+ Reply to Thread
Page 2677 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1677 2177 2577 2627 2667 2677 2687 2703 LastLast
Results 53,521 to 53,540 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #53521
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I have no idea why it attacked. Surely it didn't think it was going to fly off with my fat ass. There are a few nests in the tress bordering the parking lot here. Maybe that was it. But then again, I've walked in those areas numerous times without anything like this happening. What a weird thing to have happened.
    Yeah, there is probably a nest up there with an egg in it. He probably figured that you were planning to make an omelette from it. I have had birds fly by and give me warnings to stay away. They were so close I could feel the air pressure change from their wings, but they never touched me.

Ospreys are endangered birds so it's probably good you didn't find that rock.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (27th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #53522
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Disconcerting for sure, Mike.

Getting a hard knock might’ve happened that way just to make sure you didn’t miss a gift-message coming your way. Or it’s Universe saying, “Damn, Mike. Pay attention. We’re trying to work with you.”

If it were me, once I got over the initial “Yipes!” and “You, you, SoB’s!”, I’d thank Osprey/Universe. Cuz, with each recognition and thanks, the door opens to more of the out-of-the-ordinary. Which most of the time comes in subtle ways once the Universe understands that you prefer it to be dialed down rather than a shave and a hair cut.
    This is an opportune time to immerse yourself in your creative energy, channeling into a form of artistic expression that suits you.
    OSPREY

“…Eat organic foods as much as possible, as your system is delicate right now.

This is an opportune time to immerse yourself in your creative energy, channeling into a form of artistic expression that suits you.”

Call on OSPREY when:

“You want to impress your mate/partner with a loving, romantic time together. You’re ready for an intimate relationship and want to attract the perfect mate.

You’ve been feeling somewhat isolated and emotionally and socially undernourished. You’re ready to immerse yourself in a project that you’re confident will be a huge success.”

If OSPREY is your POWER ANIMAL:

“You like living in a place with a vantage point that allows you to see all around you.

You like a sturdy, insulated, and well-built home, one that you can feel completely safe and secure in. You’re very committed to your family, your work, and your friends, and always place your family first on the list of priorities.

You’re very protective of your home and your family and will defend them whatever it takes. You’re a caretaker and guardian (probably the oldest sibling in your family), and you’re great at taking care of children.”
    * Farmer, Steven. Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers

I got attacked by a huge bird today. One of those white ospreys. Nasty looking son of a bitch.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2022 at 16:52.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), Reinhard (27th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #53523
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Disconcerting for sure, Mike.

Getting a hard knock might’ve happened that way just to make sure you didn’t miss a gift-message coming your way. Or it’s Universe saying, “Damn, Mike. Pay attention. We’re trying to work with you.”

If it were me, once I got over the initial “Yipes!” and “You, you, SoB’s!”, I’d thank Osprey/Universe. Cuz, with each recognition and thanks, the door opens to more of the out-of-the-ordinary. Which most of the time comes in subtle ways once the Universe understands that you prefer it to be dialed down rather than a shave and a hair cut.
    This is an opportune time to immerse yourself in your creative energy, channeling into a form of artistic expression that suits you.
    OSPREY

“…Eat organic foods as much as possible, as your system is delicate right now.

This is an opportune time to immerse yourself in your creative energy, channeling into a form of artistic expression that suits you.”

Call on OSPREY when:

“You want to impress your mate/partner with a loving, romantic time together. You’re ready for an intimate relationship and want to attract the perfect mate.

You’ve been feeling somewhat isolated and emotionally and socially undernourished. You’re ready to immerse yourself in a project that you’re confident will be a huge success.”

If OSPREY is your POWER ANIMAL:

“You like living in a place with a vantage point that allows you to see all around you.

You like a sturdy, insulated, and well-built home, one that you can feel completely safe and secure in. You’re very committed to your family, your work, and your friends, and always place your family first on the list of priorities.

You’re very protective of your home and your family and will defend them whatever it takes. You’re a caretaker and guardian (probably the oldest sibling in your family), and you’re great at taking care of children.”
    * Farmer, Steven. Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers

I got attacked by a huge bird today. One of those white ospreys. Nasty looking son of a bitch.

That's interesting, and I did consider that it might be a sign of some sort. Right before it happened I was really feeling sorry for myself. I was having one of these pitiful woe is me moments. And then....wham! It did sort of feel like the universe was trying to snap me out of it. And I've been slacking with my writing these last few days, so maybe I do need to heed that creative call and get back in the saddle.

On the other hand, my sister was telling me that when she went to get a very small tattoo removed recently, there was a sign at the tattoo place that suggested people use umbrellas when they arrive because of recent bird attacks. Which is very bizarre. I think Nat is correct about the 5g and electrical pollution etc. Maybe the birds are agitated and confused. Not sure.

I'll assume it's a sign from the universe for now. Unless it happens again! Then I'll be forced to assume some black magician is messing with me lol.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Inversion (27th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (27th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #53524
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That's interesting, and I did consider that it might be a sign of some sort. Right before it happened I was really feeling sorry for myself. I was having one of these pitiful woe is me moments. And then....wham! It did sort of feel like the universe was trying to snap me out of it. And I've been slacking with my writing these last few days, so maybe I do need to heed that creative call and get back in the saddle.

On the other hand, my sister was telling me that when she went to get a very small tattoo removed recently, there was a sign at the tattoo place that suggested people use umbrellas when they arrive because of recent bird attacks. Which is very bizarre. I think Nat is correct about the 5g and electrical pollution etc. Maybe the birds are agitated and confused. Not sure.

I'll assume it's a sign from the universe for now. Unless it happens again! Then I'll be forced to assume some black magician is messing with me lol.
    Cher + a link. If you prefer I delete the link, I'll get right on it.
    BTW: I bet you're a super Uncle which also goes along with the Osprey power animal reading.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2022 at 18:23.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Inversion (27th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022)

9. Link to Post #53525
    Thanks

Cher + a link. If you prefer I delete the link, I'll get right on it.
    BTW: I bet you're a super Uncle which also goes along with the Osprey power animal reading.

It definitely snapped me out of it. And I'll have the lovely claw marks as a reminder for at least a week or so if I start feeling sorry for myself again

Strat, yeah I haven't had a whole lot of luck with animals recently. You're no doubt referring to the raccoon that was stalking me?

Chris are ospreys really endangered? I see them everywhere. Just saw 2 outside my window a moment ago. They're probably waiting for me to leave for work so they can terrorize me once again. Bastards.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Strat (27th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (27th April 2022)

11. Link to Post #53526
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

Chris are ospreys really endangered? I see them everywhere. Just saw 2 outside my window a moment ago. They're probably waiting for me to leave for work so they can terrorize me once again. Bastards.
    I thought that they were, but did some research:

https://www.audubon.org/news/now-res...certain-future

Quote there was a time, not many years ago, that the species’ future was anything but assured. Like Bald Eagle and Peregrine Falcon populations, the “fish hawks” were suppressed from hatching eggs by the insecticide DDT half a century earlier. In fact, so dire was the plight of this large, handsome bird of prey that it was declared an endangered species in New Jersey. The bird’s dramatic decline was documented by Roger Tory Peterson, who saw the number of active Osprey nests in the colony near his home in Old Lyme, Connecticut, go from 150 in 1954 to just 17 a decade later. Concerned, the eminent ornithologist wrote in an essay, “One year soon, I fear I shall find no Ospreys at Great Island—not one.” I and many other birders shared Peterson’s gloomy prediction that North America’s Ospreys were doomed.

It wasn’t until 1972 that the sale and use of DDT was banned and Ospreys began their slow return. In 1975, the average number counted per day at Hawk Mountain, Pennsylvania, was a meager five birds. Those of us who gathered on the North Lookout feasted on every golden-eyed bird—a sign that there was yet hope for the species. Imagine my delight when a year later in Cape May, New Jersey, I was recording Ospreys at a rate of 20 birds per hour during migration. That average is now approaching 40 birds per hour. In fact, Cape May’s 2016 total of 4,250 birds was 52 percent higher than the 10-year average at the turn of the century.
    So, my info on that one is a bit dated, and also probably related to being in New Jersey. So maybe you should try making that osprey egg omelette. And do post pictures on this thread of your breakfast, that is, if you survive the osprey attacks.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 27th April 2022 at 18:41.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022)

13. Link to Post #53527
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Strat, yeah I haven't had a whole lot of luck with animals recently. You're no doubt referring to the raccoon that was stalking me?
    Yes exactly lol. You should have your own nature TV show. "This little bastard is a raccoon, he's not to be trusted."
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022)

15. Link to Post #53528
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mike got meme-a-fide.

”My friends are relentless.  I'm getting bludgeoned with bird memes now.”

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2022 at 19:56.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mark (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), Strat (27th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022)

17. Link to Post #53529
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,571 times in 32,794 posts

Shared by Joe from the Carolinas in 2018:

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Strat (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022), Yoda (27th April 2022)

19. Link to Post #53530
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,114 times in 8,176 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    odd coincidence . . I was looking at this image today and wondering if I should post it somewhere . . . . .

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022)

21. Link to Post #53531
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A Few Animal Connections:
    • When I was seventeen, a bird pooped on my head. Little did I know one year later I’d hitch-hike across the state line with only a brown paper bag filled with clothes and a couple of books to begin a new life. My first job was right there at that card shop where the bird christened me.
    • I was out for a walk at a ranch in Nicasio, California. There were about ten California Condors feeding on a carcass. I watched until one looked up. I spread out my arms in slow motion and sent from the heart center. He did the same back. Twice we communicated in a powerful silence.
    • The landlady’s horse was grazing at the other end of the field. I sent him a stream of heart-hellos. Without skipping a beat, he ran full speed towards me, shook his head and whinnied.

(repost)

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th April 2022), Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Ewan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022), Yoda (27th April 2022)

23. Link to Post #53532
    Thanks

Yeah I actually had to block 3 of my friends temporarily. They've sent dozens of those bird memes, using that same stupid picture of me making that same stupid face, and they won't stop. I tried firing back but I was just way too outnumbered. I feel like Superman in Superman 3 when he has to fight all those equally powerful aliens at once. It's just not fair. I've got no chance

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022), wondering (27th April 2022)

25. Link to Post #53533
    Thanks

That's a remarkable story Bill.

I think there's just something inherently graceful and kind about Joe that the bird sensed, and it behaved accordingly.

I don't share those qualities, and my experience was a little different as a result

¤=[Post Update]=¤

A Few Animal Connections:
    • When I was seventeen, a bird pooped on my head. Little did I know one year later I’d hitch-hike across the state line with only a brown paper bag filled with clothes and a couple of books to begin a new life. My first job was right there at that card shop where the bird christened me.
    • I was out for a walk at a ranch in Nicasio, California. There were about ten California Condors feeding on a carcass. I watched until one looked up. I spread out my arms in slow motion and sent from the heart center. He did the same back. Twice we communicated in a powerful silence.
    • The landlady’s horse was grazing at the other end of the field. I sent him a stream of heart-hellos. Without skipping a beat, he ran full speed towards me, shook his head and whinnied.

(repost)

REMARKABLE!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th April 2022), Ewan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022)

27. Link to Post #53534
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,102 times in 20,640 posts

Just surrender Mike! That's what the spiritual teachers always say in such cases, anyway... (So much so, it's become cliche...)

Yeah I actually had to block 3 of my friends temporarily. They've sent dozens of those bird memes, using that same stupid picture of me making that same stupid face, and they won't stop. I tried firing back but I was just way too outnumbered. I feel like Superman in Superman 3 when he has to fight all those equally powerful aliens at once. It's just not fair. I've got no chance
    Animal Medicine is a real thing. I've had several experiences that demonstrated that to me quite clearly.
    If you pay attention, it is one way that what Native Americans call Great Mystery communicates mesages to us.
    It can be quite life-changing.
    The explanations about what medicine different animals offer can vary, but if you google a bit, you can find the ones that resonate the most.
    I wrote about some significant events where I received Animal Medicine here
    See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1268512
    and
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...l=1#post654386
    Last edited by onawah; 27th April 2022 at 20:45.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Kryztian (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), RunningDeer (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022)

29. Link to Post #53535
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2022 at 22:34.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Inversion (27th April 2022), justntime2learn (27th April 2022), Mike (27th April 2022), onawah (27th April 2022), Orph (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022)

31. Link to Post #53536
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Annoying for sure but I think it can be healthy to have friends that wont allow you to take yourself too seriously.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Inversion (27th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (28th April 2022), RunningDeer (28th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022)

33. Link to Post #53537
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Annoying for sure but I think it can be healthy to have friends that wont allow you to take yourself too seriously.

Oh yeah absolutely. I think the memes are hilarious. The only reason I blocked them was because I was at work and my phone was blasting off left n right. The way these guys are, they wouldn't care if I was in a meeting with the president. They'd keep sending them.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), Inversion (27th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (28th April 2022), onawah (28th April 2022), RunningDeer (28th April 2022), Strat (27th April 2022), Violet3 (28th April 2022), Wind (28th April 2022), wondering (28th April 2022)

35. Link to Post #53538
    Australia Avalon Member Violet3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370 times in 236 posts

I was on my stand-up paddle board a few days ago, cruising along on a sunny river mouth close to the ocean, with a pod of dolphins fishing and playing not far away. Three of them were swimming closer and suddenly flashed by right under my board, so close, then came up a few meters away with perfectly synchronous swimming in line. It felt like they were sort of showing off or perhaps being joyful and saying hi. We were all joyful in that moment, which passed so quickly but still sort of ripples or leaves a wake.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violet3 For This Post:

avid (28th April 2022), Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), Harmony (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (28th April 2022), Mike (28th April 2022), Peace in Oz (28th April 2022), RunningDeer (28th April 2022), Strat (28th April 2022), Wind (28th April 2022), wondering (28th April 2022)

37. Link to Post #53539
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,756 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Violet3 (here)
    I was on my stand-up paddle board a few days ago, cruising along on a sunny river mouth close to the ocean, with a pod of dolphins fishing and playing not far away. Three of them were swimming closer and suddenly flashed by right under my board, so close, then came up a few meters away with perfectly synchronous swimming in line. It felt like they were sort of showing off or perhaps being joyful and saying hi. We were all joyful in that moment, which passed so quickly but still sort of ripples or leaves a wake.

That's so beautifully said Violet3, I feel like I was there with you

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2022), justntime2learn (28th April 2022), Mike (28th April 2022), onawah (28th April 2022), onevoice (28th April 2022), RunningDeer (28th April 2022), Wind (28th April 2022), wondering (28th April 2022)

39. Link to Post #53540
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 times in 159 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    That's a good running truck. What's most amazing is I don't see much rust. Got a nickname for it?
    Pandora. And the lack of rust is because here in Ecuador there's no snow or ice... so there's never any salt on the roads.

Well there may be little ice, but there is definitely some in Ecuador...but it's stuck up on the highest mountain tops I guess (yes I'm being totally pedantic ) Click image for larger version

Name:	Ecuador (May 2008).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	48818).
    This photo is from when I visited Ecuador in 2008 (a Stuart Wilde Ayahuasca retreat), and all the mountain tops looked like this...covered in ice.
    A totally utterly beautiful view.
    Last edited by Jambo; 29th April 2022 at 15:08.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2022), Bluegreen (8th May 2022), Ernie Nemeth (30th April 2022), Ewan (29th April 2022), Harmony (8th May 2022), Inversion (29th April 2022), justntime2learn (30th April 2022), Nasu (1st May 2022), RunningDeer (29th April 2022), Stephanie (30th April 2022), Strat (1st May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2677 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1677 2177 2577 2627 2667 2677 2687 2703 LastLast