+ Reply to Thread
Page 2653 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1653 2153 2553 2603 2643 2653 2663 2703 LastLast
Results 53,041 to 53,060 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #53041
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Thanks for those thoughts Paula. For many years, I used to feel the same way as yourself until this question was asked of me.

What is the difference between someone who has experienced a trauma such as rape and has gone on to live a happy and fulfilled and peaceful life and someone who has had exactly the same experience and who has gone on to abuse alcohol and drugs? Why would two people who had exactly the same experience respond in such two drastically different ways?
    Also, what determines our ability to have peace in this world no matter what has happened to us or no matter what is going on around us?
    A couple of possibilities out of no doubt many:

One gives up. The strong willed one with a spiritual compass is able to live in the now with gratitude, love and joy because s/he’s done the dig-deep-work to come out the other side a whole being.

Sometimes it’s the person who’s lived through the horrors and traumas that are the light bringers of a new vision on the world.

And sometimes there are people that are born with latent recall that they’re co-creators of the new world. That inner-knowing may manifest by way of serendipitous events and/or persons.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (30th April 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Hym (30th April 2021), justntime2learn (2nd May 2021), Mike (30th April 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), Stephanie (30th April 2021), Wind (30th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #53042
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Thanks for your thoughts there Strat and Mike. I'm going to come at this from yet another perspective.

Ultimately, what I want is to live and share with as many people as I can a heaven-on-earth. If I want to be happy and at peace, if I am here to be all that I can be, fulfilling my highest potential, loving and serving all, being true to myself and others, I'm going to share everything that I have as an outpouring of my heart and do it all unconditionally.

Having said that, I prefer to share whatever I have in the way of the material with a person directly because most charities are corrupt. I do donate to charities where the money goes directly to the people who need it.

I don't believe in karma, karma is only for those who cannot stay present.

My perspective on shadow work is this: Plumbing the depths of our shadows is a bottomless pit because every cell in our body has a poor me story to tell; it would be like scrubbing shadows off a wall. It is a complete waste of our time and energy. The past is the past. All we have to do is honour who we really are, stay in the present moment, be open to all the divine incoming thoughts by staying in SESSION and put back what is missing from our lives which is all the Love, Light, Life aspects.

As Einstein once said: “No Problem Can Be Solved From The Same Level Of Consciousness That Created It.”

Respectfully, the shadow work youre describing isn't what shadow work really is.

It's not an incessant digging into the past, or an analysis of poor me stories. All so called "shadow work" involves is a recogniton that in challenging situations we may present a side of ourselves that we're not proud of, and an effort to cultivate habits and behaviors that might lessen the chances that we present that side when said challenging situations arise. It's not an obsession with deficiencies, it's merely a recognition of them To improve something you first have to admit it exists! That's all shadow work is. Instead of denying thoughts and impulses that may frighten or confuse us, we integrate them in order to better manage them. It's very simple.
    Thanks for clarifying that 🙂but my response above still stands because unless someone is aware of the exact nature of their thoughts, and where they are coming from, they will simply not be empowered.

Right, exactly Shadow work does just that. It helps people understand their thoughts, where they come from, and allows for empowerment instead of repression.

An example might be anger. Anger is often judged to be "bad". But often anger is a wholly appropriate reaction to something. This might be called righteous anger, say, if you were attacked or repeatedly taken advantage of in some way..whether mentally or physically or emotionally.

If you've judged anger to be bad, and stifle it, it will just reemerge later in a highly distorted and harmful way. Shadow Work asks you to integrate it instead, which is to say 1) admit that it's there 2) stop judging it 3) allow yourself to feel it and express it in a healthy way.

That's all it is. But I'm not suggesting shadow work is the end all be all, or the only way to manage thoughts and emotions! It's just *one* way. It's a useful tool to have in the toolbox.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (30th April 2021), Gekko (8th June 2021), Hym (2nd May 2021), justntime2learn (2nd May 2021), onevoice (3rd May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), Reinhard (30th April 2021), RunningDeer (30th April 2021), Stephanie (30th April 2021), Wind (30th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #53043
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A mother raccoon decided to give birth to her babies at the bottom of a chimney. Chimney's resemble hallow trees and make for the perfect den for a mother raccoon and her babies.

Watch how we humanely grab the babies and remove the mother raccoon from the chimney.

Momma Raccoon pops out of the chimney and climbs down a tree @5:46.
    You're Telling Me This Isn't a Hallow Tree?
    Mother Raccoon Lives In A Chimney
    (10 min)

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (3rd May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (2nd May 2021), justntime2learn (2nd May 2021), palehorse (3rd May 2021), pyrangello (2nd May 2021), Stephanie (2nd May 2021), wondering (3rd May 2021)

7. Link to Post #53044
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,725 times in 2,088 posts

Had a buddy , I guess we all have buddies, lol. He had this smell coming out behind his drywall behind the fireplace in his house, called a pest control guy, he determined there were bats making a home for themselves behind the fireplace coming thru the chimney. This pest control guy put a device that acts like a check valve, where the bats can fly out of the chimney but not back in. He said to wait 3 days and they would start flying out. My buddy got a lounge chair and on the 3rd day , yep here they came flying out. All 53 bats. FYI your insurance does not cover damage to your home from rodents and bats are rodents. And do not touch bat feces without proper protection or pigeon feces. I know a swat guy that was on a rooftop and disturbed some pigeon crap and breathed that in, he died from that.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (2nd May 2021), justntime2learn (2nd May 2021), onevoice (4th May 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (2nd May 2021), Stephanie (2nd May 2021), wondering (3rd May 2021)

9. Link to Post #53045
    United States Avalon Member Free Thinker's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sitting here at my computer desk with a bit of a headache and drinking coffee, while trying not to bite off more than I can chew in terms of activities, such as reading up on various threads on this site that I need/want to get to.
    "The truth will set us free, whatever that may be."
    "Question everything. Make a path where there was not one before."
    "We are part of the Universe. It's story, is our story."

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (3rd May 2021), justntime2learn (3rd May 2021), meeradas (3rd May 2021), pabranno (4th May 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (3rd May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (3rd May 2021)

11. Link to Post #53046
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Welcome to the "targeted collective".

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (3rd May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (3rd May 2021), justntime2learn (3rd May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (3rd May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (3rd May 2021)

13. Link to Post #53047
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 times in 263 posts

Have no idea what's this topic really about but for strange reasons I don't yet fully understand, I love it!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to s7e6e For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #53048
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by s7e6e (here)
    Have no idea what's this topic really about but for strange reasons I don't yet fully understand, I love it!
    Ulli is the creator of the thread which began over 7 million views ago, on September 14, 2011. Below is her first post. The thread is a hodgepodges of topics, shares and everything in between.

As Ulli says, “Our Village is Your Village” So welcome to the Village, s7e6e.

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    This is an excercise thread. Members can post as often as they like, as long as they describe their physical reality.
    What you see, hear or smell.
    Whatever is going on.

Here it is 5:55 am as I write this. I'm in bed, on my back, tapping these letters on my ipad screen. Ipad on my belly. Temperature just right, not too hot not too cold.
    Husband on my left, snoring, big fat cat is lying on his chest getting ready to be fed in a few minutes.
    Curtains still drawn. River noise...now a motor bike. Husband waking up.

Update: the above was written in September of 2011, and anyone can see that things have changed in the thread.
    So here is the introduction to what is happening NOW, since we are in 2012 things have shifted a bit.

Here is something for our newcomers:
    (apart from the formal "welcome to the thread")

First there was UFO sightings, crop circles, missing memories, mutilated cattle, weird secretive government behavior, wars, famines, corruption....
    Then came the Internet.
    Text, then graphics, then photos, then you tubes, all along forums where sh!t was being discussed and argued about.
    The art of the anonymous insult was developed.
    Then came Project Avalon, and Bill Ryan's standards in civility made it to the Internet
    with a 95% balanced moderator team.
    And still, people were arguing about other people's speculations.
    A need for reporting reality (never mind how mundane) arose and I was prompted to start this thread.

To begin with the early posters shared those (never mind how mundane) moments of their lives...
    which resulted in the discovery that we all had more in common than expected.
    and somehow an intimacy developed.
    Intimacy means comfort, and comfort means warmth, and warmth means energy.

As this energy was being exchanged it grew and grew and people started to feel their own energy levels going up.

And this, my dear newcomers, is the point of this thread!
    You are all welcome to help yourselves here.
    Anything you wish to share is accepted, without judgment...
    We are a loving bunch.
    Please feel FREE and COZY in the Village.
    As they say in Costa Rica: Mi Casa es Tu Casa (which means in English 'my house is your house')

Or "Our Village is Your Village".

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), Icare (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), pabranno (4th May 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), s7e6e (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #53049
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

Welcome.

I recommend you read the whole thread - you'll get it.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), s7e6e (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), ulli (4th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #53050
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's about being present in the Now. The good, the bad, and everything/anything in between. Observing. Letting go. Feeling. Understanding. Being.

On that note, I only recently cut ties with my psychiatric "helpers", knowing that such did not serve me anymore, even though for a long time, I thought it did. Can depression, anxiety and the like be healed fully with Love and Understanding alone? Yes. Yes, I believe it can. I don't need synthetic medicine to manage the problems, I want and fully desire to break free of that once and for all. To know myself, and to live authentically. My best life. Whatever that may be. I have been off the medicine for several days now, and I feel great. Still more to unravel and work through, but I am okay with that. All is happening as it should.

While there are still some loose ends to tie up regarding that, I find I cannot rush this process. That isn't the point. But I can trust and believe in the greatness and Unconditional Love of the Universe that I will get through it just fine. More than fine, actually. As will we all. It's a nice thought at any rate, and one I will gladly hold for as long as is needed to shine brighter and brighter.

I've been much more emotional, crying and feeling every little thing, tears of sorrow, tears of compassion, tears of peace, tears of happiness, etc. Seeing the dark aspects of myself, my Shadow if you will, and wanting to rise above that, but in order to do that, I have to first understand why the shadow aspects are there to begin with. What do they have to tell me? It feels like a constant back and forth process, and I don't doubt that it is. But it is what needs to be in this moment, and every moment that comes after this.

We are all on our own journeys, but through it all, we are Connected. My journey is not the same as someone else's journey, nor should it be. It is what it is. And that in itself is a beautiful realization.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), Icare (4th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (26th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), pabranno (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), ulli (4th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #53051
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Not as addicted to forum life as I used to be, so I don’t check in on Avalon much these days.

But somehow Paula and I must be spiritually and psychically connected,

because when I do check in it is right after she mentions my name.

Weird, that !!

Meeradas, your post up there made me laugh.

And s7e6e, welcome, and please take Meeradas’ advice.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

avid (4th May 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Free Thinker (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), pabranno (4th May 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), s7e6e (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #53052
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Welcome.

Yes, all 2,653 pages thereof. At first, I thought he or she was being serious, but then I think it was me who was being too serious. Of course, if you WANT to read all 2,653 pages thereof.... go for it! LOL.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #53053
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    But somehow Paula and I must be spiritually and psychically connected,
    As Calz would say, "True that."

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Calz (4th May 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Ernie Nemeth (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), ulli (4th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #53054
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hee, hee. Thank you Calz.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Calz (4th May 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #53055
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

I KNEW it!!! You mentioned Calzie’s name to see if it would work on him, too.

And it did!!! Hilarious.!

You really know how to bring people out of the wood works.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

avid (4th May 2021), Calz (4th May 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Ernie Nemeth (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), meeradas (4th May 2021), Peace in Oz (4th May 2021), PurpleLama (4th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (4th May 2021)

31. Link to Post #53056
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Ulli is the creator of the thread which began over 7 million views ago
    Pauler posted this, and I read "years" instead of "views", and it did not even make me pause.

32. Link to Post #53057
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Free Thinker (here)
    Welcome.

Yes, all 2,653 pages thereof. At first, I thought he or she was being serious, but then I think it was me who was being too serious. Of course, if you WANT to read all 2,653 pages thereof.... go for it! LOL.
    Well, you don't have to read it all in one day. But, it is quite the microcosm with many unexpected insights to be offered along the way.

33. Link to Post #53058
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Quote Posted by Free Thinker (here)
    Welcome.

Well, you don't have to read it all in one day. But, it is quite the microcosm with many unexpected insights to be offered along the way.
    Agreed.
    And yup - I meant it.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), PurpleLama (5th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), ulli (5th May 2021), wondering (5th May 2021)

35. Link to Post #53059
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

Alan Watts 24/7 radio stream (started Dec 21,2020)

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), PurpleLama (5th May 2021), RunningDeer (4th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), Wind (4th May 2021), wondering (5th May 2021)

37. Link to Post #53060
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FYI: Karen (Geophyz) lost her brother, Marty on April 30th, due to the Covid shot. Details here.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th May 2021 at 12:53.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (5th May 2021), Bill Ryan (5th May 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (5th May 2021), ClearWater (6th May 2021), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2021), Harmony (5th May 2021), justntime2learn (5th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (5th May 2021), meeradas (5th May 2021), Stephanie (5th May 2021), ulli (5th May 2021), Wind (5th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2653 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1653 2153 2553 2603 2643 2653 2663 2703 LastLast