+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast

Thread: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #241
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,235 times in 2,174 posts

Default Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

Quote Black hole BOMBSHELL: NASA astronomer hints universe could be a HOLOGRAM

BLACK holes could hold all of the secrets of the universe and prove once and for all we live in a “giant hologram”, a NASA astronomer has spectacularly claimed.

Black holes are incredible wells of gravity, where the force of attraction traps everything including light. Black holes are often found at the hearts of galaxies and up until April this year have been purely theoretical. In April, astronomers behind the Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) collaboration photographed the first ever shadow of a black hole millions of light-years from Earth. But little is still known about the exact nature of these terrifying objects and speculation is rampant.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...affic.outbrain

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Franny (3rd March 2020), Jambo (5th April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

3. Link to Post #242
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 times in 163 posts

Another interesting source, explaining the background of the simulated (virtual) reality: Project Camelot Interview: James Mahu

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

Jambo (5th April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

5. Link to Post #243
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

The amazing story of Jerry Wills, as told by Linda Moulton Howe in her presentation " Is Our Universe Someone Else's Computer Simulation?"

Starts at 34:47

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Franny (3rd March 2020), Jambo (5th April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

7. Link to Post #244
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 times in 163 posts

In the Fifth Interview of Dr Jamisson Neruda, on the virtual prison reality, he has mentioned that the science will expose the walls of the virtual prison:

Quote Dr. Neruda: “Science will find the walls. They won’t expose the crack or necessarily assist in the demolition, but they will expose the walls—”
    (…)
    “The WingMakers have explained that around the time that the human portal is activated, a scientist of great stature will emerge with a theory that will support the inception point. (…)

Sarah: “Do you know the name of this scientist?”

Dr. Neruda: “No.”

Sarah: “Do you think it’s you?”

Dr. Neruda: “No. I have no stature. No one has ever heard of me. The WingMakers were speaking of someone who held a high degree of credibility in the scientific community.”
    It seems that the guy is Brian Whitworth a senior lecturer in Information Systems at Massey University of the University of New Zealand?! Here are his papers on the physical world as a virtual reality:

Chapter 1: The Physical World as a Virtual Reality

Chapter 2: Simulating Space and Time

Chapter 3: The Light of Existence

Chapter 4: The Matter Glitch

Chapter 5: Matter Teleports

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

Delight (17th June 2019), Franny (2nd March 2020), Gemma13 (17th June 2019), Jambo (5th April 2023), Mashika (4th October 2019), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #245
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Reviving a dormant thread here...

A really good Skeptiko discussion with Rizwan Virk - but first - here's his blog post from a few years back entitled,

The Simulation Hypothesis — Why Quantum Physics, AI, and Eastern Mystics Agree We Are In A Video...

An MIT trained computer scientist and Silicon Valley video game designer gives 10 reasons for the “Simulation Hypothesis”: that our reality is a simulated, pixelated 3d world where we all have individual xp, levels, and quests run by some giant Artificial Intelligence

and here's the Skeptiko discussion which presents an opportunity to have some interesting philosophical discussions if folks are interseted.

Riz Virk, The Simulation Hypothesis Beyond Materialism |442|

If we are in a "role playing game" simulation... who are the RPGs and who are the AI?
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Baby Steps (2nd March 2020), Franny (2nd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

11. Link to Post #246
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Should I interpret no commentary (based on my post just above this one) to say, no one at PA has interest in exploring the possibility "we" are in a simulation?

It used to be of interest here.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Franny (2nd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

13. Link to Post #247
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

If the Universe were a computer simulation and we are a role playing game....would there be a Covid-19?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Chester (3rd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

15. Link to Post #248
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

My problem is with the 'computer' part. 'Simulation' I can accept easily enough. I don't like the idea that a 'technology' exists that is so advanced that we can't detect it. It also implies an intelligence equally occulted, and therefore of nefarious intent. Not to mention it calls into question what we even are. Are we just input variables in a simulated matrix, with no reality apart from our coded selves? Or are we housed somewhere, our bodies rigged up to automated systems to keep it alive while our minds are high-jacked by the simulation?

If you were to claim that our reality is a simulation, upheld by one giant mind that bestows the illusion of solidity in an insubstantial medium, I could agree more wholeheartedly.

Humans don't take to captivity very well. I submit that even if their whole reality were subverted at the same time, they would know. I would know. Wouldn't you?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Chester (3rd March 2020), Franny (3rd March 2020), greybeard (2nd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

17. Link to Post #249
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

This thread liked below may be relevant to this discussion at least in part.
    Chris
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1329442
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (3rd March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2020), Franny (3rd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

19. Link to Post #250
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

This is just going to be what I learned from various places that cobbles together. David Icke talks about a matrix. At some point I read he suggested that the matrix was hacked by a sort of mind level operation. I learned form neville goddard that imagination is god. our own human imagination is god. We are the creators of this "realm' by our imaginations. The practices he teaches are aimed at directing the personal imaginative skills.

Neville also states that this is a repeating experience. He even states that we actually repeat and repeat the life we have imagined (which is a state). then one gains facility in changing states and it can become a very pleasant experience. One becomes able to more actively enjoy the state of being one creates. this continues until one awakens being who one is.... god. That seems to imply moving out of the matrix.

I love the fact that I have a metaphor which makes sense. in imagination, even with a movie seen, one can be immersed in a play. An actor can "become" another character. a director has so much power to flavor a whole script. Vadim Zealand has a metaphor that we are performing a script. This script is one we should not be particularly focused on because it plays out. There is another layer of consideration to change the play. That is by acquiring a change in space of variations... perhaps fractals of all possible scripts. One must learn a sort of change in choice ability. One must become a new person says Joe Dispenza but the EVIDENCE comes after the change. One imagines one's self being the kind of person who has a new END... what one experiences when one has changed the state.

These work in life when one practices. The FACT that this play has malleability makes it an interaction which I will look at as artistic. the purpose IMO for this interactive experience is about art. It is about being ART-IS-ITs.

Making the most of yourself makes the reality most rich and juicy. IMO the simulation is like a place to make art... but the TRUE art is missed when one just is able to see the artifacts. One must ignore the artifacts and create. Take back that original matrix which is maya which is epehemeral but a true work of art. That is like the question about art being real or not. We allow that there is a big difference in original artifacts and copies. The hacked matrix is a copy of a copy of a copy all repeating. They are devoid of joy and feel hollow. The artist IMBUES deep feeling into his work. So you know when you are being the artist as you direct love into the mundane.

I enjoy my knowledge of what I have cobbled together because it works when I work it. That is exciting and reassuring.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Chester (3rd March 2020), Franny (3rd March 2020), Michel Leclerc (25th September 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #251
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)
    If the Universe were a computer simulation and we are a role playing game....would there be a Covid-19?
    Good question.

Would there be flu? Would there be cancer? Would there be the black plague? Would there be rats that carry the black plague?

Wouldn't any element within a simulation be up to the designer?

If we are RPGs, is our participation willingly chosen? If one likes one of the many variations of the Gnostic myth, could we be captured souls thrown into this sub reality created by the Demiurge (The Architect).

All sorts of excellent questions arise.

Could there be simulations within simulations?

Could some of us be RPGs (role-playing gamers) and others NCPs (non-player characters, ie. AI)?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Franny (3rd March 2020), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

23. Link to Post #252
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,636 times in 20,812 posts

Lightbulb Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

• "Nothing You See is Real" | Donald Hoffman

Full interview:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Inversion (15th August 2022), mojo (7th December 2022), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Peace in Oz (8th December 2022)

25. Link to Post #253
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Interesting this is first time that I really considered that we are not living at base reality according to Elon Musk and others, but always believed in the Multiverse hypothesis.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Inversion (9th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th December 2022), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

27. Link to Post #254
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,386 times in 1,629 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Interesting this is first time that I really considered that we are not living at base reality according to Elon Musk and others, but always believed in the Multiverse hypothesis.
    Another great presentation by AJ. Video games mimic reality and those that play could be more inclined to do that than experience our reality simulation. The holodeck depicted in Star Trek: TNG would be an elevated technology. At 08:50 he said they found error correcting code used to describe string theory.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (10th December 2022), mojo (9th December 2022), Nasu (3rd April 2023)

29. Link to Post #255
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Does anyone else remember Jiffy?

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2023), Harmony (10th December 2022), Inversion (10th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th December 2022), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

31. Link to Post #256
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,754 times in 2,614 posts

mojo, I remember Jiffy peanut butter.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2023), Inversion (10th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th December 2022), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

33. Link to Post #257
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,636 times in 20,812 posts

• Experiment That May Show Whether We Live in a Simulation:

0:00 Do we live in a simulation?
    0:50 History of this question, Chinese, Greek and others
    1:50 Modern take
    3:20 Can it be proven experimentally?
    3:50 Not holographic principle!
    4:20 Potential proof of simulation ideas
    6:10 Quantum physics proofs, double slit experiments
    7:30 Experimental setup to test this
    10:00 Conclusions and more ideas
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (3rd April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

35. Link to Post #258
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

This is appropriate here.

Quote ing Her Near Death Experience She Went Outside Of Our Digital Reality

Near-death experience guest is Lauda Leon, who has been clinically dead 3 times and experienced completely different type of NDE experience. Besides having a near death experience she also had had many OBEs and has pre-birth memory of being show the nature of this facsimile reality and the nature of the trap and battle here. Lauda is a psychic counselor, forensic anomalous profiler, Spirit seer and practitioner of Spirit energetics in her operating capacity as a quantum energy shifter. She works as a facilitator toward personal healing, utilizing both innate and learned abilities towards excavation of soul memories, created time-lines, densities and multi dimensional realms of existence. Her ever evolving, lifelong abilities are additionally aided via more conventional means of learning through university studies within the fields of psychology, anthropology, archaeology and environmental politics which enhances the parapsychology excavation process. The Universal Spiral Creation is the Key to all experiences and all levels of Creation.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2023), gini (3rd April 2023), Harmony (3rd April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), Orph (3rd April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

37. Link to Post #259
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,161 times in 897 posts

Chris Langan: IQ, Free Will, Psychedelics, CTMU, & God---
    ---- Jul 15, 2021 Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal
    Chris Langan has the highest recorded IQ in America, and has invented a theory of everything called the CTMU based in metalogic. --
    Pinned by Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal
    Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal
    1 year ago (edited)
    NEW CHRIS LANGAN SPEAKS TO BERNARDO KASTRUP: https://youtu.be/HsXxgQy4xLQ
    Timestamps:
    00:00:00 Introduction
    00:06:00 How long does it take to learn the CTMU?
    00:09:52 Introduction to the CTMU
    00:12:03 Syntax and Semantics duality (Stone duality)
    00:13:26 Syntactic covering, human cognitive syntax, and reality syntax
    00:14:38 "Language" is more like reality than mathematical language
    00:15:19 Love, related to "inner expansion"
    00:16:28 There's no such thing as a "literal interpretation"
    00:17:47 Standard physics is a linear-ectomorphic semi-model
    00:19:59 Zeno's paradox and the problem with continuity / real numbers
    00:22:00 The conspansive manifold
    00:24:03 Meta-simultaneity
    00:25:58 CTMU set theory vs ZFC
    00:28:15 Metaformal system vs formal system
    00:32:37 Free will and telic recursion
    00:34:17 Evil is incoherent
    00:35:20 Syndiffeonesis and the hierarchy of metalanguages
    00:37:32 Difference from sameness (monism / nonduality)
    00:40:00 Mach's principle
    00:42:08 Expanding universe (expanding INTO what? vs. the metric)
    00:44:37 How did Chris come up with the CTMU?
    00:45:41 Newcomb's paradox and free will
    00:55:16 Unary relations and syndiffeonesis
    00:57:02 You participate in what you perceive. You help create the world.
    01:01:38 A theory of everything must "explain" cognition
    01:02:26 Origin of life
    01:03:19 Many Worlds Interpretation is "hogwash"
    01:08:17 Existence is everywhere a choice to exist
    01:12:58 Definition of G.O.D. (God)
    01:14:16 If consciousness is associated with quantum collapse, can a particle be evil?
    01:15:25 Good vs evil (in the CTMU)
    01:17:14 Human Singularity vs Tech Singularity
    01:20:18 Mind uploading
    01:22:14 Maximum entanglement speed
    01:23:01 Liar's paradox
    01:24:49 What is death? What happens after death?
    01:26:38 UFOs / UAPs / Jack Sarfatti
    01:30:58 Chris' paranormal experiences
    01:39:10 On the criticism of Chris' CTMU (and Weinstein / Wolfram)
    01:43:27 Supertautology
    01:46:05 Interpreting different religions as aspect of the same reality
    01:46:55 Why is atheism associated with being intellectual?
    01:51:31 IQ and Stephen Jay Gould
    01:54:19 Race and IQ
    02:00:04 The truth about intelligence is that there's more to it than IQ
    02:03:46 On Chris' personality, and how he chose his wife
    02:11:18 New Atheism and Sam Harris / Dawkins
    02:18:07 Hell exists
    02:23:47 Belief vs action
    02:27:29 God is his own bound
    02:28:10 Who was Jesus? Who was Buddha?
    02:30:52 Klee Irwin
    02:36:05 Joscha Bach
    02:38:33 Proto-computation vs Turing machine
    02:44:50 Eric Weinstein's Geometric Unity
    02:46:57 Stephen Wolfram's Theory of Everything
    02:49:04 Donald Hoffman's "reality is an illusion"
    02:50:34 Bohm and Bergson
    02:55:07 Douglas Hofstadter's Strange Loop
    02:56:37 Penrose and Hameroff
    02:59:36 Thomas Campbell's "My Big TOE"
    03:02:07 Noam Chomsky
    03:06:06 Jordan Peterson
    03:07:45 Metacausation
    03:10:56 Logico-geometric duality
    03:13:17 Trialic
    03:14:47 [Dav] Where to contact Chris?
    03:16:04 [Dav] Afterlife carries our memories?
    03:18:00 How is consciousness defined?
    03:19:26 [Dav] Wittgenstein and Jonathan Mize
    03:21:44 [Steven Nikolic] Information and logical ruleset are the only necessary ontology
    03:24:08 [Carian Dudley] Which philosophers of the past came the closest?
    03:25:19 [Carian Dudley] Gödel's incompleteness theorems and CTMU
    03:26:58 [Timothy O'Brien] Leibniz's Monadology's relation to CTMU
    03:27:44 [Eike Freidank] Difference relations
    03:28:23 [Stephen Olis] Arenas where Chris feels dumb or average?
    03:29:00 Nootropics, psychedelics, and meditation
    03:36:27 [Snorre Grimstad] Can the CTMU help someone with a psychological disorder?
    03:37:47 [Snorre Grimstad] Do you have to experience the world to understand it?
    03:40:11 Rationalism
    03:41:45 How is science limited?
    03:46:02 The universe is more than the sum of its parts
    03:48:20 What Chris would have done different in the developing his theory
    03:50:35 Advice for YOU (the viewer), developing your own TOE
    03:54:21 Philanthropism and Bill Gates
    04:00:03 Advice for Curt

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2023), Nasu (3rd April 2023), ozmirage (4th April 2023), Pam (4th April 2023)

39. Link to Post #260
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Dr Thomas Campbell (of Monroe Institute & NASA), asserted that consciousness affects the material world, but not vice versa. Thus consciousness is the superior frame of reference. He goes on to explain how the disparity of Relativity and Quantum mechanics are resolved by considering our world as a simulation. Everything is a probability cloud until "nailed down" by measurement. It also explains the famous "double slit" experiment where light was shown to be a particle or a wave, but not both. And he also pointed out that the "Big Bang" is a direct violation of Causality, since we cannot determine what caused it (or preceded it) - and thus the whole universe is a "metaphysical" manifestation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast