+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conformity

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Default Conformity

Hi all, I think this will be of use to some viewers here...

Peace

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (9th January 2021), holcaul (9th January 2021), Hym (8th January 2021), Jayke (18th August 2011), Omni (18th August 2011), pacificator (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), samildamach (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021), Tintin (8th January 2021), westhill (18th August 2011), Zirconian (8th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,677 times in 2,230 posts

Default Re: Conformity

This subject, conformity, is of huge importance right now as we struggle to understand how so many people seem to blindly accept the freedom crushing, tyrannical dictates imposed on us that are supposed to mitigate the effects of the so-called "Covid19 pandemic".

It is not only that people have fallen hook line and sinker for the blatant propaganda blasted at them 24/7 in the MSM, there is a deeper more subtle force at play here, namely the innate human urge to conform.

In this video below and the one posted above by the OP, people time and time again are willing to disregard their own value judgements in favour of the prevailing group judgement.

This trait is no doubt well known and understood by the controllers and is exploited to maximum effect. I have 2 personal friends who I would have sworn were awake and wise to the shenanigans used by the controllers to herd their sheep into whatever pen they wanted, but, inexplicably both these people have bought into the full pandemic narrative as presented to them and take it for truth.

When you combine the human propensity for conforming along with a heavy dose of fear and intense propaganda it becomes easy to see how we are so easily manipulated and controlled.

"The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity, even a dead fish can go with the flow"
    -Jim Hightower

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

aoibhghaire (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (8th January 2021), Harmony (9th January 2021), holcaul (9th January 2021), Hym (8th January 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2021), pacificator (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021), Tintin (8th January 2021), Zirconian (8th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,755 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    This subject, conformity, is of huge importance right now as we struggle to understand how so many people seem to blindly accept the freedom crushing, tyrannical dictates imposed on us that are supposed to mitigate the effects of the so-called "Covid19 pandemic".
    Yes, thanks for bumping this. I'd been thinking of posting something similar myself, but didn't even know this 2011 thread was there!

It's bewildering, scary, and very important to try to understand how vast numbers of people, all over the world in different cultures, can so easily believe and be convinced of utterly different, contrary and incompatible things. (And often things that simply aren't in their own interests.)

My strong suspicion is that the global controllers, whoever they are, understand all this VERY well, far better than the citizens do — and use sophisticated lab-researched techniques for optimizing propaganda. They've been doing this for decades, but it's now a highly-tuned black art.

One way conformity might be described is the condition of all the people who'd rather feel comfortably 'right' than uncomfortably questioning the narrative they're intended to believe or adopt.

The propaganda war really is the global battle we're in right now. Humans are very. very malleable, and neither high intellect nor standard education are assured defenses.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th January 2021), Harmony (9th January 2021), holcaul (9th January 2021), Hym (8th January 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2021), kudzy (8th January 2021), pacificator (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021), Tintin (8th January 2021), Yoda (8th January 2021), Zirconian (8th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,765 times in 533 posts

In Dutch there is a saying: "Hoge bomen vangen veel wind." Translated it means "A big tree attracts the woodsman's axe."

Many if not most people on PA are "high trees", are hardly adhering conformity.
    But the main question is, how far will one go before "giving in", so as not to get axed"?
    When your own health, job or life is in danger? Or maybe that of a spouse, child or sibling?

These tactics were - and still are - widespread: if "they" - whoever "they" are at a particular time - can't get you to comply, your loved ones get targeted.

And even way before that, most ("regular") people will chose who's "winning", in whatever way or situation, because it demands less effort and/or brings more profit.

This present-day-world may well be a kind of "testing ground" for soul's courage-development! And it probably has been for a long time. It becomes just more apparent now.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

aoibhghaire (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th January 2021), Harmony (9th January 2021), Hym (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021), Tintin (8th January 2021), Zirconian (8th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

I was thinking about this very subject today when I read this article.

I am not trying to move this discussion into politics but I think this is a perfect example and it is applicable to this discussion............... It does not matter what is right or wrong it is simply time to conform. The last line of this story says it all. The group wants conformity, they want things in their natural and normal order. It speaks volumes when the group applauds Graham's desire to conform.

Lindsey Graham found that it was easier to conform to the norm for the sake of job, security, finance, position, power, or whatever reason. He is not willing to make real change by risking it all. Real change happens when people are willing to break through that conformity. Putting everything on the line until real change is achieved.

‘A hell of a journey’: Lindsey Graham says it’s time to recognize Biden as the winner

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham blasted efforts to challenge the Electoral College votes as "the most offensive concept in the world," urging Vice President Mike Pence to certify President-elect Joe Biden as the next president.

Speaking emphatically from the Senate floor Wednesday night, Graham said he and President Donald Trump had had "a hell of a journey. I hate it to end this way. Oh, my God, I hate it." And while he briefly applauded Trump as a "consequential president," he dismissed the president's ploy to challenge the election results in Congress as "not going to do any good."

"To the conservatives who believe in the Constitution, now is your chance to stand up and be counted," Graham said. "So, Mike, Mr. Vice President, just hang in there. They said we can count on Mike. All of us can count on the vice president. You are going to do the right thing. You are going to do the constitutional thing."

Graham's comments prompted applause on the Senate floor as he asserted that Biden would be the next president.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-winner-455717
    Last edited by rgray222; 8th January 2021 at 21:39.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (9th January 2021), Hym (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread