Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst 1 68 118 158 168
Results 3,341 to 3,352 of 3352

Thread: Sun Stuff: What's up!

1. Link to Post #3341
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Default Re: Sun Stuff: What's up!

O.K.......Let's go to the whistleblower who said he had been at a meeting INSIDE the Sun!! (Don't ask me which video I saw that one on!)

We DO know human beings have been on Mars.....so.....what are we to conclude?! As Will Rogers always said, "I only know what I read in the papers!"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (16th September 2018), Nick Matkin (16th September 2018), Noelle (16th September 2018), Tintin (14th November 2019), Valerie Villars (16th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #3342
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    O.K.......Let's go to the whistleblower who said he had been at a meeting INSIDE the Sun!! (Don't ask me which video I saw that one on!)

We DO know human beings have been on Mars.....so.....what are we to conclude?! As Will Rogers always said, "I only know what I read in the papers!"
    I appreciate this is a Sun thread, but how do we know human beings have been on Mars? People say or sorts of stuff, even get together to corroborate, but it doesn't mean they're telling the truth. I'd like some evidence.

For example, I've been to the sun. Loads of people go, but TPTB are hushing it up. It's not as hot as they say. (Just ask Eric Dollard - he's a scientist and everything!) I know it's not that hot because the chocolate I put in my pocket but forgot to eat didn't even melt. My mates Mark and Jim were with me. They'll confirm all this - although they probably don't remember about the chocolate...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Tintin (14th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #3343
    Thanks

Good to know you've been to The Disk! Love Eric Dollard!

Don't recall the year, but Bill & Kerry were at a conference with their source, Arthur Neuman; he got up on stage & announced he had been to Mars. Guess we'll have to ask Bill if he believed it?!!

I do recall another whistleblower who had been to Mars & got sick upon his return because he didn't take the proper "med" upon his return.

So....I have no "proof"....that is just my educated "conclusion" after all the info I have taken in. I don't even bother to listen to the "new" whistleblowers; I go by what happened in the early years of "The Ball" Bill & Kerry got to rolling!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Tintin (14th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #3344
    Thanks

Eric Dollard is right on the button when talking about radio transmitters. He's very knowledgable and I happen to have worked in the same field so I know on that subject he knows what he's talking about. But not sure what he's been taking (although plenty think he is or was off his tits on something!), but for example he described the Dark Ages as being a time when the sun was dim. Nonsense, it describes a vague period of perceived intellectual stagnation in Europe. He also claimed there were no solar cycles before cycle number 1. How can a 'scientist' not understand how the solar cycles are numbered?

If he ever had it, I think he's lost it now when one understands the subjects about which he rambles...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Tintin (14th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #3345
    Thanks

Eric D......one thing I remember from one of his talks is that we have our electric hooked up all wrong. That here used to be stations where it would be stopped, but now there are no "breaks" & if it starts, the entire system goes down.

I do not have a scientific mind....so you are way ahead of me in "understanding"!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Nick Matkin (16th September 2018), Tintin (14th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #3346
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Eric D......one thing I remember from one of his talks is that we have our electric hooked up all wrong. That here used to be stations where it would be stopped, but now there are no "breaks" & if it starts, the entire system goes down.

I do not have a scientific mind....so you are way ahead of me in "understanding"!
    I have no idea what Eric Dollard might mean by those words. But it's in no-one's interest for a fault to cause cascading catastrophic failures. And modern power distribution is designed to prevent just that. I know people who work in the industry.

Maybe he was talking about the time when towns and cities had their own power stations before there was a grid. That's fine, until the power station breaks down! A national grid overcomes that problem; unfortunately it is (theoretically) vulnerable to a magnetic storm caused by a very large solar flare, or terrorist software sabotage. Or maybe he was talking about local power distribution, or even domestic household wiring?

To anyone without a scientific background, please just be aware of scientific-sounding explanations for things. Sometimes it's legitimate, but sometimes it's just bollox - especially on conspiracy/'Truth'/alternative reality/new age woo forums and websites. Well that's my opinion anyway.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (16th September 2018), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Tintin (14th November 2019)

13. Link to Post #3347
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Evidence for a new fundamental constant of the sun

Archy Worldys
    Thu, 07 Feb 2019 21:53 UTC

The corona of the sun – its utmost atmosphere. © Northumbria University, Newcastle

New studies at Northumbria University, Newcastle, show that the sun's magnetic waves behave differently than previously thought.

Their results were reported in Nature Astronomy,

After examining the data collected over a 10-year period, Northumbria's team from the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering found that magnetic waves in the Sun's corona-the outermost layer of the atmosphere-react to sound waves coming from inside the Earth Sun come out.

These magnetic waves, known as Alfvenic waves, play a crucial role in transporting energy around the Sun and solar system. It was assumed that the waves were created on the solar surface, where boiling hydrogen reaches temperatures of 6,000 degrees and burns the sun's magnetic field.

However, the researchers have found evidence that the magnetic waves in the atmosphere are also more responsive to sound waves emerging from the interior of the sun.

The team discovered that the sound waves leave a distinctive marker on the magnetic waves. The presence of this marker means that the entire solar corona is shaking collectively in response to the sound waves. As a result, it vibrates over a very clear frequency range.

This newly discovered marker is found throughout the corona and was consistently present over the 10-year period studied. This suggests that it is a basic constant of the sun - and possibly a basic constant of other stars.

The results could therefore have a significant impact on our current understanding of how magnetic energy is transmitted and used in stellar atmospheres.

Dr. Richard Morton, lead author of the report and high-ranking lecturer at Northumbria University, said, "The discovery of such a striking marker - possibly a new constant of the sun - is very exciting, as we have always believed that the magnet was made by waves Hydrogen on the surface excited, but now we have shown that they are excited by these sound waves, which could lead to a new way to examine and classify the behavior of all stars under this unique signature. "Now we know the signature is there We can look for it on other stars.

"The sun's corona is more than a hundred times hotter than its surface, and it is believed that the energy from the Alfvenic waves is responsible for warming the corona to a temperature of about one million degrees - the Alfvénic waves are as well Responsible for heating and accelerating strong sunlight Wind from the sun traveling through the solar system These winds travel at speeds of about one million miles per hour, they also affect the atmosphere of stars and planets, affect their own magnetic fields and cause Phenomena like Aurora. "

Morton added, "Our evidence shows that the Sun's internal acoustic oscillations play an important role in the excitement of the magnetic Alfvenic waves, which can give the waves different characteristics and suggests that they are more prone to instability getting hotter and hotter can become faster solar winds. "

Dr. Morton and Professor McLaughlin are currently working with NASA to analyze images of the sun taken by NASA's high-resolution coronary imager, Hi-C.

Her article "A basal contribution of p-modes to Alfvenic wave flux in the solar corona" is published in Nature Astronomy,

More information:
    R. J. Morton et al. A basal contribution of p-modes to the Alfenic wave flux in the solar corona. Nature Astronomy (2019). DOI: 10.1038 / s41550-018-0668-9

Journal reference: Nature Astronomy
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

aoibhghaire (8th February 2019), avid (8th February 2019), Bill Ryan (8th February 2019), greybeard (8th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Nick Matkin (8th February 2019), Swan (8th February 2019), ThePythonicCow (8th February 2019), Tintin (14th November 2019), Valerie Villars (8th February 2019), what is a name? (12th February 2019), Wind (9th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #3348
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Alex Ansary Reports

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Alex Ansary - Outside the Box TV

Assyrian Tablets Documented Massive Solar Activity Changes 2700 Years Ago

Published 19th October 2019

Evidence of unusual solar activity that potentially represents three huge solar storms has been discovered in ancient Assyrian cuneiform tablets. The magnetic storms documented in astrological reports correspond to tree ring data indicating events took place around 660 BC.

This potentially helps scientists to predict future magnetic storms from our sunevents that have the potential to cause major disruption to the technology systems on Earth we currently rely on.

Astronomers started observing sunspots with telescopes around 1610. These are dark patches that appear on the sun's surface and are associated with solar flaressudden explosions that send a huge amount of radiation out into space. If solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) are directed toward Earth, this radiation can result in geomagnetic storms. This is where the particles from the sun interact with Earth's atmosphere, interfering with communication systems, satellites and power grids.

"These space weather events constitute a significant threat to a modern civilization, because of its increasing dependency on an electronic infrastructure," scientists led by Hisashi Hayakawa, from Osaka University, Japan, said in a study published in The Astrophysical Journal Letters.

Astronomy.com article: http://www.astronomy.com/news/2019/1...nce-of-auroras
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (22nd October 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), greybeard (22nd October 2019), justntime2learn (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (24th October 2019), Wind (22nd October 2019)

17. Link to Post #3349
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geomagnetic storms are likely...

Nemesis Maturity

Large Hole On The Sun Targets Earth - G1 Geomagnetic Storm Watch

Published 23rd October 2019

A large hole in the sun's atmosphere is facing Earth and spewing solar wind in our direction. Estimated time of arrival: Oct. 24.

Minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are likely when the gaseous material arrives. Wind speeds are expected to reach 700 km/s, sparking bright auroras around the Arctic Circle and maybe even in northern-tier US states from Maine to Washington.

Elevated solar wind speed due to the coronal hole high speed stream CH HSS) is forecast to continue into Friday, 25 Oct., and likely result in an additional early period of G1 storm levels.

This CH HSS has been a persistent feature for a few rotations and has a history of causing geomagnetic storm conditions (31 August - 1 September, and again 27 - 28 September).

Skywatchers at high latitudes should stay alert for visible auroras when is dark outside.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (24th October 2019), Wind (24th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #3350
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Tamitha Skov is the Space Weather Woman!

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Space Weather News | A Solar Storm Returns & A Polar Filament Erupts

Published 24th October 2019

Our long wait is finally over this week as the fast solar wind from a large coronal hole is finally arriving as I make this forecast public! We have hit active conditions already and guaranteed more is on the way. Aurora is beginning to build now in Scotland and over the UK with promises of more to come! aurora photographers at both high-latitudes and mid-latitudes should ready their cameras as this could be the biggest show we will see for easily a month or more. GPS users should also take note of this storm as it will affect GPS reception anywhere near aurora, especially on Earth's nightside and near the dawn and dusk terminators. Amateur radio operators might get a small boost to radio propagation on Earth's dayside from the solar storm, but at nighttime, expect sporadic propagation across most bands until after the solar storm passes, which will be through the weekend. Learn the details of this solar storm hitting now, when and where to see aurora, and what else our Sun has in store!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

greybeard (25th October 2019), justntime2learn (25th October 2019), Wind (25th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #3351
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The latest from The SWW!

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Space Weather News | Solar Storm Forecast | Three Times A Charm For Aurora

Published 31st October 2019

We've just barely had a chance to calm down from a G2-level solar storm due to some fast solar wind that hit a few days ago and we are already being hit by a stealthy solar storm the Sun launched back on October 25th! This stealthy storm has bumped us back to active conditions for a short while, but it should bring aurora only to high latitudes because it is magnetically oriented the wrong way to really have a significant impact Earth's magnetic shield. Nonetheless, it is helping to precondition Earth's shield and make it more sensitive to the next solar storm that is expected to hit over the next few days. This third storm will be from some fast solar wind from a southern hemisphere coronal hole and it could return us to active conditions starting around early next week. In addition to these solar storms, several bright regions are rotating into Earth view, and they are are boosting the solar flux up to marginal conditions for radio propagation (just barely). This is good news for amateur radio and emergency responders as these conditions should last over the next few days and possibly into next week as well. The only group really suffering are GPS users, as GPS reception likely isn't so great right now, especially near aurora and on Earth's night side. However, reception should slowly get better as we move through mid-next week. Learn the details of these three solar storms, how they are affecting the satellites above us, when and where to see aurora, and what to expect in radio propagation and GPS reception this week as well as what else our Sun has in store!

22. Link to Post #3352
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Presenting data from IRIS, SDO, and RHESSI.

High Altitude Observatory

Dana Lacatus | Spectroscopic Investigation Of The Solar Atmosphere

Recorded & Published 13th November 2019

The solar chromosphere plays a critical role in most of the open questions of solar physics, from coronal heating to the acceleration of the solar wind. It spans only 2000 km, but nine pressure scale heights, while the temperature increases by some two orders of magnitude. This layer is the location of most of the solar radiative losses, with the emission dominated by singly ionized ions. Despite its modest dimensions, the plasma properties make interpretation challenging, because most lines originating here are optically thick and formed in non-LTE.

We present an exploration of the chromospheric emission, from quiet to flaring solar conditions, using spectroscopic data from the IRIS instrument. The main focus of this study is the variability of the Mg II resonance lines, investigating how their profiles change based on the emitting solar structure. The extraction of the different spectral features from the observed emission profile is detailed and general trends are discussed.

Using quiet sun datasets we investigate potential characteristics that provide better contrast for distinguishing Coronal Holes from quiet sun in chromospheric emission. Thus we explore if any profile feature is more sensitive to the slightly different magnetic morphology, given that coronal holes are dominated by open field lines contributing to the solar wind acceleration.

We also explore the enhanced emission and wide variation of profiles in more active conditions leading up, during, and after a strong solar flare. For a complete picture of the flaring event, we also include information covering the surrounding solar atmosphere, using data from IRIS, SDO, and RHESSI. The slow rise and eventual destabilization of a filament is found to be preceding the flare. In the descending phase of the flare, we identified an extended coronal rain episode that persisted for more than an hour and was characterized by peculiarly wide profiles in both chromospheric and TR emission lines.

Learn more about HAO and NCAR:
    https://www2.hao.ucar.edu/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Stephanie (20th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst 1 68 118 158 168