Thread: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

1. Link to Post #21
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,429 times in 1,398 posts

Default Re: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

Quote Posted by Positive Vibe Merchant (here)
    Thankls for the reality hit Modwiz. Th thing that bothers me the most of all, how as soon as somone dies (no disrespect meant here, so apoogies in advance) everyone seems to exonerate that person for crimes them commited and let them loose, and it is not good enough.

So he was brilliant, but lets have a look at the iphone/pod/pad generation that he and gates had a massive hand in bringing forward. You can't dismiss the fact that apple has made billions of dollars, tracked our movements, and basically set us up for full on mind control through these products.

he had the change to user his power for good.

At this time where ordinary people are starting to become active and ask questions about who is responsible and what is happening in the world, lets not keep our eyes off the prize. This man is not to be celebrated (in my view).

How much tech do you think his greedy little hands have been sitting on all this time? think about it.
    its unfortunate, but in my personal opinion, this is not a great loss to humanity.
    Harsh view, but I am sure that we are all grown up to accept points of view.
    PVM
    Without this guy and Bill Gates we would not be sitting here on this forum. If you really believe that we are all one and all connected then we are all responsible for what is happening in the world, good and bad, so let's not sit here in judgement.. It's such a beautiful day. RIP Steve Jobs and all the others who have died - and will die - today.
    Last edited by Miller; 6th October 2011 at 07:20.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

astrid (6th October 2011), Caren (7th October 2011), crosby (6th October 2011), jcocks (6th October 2011), Kimberley (6th October 2011), ktlight (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), pickle (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

I didn't know this about Steve, but apparently he was a new-ager like many of us, and had his wedding presided over by a buddhist. In the 1970's he went on a spiritual trek...

It's hard to know too much about the man, because he was a stickler for privacy... But lets not forget that, for much of its' existance, Apple really was a far second-place to the IBM clones of the world...
    Hardly the NWO technology behemoth that it is (to a large extent) today....

I think what he really wanted to do was change the world, and there's no doubt he's done that. If there's mind-control in his ipods etc, its' no doubt because it HAS to be built into them - the controllers would not have it any different. A lot of interesting things tend to come out when people die. Lets' see what happens with jobs, he may just surprise us yet. I for one will not pass judgement on him just yet except to say he excelled where he was meant to, and I am sure that the private jobs was a far far cry to the public business jobs.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

cloudno7 (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Lisab (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (6th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), pickle (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Ahh the irony.

Sorry but being an Aussie i have to draw ones attention to this part.
    It's so easy to focus on the negatives, but beyond the dualistic veil, the view is a little different, sunny even.
    After all its through these technologies that we are connecting, sharing, growing,

changing the world!!!

Sure they make the tools, ( and the money) BUT we are deciding
    what they are used for.

Are we not??

You can use a knife to kill or to peel an apple...

Before my Mac i was lucky if i spoke to a single person in a month.

Love my Mac, love that we can change the world through a click of a mouse.

Take what you need, for the rest have compassion and forgiveness.

Its sets you free....
    Last edited by astrid; 6th October 2011 at 07:44.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), crosby (6th October 2011), eddie1 (6th October 2011), jcocks (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Lisab (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), pickle (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011), ulli (6th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

A few of the things said in this thread bother me. Avalon has changed into a paranoid joke that really isn't funny.

I can't be bothered to argue with idiots, so I won't quote.

R.I.P. Steve

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

cloudno7 (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (6th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

He did have skills, controlling millions of people(consumers) into buying and loving overpriced products unconditionally =)

The man could sell a turd with an apple logo on it!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheSwede For This Post:

Arc (7th October 2011), Nairnia (6th October 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011), RMorgan (6th October 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I usually admire people in this forum and i have been reading for over an year. But this is down right ugly what modwiz is saying

An elite ??? worked for his profits ???? See the man was almost an orphan, a college drop out, came to india for spiritual knowledge, a buddhist, a great visionary, he was fired from his own company, came back , he fought against IBM's monopoly ..... watch 1984 ad ....

Definitely none of you are capable of thinking better than him, technologically. Have you seen his stanford speech???

People are "blinded" by elite, ptb, ufo, etc .... not everyone is bad.... how do you know he is bilderberg member???? show the proof.... If his products are for mind control don't use them, goto some forest and meditate ...

Ohh man !!! this is sad

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloudno7 For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (8th October 2011), eddie1 (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (6th October 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 270 posts

Quote Posted by TheSwede (here)
    He did have skills, controlling millions of people(consumers) into buying and loving overpriced products unconditionally =)

Yes I bought apple-computers (several in the last decades) - none of them was turd -

It's great quality - I always loved them - and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

---

May I ask you: Have you offered the world any great stuff yourself?

(If the quality fits, people are even willing to pay money for it - and so you have the resources to invent further...)

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sepia For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), cloudno7 (6th October 2011), eddie1 (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), TheSwede (6th October 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Thanks Cloud, i forgot about that speech, it is for sure worth a post here...

~ Plato

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th October 2011), eddie1 (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Lisab (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), risveglio (7th October 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (6th October 2011), Spartacus (6th October 2011), therealslimady (6th October 2011), ulli (6th October 2011), witchy1 (6th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #29
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Thanks Astrid. Excellent vid

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

astrid (6th October 2011), Caren (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011)

19. Link to Post #30
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by sepia (here)

Yes I bought apple-computers (several in the last decades) - none of them was turd -

It's great quality - I always loved them - and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

---

(If the quality fits, people are even willing to pay money for it - and so you have the resources to invent further...)
    Sorry Swede, I couldn't agree more with sepia on this - I have and will continue to buy/use Apple products and computers. If someone makes a better one, I'll buy that instead. If you want a Porsche then don't buy a Ford and delude yourself it's better. You still do generally get what you pay for.

(And before other readers are so quick to put down Jobs or Apple, the computer you're working on now - regardless of whether or not it's a Mac - wouldn't have half the features it has if it wasn't for Job's innovation and genius. Sorry, IMO his computers STILL leave every other brand in the dust.

I guess we Apple users enjoy never having to download the endless updates that WUNDOWs seems to need daily just to function at all, or the endless virus protection a PC also needs in abundance. Nuff said - RIP Steve - you made life better

20. Link to Post #31
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Some of the comments on here are pretty vile. What is Avalon really becoming?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shakespeare's Foot. For This Post:

jcocks (8th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shakespeare's Foot. (here)
    Hopefully not this:

23. Link to Post #33
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

---

I'm sorry if I offended you're product.

To answer you're question(By who's definition?): In my own opinion; No, just as in Steve Job's case. In a way he brought more power to the bankers meaning he contributed in a negative way unlike myself. He also contributed to making people more addicted to consumption which is a negative thing for humanity.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by TheSwede; 6th October 2011 at 10:36. Reason: Removed the word materialistic after it causing confusion.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSwede For This Post:

Nairnia (6th October 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shakespeare's Foot. (here)
    Sadly a forum where some uneducated "opinions" seem to count more than facts, and with little (or no) research to back up their opinions - just more second-hand opinons based on more 3rd hand opinions. And that's an observation - not an opinion.

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
    Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
    Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.
    And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
    They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

~ Steve Jobs
    Last edited by astrid; 6th October 2011 at 10:25.
    ~ Plato

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), cloudno7 (6th October 2011), eddie1 (6th October 2011), Elly (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Lord Sidious (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011), Spartacus (6th October 2011), ulli (6th October 2011), witchy1 (7th October 2011)

28. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

" In a way he brought more power to the bankers meaning he contributed in a negative way unlike myself. He also contributed to making people more addicted to consumption which is a negative thing for humanity"

It can't be jobs mistake if bankers used him .... any product can be used by bankers ... that doesn't mean they are bad. Fight against the bankers not everyone. period.

not contributing to the bankers is n't great thing. If you we can eradicate banking that is something!

I don't understand what is meant by materialistic product??? should we stop using computers?????

---

I'm sorry if I offended you're materialistic product.

To answer you're question(By who's definition?): In my own opinion; No, just as in Steve Job's case. In a way he brought more power to the bankers meaning he contributed in a negative way unlike myself. He also contributed to making people more addicted to consumption which is a negative thing for humanity.

Have a nice day!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloudno7 For This Post:

KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011)

30. Link to Post #37
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)

---

Sorry Swede, I couldn't agree more with sepia on this - I have and will continue to buy/use Apple products and computers. If someone makes a better one, I'll buy that instead. If you want a Porsche then don't buy a Ford and delude yourself it's better. You still do generally get what you pay for.

(And before other readers are so quick to put down Jobs or Apple, the computer you're working on now - regardless of whether or not it's a Mac - wouldn't have half the features it has if it wasn't for Job's innovation and genius. Sorry, IMO his computers STILL leave every other brand in the dust.

I guess we Apple users enjoy never having to download the endless updates that WUNDOWs seems to need daily just to function at all, or the endless virus protection a PC also needs in abundance. Nuff said - RIP Steve - you made life better
    Now you assume things surrounding my statement about how skilled Steve Jobs is. I know for a fact Apple makes great products. Very overpriced if you look at the components that are assembled in the hardware(not to mention the cheap labor in asia) but still very great products.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSwede For This Post:

modwiz (6th October 2011)

32. Link to Post #38
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cloudno7 (here)
    I don't understand what is meant by materialistic product??? should we stop using computers?????
    I totally agree with you, I removed the word "materialistic" to eradicate the confusion. I didn't understand the choice of word myself, haha =) Sorry!

33. Link to Post #39
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

---

Now you assume things surrounding my statement about how skilled Steve Jobs is. I know for a fact Apple makes great products. Very overpriced if you look at the components that are assembled in the hardware(not to mention the cheap labor in asia) but still very great products.
    I'm making no assumptions at all and your "simplistic absolutist" argument could be applied - unfairly - to any high priced product. I'm not aware Jobs "controlled" anyone into buying his "overpriced products" to use your words. I think buyers use a thing called "free choice". Just because someone is "rich," or "successful" doesn't necessarily make them "materialistic" or "bad".

34. Link to Post #40
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm making no assumptions at all and your "simplistic absolutist" argument could be applied - unfairly - to any high priced product. I'm not aware Jobs "controlled" anyone into buying his "overpriced products" to use your words. I think buyers use a thing called "free choice". Just because someone is "rich," or "successful" doesn't necessarily make them "materialistic" or "bad".
    I totally agree with every word!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSwede For This Post:

KiwiElf (6th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast