Thread: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

Thanks for clarifying that, L&G. It did sound as though you were implying the DL had something to do with the Karmapa's death.

True, there has been rivalry between the different schools in Tibetan history, but it should be very clear that the Chinese and such black ops as the CIA are threatened by the very real power of such individuals as the Karmapa and the D.L, who, like many Native American elders who possess great "Medicine", can, by their very presence, thwart aims of controlling and dividing and conquering.
    Once the Chinese gov's intent to invade was clear, I'm sure those rivalries were dropped and their common cause became the protection of their people and their country's sovereignty.

If people succumb to the kind of propaganda that such dark forces are putting out to demonize the Tibetan leaders, that would be most unfortunate.
    The title of this thread and some of the content would lead one to believe that that was the purpose of this thread.
    I am surprised and shocked to find it here on PA yet again, and it makes me wonder what the motivations are for continuing this "debate".

I have known people who have worked closely with the last Karmapa and other Tibetan lamas, who have traveled to the region and come to know the people.
    As I understand it, the love of the people for their spiritual leaders is quite genuine, the spiritual power of those leaders is for the most part very real, and the desire of the Chinese and the dark ops to crush that power is very malevolent.
    I am surprised that, instead of a discussion about the power and authenticity of the lamas in question, we have one here which seems to be furthering the despots and black ops aims.

So I will add here one experience I had having to do with the last Karmapa, in hopes it may help to change the energy here.
    He was in San Francisco in the 70s to perform the Red Hat Ceremony, a kind of spiritual initiation.
    I was working behind the scenes at the home of a friend, a wealthy benefactress who was instrumental in helping the lamas come to the US to teach.
    Her home was in the suburbs of SF, but even from that distance, I could feel the power of the ceremony as hundreds of initiates received the Karmapa's bestowal of energy.

Many years later, a friend showed me a series of photographs that were taken of the Karmapa while he was meditating.
    You could see his form becoming more and more transparent as he went deeper and deeper into samadhi.
    Some parts of him were actually invisible in the last photos of the sequence.
    James Gilliland posted some similar photos on his site of a Japanese monk at ECETI ranch, who was photographed while bi-locating.
    You can see why such powers, developed without the benefit of technology, might be threatening to the Chinese gov and the black ops.

Please, let us not paint such people as villains on this forum.
    The Dalia Lama, who I have seen in person myself quite recently, emits the most loving of vibrations and loving kindness.
    Though there may be dark times in the history of Tibet, we do not have to add to the darkness here by assisting the dark side in their work of painting everything black.
    Last edited by onawah; 8th September 2011 at 06:36.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

alyea (11th September 2019), Cognitive Dissident (15th November 2013), fifi (20th September 2011), gooty64 (5th January 2012), Logan (5th January 2012), loveandgratitude (8th September 2011), Mark (20th September 2011), palehorse (25th April 2020), Ria (8th September 2011), Selene (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (8th September 2011), Tenzin (8th September 2011), Terra (9th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 times in 204 posts

We can never really know what people's agenda is unless one has reached the upper rungs of spiritual development. And yes, we are all capable of that. I am highly supportive of meditation.

Prior to that, we are very much vulnerable to what we see, hear, and unfortunately something that is hard for many to water down as a possibility since it tags onto emotional imprints to the sight of the killings of innocence, are being set up to believe.

How can such a loving person be evil? That is ridiculous! Shame on you to even think that!! But... what is evil?

We cannot deny the fact the CIA has been fooling around with politics. Youtube "Secrets of CIA". Even religions all over the world have been controlled in some ways such that the majority, are pulled along with a carrot, often referred to as 'happiness'. Certainly a good thing for all, isn't it?

Before we are truly spiritually awake, we have to keep our guards up.

IF ANYONE COMES ALONG AND TELLS US TO STOP INVESTIGATING EVEN IF A TRUTH HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY MANY, it should spring a red flag for you. No one has a right to tell us to stop asking questions and simply comply. If there is something to hide, there will always be people ridiculing, and ganging up on them, to stop them from speaking up. So where is the transparency? Tyranny squelches inquisition.

This thread, is up here, for all to challenge everything we ever believed in.

So please feel free to add your insights for further discussion.
    Last edited by Tenzin; 8th September 2011 at 08:23.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tenzin For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (15th November 2013), loveandgratitude (8th September 2011), Mad Hatter (5th January 2012), Ria (8th September 2011), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Terra (9th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

This is a great thread.
    Thank you Jackovesk for the info.
    Thank you Loveandgratitude, where did the cremation take place? Was this the Kamapa red hat and black hat linage that practices the process of mummification while still alive. This involved eating pine need-els at a certain point of the process to kill off bacteria and any thing els that would decompose the body. Was this sect push out of Tibet and do you have an Idea where its origins started. I understand that there is a couple of these mummies in Japan as well. I find all your insight and knowledge most interesting. Thank you.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (15th November 2013), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Terra (9th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Good point Tezin.
    Onawel these pictures sound most interesting, I am shore many of us would find them so, can you lay your hands on them, to post them here?
    This thread is opening the mind to different facets. All input much appreciated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Terra (9th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Criticism of Tibetan Buddhism is not exclusively Chinese propaganda. I understand the Dalai Lama himself has begun to distance himself from some of the practises of traditional rituals.
    Without condemning him personally some aspects of Tibetan rites which are hidden should be made public.
    Here is a part of the Trimondi's investigation:

Then, according to statements in numerous international media reports, Tibetan Buddhism is the "trend religion" of our time. Through the XIV Dalai Lama, through both his charismatic appearances and his ostensibly humanist speeches and writings, a gigantic, unreflective cultural import of Eastern concepts into the West is taking place, one which displays fundamentalist characteristics and serves as an ideological foundation for various fundamentalist camps and can continue to so serve in the future. The Buddhist leader appeals to people’s deep need for harmony and peace, but the history of Lamaism itself, the contents of the Tibetan Tantras and their complex of rituals, even the conditions which prevail among the Tibetans in exile, are anything but peaceful and harmonic. There are passages in the Kalachakra Tantra which brazenly call for a "war of the religions", which are intolerant and aggressive. In Tibetan Buddhism we have an archaic, magic-based religious system, which has remained to a large extent untouched by the fundamentals of the Western Enlightenment. This is also the reason it is so attractive for right-wing extremists. For centuries it has led to social injustices that any freedom-loving citizen of today would be forced to reject. The equality of the sexes, democratic decision making and ecumenical movements are in themselves foreign to the nature of Tantric Buddhism, although the XIV Dalai Lama publicly proclaims the opposite.
    http://www.american-buddha.com/TRIMO...ticalforum.htm

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

alyea (11th September 2019), Icare (23rd February 2019), Mad Hatter (5th January 2012), Mark (20th September 2011), Ria (9th September 2011), silvanelf (15th September 2019), Terra (9th September 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello

May i ask what is being discussed here????
    Is it possible to look at America and make the right judgement if i think about the native americans, and how they where treated and sent to reservations?
    What about the racial segregation, that is still in course???
    Is this a nice portrait of America, the land of freedom and civil rights???

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uHxRS...eature=related

Do we know how Africans are living their lives, for how long they have committed their children and grandchildren lives in order to pay weapons to "developed countries", with their natural resources?
    When China invaded Tibet, claiming that a foreign threat might come from this territory, there were 6 foreigners living in Tibet.
    Please reflect upon this. And do yourself a favour, read a wonderfull book from this author:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Volkoff

... the one called "A short history of disinformation".

The "TRUTH" is a forbidden word nowadays, specialy because we don´t seek the truth, we seek self satisfaction... and this brings disharmony to our lives and to the lives of others.
    We are watching live history, and we are part of hit... how do we want the future to remember us?
    Please note that i'm not passing judgements on the author of this post or anyone else that replied to it.
    I'm just wondering about the purpose of those discussions and i really feel that something is wrong with all of us.
    Awakening gives a lot of trouble, doesn't it????
    Cheers

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ezone For This Post:

Mark (20th September 2011), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

I have just got back from spending 6 weeks with Tibetans (I have been fortunate enough to be able to this fairly frequently): the portrayal in the videos on the OP are completely alien to my experience.

His Holiness, and the other lamas, are bending over backwards to offer the most subtle of teachings, and their whole existence exudes compassion.

As I'm sure you know, Monarex (the makers of the second video) is owned by Chris Nebe, who is well known for his fascination with China - on January 8, 2007 he was appointed International Business Advisor to the Information Office of the Provincial Government of Xinjiang and Xinjiang Electronic Media in the People's Republic of China.

Please do not doubt the atrocities that have been carried out against the Tibetan people.
    If you haven't seen Murder in the Snow (the story of a young Tibetan nun shot by Chinese border guards that was secretly filmed by an international group of mountaineers), do watch it.
    When we spent time in Nepal, Tibetans were arriving daily over the border, escaping the persecution.
    These people have a deep love of their country: why would more than 130,000 of them be living in exile if all was well there?

Please consider that much of what is on the web concerning this topic is deliberate propaganda. It is a massive machine...don't be sucked in!

From Wikipedia (verify independently if you don't trust this source)
    Online spin doctors
    Main article: 50 Cent Party
    China is known for using internet "spin doctors", specially trained internet users who comment on blogs, public forums or wikis, to shift the debate in favor of the Communist Party and influence public opinion.[37] They are sometime called the "50-cent party" - named so because they are allegedly paid 50 Chinese cents for each comment supporting the CCP they make.[39]
    An internal government document released by the BBC outlines the requirements for those employed as spin-doctors, which include having "relatively good political and professional qualities, and have a pioneering and enterprising spirit", being able to react quickly, etc.[39]
    It is believed that such government-sponsored Internet commentators have now become widespread and their numbers could be in the tens of thousands;[39] Bandurski suggests the number may be up to 280,000[37] while The Guardian puts the estimate as 300,000.[40] According to The Guardian, the growth in popularity of such astroturfing owes to the ease with which web 2.0 technologies such as Twitter, Wikipedia and YouTube can be employed to sway public opinion. The BBC reports that special centres have been set up to train China's 'army of internet spin doctors'.[39]

[edit]

Please don't let suspicion and hearsay cloud your mind!
    Listen to that which brings harmony.

Kathie

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

alyea (11th September 2019), Anam Cara (8th March 2012), Arrowwind (5th January 2012), DNA (8th January 2012), DreamsInDigital (5th January 2012), Lisab (5th January 2012), Miller (5th January 2012), Selene (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Oh My!

There's a swedish song from the 70:ies "Whom in the entire world can you trust" where both religious and political leaders we honour and trust are doing strange things ....this is just too much and i won't give my little peace of mind to this, i'm going back to the Here and Now thread to get some comfort!
    Last edited by transiten; 20th September 2011 at 12:07.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

PurpleLama (27th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

There are so many people who are only too willing to supplicate to some "holy" scripture, person or tradition. The bottom line is: ALL spirituality is unique to the individual, and there is no "one size fits all" BUT because humans are basically a lazy lot, looking for acceptance and prone to group think, these old, stale, archaic, and backwards belief systems are, sadly, all too alive and well, I'm sorry to say.

I wish the masses would all wake up. The world is just as beautiful and miraculous without all the superstitious mumbo jumbo... really.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (5th January 2012), Hughe (5th January 2012), Mad Hatter (5th January 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

This is a lot of accusation that you bring forth .. I assmume you are ready to defend it with documentaion?

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    This is my own Personal View..

"The Dalai Lama is about as Spiritual as a Big Mac..!"

"The Dalai Lama is the equivalent of the Black Pope in Asia..!"

"Just another NWO Globalist Shill & CIA Operative used as a 'Political Puppet' to be used when required..!
    The Role of the CIA: Behind the Dalai Lama’s Holy Cloak

March 23, 2008

This incisive article by Michael Backman outlines the relationship of the Dalai Lama and his organization to US intelligence.

The Dalai Lama has been on the CIA payroll since the late 1950s. He is an instrument of US intelligence.

An understanding of this longstanding relationship to the CIA is essential, particuarly in the light of recent events. In all likelihood US intelligence was behind the protest movement, organized to occur a few months prior to the Beijing Olympic games.

M. C. 23 March 2008

Rarely do journalists challenge the Dalai Lama.

Partly it is because he is so charming and engaging. Most published accounts of him breeze on as airily as the subject, for whom a good giggle and a quaint parable are substitutes for hard answers. But this is the man who advocates greater autonomy for millions of people who are currently Chinese citizens, presumably with him as head of their government. So, why not hold him accountable as a political figure?

No mere spiritual leader, he was the head of Tibet’s government when he went into exile in 1959. It was a state apparatus run by aristocratic, nepotistic monks that collected taxes, jailed and tortured dissenters and engaged in all the usual political intrigues. (The Dalai Lama’s own father was almost certainly murdered in 1946, the consequence of a coup plot.)

The government set up in exile in India and, at least until the 1970s, received $US1.7 million a year from the CIA.

The money was to pay for guerilla operations against the Chinese, notwithstanding the Dalai Lama’s public stance in support of non-violence, for which he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.

The Dalai Lama himself was on the CIA’s payroll from the late 1950s until 1974, reportedly receiving $US15,000 a month ($US180,000 a year).

The funds were paid to him personally, but he used all or most of them for Tibetan government-in-exile activities, principally to fund offices in New York and Geneva, and to lobby internationally.

Details of the government-in-exile’s funding today are far from clear. Structurally, it comprises seven departments and several other special offices. There have also been charitable trusts, a publishing company, hotels in India and Nepal, and a handicrafts distribution company in the US and in Australia, all grouped under the government-in-exile’s Department of Finance.

The government was involved in running 24 businesses in all, but decided in 2003 that it would withdraw from these because such commercial involvement was not appropriate.

Several years ago, I asked the Dalai Lama’s Department of Finance for details of its budget. In response, it claimed then to have annual revenue of about $US22 million, which it spent on various health, education, religious and cultural programs.

The biggest item was for politically related expenditure, at $US7 million. The next biggest was administration, which ran to $US4.5 million. Almost $US2 million was allocated to running the government-in-exile’s overseas offices.

For all that the government-in-exile claims to do, these sums seemed remarkably low.

It is not clear how donations enter its budgeting. These are likely to run to many millions annually, but the Dalai Lama’s Department of Finance provided no explicit acknowledgment of them or of their sources.

Certainly, there are plenty of rumours among expatriate Tibetans of endemic corruption and misuse of monies collected in the name of the Dalai Lama.

Many donations are channelled through the New York-based Tibet Fund, set up in 1981 by Tibetan refugees and US citizens. It has grown into a multimillion-dollar organisation that disburses $US3 million each year to its various programs.

Part of its funding comes from the US State Department’s Bureau for Refugee Programs.

Like many Asian politicians, the Dalai Lama has been remarkably nepotistic, appointing members of his family to many positions of prominence. In recent years, three of the six members of the Kashag, or cabinet, the highest executive branch of the Tibetan government-in-exile, have been close relatives of the Dalai Lama.

An older brother served as chairman of the Kashag and as the minister of security. He also headed the CIA-backed Tibetan contra movement in the 1960s.

A sister-in-law served as head of the government-in-exile’s planning council and its Department of Health.

A younger sister served as health and education minister and her husband served as head of the government-in-exile’s Department of Information and International Relations.

Their daughter was made a member of the Tibetan parliament in exile. A younger brother has served as a senior member of the private office of the Dalai Lama and his wife has served as education minister.

The second wife of a brother-in-law serves as the representative of the Tibetan government-in-exile for northern Europe and head of international relations for the government-in-exile. All these positions give the Dalai Lama’s family access to millions of dollars collected on behalf of the government-in-exile.

The Dalai Lama might now be well-known but few really know much about him. For example, contrary to widespread belief, he is not a vegetarian. He eats meat. He has done so (he claims) on a doctor’s advice following liver complications from hepatitis. I have checked with several doctors but none agrees that meat consumption is necessary or even desirable for a damaged liver.

What has the Dalai Lama actually achieved for Tibetans inside Tibet?
    If his goal has been independence for Tibet or, more recently, greater autonomy, then he has been a miserable failure.

He has kept Tibet on the front pages around the world, but to what end? The main achievement seems to have been to become a celebrity. Possibly, had he stayed quiet, fewer Tibetans might have been tortured, killed and generally suppressed by China.

In any event, the current Dalai Lama is 72 years old. His successor — a reincarnation — will be appointed as a child and it will be many years before he plays a meaningful role. As far as China is concerned, that is one problem that will take care of itself, irrespective of whether or not John Howard or Kevin Rudd meet the current Dalai Lama.

http://www.thelasersshadow.com/ajmir.../wsdindex.html

PS - Just another NWO Political Servant to be brought out and paraded when required..!

What's so 'SPIRITUAL' about that..!..?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

gooty64 (5th January 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    So I will add here one experience I had having to do with the last Karmapa, in hopes it may help to change the energy here.
    He was in San Francisco in the 70s to perform the Red Hat Ceremony, a kind of spiritual initiation.
    I was working behind the scenes at the home of a friend, a wealthy benefactress who was instrumental in helping the lamas come to the US to teach.
    Her home was in the suburbs of SF, but even from that distance, I could feel the power of the ceremony as hundreds of initiates received the Karmapa's bestowal of energy.

I attended a Black Hat ceremony by a Karmapa in maybe in or around 1977 but it was a black hat ceremony, thousands were there in an autatorium in San Deigo, if I remember right, I was moving around a lot at that time... dont remember his name... all that kind of stuff was pretty new to me at the time. but he had a Black Hat on... attendedence to the ceremony meant that you would be released from previous Karma. HA! I wonder about that!

Oh, and I was traveling and in Salt Lake City in 2001 when the Dalhi Lama went there to visit his brother... talk about vibration... the whole city was electrified! I didn't get to see him cause I was hugely pressed to find a house to live in and we needed to move there in just a couple of weeks from Texas.. but his presence was certainly perceived.

I do not see that the Dahli Lama is evil
    If he took money from the CIA who gives a flip? He had thousands of refugees he had to contend with in those early yearss and they were homeless and hungry.

USAs interest in Tibet was merely to contain China,, you know.. all that dominno bull****... well hey. China always considered Tibet their territory, is my understanding... a territory that had gone wayward.... can't say I know or understand their reasoning behind that though

More was done to promote the growth of Buddhism and the eightfold path with Tibet taken over than ever would have happened if they never left. They are building a rather large Buddhist shrine in Montana of all places,,, Imagine that!
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 5th January 2012 at 01:58.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Lisab (5th January 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

Fact is Tibet is a child worship nation. The true Buddhism is everybody is equal and god-like being.
    I was a Buddhist but I realized that Buddha's teaching has been heavily distorted for thousands years.

People who are complete brainwashed by the religious dogma are happy? Maybe.

Never worship or put other person over yourself. That's the beginning of being a slave.
    Religious head figure, political leaders, or movie stars. Are they special? People make them special and more powerful by giving their power.
    So the government does become mighty being.

Why do I have to follow the rules on a piece of paper written by few individuals?

Learning and understanding make us to better being. Following orders and worshiping make us slaves. ETs do the same. There are god-like ET species. I'm fine if they teach us something. If an ET try to manipulate me, I'll show the middle finger right in front of its face.
    For free society!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

3(C)+me (8th May 2015), DNA (8th January 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

O.K not sure if any other posters here have actually met the Dalai Lama but I have.

I know a a spiritual man when I meet him and he definitely is!

He has a weird mixture of strength and gentleness at the same time. He is tantra personified a unity of the masculine and feminine.

Does Tibetan Buddhism have its skeletons like most spiritual traditions, oh yeah, is the world ready to hear them, o no!

Dalia Lama is a good man doing what he thinks is best for his people as the spiritual leader and political leader in exile of Tibet.
    Tenzin, I suggest you pay more awareness to the laws of karma, and by the way my intention is compassionate with this statement. In Tibet they have a saying, you point the thumb( in Tibet they point with the thumb) and 4 fingers point back at you!
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 5th January 2012 at 19:43.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Anam Cara (8th March 2012), araucaria (5th January 2012), Arrowwind (5th January 2012), DNA (8th January 2012), Lisab (5th January 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012), transiten (26th September 2013), Whiskey_Mystic (5th January 2012)

27. Link to Post #34
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

I have been to a few of his Holinesses teachings, they are extensive, profound and precise.

Everyday I chant his long life pray.
    He is the embodiment Avaloketishvara, the lord of Compassion.
    I wish him long life, and you too!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anam Cara (8th March 2012), araucaria (5th January 2012), Arrowwind (5th January 2012), greybeard (5th January 2012), Lisab (5th January 2012), Logan (5th January 2012), Miller (5th January 2012), PurpleLama (27th February 2012), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (5th January 2012)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    I have been to a few of his Holinesses teachings, they are extensive, profound and precise.

Indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but hate? where does that come from?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

31. Link to Post #36
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)

Indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but hate? where does that come from?

From the eye of the beholder.

I hope listening to this will heal people's heart.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Astra (5th January 2012), Dorjezigzag (5th January 2012), Miller (5th January 2012), palehorse (25th April 2020), shamanseeker (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)

From the eye of the beholder.

I hope listening to this will heal people's heart.

Perfick!!!!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

35. Link to Post #38
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Hate comes from fear.
    C
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

araucaria (5th January 2012), Dorjezigzag (5th January 2012), Miller (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

37. Link to Post #39
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Quote There are passages in the Kalachakra Tantra which brazenly call for a "war of the religions", which are intolerant and aggressive
    Ulli: if you are interested in finding out more about the Kalachakra system from a scholar who has dedicated decades to its study and writes in depth about it rather than quoting 'facts' out of context, perhaps you might enjoy reading the work of Alexander Berzin, one of the most respected scholars in the field of Tibetan Buddhism.

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en...hakra+overview

Kathie

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Tony (5th January 2012)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

About Buddhism The greatest achievement is selflessness.
    The greatest worth is self-mastery.
    The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
    The greatest precept is continual awareness.
    The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
    The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
    The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
    The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
    The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
    The greatest patience is humility.
    The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
    The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
    The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

8fold_path.png

The essence of Buddhism is very pure. You need not go any further than the above teaching to be a Buddhist of the most profound intent or ability
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 5th January 2012 at 20:18.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

araucaria (5th January 2012), Astra (5th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th January 2012), Tony (5th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast