+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Numerology...is it Fake or Real?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Default Numerology...is it Fake or Real?

Hi all...hope all is well.

I've been thinking about numerology lately and felt compell to start a thread on it. Pardon me if there is one, and/or if the following questions have been asked and answered already.

Knowing the number system came from the Hindu’s… do anyone here think numbers have real power? I’m not totally sure that it does because I’ve yet to witness or hear anything of significance when dealing with numbers. I know there are secret rituals and numerology is said to play a big part of it…but what? Why do we give power to numbers/symbols?

Example:

In Hindu…” The number 6 represents the mind; it’s the sixth sense organ with six faculties: reason, emotion, thought, awareness, knowledge and intelligence. And six enemies/impurities: lust, anger, greed, pride, delusion, and envy. It’s the seat of our Knowledge and our ignorance and also the cause of our bondage and liberation. “- Jayaram V

I've also noticed that the clock displays 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, but it stops short of 6:66. Was this done on purpose, if so… why?

Where is all this talk about the mark of the beast coming from? Although the numbers 666 has been feared by so many people…does anyone here know why? I mean, who gave these set of numbers such evil power?

Imo… letters/ numbers/symbols are just forms of expression…the only power they have is the power we give them. If I’m wrong in my assessment, please feel free to enlighten…

thanks in advance

Peace

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), KiwiElf (20th September 2011), ktlight (19th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Marsila (20th September 2011), Miller (20th September 2011), mosquito (20th September 2011), PHARAOH (20th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Default Re: Numerology...is it Fake or Real?

you are right numbers on their own are nothing, just an easier way for us to communicate.

However through some calculation it is possible to predict almost everything from whether a new born is going to be boy or girl (during the old days before all the technology) to what may be the best day to start or end an important episode of one's life.

In brief: different cultures had different calculations that meant significant things to them, and the meaning of the same number would change in accordance with what they were trying to find out.

the only thing i keep reading about 666 is it's the number of the beast, as was referred to the Roman emperor Nero.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), KiwiElf (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Star1111 (20th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

The PTB are deeply into numerology. They do not do a thing without working out the numbers, as well as astrology, and performing other rituals.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

KiwiElf (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), Star1111 (20th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)
    The PTB are deeply into numerology. They do not do a thing without working out the numbers, as well as astrology, and performing other rituals.
    Yes I agree.

but the same number means different things. I know days are important. I went to a Feng Shui practioner, who told me that depending on your birth date, moving into your "perfect" house, can be a disaster or a great thing. All depends on the hour you step into it. While it may be good luck for me to get into a new house, at 9am, it may be a catastrophe for another. He even had calculations for best time to get married and etc depending on what your special number is

Every single culture on Earth, if traced back to its roots will have something similar.

however just numbers thrown around like 666 or 11/11 may tell us nothing unless we know the birthdays of the PTB and so get to know why they are so significant to them. I think i read a thread either here or elsewhere online stating sometimes it is our own deep belief in a thing that makes it a reality and not vice versa. there is always a possibility its like that for them to, given all the effort they put into getting the right day, minute and second?
    Last edited by Marsila; 20th September 2011 at 12:53. Reason: people may have one mouth but two ears...on the net though it is obvious they have two eyes but ten fingers!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

KiwiElf (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Star1111 (20th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

When I cast my mind back to the seventies, numbers were held in contempt by many, as we thought of ouselves being reduced to numbers rather than names.

What I know of numbers now has given me the greatest of respect for them, as they are a universal language, and play an intricate role in determing you place of birth, your name, your life's path, and your daily potentials. Yes, numbers have great vibratory power, as do symbols in general.

A few years ago, I paid for a internet based numerological reading. As it was numbers, and computers are so good at crunching them, I thought, why not? The money that I paid was honestly one of the best investments I have made in my life. In the report that I received, I read things about myself that I have not related to a soul. It was so deathly accurate that I came as close to falling out of a chair as I have done in many years.

In brief, numerology allows you to know in advance the potential that a particular day, week, month or year holds for you. It also details larger cycles within your life. It has allowed me to make desicions at times that have proven to be optimum, whilst also forewarning of times when certain activities are best avoided. The daily forecasts can be so accurate, that something as simple as shifting my office at work was predicted, much to the amazement of my co-workers. It even forecast a romantic potential back in January of this year, and warned me of what behaviour to avoid. I hadn't read it at the time, and I blew it big time, for the exact reason that I should have read about!

I could not recommend your starting an interest in numerolgy more highly, and will glady give you more information, and recommended reading if you would like to PM me.

If you'll pardon the pun Peace of Mind, I have actually found a lot of exactly that thanks to my interest in the subject.

Best Wishes,

Tony.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Numerology and astrology are related and astrology is the oldest science in the world. I'm an astrologer and i know it works, even for those who don't believe in it. As above, so below. The universe is a hologram and you find reflections everywhere in the creation.

transiten

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Corfitz (8th July 2019), Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), KiwiElf (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Lunesoleil (6th June 2023), Marsila (20th September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), Star1111 (20th September 2011), ulli (20th September 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Dear Peace of Mind
    I am studying Numerology and it resonates greatly with me.
    I agree with Ktlight when she says that TPTB are into numerology - my take on that though is that they are into numbers, finance, fiscal studies rather than Numerology.
    If I can give you my interpretation from the information and research I have done thus far on what Numerology is.
    Numerology (if done properly and with the LIGHT in mind) is more to do with how to 'calculate' and assess your :
    1) Life Path = the major lesson to be learned in this life, the central focus of a person's existence
    with
    2) The Expression- the person's potential, natural abilities
    and
    3) The Soul Urge - a person's inner motivation. What he/she wants to be. To have and to do.
    and
    4) Birthday - sub lesson to be learned in this life. A sub-focus on the life path

For me Numerology 'falls into place' so in my view if something falls into place easily then more often than not it is right for that person.
    It might not be right for eveyone,but it makes great sence to me and I enjoy it totally.
    I used to believe that "if its meant to be you have to fight for it".
    I now believe that (for me personally) if the want is there but the fight is immense or takes a LOT of effort, then perhaps I should find another way, so now I tend to believe (for me) that if it falls into place easily it is meant to be.
    Numerology for me was like a light going on and all the years I had spent 'working with numbers in my head', not realising at all that it was numerology e.g always having a series of numbers and adding them to a single number, seeing 11:11 and 22:22 etc and "knowing" that this meant something but not understanding what it meant.
    Just to give you a personal example - I have always had/felt (and its increased lately) a type of nervous tension, by this I mean easily startled or jumpy.
    Numerolgoy explained to me that as I have a master number (11) in my Soul Urge this can casue a nervous tension (for a lot of reasons, too extensive for me to go into now).
    So I'm learning more and more about ME and about others and the World around me - so hopefully this will lead me to further enlightment alongside other practices that should help e.g meditation.
    Hope this helps
    Peace & LOVE to you

P.s I just noticed the time in which I sent this orginally and it ws 11.01 - I rest my case
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), KiwiElf (20th September 2011), ktlight (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Marsila (20th September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), transiten (20th September 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Synchronicity is everywhre, my days are crammed with double, triple digits and meaningful coincidences, there are patterns everywhere, as i write this time turns to 12.12 in Sweden

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), KiwiElf (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Lunesoleil (6th June 2023), seko (20th September 2011), Star1111 (20th September 2011), ulli (20th September 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Hi Tony i'l be pm'ing you soon! Thanks Lisa x

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Marsila (20th September 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star1111 (here)
    So I'm learning more and more about ME and about others and the World around me
    Ditto Star,

So much of the stuff about me, the annoying aspects of my being, that I could never quite understand, let alone do anything about, were spelt out for me in numerology. It allowed me to understand that I am the way that I am because that is the way I was meant to be. That realisation, when fully integrated, is a truly life changing and personally empowering experience. I felt my level of cosmic awareness go through the roof!

Numerology is very real, very powerful, and it works!

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)
    Quote Posted by Star1111 (here)
    So I'm learning more and more about ME and about others and the World around me
    Ditto Star,

So much of the stuff about me, the annoying aspects of my being, that I could never quite understand, let alone do anything about, were spelt out for me in numerology. It allowed me to understand that I am the way that I am because that is the way I was meant to be. That realisation, when fully integrated, is a truly life changing and personally empowering experience. I felt my level of cosmic awareness go through the roof!

Numerology is very real, very powerful, and it works!

Seems to be the case Heyoka_11 - I'm so excited about finding out more.
    I think its going to really help me............... and then to help others.
    Peace & LOVE to you
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), ulli (20th September 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

When self acceptance arrives with the help of these occult techniques, that's when we become powerful and can turn wishes into reality.
    No psycho can guilt trip us, nor manipulate us.
    We already know the worst there is to know about ourselves and furthermore, we can now laugh at ourselves.
    The ego has been brushed aside, nothing further to be pretentious about.
    This state makes us dangerous to those who work tirelessly to pull our strings, because there are no more strings to pull.
    We have cut them off. We have become unpredictable.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), norman (20th September 2011), PHARAOH (20th September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), transiten (20th September 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    I think i read a thread either here or elsewhere online stating sometimes it is our own deep belief in a thing that makes it a reality and not vice versa. there is always a possibility its like that for them to, given all the effort they put into getting the right day, minute and second?
    I repeat it over and over on this forum. It ALL begins with the BELIEF an individual holds. UNITY of vision held by more than one is the way to go.
    This is why there is so much mind manipulation and opinion making going on.

Once this is understood we need to be very careful with whom we want to align ourselves.
    Like attracts like...this truth helps us become a crowd that can then become powerful at manifesting.

Opposites attract, this is another truth, and useful if we are on a spiritual path and want to double our being and capacities by integrating with another's being.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Lisab (23rd September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), transiten (20th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    When self acceptance arrives with the help of these occult techniques, that's when we become powerful and can turn wishes into reality.
    We already know the worst there is to know about ourselves and furthermore, we can now laugh at ourselves.
    This state makes us dangerous to those who work tirelessly to pull our strings, because there are no more strings to pull.
    That was interesting! Since astrology f.i. can be used for good or bad, someone with manipulative intentions would not be able to read our charts and transits then since they don't know how to see "the love in the moment" or in every "aspect" of the chart/life....

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Marsila (20th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    That was interesting! Since astrology f.i. can be used for good or bad, someone with manipulative intentions would not be able to read our charts and transits then since they don't know how to see "the love in the moment" or in every "aspect" of the chart/life....
    When astrology and numerology are relied upon too much then one can become vulnerable.
    The best way to see these applications is as one would a tool in a tool box.
    More important than any of these tools is the relationship with spirit and a healthy attitude towards the Almighty.
    Then even minor deities can't touch you, let alone the manipulators on two legs.
    You are following your soul path when you turn every situation into positive.
    Otherwise your protection would depend on your intelligence and whether you made the correct calculations, and we do know that our minds when used without heart can sometimes fail us.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), seko (20th September 2011), transiten (20th September 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Ok everyone,

Let's have a little fun, because that is what life, and numerology, should be all about.

Star1111 mentioned four particular numbers, three of which I can quickly have calculated for you, along with a brief explanation. These are your Life Path, Expression and Soul Urge numbers.

As a member of a numerology site, I am able to access on-site software to do this.

If you would like to "have a go", then just PM me your full name, as it appears on your birth certificate, the name which you normally go by (I go by Tony, though my actual name is Anthony), and your date of birth. Ladies, if you take 10 years off your age, it just 'aint gonna work!

Please note:

I think that we have all met someone who we just know is not achieving their potential in life. Often we can recognise such potential in others, while they themselves cannot. We could say that they appear to have missed the boat to some extent. The world is unfortunately full of such souls. Now numerology is all about potential at birth; the reasons that you came here. You may find that the reading has little significance for you. I have done readings for just a few, where this was the case. But in all but one of these, I already knew that I was dealing with someone that was to some extent "off their path".

Any results will not be posted here; they will be emailed to you, as I can only save them as a word doc. or PDF. So I will need your email address as well. As for your name and age, you will have to trust me with those as well. They will go no further than me, and once you have your reading, I will delete both your PM and reading.
    Last edited by Heyoka_11; 20th September 2011 at 13:12.

30. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Any results will not be posted here; they will be PM'd to you. As for your name and age, you will have to trust me. They will go no further than me, and once you have your reading, I will delete both your PM and reading.
    Cool! that's kind of you pming u atm,

EDIT
    also if others manage to read all what i write and not just the first line, i said numerology works, when you know the numbers that are vibrate with you....i didn't say it doesnt work

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Ok everyone,

Let's have a little fun, because that is what life, and numerology, should be all about.

Star1111 mentioned four particular numbers, three of which I can quickly have calculated for you, along with a brief explanation. These are your Life Path, Expression and Soul Urge numbers.

As a member of a numerology site, I am able to access on-site software to do this.

If you would like to "have a go", then just PM me your full name, as it appears on your birth certificate, the name which you normally go by (I go by Tony, though my actual name is Anthony), and your date of birth. Ladies, if you take 10 years off your age, it just 'aint gonna work!

Please note:

I think that we have all met someone who we just know is not achieving their potential in life. Often we can recognise such potential in others, while they themselves cannot. We could say that they appear to have missed the boat to some extent. The world is unfortunately full of such souls. Now numerology is all about potential at birth; the reasons that you came here. You may find that the reading has little significance for you. I have done readings for just a few, where this was the case. But in all but one of these, I already knew that I was dealing with someone that was to some extent "off their path".

Any results will not be posted here; they will be PM'd to you. As for your name and age, you will have to trust me. They will go no further than me, and once you have your reading, I will delete both your PM and reading.
    Heyoka_1 - what a lovely idea and a kind gesture.
    I've done mine - I'm on track apparently.
    Although the soul urge is higher than the Life Path so I have to remember that "my lessons will take time and I am not to rush". So true!!

p.s I would like to know the name of your numerology site if you are happy to share it with me.
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011), Lisab (20th September 2011), Marsila (20th September 2011)

34. Link to Post #19
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Ulli,

And it's great to see you on this thread!

I can attest to every single word that you have written above (all three posts actually). This has been exactly what I have experienced since being guided to numerology.

Thank you!

PS. Clever caps eh?

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Even the "clever Caps" syndrome can be explained in these terms, so we can't take the credit, ever.
    Capricorns are mountain goats, and when they move about they have to calculate with great precision where they jump to, as any slip-up could be deadly what with crevasses and steep slopes everywhere.
    Meanwhile Aries is a ram and lives in a much easier territory, so all he has to do is charge blindly ahead.
    Very different animal to us caps.
    The sad goats are the ones who get captured and spend their lives tethered, walking in circles around a peg.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (20th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast