+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 10 15 LastLast

Thread: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #181
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Default Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

I am consolidating my comments into an update of my initial post...
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 9th September 2017 at 15:23.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Daozen (9th September 2017), Jayke (9th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #182
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Ah, no, I agree with you WhiteLove that we are *not* somehow 'within' any kind of a 'simulation program' and the reason for my continuing interest in Buddhism / Dzogchen is because it gets at the 'nature of reality' which to me means the nature of Consciousness itself ... but in any case, where's the Evidence to suggest that we are all merely "Programmed Puppets" ?

Nonetheless I suppose the 'challenge' (if you will) is to Face head-on one's apparent Conditioning (a form of societal / cultural programming) to break-through to the un-conditioned eh ?

Perhaps "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" after all eh ?
    Last edited by Clear Light; 9th September 2017 at 13:26. Reason: Spelling was never my strong point !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

fourty-two (9th September 2017), Jayke (9th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017), WhiteLove (9th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

We are. Every person who has awakened sees the unreality of life in a body. Like living in a dream. That understanding comes right after it is seen that there is no "I", no individual I me mine. That in and of itself is proof positive that we are living in a matrix.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

findingneo (17th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #184
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    If you don't have memories of past lives, you don't remember yesterday and tomorrow. It will seem like a belief system.
    Are you saying yesterday and tomorrow is the same as past life?
    What if you go back a million years? Or a billion years?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Noelle (25th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #185
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,567 times in 32,794 posts

If you don't have memories of past lives, you don't remember yesterday and tomorrow. It will seem like a belief system.
    Remembering Tomorrow sounds like a great movie title.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

findingneo (17th September 2017), fourty-two (16th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2017), Hervé (16th September 2017), Michi (23rd September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017), triquetra (25th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #186
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Yep!

It's called "Déjà vu" where one recalls a yesterday when one dreamt of a tomorrow...that's happening right here and now... hah! Pretzel time lines
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th September 2017), findingneo (17th September 2017), fourty-two (16th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2017), Matthew (16th September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017), sunwings (16th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #187
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

Matt Damon (who has appeared already on this thread) is in a new movie coming out this Christmas.

The Plot

When scientists discover how to shrink humans to five inches tall as a solution to overpopulation, Paul (Matt Damon) and his wife Audrey (Kristen Wiig) decide to abandon their stressed lives in order to get small and move to a new downsized community — a choice that triggers life-changing adventures.

However it really is just another play on humans leaving their physical bodies to enter a simulation of sorts. Looks intriguing.

Would anyone here be tempted to downsize?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

KiwiElf (17th September 2017), Matthew (17th September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017), Rich (16th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #188
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

"If you don't have memories of past lives, you don't remember yesterday and tomorrow. It will seem like a belief system"

Quote Posted by EmEx (here),re above post.
    Are you saying yesterday and tomorrow is the same as past life?
    What if you go back a million years? Or a billion years?

What I mean by that EmEx is that if all your human lives equaled a day in the existence of your soul, if you don't remember yesterday, or last week or 10,000 days ago, and that you existed as a different avatar, in a different time, a different sex, a different place, perhaps a different planet or way of existing, then past lives, the soul as a separate consciousness even when the avatar has expired, the concept of Source, karma, and other things, might seem like a spiritual belief system.

For instance, prior to even considering there are ET's, or ED's, in fact I thought folk who entertained that concept were loopy, I had a past life regression during my regression training. The concept of ET's had not arisen. I thought I was failing because I could not go into a past life. Instead I was hanging upside down by by my fingernails to the top of the door frame I was supposed to go through, and into a past life in my mind. My feet were pointing up to the sky and I was being pulled up by a sort of reverse gravity. It was very embarrassing. Eventually, I was just told to let go of the door frame, I went rapidly up and then I just found myself inside a cloud of color. Movement from one place to another was instant if I wanted. Or it seemed that way. It was a nebula I was now in. From there I was just consciousness zooming about, wandering through space. I was free to do as I wished. Not a care as far as I could feel. Adventure, zipping here and there. Reminded me of sorts like a holiday but without being encumbered with a body and without having to book in anywhere, eat, catch transport, etc. No one could see me and it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I remember zooming through space, seeing a wormhole. It was lit up in the dark like a grid would be, like on graph paper. Imagine the lines were lighter and where they intersected there were spots of light like a runway. Then I saw a pyramid on a planet or whatever it was. It was pitch black but I could see a pyramid lit up, again like a grid. Just one pyramid, nothing else could be seen in the blackness. It was a glass like structure and it was if it had panels. I could see lighter lines where the panels were joined and lights again at the intersections of panels, such as at the corners. I could see 3 sides to this pyramid so I knew it had to have 5 or 6 sided. I felt it was operational and in use.

Anyway, I continued on to earth. Zoomed over the water like in a flying dream. It was exhilarating. Others like me joined me for a little, zooming across the ocean surface which was calm. At the edge of the sea, I zoomed straight into a crab. Interesting, but moments later I was picked up by a human looking hand. I was slightly startled, and moved on and out of the crab. I was zooming through a rainforest where I saw a modern looking blonde woman with shoulder length hair, sitting and meditating. I was going through this vast rainforest when suddenly I had intense pain in me, particlarly my heart area and chest, which jolted me right out of the session. The love from the plants was so intense and painful, I could not take it and it hurt. It was overwhelming. I burst out crying because I could feel the intensity. It was amazing.

Anyway, that experience made me look at the existence of ET's, which at that stage I thought I was. I have since heard and read snippets of pyramids in other places off of earth, more than the 4 sided pyramids, etc. So not sure how far back that was, but I think it was a good while.

And my last life, it seems I was a crew member or pilot being trained at a top secret base in Scotland. That was a deja vu experience where I met my husband in Scotland after an expedition in Africa, bought a house, looked around the local area and had a flashback as soon as I saw a grand house down an isolated sea loch. The flashback included feeling I was just walking back over the fields from a mission in WW2, having been dropped off by a sub in a nearby cove, back to digs. Many years later and with the coming of the internet, I found that grand house was used as digs, and a house a few miles down the road in that dead end sea loch (the house of which was demolished a good while before), was used for top secret x-craft pilot and crew training. It is now used to park Trident subs. Obviously I was a male in that life.

BTW it has given me no insight as to how males are so different from females. I don't remember what it was like to be male.

In this life, I could not be less interested in submarines, I hate tight spaces, but could cope with tight places with discipline. I was an excellent navigator in wilderness when I was younger, and loved army type activities in the wilderness when I was younger, but I do not have the temperament or confidence as a leader, so would have made good support to leadership.

I can't stand to be tethered, need my space, love deeply, and lots of other stuff that my past life memories makes sense of. There are other past lives I remember and they all add up to who I am in this life. Remembering my yesterdays means I don't put my current life down to just the electrical impulses in my brain that will cease to be when my body expires, nor does it mean I am limited to a religious belief system. I simply remember some of which I am, and I remember role reversals and repeating themes, some of which I can change some not. It boils down to what I choose to do with what happens. Understanding (some of) what has already happened, helps with some of the decisions and way of looking at things now.

Tomorrows can be peeked into and adjusted, if that is what you want to do, having gained a bit of understanding of how the past operates. I have not gone there yet (except one wee peek. Very general). There are a number of ways.

So my memories helps me make sense of this life, but with less blinkers.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), fourty-two (17th September 2017), Michi (23rd September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017), Reinhard (17th September 2017), Rich (17th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #189
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Go down to the bottom of the food chain Sunwings? No thank you. I doubt anyone will be paying for all the animals and bugs to be shrunk.
    I saw a chicken running off with a mouse the other day that it may have killed. I would not want to be that mouse.
    Good way to control the population if you are much bigger, so again, no thanks.
    Natural disasters would be magnified as it were, etc, etc.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Noelle (25th September 2017), sunwings (25th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #190
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,514 times in 4,312 posts

This is all just a meme of the trans-humanist plot to install technology as the new messiah and create a new nightmare reality for the coming century. I cannot express how dangerous and grossly warped this movement is.

And it's not a theory. A theory requires solid argument and sound data. This is just pure BS. It has no merit whatsoever. It is a hideous lie, possibly designed to draw humanity into an age of technology, where machine is king, where AI, cryogenics/immortality, simulated realities and cybernetics is the true God and the one and only goal of human evolution. This is a dark alley that leads nowhere. This is the dead space were civilizations end, not begin to thrive, no matter how they dress it up.

Haven't people seen enough evidence over the years and decades (and centuries) to convince them yet that the governments they install only oppress us, rob us, and lie to us; the militaries they fund only kill, persecute, and keep us at bay (living in fear), and the churches they attend are just negative-programming centres? And then there's the hidden deep state pulling all the strings behind the scenes. It's all part of the plan. Don't people get it yet that the over all agenda is absolute control, absolute obedience, and the absolute ignorance of us, the masses.

It seems what they want to do is have us merge both mind and body with technology. We're almost there. Walk down any urban street and you'll see a hundred zombies, heads down, staring at their phones. This is the beginning. If given the chance to merge completely, biology with technology, I expect many will jump at it. Don't you get it yet!? Simulated reality theory is the groundwork, the GENESIS chapter one verse one, of the new dark reality to come. (and no I'm not a bible thumper, it's just a metaphor).

Look inside your heart, where truth abounds. Then take a look outside the window, at the trees, the birds, the sky, the Creation of all-that-is... and then try to convince yourself this is just a mock-up, an imitation, a fake reality running on some giant fake machine. If you manage to convince (deceive) yourself that All THIS really is just a simulation, then they have achieved their ultimate goal to make you forget and reject the most important thing of all. Your human Spirit.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Star Mariner and WhiteLove both make excellent points on this page. It seems at face value we are tending towards a kind of artificial pursuit, where "great" bounds forward in technological progress come at the expense of our environment. It takes only a small step of logic further to see that what we would end up with is an environment where only technology could thrive because of how much less hospitable it would be for organic life.

Similarly we see a trend in those ultra technological types to set aside all forms of traditional spirituality, making the technology itself the "spirituality" of the day, and people hopelessly enraveled in that interpretation of reality wear their conditioning on their sleeves... they can seem cold and devoid of the very spiritual element of humanity that gives life its spark.

On the larger scale of all this however, it is important to try and entertain the idea that this is not at all necessarily an either/or kind of situation, no matter how much we are encouraged to think about such things in a binary way. The vastness of reality is rather quite big enough to handle trees of universes within which can exist both simulated and natural realities, both side by side, and within one another.

Civilizations can die off just after they give "birth" to artificial intelligences, that are then powerful and resourceful enough to create entire "organic" realities within them. At the same time, all of this can be contained within a metaverse that originates from the prime creator, which can be argued must be natural and spiritual in nature, as an artificial outermost layer would be impossible as artificial by definition is something that is created via artificial means rather than natural (a bit of a chicken and egg argument in a way, where "artificial" is the egg).

At the end of the day, artificial and natural can most definitely intertwine to a large extent within any reality, and sure enough there will be telltale signs of both all along the spectrum if you know to look for them.

It might get one further to look at the "why", entertaining ideas before determining an absolute yes/no stance to take, this flexibility does a researcher well as long as they keep their wits and common sense about them.

Why would there be an artificial simulation contained within a larger organic/spiritual container (and so on, and so forth). What gives rise to that particular simulation sub-layer?

Similarly when we reconnect with past lives or future version of ourselves, we can get further by asking "why" rather than being adamant about determining whether it's real or a fiction of imagination. If it's real, there ought to be something useful about it, the "why" question should be able to get some kind of an answer.

Clues are provided for the diligent researcher, learning what they had been going about beginning in previous lives where more work was needed to be done in this one, or why we might send ourselves back critical information from the future when needed.

What's most interesting about this particular conversation, is that it is something we will definitely be able to come back to in a few decades more time, for those of us still around. It is hard to find anyone who's done their homework about simulation theory who does not also believe in the singularity, the point where it will be beyond all shadow of a doubt that we are at least in some sub-spectrum of a greater reality, within a simulation. But then we will simultaneously see a higher purpose behind it all, one that is not at all artificial in nature, and the ever-spiraling intertwining of both elements will become more evident, as well as the reason why this is so.

For those already seeing the higher purpose behind it all, there is no reason to wait. It is possible to act on that understanding immediately, to get involved so that we are each doing more to shape the direction that reality is taking heading into that time of the singularity. We will reach a point beforehand where we will have pretty well established our "trajectory" heading into it, and that will make a big difference as to what the outcome is.

Anyway, in conclusion, as usual, everyone is right. But they are right with regards to the "slices of the total reality" they are looking at. Reality as a whole can readily combine all of these viewpoints together and have them all be true. Anyone is invited to do the kind of remote viewing campaign that reveals all this directly to them in their own exploration - no trusting in the opinions of others needed whatsoever.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (26th September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #192
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

At the end of the day, artificial and natural can most definitely intertwine to a large extent within any reality, and sure enough there will be telltale signs of both all along the spectrum if you know to look for them.

It's hard to argue against that, the intertwining of the artificial and natural. There are many examples of this, such as the use of augmented reality technology.

It might get one further to look at the "why", entertaining ideas before determining an absolute yes/no stance to take, this flexibility does a researcher well as long as they keep their wits and common sense about them.

I totally agree. I think we entrap ourselves by buying too much into certain ideas or belief systems. I, for one, must remain open minded with a dash of skepticism. I don't want to be fooled again.

Anyway, in conclusion, as usual, everyone is right. But they are right with regards to the "slices of the total reality" they are looking at. Reality as a whole can readily combine all of these viewpoints together and have them all be true. Anyone is invited to do the kind of remote viewing campaign that reveals all this directly to them in their own exploration - no trusting in the opinions of others needed whatsoever.

A great closing to your post -- and I agree: There must be something right in all of our views/theories, or there is a way to look at the big picture to see how we are all right. That's what I am after. I want to zoom out as far as possible to understand it all.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

triquetra (2nd October 2017)

25. Link to Post #193
    Slovenia Avalon Member BlueMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

It is important to ask the right questions.

How much of our reality is simulated? Am I alone in the simulation or is this a multiplayer game? Are there multidimensional beings that are in this simulation at the same time, or are they just a part of the simulation?

If everything is simulated, then you're the only thing in this world that's real.

If this is a multiplayer game, then all the players (or some players only) are real.

Multidimensional beings could be just another lifeform similar to you that chose another role to play. Or was given another role to play. Or they could be completely made up.

Why make all of this up? Write a script so complex, long and tight so that humanity wouldn't ever see a glitch? What's the purpose? Create an enormous world with complex rules just so that some entities (ourselves) can play this game?

Hm. Maybe.

Our virtual realities are still far from this reality we're experiencing. We're completely immersed in it. We feel our body. We think with our minds. We have this character we're bound to since birth (or very young age) and our consciousness always comes back to it. After daydreaming, we remember where and who we are. After we wake up, we remember what day it is and what are we supposed to do today.
    Is it possible to switch consciousness from your "natural body" into some kind of a game/simulation? I can be immersed in a movie and I can feel the character, but when my body needs food, watching the character in the movie eating food doesn't satisfy my needs.
    But then again, maybe my soul/real body doesn't need much of anything in the time of my lifespan in this simulation.

I myself must be real. I think, therefore I am. What I perceive though, I cannot tell if it is real or not. Our senses deceive us. But similar to dreams, this is just one of the stages of consciousness. The dreams are real until you wake up. This world is real until we die.

Our own brain/subconscious influents dreams, and maybe some bigger mind influents our waking experience right now, in this world.

For sure, there must be something more real than what we sense, for our senses are very limited. I mean, there are infinitely small and infinitely big vibrations that can exist, and we only see/hear/feel a small part of the whole spectrum. You can't see UV light, and you sure can't sense electromagnetic waves vibrating at billions of hertz.

We're in a simulation of our own minds. Our own minds simulate/project the world for us, based on the signals we receive. It's not real. It's just a presentation of reality.

And whether this reality is simulated or not, I don't know. But I don't think it is. Nothing within me resonates with the idea of a computer simulation, made for humanity/myself only.

I wasn't thinking about this topic a lot, because like I said, it doesn't really resonate with me. But I like "asking the right question" and going down the philosophical rabbit hole.
    So this is just what I came up with in this few minutes.

Who knows.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (26th September 2017), Noelle (25th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #194
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good points all, but just to add: how do we define the word 'simulated' in "a simulated reality" in the first place? Without a clear definition to start out with, it's difficult to proceed.

My only disagreement to this theory of a simulated reality – relative to how we perceive the word simulated – is that it tends towards a sort of technological explanation. Such as some kind a gigantic extra-terrestrial super-computer being responsible, and we're all just bits of binary information swimming around in its circuits, effectively rats in a computer-generated maze. This is quite wrong.

But there is another kind of meaning to a simulated reality, in that this physical reality we perceive each day is not the ultimate reality, but a lower extension of it. We are spiritual beings, beings of consciousness that exist at multiple layers of awareness, each layer projecting into correspondingly multiple layers of reality, (this present incarnation being just one). This physical reality we find ourselves in on the Earth plane is a low, slow, and heavy aspect or manifestation of reality, a mere slice of the all-reality, or multiverse, that encompasses the whole.

When we die, we'll unite with a higher expression of ourselves in a much finer, purer reality than this. This is our natural spiritual condition. I think we all have a soul memory throw-back to that condition which we carry with us deep down, and whenever we are here in these physical incarnations on Earth, that memory triggers the realisation within us that says 'hey, something is wrong here. This does not feel like the complete reality...' We're right to trust that feeling, because it is not.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Noelle (26th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #195
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Good points all, but just to add: how do we define the word 'simulated' in "a simulated reality" in the first place? Without a clear definition to start out with, it's difficult to proceed.

My only disagreement to this theory of a simulated reality – relative to how we perceive the word simulated – is that it tends towards a sort of technological explanation. Such as some kind a gigantic extra-terrestrial super-computer being responsible, and we're all just bits of binary information swimming around in its circuits, effectively rats in a computer-generated maze. This is quite wrong.

But there is another kind of meaning to a simulated reality, in that this physical reality we perceive each day is not the ultimate reality, but a lower extension of it. We are spiritual beings, beings of consciousness that exist at multiple layers of awareness, each layer projecting into correspondingly multiple layers of reality, (this present incarnation being just one). This physical reality we find ourselves in on the Earth plane is a low, slow, and heavy aspect or manifestation of reality, a mere slice of the all-reality, or multiverse, that encompasses the whole.

When we die, we'll unite with a higher expression of ourselves in a much finer, purer reality than this. This is our natural spiritual condition. I think we all have a soul memory throw-back to that condition which we carry with us deep down, and whenever we are here in these physical incarnations on Earth, that memory triggers the realisation within us that says 'hey, something is wrong here. This does not feel like the complete reality...' We're right to trust that feeling, because it is not.
    Right. "Simulation" is one of many words with multiple meanings. It means something fake or something generated by a computer. The Gnostics, when describing Hal, may not have been referring to a computer simulation -- but then computer technology as we know it did not exist when their teachings emerged (though, I could be wrong about that )

About Hal, written by John Lash:

The Lord Archon is called antimimon pneuma, "counterfeit spirit." (Apoc John III, 36:17. The term occurs several times in different texts.) The cosmos he produces is described by the Coptic term hal, "simulation." The vast planetary system of the Archons is a stereoma, a virtual reality projection in simulation of a higher dimensional pattern.

Typically, the Archontic framework of the planetary system has been depicted by "armillary bands" that surround the Earth. (Illustration from A. Cellarius, Harmonia Macrocosma, 1660.) Taken in many esoteric systems (Hermetics and Rosicrucianism) as the preeminent image of cosmic harmony, the model of the planetary spheres reflects a mindless imitation of divine design, not the living reality of the cosmos.

Yaldabaoth, the presumed all-mighty creator God, really creates nothing; instead, he copies from "archetypal" patterns in the Pleroma. The planetary stereoma of his making is like a plastic copy of an abalone shell. Only someone who does not know the reality of the abalone shell, and what living miracle of nature is required to produce it, would accept the plastic substitution. Here again, the cosmic-noetic parallel applies: Archons simulate in the cosmos at large, and they also simulate in the human mind. This is a key indication of their effect, a clue to their subtle intrusion tactics.

The main cosmological texts in the Nag Hamadi Library (NHL), On the Origin of the World, The Hypostasis of the Archons, and The Apocryphon of John, are consistent in describing how the solar system arises as an inorganic simulation of the living pattern of the eternal Aeons. Here is further insight into "the generation of error."

One might be excused (but just barely) for mistaking plastic for pearl, but it would be terrible ignorance indeed to be unaware that it takes an entire ocean and a living, symbiotic biosphere to produce a pearl. Yet such is the ignorance of the Archons that they cannot comprehend the living miracle of divine order, rooted in the Pleroma, even when they are imitating it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (26th September 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), fourty-two (26th September 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th September 2017), pueblo (3rd October 2017)

31. Link to Post #196
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for these interesting passages LadyM, I've read a little Gnostic material before, and stuff on the Archons (there's plenty across the forums), but I have a hard time with it. The principles of this "hal" or virtual reality simulation could simply be a rough description of this lower expression of Earth, this 'material realm' we find ourselves in. From that point of view it's kind of correct, because the physical framework of this reality is purely counterfeit by comparison to Spirit - the ultimate reality. But again we come back to that tricky word 'simulation'.

This Universe is only one realm, one wavelength of Creation. We cannot at present see or really detect the numerous, perhaps infinite others. If this Earth, this cosmos, was built and designed by an intelligence far beyond our own, I believe it was by Spirit at or near the God-level of awareness. But that doesn't fit in with what these Archons are supposed to be, and I continue to struggle with how exactly they, when taken literally, fit in.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (27th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #197
    Thanks

More excellent points by everyone. On the topic of "what is real" and "what is virtual" - it may be interesting to consider the possibility that these things do not, and in fact, cannot, exist in absolute terms - only in relative terms.

In other words, our perceived "reality" is real relative to the virtual worlds we create.

By the same token, if you have a look "up there" or "out there", for example by extended remote viewing protocol, it is possible to confirm with a high degree of confidence that our reality is virtual relative to another much more "real" reality above/outside of our own.

This is poignantly symbolized in the movie Avalon (2001) that I think anyone should really watch a few times over to really get the symbolism. It is much deeper than it appears to be at first.

The Troika remote viewers led an interesting mini-campaign on this subject and I had to have a look for myself. It is ongoing as part of a much larger campaign related to recovery of information needed to construct specific technological items. But it is good to have a grasp on the context. What is really going on around us.

Star Mariner is spot on about the nature of our simulation being much more accurately oriented towards a natural extension of our smaller perceived reality (the universe) into a much broader one. This is something that we can all tap into and is a good answer to the question of how it is possible to remote view outside of the simulation (as a general rule, it is *always* possible to do this, no illusory simulation is so perfect that it cannot be perceived, only imagined, other than *the base one created by Prime Creator*!)

Also, on the point of the Gnostics, they really represented the culmination of the thread of esoteric knowledge which more of less died with them when the church was taken over for alternative purposes around early centuries A.D. They understood, how the demiurges could weave on a much more limited level another sub-layer of illusory "virtual reality" that we would get completely caught up in in the centuries to follow. This is of course why their scriptures were left out.

Anyhow the point here is that you don't want spiritual ascension on your factory farm floor so it is good to keep those treadmills running, making people feel they are making progress without actually ever getting anywhere.

This is all starting to finally fall apart which is what is going to make things in the next while especially interesting.
    Last edited by triquetra; 2nd October 2017 at 07:39.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017), Scottoz (7th October 2017), Smell the Roses (3rd October 2017)

35. Link to Post #198
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by triquetra (here)
    Anyhow the point here is that you don't want spiritual ascension on your factory farm floor so it is good to keep those treadmills running, making people feel they are making progress without actually ever getting anywhere.
    Absolutely. It's about keeping us contained, subdued and preoccupied in the daily struggles of life. Most don't have time for the greater, spiritual reality, because they're too busy trying to survive the physical one.

And because they have no comprehension of that greater, spiritual reality their hypotheses for reality - as we see here - tends to adhere to physical parameters with physical restrictions (they are perceiving nothing beyond that). Case in point, the theory of an alien super-computer to describe and explain the Universe.

It's rather tragic (and a little bit hilarious), when you consider that nature-worshipping, pre-Abrahamic stone-age Man, 8,000+ years ago, had a better grasp of the actual reality than these so-called cutting edge thinkers (and theologians) today.

This is how warped this world has become.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Bruno (3rd October 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (3rd October 2017), pueblo (3rd October 2017), Smell the Roses (3rd October 2017)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Objective Reality vs Consciousness

An excerpt from a site called Objectivism101.com, while I don't personally believe in objective reality I think this is well written and food for thought:

The phrase "objective reality" means that reality exists independent of our minds. The description "objective" doesn't make a lot of sense on its own, but it does in comparison to the competing theory of the relationship between consciousness and existence.

The Primacy of Consciousness is the view, which Objectivism rejects, that reality is a product of consciousness. In this view, the world is a product of our minds, or the mind of some other being (god). It doesn't exist in itself. It exists as a "figment of your imagination". Like a concept or a memory, reality is said to exist as only a part of your mind. That means that you can change reality by changing your mind. Or another possibility is that you gain knowledge of reality by understanding yourself, or by introspecting. In either case, reality is said to not have it's own existence, but be just a product of your mind. If your mind ever stopped, like if you died, the world would die with you.

The Primacy of Existence, which is the Objectivist view, states that reality exists independent of our minds. If we want something to happen, we can't just wish it to happen. We have to act. If we want to gain knowledge about the world, we have to look out at the world and reason with what we see. If your mind were to stop functioning as in death, reality would stay the same. This is where the adjective "objective" comes into play in "objective reality". It means that reality is not just a part of our minds, but exists as some outside fact that we can reference.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (5th October 2017)

39. Link to Post #200
    Thanks

Again, to this I would say, have we not seen evidence that both might be simultaneously true? Can a reality, be it virtual or real, be so intricate that it actually "crossfades" between objectivist and subjectivist modes depending on cetain factors?

It seems impossible at first, but it is worth imagining, if only as an exercise, how it might be true. What is the mechanism that causes reality to "invert itself inside out" so to speak? Does such a thing seem not dissimilar to things we know have a similar capability, if only symbolically, like a moebius strip or a kleine bottle?

In the deepest of meditations, or the furthest reaches that can be explored while remote viewing, the vastness of meta-reality really opens up, and we begin to doubt any of the more limited models applied to it, particularly those based on opposites or dualities. If reality is what we can perceive in a prolonged moment of contemplation, then meta-reality is always the superset of that reality from where it was created. When it becomes evident that this relationship extends itself again and again along the 5th dimension, it becomes clear that meta-reality can be all sorts of things all at the same time.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (5th October 2017), Rich (5th October 2017), Scottoz (7th October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 10 15 LastLast