+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast

Thread: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,513 times in 4,009 posts

Default Re: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

Tibet as a whole is far from clean of tragedies.

H. H. D. L. is in a difficult position, partially compromised by the C. I. A., but at the same time, Chinese co-intel is interested in Dorje Shugden or any type of subversion, for instance having appointed their own Panchen Lama. "Free Tibet" may have been a little too close to Maurice Strong, not really sure, but it seems like it.

There is no such thing as Tibetan Buddhism.

Also, people in most of the remote countries had no clue about how the western "savior" system was out to trick them and take over the land with NGOs and banks and so forth. That is changing now.

"Ingrained cultural violence like many places" may be a fair assessment, "personification of evil" is rhetoric.

2. Link to Post #82
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybird88 (here)
    If Tibet is so evil where are all the examples of this evil?

How many global Tibetan corporations?
    How many guns,missiles,tanks,fighterjets designed by Tibetans?
    How many Tibet missionaries are traveling the world telling the people your religion is wrong and theirs is the only truth.
    How many burned alive because they were not Tibetan Buddhist?
    When Africa was being carved up how many colonies did Tibet get?
    How many nuclear bombs have they tested?

These are examples of evil acts but I have never read of Tibet ever being involved in such things.
    something i meant to add was how many governments have Tibet infiltrated and corrupted, sabotaged or overthrew?

3. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

How many Tibet missionaries are traveling the world telling the people your religion is wrong and theirs is the only truth.

These are examples of evil acts but I have never read of Tibet ever being involved in such things.
    something i meant to add was how many governments have Tibet infiltrated and corrupted, sabotaged or overthrew?
    How does your question mitigate the reality of the accusations being made herein and by others, including former Tibetan monks, against the Dalai Lama and the organization around him?

4. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

Buddhism can also be misused, like any religion and system of thought
    for some to take power, for their own sake. They do not understand that
    everything is allways here for us, and ultimately there is nothing to fight
    for or over. Life, universe, earth and good cultivation of it all together.
    -
    here a meager video :
    A presentation of the Tibetan Yogis and Buddhists,
    Who have presented some very grounded information on living spiritually
    - and evolving as real (wolrdly) spiritual beings :

- be well, all
    Last edited by noxon medem; 13th September 2019 at 19:02.

5. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)

How does your question mitigate the reality of the accusations being made herein and by others, including former Tibetan monks, against the Dalai Lama and the organization around him?
    maybe because if there were substance in the accusations we would see evidence of it.

6. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

maybe because if there were substance in the accusations we would see evidence of it.
    How about the videos of the monks saying they were sexually abused? How about the other articles showing his long involvement with the cia? Stefan Molyneaux's very elaborate video above? And the Tibetan serfs?

Here's one from Michael Parenti: https://dissidentvoice.org/Articles9/Parenti_Tibet.htm

Here's a sample:

In 1953, the greater part of the rural population---some 700,000 of an estimated total population of 1,250,000---were serfs. Tied to the land, they were allotted only a small parcel to grow their own food. Serfs and other peasants generally went without schooling or medical care. They spent most of their time laboring for the monasteries and individual high-ranking lamas, or for a secular aristocracy that numbered not more than 200 families. In effect, they were owned by their masters who told them what crops to grow and what animals to raise. They could not get married without the consent of their lord or lama. A serf might easily be separated from his family should the owner send him to work in a distant location. Serfs could be sold by their masters, or subjected to torture and death. [14]
    Last edited by Caliban; 12th September 2019 at 03:48.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

onevoice (12th September 2019), silvanelf (15th September 2019)

8. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

How about the videos of the monks saying they were sexually abused? How about the other articles showing his long involvement with the cia? Stefan Molyneaux's very elaborate video above? And the Tibetan serfs?

Here's one from Michael Parenti: https://dissidentvoice.org/Articles9/Parenti_Tibet.htm

Here's a sample:

In 1953, the greater part of the rural population---some 700,000 of an estimated total population of 1,250,000---were serfs. Tied to the land, they were allotted only a small parcel to grow their own food. Serfs and other peasants generally went without schooling or medical care. They spent most of their time laboring for the monasteries and individual high-ranking lamas, or for a secular aristocracy that numbered not more than 200 families. In effect, they were owned by their masters who told them what crops to grow and what animals to raise. They could not get married without the consent of their lord or lama. A serf might easily be separated from his family should the owner send him to work in a distant location. Serfs could be sold by their masters, or subjected to torture and death. [14]
    So if we go back to the days when all the people of Tibet were slaves to this monastic elite class we will find evidence of all the wealth such as mansions, exotic cars, private jets, yachts, ski trips to Cortina, etc?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Jambo (11th April 2023)

10. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

This was the world in 840 when pre-Buddhist Tibet reached from Rangoon to Pakistan:

At that time, the Uighur state collapsed, and Tibet was flooded with refugees. Then the Tibetan state split into civil wars and was no longer an empire, but regional competitive warlords. That is the condition it was in when Buddhism "inherited" it, or however you would like to describe it. It was never nice, politically, and is mostly a wasteland, where it would be hard to say people provided a lavish, educated lifestyle for themselves that was somehow stolen by the monasteries. For the most part, those monasteries are about all they ever had that could help anybody. The Buddhists themselves were increasingly refugees from the Mughal devastation of India. Some were able to escape genocide to land in hegemony.

"Buddhist Tibet" was mostly under Mongol rule until 1368, then it was divided among local families until "In 1642, the Great Fifth Dalai Lama created the Ganden government, with a unique monastic/secular-coordinated administration. This government demilitarized Tibet and officially formed it into a spiritual nation that supported Buddhist education above all, and was economically self sufficient.

In foreign affairs, the Dalai Lama became the mentor of the new Manchu emperor of Manchuria and China, and received worldly protection for Tibet, in exchange for his providing spiritual teachings to the Manchurians and maintaining the peace with the Mongolians and Uighurs." (Tibethouse)

It was then conquered by China from 1720-1912, and then wasn't for about forty years, and then was and is. Internally, it has has only a minority of self-rule since Empire.

As a matter of survival you support your local warlord. If you are clever and can get Mongolian help, you win, which is what the Gelug school did. Once they had their feet on the ground, they stopped Altan Khan. In the 1950s, it still was not much different, same as most "undeveloped" nations, and, in some ways, it was still pretty similar here.

I am not trying to say anyone's hands are clean, although I might be saying that if monasteries provide shelter where otherwise there would be none, something is better than nothing.
    Last edited by shaberon; 15th September 2019 at 03:45.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Cara (15th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (25th April 2020), onevoice (20th September 2019), silvanelf (15th September 2019)

12. Link to Post #89
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

We're in the kali yuga. The world is corrupt. Morals have gone out of the window. All mainstream spiritual practice is corrupt. To think that one of the most famous leaders of one of the most famous spiritual practices, one that gets an incredible amount of attention and airtime from the mainstream media by the way... To think that this person is corrupt and doesn't have humanities best interests at heart!? Oh to think!? What a complete shocker that should be....

Not.

I tell you I'd be utterly gobsmacked if he wasn't, frankly. He gets way too much attention in mainstream media. If he really represented original Buddhism and what the real, original tibetan practices were teaching then you could bet your bottom dollar that he wouldn't be given the platform that he has. Of course he's compromised.

He doesn't impart any true or useful knowledge to the world, he just repeats tired, empty clichés.
    Last edited by MorningFox; 20th September 2019 at 07:28.

13. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    He doesn't impart any true or useful knowledge to the world, he just repeats tired, empty clichés.
    H. H. D. L.? That is far from the case. It may be to private audiences in Japan who have invited him, instead of in the media. What was the famous practice? He has hundreds. None of them are mainstream. The Gelug school which he is a member but not the spiritual leader of, comprises only a few thousands, while there are hundreds of millions of Buddhists in Japan and the orient.

The original or first Tibetan dispensation started around Padmasambhava who definitely killed someone unnecessarily and on purpose.

Tainted, compromised, possibly corrupt, maybe so, but not at all inactive or shallow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

greybeard (21st September 2019)

15. Link to Post #91
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by Ria (here)
    I would like to know more about the Bon religion?
    What part has survived?
    Also there was a practice of mummification that started while the holy person was still alive and took some years to accomplish.
    A lot of these mummies were venerated and I think destroyed by the English? [I am not a100% on that one]
    I have heard the odd negative whisper about the Dali lama but was not shore if this was disinformation?
    All clarification most welcome.
    There is a movie called "Tibet A Buddhist Trilogy" the part I is all about the Dalai Lama, the monasteries and the people. The movie tells that during the Chinese occupation more than 6.000 monasteries were destroyed and an estimated 2.000.000 Tibetans died.
    Where this movie has authentic information or not, I have no clue, the movie was written and directed by GRAHAM COLEMAN and produced by DAVID LASCELLES, funds for the movie came from THE ARTS COUNCIL OF GREAT BRITAN.
    Also in the Tibetan scripture says that 2 crows appeared at the moment Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso) born, and his predecessor, seems like the crow has some symbolism on it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention about the Bon religion as you asked for a reference the following video is a nice one.

Last edited by palehorse; 25th April 2020 at 11:00. Reason: adding the video reference for Bon religion
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Clear Light (25th April 2020), shaberon (25th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #92
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Over the years I have read many of The Dalai Lama's books. Telling, however, is the fact that I have not read all of them, which is my usual method with an author. Although the works were satisfactory, I did not find the inspiration I was looking for at the time. In fact I remember being surprised by that, as I decided to drop this author and move on...

I do not approve of Canada's capitulation to China's request to bar entry to The Dalai Lama a few years back. Since then I have suspected an organized attack on the Tibetan's character, and stay clear of the propaganda. This thread seems to be packed with it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeDukshyn (25th April 2020), shaberon (25th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (25th April 2020)

19. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Ah, for what it's worth given the relative age of this thread, still I was curious to see who was referring to HHDL as the "personification of evil", LOL ... it seems the original poster (Tenzin) was quoting from the linked article, which you can read from the web archive if you like :

RTN: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil" - China told the US ambassador (Wikileaks)

Now the article itself refers to a Cable I found online at WikiLeaks : FM YANG "STRONGLY PROTESTS" DALAI LAMA'S U.S. VISIT; "UNDERMINING CHINA'S CORE INTERESTS" that says :

Quote [Foreign Minister] Yang said that Chinese citizens do not view the Dalai Lama as a religious leader but as "the mastermind behind separatist sabotage" and the "personification of evil and deception," whose efforts are "doomed to failure." FM Yang said the Dalai Lama must abandon his quest for Tibetan independence, cease "splittist activities," publicly state that Tibet is a part of China and recognize that Taiwan is a part of China. Only then will China talk to the Dalai Lama about "his personal future."
    But of course this is nothing more than the game of "politics" and "rulership over the people" because as anyone who has "looked into Buddhism" (at least more than at a superficial level) knows, it involves the non-trivial issue of one of its core principles called Anatta eh ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-self-service.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	43425

Thus it really is no surprise that Tibetan Buddhism and Communism (as embodied by the CCP) are at such loggerheads with each other eh ?

Last edited by Clear Light; 25th April 2020 at 19:01.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

DeDukshyn (25th April 2020), Ewan (11th April 2023), Ivanhoe (25th April 2020), shaberon (25th April 2020), TomKat (26th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (25th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)

But of course this is nothing more than the game of "politics" and "rulership over the people" because as anyone who has "looked into Buddhism" (at least more than at a superficial level) knows, it involves the non-trivial issue of one of its core principles called Anatta eh ?
    Although there is validity to the basic meaning of Anatta, it perhaps refers more to the Fourth Noble Truth, Atta Drsti, or "self view".

There are loads of Buddhist usages of the related Sanskrit Atma, and one finds Buddha saying things like there is no atma in the soul, no atma in the concepts, and so on, but does not ultimately deny atma. As if there were something to it, which turns into pure sin the instant there is any Drsti or formative mental activity.

The older Pali word "anatta" would be pronounced the same as "anatha", meaning utterly helpless, especially in terms of rebirth. Buddha and others are therefor Nath or "Lord", mainly meaning utterly helpful, especially in terms of rebirth. The Hindu Nath lineage from Dattatreya is part and parcel of Buddhism, especially Matsendrya Nath. So it is plausible there is an "anatha" doctrine, stating that ordinary beings are totally ignorant, and Dharma practice is the way to adjust it.

22. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Although there is validity to the basic meaning of Anatta, it perhaps refers more to the Fourth Noble Truth, Atta Drsti, or "self view".
    Oh, it's from the so-called Four Seals or the Three marks of existence ... for further information :

Anatta, Āṇatta: 9 definitions

23. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

An official from the most evil regime on Earth calling the Dalai Lama the personification of evil? Well, he did violate their law against reincarnation. So yeah, maybe :-)

24. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,164 times in 898 posts

Apr 10, 2023 #TheMirror ,1 min
    The strange video shows the most senior spiritual figure in Tibetan Buddhism asking a boy to "suck my tongue" during an event in northern India's hillside city of Dharamshala back in February
    ---Apr 11, 2023,1 min
    The Dalai Lama is apologizing after video of him from a February public gathering shows him kissing a boy on the lips-

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Isserley (11th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (11th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th April 2023), Miller (11th April 2023), Nasu (11th April 2023), Stephanie (12th April 2023)

26. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Wow.. what an old perv
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Miller (11th April 2023), Nasu (11th April 2023)

28. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,952 times in 2,389 posts

Well I can't speak for the Dalai but it is possible it is a cultural thing being seen through western eyes, and we've pretty much been programmed to view the world as a sick, corrupt place thanks to the dark hallways of our media moguls.

I remember seeing my wife's mother do this in Thailand with her grandson, (not my child, a cousin). I thought it very strange but I was clearly the only one who did. Fortunately I have a pretty good poker face and never caused a stir.

Speculating further there may even be a benefit to it from bacterial transfer to a developing immune system -and I'm not inventing excuses, just trying to look at it logically as to why it may have become a 'thing'. Isn't there an African culture that spits in the food being prepared for children? (Or did I just make that up?)

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

ClearWater (11th April 2023), gini (11th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (11th April 2023), Mark (19th April 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2023), wondering (11th April 2023)

30. Link to Post #100
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Moral choice is based on survival - dead things can't choose. And depending on which law you embrace, jungle law or law of love, your survival may be based on harmless action, or harmful action.
    But if the meaning of life is life - dead things have no meaning, and the goal of life is more abundant life, those who seek to survive at the expense of another, will not prevail. In that regard, no harmful individual or group is in harmony with more abundant life, and thus immoral.
    Life is an endless struggle against extinction by a hostile inanimate universe. There's no coming back from extinction.
    Until evidence exists that the Dalai Lama has deliberately injured others for his own benefit, I will be skeptical of the propagandists and spin doctors, and their patrons.

Self sacrifice is an indicator of the law of love.
    Sacrificing others is an indicator of the law of the jungle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast