Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

1. Link to Post #41
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 270 posts

Default Re: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

---

The competition between apple, microsoft and others brought a great step forward in communication technology - and that was needed.

We all have lived in 'worlds' where communication was not depending from technology -
    where information was accessible telepathically -

(You and me we haven't been on this planet always, where development is highly suppressed. We have been part of a universal community - and we are expected to grow and join it again.)

By using computer, internet, even by playing games to a certain extent -
    we could be reminded to abilities we had in other times...

The mental activity has increased. - Not only for the good - I agree.
    But we live in a world of polarity. And all created things are used for the good and the bad. -

The computer can help us to understand the functioning of the human mind much better. - I don't think this step forward would have been possible without the contribution of Steve Jobs among others.

Look at him with your heart and you will see a bright being who lived and died in dignity.

----

Or you look at all the negative side effects and point them out and miss the point completely.

Best wishes, Sepia
    Last edited by sepia; 6th October 2011 at 11:04.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sepia For This Post:

astrid (6th October 2011), Bill Ryan (6th October 2011), Caren (7th October 2011), DeDukshyn (7th October 2011), Elly (6th October 2011), ketturah (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Lisab (6th October 2011), Lord Sidious (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), Sebastion (6th October 2011), witchy1 (7th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Australia Avalon Member Wiremu2011's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Makes you wonder whether or not these technologies/advanced medicine/s exist at all..?

Just a thought...
    Exactly mate, I was telling my wife the same thing this morning when we first heard the news. With all that cash, you'd think he'd have sourced and paid for the ultimate miraculous 'shaman' cure or had "access" to ET technology whatever ... Who knows - it certainly made me wonder too for a moment, though nothing surprises me these days.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th October 2011 at 05:05. Reason: fix quote'ing

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wiremu2011 For This Post:

jackovesk (6th October 2011), ketturah (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Meesh (6th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Maybe his time here was just up.

Simple.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), Lisab (6th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), sepia (6th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

I love my Iphone. I think there be pixies in there! RIP Mr Jobs x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

I need to check his palm. To verify something.

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,185 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by sepia (here)
    Look at him with your heart and you will see a bright being who lived and died in dignity.
    Exactly! Perfectly stated. Steve Jobs was a great being, and transforming the way we communicate in the cause of human freedom and creativity was his mission this lifetime.

He will be back... the job is not yet complete.

My best wishes to all - Bill

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

astrid (6th October 2011), Caren (7th October 2011), DeDukshyn (7th October 2011), ketturah (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Malachi (6th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), Professor (7th October 2011), Yoda (6th October 2011)

12. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    I guess we Apple users enjoy never having to download the endless updates that WUNDOWs seems to need daily just to function at all, or the endless virus protection a PC also needs in abundance. Nuff said - RIP Steve - you made life better
    Lets not make this a Windows v Apple thing, there are plenty of computer forums who can argue that till the cows come home. You are obviously an Apple fan but spurting nonsense like that is kinda pointless and just ignorant.

I am not part of the Apple Cult, yes to me it is a cult, y'all drank the cool ade and cant see past it, fine. Jobs was a clever guy and Im sure pleasant too but lets see it for what it really is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nairnia For This Post:

Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by Nairnia (here)
    I guess we Apple users enjoy never having to download the endless updates that WUNDOWs seems to need daily just to function at all, or the endless virus protection a PC also needs in abundance. Nuff said - RIP Steve - you made life better
    Lets not make this a Windows v Apple thing, there are plenty of computer forums who can argue that till the cows come home. You are obviously an Apple fan but spurting nonsense like that is kinda pointless and just ignorant.

I am not part of the Apple Cult, yes to me it is a cult, y'all drank the cool ade and cant see past it, fine. Jobs was a clever guy and Im sure pleasant too but lets see it for what it really is.
    Specifically what "nonsense" are you referring to? (And I also use PCs in my work). Do not assume to know anything about me - because you don't know me at all! I'm not part of any cult, Apple or otherwise, and it's your comments I find ignorant. I stated two shortcomings of the Windows platform that any user of both PC and Mac know only too well. Please, enlighten me?
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 6th October 2011 at 14:59.

15. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

He will be back... the job is not yet complete.

Yes, I can't imagine a creative and dynamic being like Steve Jobs putting his feet up on an icloud for too long. Thanks Steve for the change you have brought to the world. And thanks for my MacBook too.

I wonder if ETs ever come here and say, 'Wow, these guys are getting some pretty cool stuff. Erm...this looks familiar."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartacus For This Post:

KiwiElf (6th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #50
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Shakespeare's Foot. (here)
    Some of the comments on here are pretty vile. What is Avalon really becoming?
    Depends from which angle you look at it..?

ie: From a Mac Users point of view; From a PC Users point of view; From a Anti-NWO Globalist/Elite point of view; From a Humanitarian point of view;

Lets just settle for 'Freedom of Speech' & 'Honesty' point of view, whatever that may be..?

As for;
    Quote What is Avalon really becoming?
    Avalonians like some others of the world have stopped worshipping 'False Gods' long ago..! Especially those with an Agenda, that beneath the surface is not in Humanities best interest...

ie: Children spending less time outdoors &/or with their family, Brain Cancer, Big Brother Tracking Technologies, Market Monopolies, etc, etc...

I don't know much about Steve Jobs, only to say everyone will be judged by their maker eventually..!

So lets leave it up to Him/Her shall we...

As far as I am aware Avalon is still a place where 'Freedom of Speech' is paramount, even though we occassionally have our disagreements..!

Now using my Honesty & Freedom of Speech, I am tiring of those who bag (Avalon the Forum) because they dissagree with what 1 or 2 others have said...

Think about it..!!!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 6th October 2011 at 15:38.

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Well said jackovesk. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on this one.

I'm sure everyone here at Avalon wishes Steve well on his onward journey. I think some people just want to draw a line under the reality of our situation.

Over the years, we have seen many bright sparks come and go. Edison, Einstein, H. Ford... the list goes on and on of individuals who have contributed to technological advancement. Like someone said earlier, flashes of inspiration have a divine source...they will always surface through humanity and amaze us.

The real sign of our advancement is how we utilize that technology.

And that, my friends, rests with each of us.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), jackovesk (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), Miller (6th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nairnia (here)

Specifically what "nonsense" are you referring to? (And I also use PCs in my work). Do not assume to know anything about me - because you don't know me at all! I'm not part of any cult, Apple or otherwise, and it's your comments I find ignorant. I stated two shortcomings of the Windows platform that any user of both PC and Mac know only too well. Please, enlighten me?
    actually the windows operating systems work fine without the updates, I never have the automatic updates switched on because they don't give a specific description to what they actually do, usually some small description about it being for security reasons... lol... could be anything they are putting on your system

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

modwiz (6th October 2011)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,185 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    “Here's to the crazy ones ~ the misfits, the rebels, the
    troublemakers ~ the round pegs in the square holes ~ the ones who see things differently
    -- they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify
    them ~ but the only thing you can't do is ignore them ~ because they change things ~
    they push the human race forward ~ and while some may see them as the crazy ones ~
    we see genius ~ because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change
    the world ~ are the ones who do”

~ Steve Jobs
    Some more Steve Jobs quotes:
    • "You've got to find what you love."
    • "We're here to put a dent in the universe."
    • "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
    • "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."
    • "Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
    • "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th October 2011 at 20:10.

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arc (7th October 2011), astrid (6th October 2011), blufire (7th October 2011), Caren (7th October 2011), DeDukshyn (7th October 2011), ketturah (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011), Lettherebelight (6th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), Lisab (7th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), New Dawn (6th October 2011), risveglio (7th October 2011), Whiskey_Mystic (6th October 2011), Yoda (8th October 2011)

24. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Did you know him personally Paul?

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    From http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being.
    Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend
    and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built,
    and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple

25. Link to Post #55
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Well, he certainly was a genius of his field.

However, he didnīt seem to care when several Chinese workers were committing suicide, because of the terrible work and living conditions, at FoxConn, a company that produces most part of the electronic parts for Apple products. Foxconn still produces electronics for Apple, and do you know what they did? Theyīve installed "safety nets" around the FoxConn buildings. I doesnīt look a a humanitarian solution for me.

He also reinvented the meaning of "programmed obsolesce", creating products made to be disposable very quickly, not because they would stop working, but because Appleīs marketing strategy is so brutal, that once they launch a new version of a product, which is every year, everyone feels compelled to buy the new version, even if itīs technically just a bit different from itīs predecessor. This doesnīt look to good for the planet, right?

I mean, he could have launched the same version of the iPhone we have now, fours years ago, but he chose to put lots of features on hold, so he could introduce them in small doses, on each new version, and of course, sell a "brand new innovative" iPhone, every year, again and again.

Good design is made to last. If something needs to be upgraded every year, itīs because itīs not good design. Itīs a deliberate incomplete product.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Bongo (6th October 2011), jcocks (8th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011), TheSwede (7th October 2011)

27. Link to Post #56
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Mixed feelings.

This is a man who ran a company - which has its trash and electronic waste dumped in 3rd world countries under the ruse that it's "second hand goods", and also actively participates in product obsiletion in all their products, meaning the product is DESIGNED to fail/die at around (preferably just after) the warranty date.

This man was the CEO of this company - he had every chance, oportunity, and the power to change things.

I see people call out and cheer on this man, saying he went on a spiritual trek to india and the such.

But what has he done for the world other than that?

Run a company, get rich, live the good life, yes?

Another man is dead. Allways sad for loss of life - but why the need for a forum post? It makes more sense for me for an Avalon member to post of the death of a relative than this bloke, an Avalalonian's post at least, means something to me.......

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Bongo (6th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (6th October 2011), TheSwede (7th October 2011)

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Fair points, RMorgan and TigaHawk.

I guess the best that can be said is that we wish him well in his onward journey toward the light.

And here's hoping that we all have the intelligence to use this technology wisely. The AI that is now becoming available to us through products like the I-phone 4S (the voice activated services of 'Siri', the 'humble personal assistant), is a sign of things to come. More than ever now we need to look beyond short term marketing goals, and together strive for a bigger, farther reaching vision of the future...something more than just getting the most out of our own experience.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

modwiz (6th October 2011), RMorgan (6th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Stay Hugry. Stay Foolish. -Steve Jobs
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011)

33. Link to Post #59
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,602 times in 21,522 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Did you know him personally Paul?
    No ... I did not know.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

34. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

If I might suggest~

This thread was clearly started as a memorial thread. (Thank you, Jackovesk) Some of you are doing the internet equivalent of picketing a funeral. I don't question your right to free speech, I just think it is in very poor taste.

And Jackovesk, in reply to your inquiry about medical technology, I would assume that if such technology existed, it would probably only be available to members of certain factions, not just rich people or all captains of industry.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th October 2011), jackovesk (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast