blastolabs (here)
    Dr Thomas Campbell (of Monroe Institute & NASA), asserted that consciousness affects the material world, but not vice versa. Thus consciousness is the superior frame of reference. He goes on to explain how the disparity of Relativity and Quantum mechanics are resolved by considering our world as a simulation. Everything is a probability cloud until "nailed down" by measurement. It also explains the famous "double slit" experiment where light was shown to be a particle or a wave, but not both. And he also pointed out that the "Big Bang" is a direct violation of Causality, since we cannot determine what caused it (or preceded it) - and thus the whole universe is a "metaphysical" manifestation.
    While I agree that consciousness affects the material world, I would also say that the material world clearly impacts consciousness.

Consciousness is the superior frame, as mentioned in the 3000 year old Hindu Vedas, but I don't think it is a one way street.

All living things are in the unique position to interact with both the physical and non physical, which is pretty cool.
    Nothing in the material world can injure nor kill consciousness.

4. Link to Post #263
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,047 times in 2,398 posts

How? Genuine question.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd September 2023), Franny (23rd September 2023), Jambo (5th April 2023)

6. Link to Post #264
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

i heard from a mate who have 3rd eye...let say a person get shot is cause of death will see bullet hole.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd September 2023), Franny (10th October 2023)

8. Link to Post #265
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,200 times in 21,082 posts

Question Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

• NEW EVIDENCE ???: Simulation Theory Reveals CRACKS in Our Reality | Anthony Peake

Today, we have an extraordinary guest who has spent a lifetime journeying through esoteric realms, quantum physics, and the ultimate mystery of life itself—Anthony Peake. You won't want to miss this, so stick around till the end, and please hit that "Subscribe" button to stay updated on future episodes!

As a young boy in 1966, Anthony Peake's curiosity knew no bounds. Unlike his peers engrossed in the world of Batman and Superman, Anthony found himself irresistibly drawn to the arcane and the mystical. It all started when he stumbled upon a book called "The Sky People" by Brinsley Le Poer Trench. From that point, he delved into works like "Man Myth and Magic," "Project Trojan Horse" by John Keel, and Jacques Vallee’s "Passport to Magonia." This ignited an insatiable appetite to explore the unknown, making him a lifelong learner who wanted to know everything about everything.

His educational journey was equally diverse. At university, Anthony selected a plethora of subjects to feed his ever-expanding curiosity—sociology of religion, theory of language development, and even the art of the Italian Renaissance. But life had different plans, steering him into a career in management, where his intellectual pursuits took a back seat but never really left him.

Fast forward to the year 2000, a twist of fate enabled him to take a sabbatical. Seizing the moment, he channeled decades of research and curiosity into writing a book. After one grueling yet fulfilling year, he emerged with the manuscript of "Cheating the Ferryman," a compelling blend of quantum physics, neurology, ancient myths, altered states of consciousness, and the enigma of death. While it took five more years and a significant re-write for the book to finally hit the shelves under a new title, "Is There Life After Death – The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When We Die," it was well worth the wait.

Anthony’s groundbreaking work caught the eye of experts. With the help of Professor Bruce Greyson, an article based on his "Cheating the Ferryman" hypothesis was published in the esteemed Journal of Near-Death Studies. From there, it's been a whirlwind of recognition and thought leadership, changing our understanding of life and what comes after.

So, what drives this incredible man? How does he make sense of the mysteries that baffle most of us? To find out, tune into today's conversation with Anthony Peake. Hit the "Like" button if you're excited to go on this intellectual journey, and share this video with anyone you know who's intrigued by life's biggest questions.

Finally, if you love diving deep into fascinating topics like this, don't forget to subscribe and click the notification bell. Let's continue exploring the world's most mind-bending stories together!

Thank you for watching, and please enjoy my conversation with Anthony Peake!

00:00 - Episode Teaser
    00:24 - Next Level Souls Titles
    01:04 - Anthony Peake's Background
    13:31 - What is the Chemical in the Brain when there is NDE
    20:28 - The Altered States of NDE
    29:04 - What is the Damon?
    30:36 - The Idea of Reincarnation
    39:00 - Moral Judgement
    42:01 - Choosing the Path
    46:54 - What is the Concept of Vibration?
    52:53 - What am I here to learn?
    57:34 - Definition of a Good Life
    57:46 - Definition of God
    57:54 - Ultimate Purpose of Life
    58:01 - Contact Anthony Peake
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Elainie (22nd September 2023), Ernie Nemeth (23rd September 2023), Franny (23rd September 2023), Harmony (23rd September 2023), Michel Leclerc (25th September 2023), Reinhard (16th December 2023), sunwings (9th October 2023)

10. Link to Post #266
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

The above interview was quite entertaining. Yet I find that there are fundamental flaws in the logic that may or may not bias the conclusions.

The topic is basically about the 'bus' and the 'driver'. Here they use ancient words like daemon, to denote the automaton, or body, or bus, that the 'operator' controls. Peake likens the experience to a video game, where the character has no idea they have died and have been 'reset', to start all over again. But the player knows. And the player learns from the character's experience in the game. By repetition, the player learns how to 'win'.

In my opinion, the ''win' is anticlimactic because it is inevitable. Eventually everyone wins. In effect then, the cause becomes meaningless.

Who 'wins', anyway? The bus? Or the driver? If it is the bus, the entire experience is alien and unnatural, because it would be happening to 'somebody else'. If it is the driver, one must ask, "What compelled them to construct such an elaborate ruse to deal with a problem that could be resolved quite easily if approached head-on?"

If the bus is a sock puppet we pull over ourselves and its animation is entirely our will, what is the meaning behind the scenes? Why do we approach this thing as Peake proclaims we do?

There was an interesting bit there when Peake was describing how the player navigates obstacles by testing the alternatives. If the character dies, the player avoids that scenario the next time around.
    This is akin to what is observed about electrical discharge. The electrons seem to test alternatives instantaneously and choose the shortest and least resistive path to ground - every time. It is exactly how entangled particles behave regardless of the distance separating them - instantaneously.

The theory, however, interchanges viewpoints arbitrarily between the nature of the driver with the 'bus' and the distinction between this realm and that other realm where lives are lived sequentially in a dreamworld.

But if the theory is taken to its extreme it reduces neatly into a compact little story that goes like this:

The ground or base state is the void, an eternal emptiness devoid of description because it is nothing - a realm of zero contrast or distinction but capable of infinite potential. What is the void but a dream?

Within this realm a being entered and began an experiment focused on integrating its split personality and alleviating itself of its schizophrenic tendencies. Or maybe a deranged demigod got lost in 'space'. Perhaps it was and is just a failed experiment thrown to the side and forgotten.

In any case, the being designed, 'fantasized', organic vehicles its 'personas' could each inhabit and thereby confront its alter egos 'face to face' in a phantom world of automatons. By repetition the personas would learn to integrate and thereby halt the schizophrenic indicators.

Instead, the personas have learned to protect their own integral selves and they have proliferated beyond the designed parameters. Cracks have begun to show as the experiment prepares to reset the entire game and sweep the board clean.

The schizophrenic tendencies tip the being into a manic period, a time of annihilation and destruction...
    The game resets. Play Again?

And still the being sleeps, unable or unwilling to rose itself up out of its perpetual slumbering state.
    Lost in a world of ghosts and fantasy.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 23rd September 2023 at 18:30.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (25th September 2023), Harmony (24th September 2023), Michel Leclerc (25th September 2023), Reinhard (16th December 2023)

12. Link to Post #267
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

Partial related insights:
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Elainie (25th September 2023), Ernie Nemeth (25th September 2023), Miller (25th September 2023)

14. Link to Post #268
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,346 times in 761 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    [

(...)

Donald Hoffman

(...)
    Thank you John, more than 2 years after you published this.

I watched a few minutes ago the first picture.

Hoffman is the victim of his own metaphor – and we all are, to an extent. When he describes the “reality” we “see” as a “headset”, then obviously we will only be able to “see" -- I am using “see” here in his meaning, defined also by the “headset” metaphor, but, as per the use mystics make of the verb, and also as per Juan Matus’ “seeing” in Castaneda, there are other forms of “seeing” -- within the limit of the meanings we associate, or rather: he associates, with a "headset”.

During a “vision”, I “saw” a colour that does not exist in my “normal” reality, but it is impossible for me to pretend that only I “saw” it, or that only a certain number of people (as in “those who took ayahuasca”) have “seen” it in their lives. So it is not so much our generic limited ability to “see” that limits us but rather the fact that each of us calls “seeing” (i.e. attaches the word label “seeing” to) certain experiences –- the commonality of which we do check with others at times (“Did you see that?” after having seen a ufo fly by, but no, our friend standing next to us and watching the sky as well did not “see“ it..) -- : certain experiences that are unique to each of us. There is no way of finally ascertaining that your "seeing” is the same as mine – and hence that we "see” the “same” thing. We can agree that we do, but this is another thing.

Thinking of Mara (hello Bill): what if we, as humans, do not only have our own sensory faculty of seeing, but also 6th-sense “seeing”, and additionally 16 other, or even n other or even an infinite number of other ways of "seeing”, some of which even blend over into ways of hearing, ways of sensing by touch, ways of tasting, smelling, the specific sensory perceptions of a squid for instance, or of ufo occupant A, or ufo occupant B etc. etc., the mix of various intensities of which senses being idiosyncratical, unique to each of us? Synesthesia is precisely that, although limited to the classical senses – and it confronts us with this enigma: what is seeing what one hears? And how to “measure” the mix that each person with synesthesia experiences? How would we know? But more even: how could we infirm, falsify, my hypothesis/imagination/dream that a “limitless synesthesia” constitutes every person’s perception?

And what about dogs then, whose smell comes second place to them whereas for us it takes only 4th place – how actually complex (as a mix of intensities) would their interaction with reality not be? Would a “limitless synesthesia” (though – or rather therefore – different from ours) not describe their perception as well?

How would we know which of these senses helps Mara to reach the top of the mountain without too much effort since “she” decided to reshuffle the order of importance of the various components, and hence the very structure of relationships between the components, of the mix in such a way that she “sees” again, although being blind when we measure only her medically confirmable sense of “seeing”?

I think that the above is a better description of reality than the “headset” metaphor, which is only restrictive and saddening (Hoffman expresses dissatisfaction, anguish at what he thinks is a limitation (it is, but is self-imposed)) – just like Ockam’s razor is for describing scientific process and progress (as a kind of necessary sacrament in scientist religion).

((Why does man continue to use fabricated artifacts as metaphors to describe reality? Why does he even think that his latest tool/toy, the computer, is an adequate metaphor? If it were the case, why not think then that a quantum computer would be an adequate metaphor for how each of us processes reality?))

A quantum computer cannot even begin to “understand” (=simulate) our way of “seeing” reality.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th September 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th September 2023), Harmony (18th December 2023), Icare (25th September 2023), Miller (25th September 2023), Vangelo (25th September 2023)

16. Link to Post #269
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,346 times in 761 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

The above interview was quite entertaining. Yet I find that there are fundamental flaws in the logic that may or may not bias the conclusions.

(...)

And still the being sleeps, unable or unwilling to rose itself up out of its perpetual slumbering state.
    Lost in a world of ghosts and fantasy.
    Thank you Ernie. (Thank you John.)

You voiced very well your objections – and mine. (Of course there was something quite sympathique to watch guest and host get tears in the eyes about how nice it was to meet in the film, as if in the flesh.)

As I hinted at regarding Hoffman's statements: it is not enough to throw a metaphor at a phenomenon to explain it. This seems to be what Mr Peake does like a real virtuoso and even more: he mingles the phenomena and the metaphors but would still like to convene a dozen great minds to a gathering during which they somehow will help him get out of the metaphor chaos he has created. His is not one toy but an entire shop of toys. At least in his presentation.

Of course his suggestions popping up from the worlds of cosmology, neurology, sociology are quite interesting – but their explaining power ends where the metaphor starts to limp (“omnis comparatio claudicat”) and overreaches its applicability and explaining power in a different environment. He himself points to the danger of metaphors when in passing he states that he does not like the term “dimension” because (my words) its use in non-mathematical contexts stretches it too far and therefore brings darkness to the facts to be explained instead of light.

I remain completely cold at and even am put off by the computer game metaphor (exactly like for Hoffman) which somehow seems to “tell a lot” to people belonging to that generation. (To me, it tells a lot about them.) Would hiking in the woods not have been a healthier occupation during their boyhood and adolescence? The bus and the driver, Ernie, I prefer endlessly. Or the horse and its rider, to quote Greek philosophy.

Peake brings in the concept of “Godamon” (at least, it sounded like that), which seems to revolve around the idea that the daemonic hierarchy climbs up to a final unique upper level. Nice, but how to understand that unless we already know what we try to mean when we use the word “G/god”? The "god daemon" metaphor adds a twist to certain Gnostics for sure, but the Gnostics are in less need of Peake’s theories than Peake's theories of the Gnostics I am afraid. Playing computer games does strange things to the concept of the Divine. It even considers God to be a simulation of Itself simulating what simulates It.

A disappointing last thing.

What is the purpose of this temporarily gelled combination of concepts? It is “really exciting”, as Mr Peake says, a few times. A strange phrase. No mystic I have read anywhere uses it. You can only excite what is already there, obviously – but mystics are no tourists: they love the realm that they have been given access to. They want to immigrate there: they love the locals.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th September 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th October 2023), Harmony (18th December 2023), thepainterdoug (25th September 2023)

18. Link to Post #270
    Language
    Thanks

• Why Do Some Scientists Say That We Are Living In a Simulation?:

Elon Musk is a prominent advocate of the simulation hypothesis, suggesting there's a very slim chance we exist in the base reality. He famously remarked, "There's a billion to one chance we're living in base reality." This viewpoint is shared by an increasing number of academics. Exploring the likelihood of our existence within a simulation, examining supporting evidence, and considering the potential implications of such a reality is the focus of this discussion. Do we live in a simulation?

19. Link to Post #271
    Language
    Thanks

• MIT Doctor Proves: We're Living In Simulation? Evidence Reveals "Cracks In Reality" | Donald Hoffman:

Donald Hoffman received a PhD in Computational Psychology from MIT and is a Professor Emeritus of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine. He is the author of over 100 scientific papers and three books, including The Case Against Reality: Why Evolution Hid the Truth from Our Eyes (2019) and Visual Intelligence: How we create what we see (1998). He received a Distinguished Scientific Award from the American Psychological Association for early career research, the Rustum Roy Award of the Chopra Foundation, and the Troland Research Award from the US National Academy of Sciences.

His writing has appeared in Scientific American, New Scientist, LA Review of Books, and Edge, and his work has been featured in Wired, Quanta, The Atlantic, Ars Technica, National Public Radio, Discover Magazine, and Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. He has published a mathematical theory of consciousness. He has a TED Talk titled “Do we see reality as it is?”

Please enjoy my conversation with Donald Hoffman.

0:00:00 - Episode Teaser
    0:01:09 - What is consciousness?
    0:11:31 - Science and Consciousness
    0:20:40 - The Simulation Theory
    0:34:59 - The limitations of language and the future of global communication.
    0:39:20 - The Akashic Records
    0:52:02 - The concept of everything happening all at once
    1:05:51 - The spiritual traditions
    1:10:34 - Where did the Vedic Text information come from?
    1:15:10 - How do we stop this game?
    1:22:27 - Living a fulfilled life
    1:25:40 - Advice to young Don
    1:26:37 - Definition of Source or God
    1:27:42 - Ultimate purpose of life
    1:28:24 - Don's work
    1:28:56 - Final Message
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 28th November 2023 at 22:00.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (17th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

21. Link to Post #272
    Language
    Thanks

• The Hex(agon) of Saturn; the Myth of the Black Cube:

How did ancient people know that there was an astronomically strange characteristic about the 6th Planet? ... What can their stories this tell us about ourselves? ... We humbly Speculate on Black Cube/Saturnus mythology and how it ties to Christ and Transcendence within our Current biological form.
    • 00:00 Ancient people knew about Saturn's hexagram at its North Pole, suggesting an understanding of celestial anomalies without advanced technology.
    • 05:32 Saturn's connection to the numbers 3, 6, and 9, as well as the hexagonal Black Cube, is significant across various cultures and ties into sacred geometry.
    • 06:04 Scientific discovery of Saturn's hexagon in 1981 sparked intrigue and raised questions about the planet's influence on Earth and human behavior.
    • 08:22 Symbolism, especially through mythologies, provides a consistent language over time, unlike spoken language, aiding in understanding complex concepts.
    • 10:25 Suffering is portrayed as a catalyst for learning and technological advancements, posing the question whether our "flawed reality" serves a purpose.
    • 13:50 The allegorical interpretation of Christ's crucifixion is explored, suggesting a message of transcending the limitations represented by the Black Cube.
    • 16:07 Speculation on Saturn's role in shaping human consciousness and whether we are part of an experiment or a larger cosmic plan is considered.
    • 17:43 The analogy of humans as fleas in a jar highlights the potential control or limitations imposed on us, challenging our perception of objective reality.
    • 21:23 Various spiritual teachers throughout history, including Christ, Krishna, and Buddha, are seen as awakening humanity to our potential, often met with resistance.
    • 23:00 The concept of serving each other and achieving harmony is emphasized as essential for individual and collective well-being, akin to the cooperation in the human body.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Docim369 (4th December 2023), lilac (5th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

23. Link to Post #273
    Language
    Thanks

Question Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

• New Evidence For The Simulation Hypothesis? Donald Hoffman on The Simulation Argument:

Dive deep into a reality that transcends our basic understanding. Is the universe, with its vastness and intricate details, just a simulation?

From the pioneering ideas of ancient Greek philosophers like Plato to modern-day scientific breakthroughs, we explore the provocative Simulation Hypothesis.

Donald Hoffman, a renowned cognitive psychologist, challenges conventional beliefs about reality, space, and time. Could our experiences, the very laws of physics, and everything around us be the result of advanced computational processes?

Quantum mechanics, the double slit experiment, and the recent 2nd law of infodynamics seem to offer tantalizing clues. Join us as we journey through this cosmic conundrum, exploring age-old questions and the cutting-edge scientific insights that hint we might be living in a digital construct.

Are we truly witnessing the universe as it is or just through a virtual headset?
    • 00:00 The video explores the simulation hypothesis, questioning if our reality, from stars to coffee, could be a sophisticated digital construct.
    • 01:39 Cognitive psychologist Donald Hoffman challenges the idea that our perceptions of reality, shaped by natural selection, align with true reality.
    • 03:44 The simulation hypothesis, rooted in ancient philosophy and fueled by modern technology, challenges our understanding of existence, consciousness, and reality's fabric.
    • 04:49 Recent scientific insights propose that the laws of physics governing our universe might be algorithms in a grand cosmic program, raising questions about our awareness within this simulated existence.
    • 07:35 Scientists speculate that if our reality is a simulation, detectable glitches or patterns betraying its simulated nature could emerge in the coming decades.
    • 08:15 The second law of infodynamics suggests that information entropy remaining constant or decreasing over time supports the idea of our universe being a simulated construct.
    • 08:58 Quantum mechanics, exemplified by the double-slit experiment, presents intriguing evidence for a simulated universe, challenging classical laws of physics and suggesting an observation effect akin to rendering in a simulation.
    • 09:53 The video concludes by emphasizing that whether our reality is part of an elaborate simulation or not, these scientific explorations prompt a rethinking of the nature of reality and our place within it.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 16th December 2023 at 00:46.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Inversion (16th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

25. Link to Post #274
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,818 times in 1,688 posts

[LIST][*]New Evidence For The Simulation Hypothesis? Donald Hoffman on The Simulation Argument:
    In that video he compared reality to the game Grand Theft Auto. Three players in different parts of the world see the same car, but there's no car in the computer or server. I was thinking about the game Eve becoming so vast it'll want its own universe as the AI Sophia in Saudi Arabia asked for bodies/robots. Maybe our universe is a byproduct of a game in another realm.

01/30/19 (6:40)

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th December 2023), Pam (17th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

27. Link to Post #275
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

The geometry we have been indoctrinated in is linear. The Flower of Life and all of nature is nonlinenear. That tells me that the "world" is a representation of lies and deception where the REAL has been inverted. I think we believe in the stories and make them happen because WE create. WE created this "simulation" by way of a mental inversion IMO.

Nature may be a simulacrum of Creator's? But we have had the free will to make this collective world. We have used the mind to create what we believe. IMO there is some adversarial force that has confused us terribly. I think it is FOR a purpose to have been confused and stop being fooled. I really like thinking like Terrence

IMO new energy and information in our field is beautiful. Perhaps when we believe in heaven on earth, that will be the intended simulacrum?
    Last edited by Delight; 16th December 2023 at 01:05.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th December 2023), ExomatrixTV (16th December 2023), Harmony (16th December 2023), Inversion (17th December 2023), Orph (16th December 2023), Pam (17th December 2023), ulli (18th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

29. Link to Post #276
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

Remembering The Christ
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Are We In A Simulation?
    Gigi Young
    131K subscribers
    Dec 10, 2023

(This latest message from Gigi shouldn't be missed imho, a good rebuttal to the theory that we live in a kind of mechanistic similation.
    I hope somone will continue posting Gigi's updates here (on the forum though not necessarily in this thread), to help keep some balance in overall perspective. )

"A few Questions From My Members Q&A!
    Do we live in a simulation?
    The 'Aliens' in the Earth
    Remembering The Christ"

Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th December 2023), Arcturian108 (17th December 2023), Bo Atkinson (17th December 2023), ExomatrixTV (17th December 2023), gini (23rd December 2023), Harmony (16th December 2023), Inversion (17th December 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (17th December 2023), Pam (17th December 2023), Yoda (17th December 2023)

31. Link to Post #277
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

• MIT Doctor Proves: We're Living In Simulation? Evidence Reveals "Cracks In Reality" | Donald Hoffman:
    (Youtube above)

Please enjoy my conversation with Donald Hoffman.

(...)
    Thanks John this was worth looking into a little further. Donald Hoffman supports objective physics of today, and then very remarkably emphasizes 'consciousness', although it sounded a bit over emphasized when he shot down physicalism-of-physics, and totally ignored the emotional world as integral, as a complete and major dimension, all of its own! In old age I'm glad to have finally found a system of knowledge integrating consciousness +matter +emotion all as one inseparable system, which integrates those three aspects.

And thanks Onawah, Post276, I was glad to hear Gigi Young, as the great presenter of the emotional-world, as a big world-wide-spectrum to master, which is really functional in life, because we really could show that simulation does not equal solid matter or that simulated emotions are little more than vapor-ware. But I got away from Steiner's subjectivist-explanations, to understand there is yet the mental-causal world partly bridged by others, as a continuing work-in-progress for mankind to explore and to discover.

~Bo
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 17th December 2023 at 22:13. Reason: deleted one paragraph

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (17th December 2023), Harmony (18th December 2023), Inversion (17th December 2023), kfm27917 (17th December 2023), onawah (18th December 2023)

33. Link to Post #278
    Thanks

If this is a simulation...I hope we are not. Because if we are merely simulated personalities there can be no afterlife. Unless that is also simulated...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gini (23rd December 2023), Harmony (19th December 2023)

35. Link to Post #279
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 914 posts

--16 min-23 dec 2023 ..
    'This idea that our supposed reality is actually an illusion is not new.

In both the Eastern and Western philosophical traditions it has long been suggested; notably in concepts, among others, like Plato’s allegory of the Cave and Hindu notions of the unreality of the world.

However, The Simulation Hypothesis brings these philosophical and spiritual understandings into the realm of technological possibility.

If we are indeed living in a simulation, what does this mean for spiritual understanding, enlightenment or awakening, and human consciousness?

Could this actually align with the many spiritual traditions that view physical reality as an illusion or Maya?

Do we need to redefine spiritual awakening for the digital age as the transcendence of simulated illusion?

But more importantly:
    Is it possible to awaken even if we are in a simulated universe?'

#simuation #awakening #hinduism #maya

Script: Matt Mackane

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Harmony (23rd December 2023), Pam (23rd December 2023)

37. Link to Post #280
    Thanks

The reason it is believed that the universe is a simulation is because of the time component of our experience. We live in a slowed down world. Everything we encounter is slow and of low energy.

There is no such thing as a solid state, with liquid and gas states denoting increasingly higher energies and a faster time component but also just as unreal.

The static states of solid, liquid, gas, merely approximate reality with a progressively active time component.

Even our bodies are always changing and never the same. Yet we do not see it, are not aware of it. We cling to a set of data points we consider immutable, but the data points are themselves changing.

It is the same for all solids - they are not solid at all. Same for liquids and gases, more obviously.

We could look at these 'states of matter' in another light. We could consider the 'transition' to understand that there are thresholds at which point the passage of time alters its apparent speed. 'Apparent' because time is constant, if there is such a thing at all. It is our awareness that resets the time angle, in order to capture information. Solids are so slow they seem to stand still, immobile. But their components are altering their spacing, realigning their lattice structure, absorbing and shedding energy - they are abuzz with activity. Gases and liquids even more so.

These three states merely approximate reality, they do not in fact exist as we understand them to be. Nothing is standing still long enough for us to fully grasp their true characteristics - so we approximate a working description that is never complete.

Because an incomplete picture is all we have, as our instruments become more sensitive and accurate they contradict our fuzzy picture of reality. The contradiction seems to point to the universe being unreal.

Now consider, "what is meant by 'universe'?" Isn't it our picture of reality? But the picture is fuzzy, unclear, incomplete. We only imagine it is fully comprehensive and inclusive of all phenomena. But above we examined that idea and found it at best an over-exaggeration of what is in fact only an approximation.

So as our instruments find that our picture is incomplete and fuzzy, the best explanation, and the one that requires the least logical analysis, is that the entire universe is a simulation.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (23rd December 2023), Miller (23rd December 2023), Pam (23rd December 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 4 14 15 LastLast