+ Reply to Thread

Thread: James Fox Releases Gulf Spill Documentary - Pretty Slick.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Default James Fox Releases Gulf Spill Documentary - Pretty Slick.

http://vimeo.com/28339948

"Synopsis
    Filmmaker James Fox grows frustrated by the lack of plain talk and BP's inability to plug a gushing well after its Deep Water Horizon rig exploded and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. During the summer of 2010, Fox moves among locals across four Gulf states documenting the largest man-made environmental disaster in U.S. history. He flies over ground zero with Marine Biologist Dr. Carl Safina who warns him that BP is sinking the oil with the chemical dispersant Corexit, sweeping it under the rug. He investigates this further and conducts his own independent water tests to determine toxicity levels. The results show that public safety takes a backseat to a tourist-based economy and the symbiosis between big oil and government becomes clear."

Well done James.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

161803398 (7th September 2011), Calz (7th September 2011), Maia Gabrial (7th September 2011), meeradas (7th September 2011), PurpleLama (17th January 2012), Thrasher1218 (7th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Default Re: James Fox Releases Gulf Spill Documentary - Pretty Slick.

The trailer was enough to make me extremely angry-sad inside.
    I've been watching stuff like this ever since i came here, and have always been negatively amazed at how conceited, arrogant, ignorant and plainly stupid humans are.
    Maybe i was wrong. Maybe, these aren't humans at all.
    Or, maybe i'm none.

Things like that always made/make me feel that i do not belong here - this hasn't changed a bit over the decades i've spent here.
    I'm completely fed up with all that.

I do hope that no Avalonian would ever even be able to formulate such a sick idea as to simply hide the oil from sight, for the sake of so-called "cost effectiveness" - i feel insulted and laughed at... the whole thing makes me wanna "hide" the responsible in their dispersant.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

PurpleLama (17th January 2012), The One (7th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread