Thread: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

1. Link to Post #61
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Re: Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    If I might suggest~

This thread was clearly started as a memorial thread. (Thank you, Jackovesk) Some of you are doing the internet equivalent of picketing a funeral. I don't question your right to free speech, I just think it is in very poor taste.

And Jackovesk, in reply to your inquiry about medical technology, I would assume that if such technology existed, it would probably only be available to members of certain factions, not just rich people or all captains of industry.
    Iīm sorry. I didnīt mean to be rude.

However, I donīt like the fact that every celebrity that dies instantly becomes a saint.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Bongo (6th October 2011), ketturah (7th October 2011), modwiz (6th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    However, I donīt like the fact that every celebrity that dies instantly becomes a saint.
    Perhaps people want to focus on what is good about a life and celebrate that. I hope when I pass, people will remember the good things about me and let the rest pass. There is good in every human life, I believe.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), Limor Wolf (7th October 2011), RMorgan (6th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wiremu2011 (here)
    Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Makes you wonder whether or not these technologies/advanced medicine/s exist at all..?

Just a thought...
    Exactly mate, I was telling my wife the same thing this morning when we first heard the news. With all that cash, you'd think he'd have sourced and paid for the ultimate miraculous 'shaman' cure or had "access" to ET technology whatever ... Who knows - it certainly made me wonder too for a moment, though nothing surprises me these days.
    There could still well be but perhaps Steve Jobs "the creative genius of Apple" was denied access to such information.

I say this because one thing that springs to mind is the Samsung lawsuit against Apple on Patent rights worth trillions.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th October 2011 at 05:06. Reason: fix quote'ing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oceanz For This Post:

ketturah (7th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)

Another man is dead. Allways sad for loss of life - but why the need for a forum post? It makes more sense for me for an Avalon member to post of the death of a relative than this bloke, an Avalalonian's post at least, means something to me.......
    I think the "news" value of it is worth something. I'll also say he did have many qualities that were admirable and using the symbol of his death to be inspired by those qualities is also useful - so I see some value there. My 2 cents
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ketturah (7th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member ketturah's Avatar
    Thanks

Makes you wonder whether or not these technologies/advanced medicine/s exist at all..?

Just a thought...
    Exactly mate, I was telling my wife the same thing this morning when we first heard the news. With all that cash, you'd think he'd have sourced and paid for the ultimate miraculous 'shaman' cure or had "access" to ET technology whatever ... Who knows - it certainly made me wonder too for a moment, though nothing surprises me these days.
    I believe he was diagnosed in 2003. He did have ALOT of medical intervention that probably is not available to average people. I know that normal people do not get organ transplants to treat cancer. The mother of a friend of mine could not get on the Liver transplant wait list because she had Hep C. The transplant just gave him more time...which alot of people in his position want but are denied. If you know about cancer, they give you 5 year survival rate. Steve Jobs lived 8 years possibly with stage 4 cancer, that is a miracle. It is just too bad we all can't have equal medical care in the US. RIP Steve Jobs....my thoughts are with his kids and wife.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th October 2011 at 05:07. Reason: fix quote'ing

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Which is rather telling on it's own. There's no mysterious shaman cure, they all work from the essential design or rather attempt to work through where the design was tampered with and any 'secrets' that are so flooobered up in modern conditioning to be rendered useless anyway. And why those in the know about essential design and have perverted it to create an artificial matrix would offer it to Jobs is beyond me.

Pancreatic cancer is a physical expression found in people so driven by 'something' that in spite of lacking for nothing they can't seem to enjoy their beingness, their lives. No cure for that but a willingness to adopt healthier attitudes in one's self. A visionary, a success, but perhaps driving Apple wasn't doing him any favors, which is sad when one's life work does that to them....

Just a thought...
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th October 2011 at 05:07. Reason: fix quote'ing

11. Link to Post #67
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,602 times in 21,522 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    No cure for that but a willingness to adopt healthier attitudes in one's self.
    Well said. Better health is available to all of us ... if we choose it. Steve Jobs' life was rather evidently focused elsewhere.

Odds are good, if he were offered a trip in a time machine to sometime several decades ago, and given a choice of achieving what he did, or instead of living to a ripe old age with a healthy pancreas ... he'd make the same choice again.

You don't buy health ... you choose it.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Caren (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011), Mad Hatter (7th October 2011), modwiz (7th October 2011)

13. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Having worked for both Apple and IBM the chalk and cheese difference was made apparent upon my first lifting the lid on the earliest MAC...

To the entire workshops astonishment we found the signatures of everyone who had helped it become a reality, injection moulded onto the inside face of the cover, which for me epitomised the nature of the thinking which made it what it was. Revolutionary. IBM on the other hand didn't (still doesn't) have a clue, which isn't very suprising since Micro$loth has a foot firmly in both camps.

Catchya next time round Steve, I know your going to love the possibilities Quantum Computing represents !!!

In the meantime I look forward to the potential your kids represent...

PS - Prolly too early, but the typical Aussie in me wants to know... Does this means all the people at Apple are now jobless

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011), Lettherebelight (7th October 2011)

15. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

A lot of these posts make me shake my head in disappointment.

First of all, I don't believe a thing the MSM tells, so I'm skeptical about a billionaire with very powerful friends that have suppressed knowledge dying of cancer.

That is silly really. My first thought was the recent speculation about the destruction of underground bases.

Maybe he was there, explaining why he recently stepped down as Apple CEO. I believe he was in bed with the "elite", so they won't let him die even if he is clueless by trusting stupid doctors that only know about chemotherapy and drugs that only promote the billion dollar cancer business.

Cancer can be cured very easy with hemp oil. THC kills cancer cells. No form of cancer can survive that. Even brain tumors. That is one of the many reasons "marijuana" is illegal.

Changing your diet to organic and alkalizing the body is another. Raise your PH to 7 and the immune system will take care of the rest.

God gave us everything we need and naturally and free of cost we can beat any disease there is known to man if we have the knowledge.

Died of cancer? Sorry, I don't buy it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthman For This Post:

KiwiElf (7th October 2011), modwiz (7th October 2011), TheSwede (7th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #70
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Quote Posted by Positive Vibe Merchant (here)
    Thankls for the reality hit Modwiz. Th thing that bothers me the most of all, how as soon as somone dies (no disrespect meant here, so apoogies in advance) everyone seems to exonerate that person for crimes them commited and let them loose, and it is not good enough.

So he was brilliant, but lets have a look at the iphone/pod/pad generation that he and gates had a massive hand in bringing forward. You can't dismiss the fact that apple has made billions of dollars, tracked our movements, and basically set us up for full on mind control through these products.

he had the change to user his power for good.

At this time where ordinary people are starting to become active and ask questions about who is responsible and what is happening in the world, lets not keep our eyes off the prize. This man is not to be celebrated (in my view).

How much tech do you think his greedy little hands have been sitting on all this time? think about it.
    its unfortunate, but in my personal opinion, this is not a great loss to humanity.
    Harsh view, but I am sure that we are all grown up to accept points of view.
    PVM
    Without this guy and Bill Gates we would not be sitting here on this forum. If you really believe that we are all one and all connected then we are all responsible for what is happening in the world, good and bad, so let's not sit here in judgement.. It's such a beautiful day. RIP Steve Jobs and all the others who have died - and will die - today.
    I don't know if I believe that. Jobs and Gates both did there share of stealing. Without them, we would still have these forums. Only difference is that an Apple would only be a fruit and there probably would not be really piss poor operating systems with bad browsers dominating the web.

18. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

At no point, I 'm sure did Bill Gates or Steve Jobs hold a gun to our heads and say "You will die if you don't have Microsoft or Apple"

Inconvienced perhaps but most people don't die of inconvience.

Consumerism is composed one half of those who participate in it or rather buy into it literallly So is the internet. There is a certain responsibility the consumer )or perhaps 'the victim'( plays in supporting these sorts of paradigms.

We can always say 'NO" to their product. Or at least be aware that our choices may be feeding an energy that perhaps we don't want to feed. So a bit of a shared responsbility there. We are not victims of Steve JObs or Bill Gates. Really we're not. If we are I think we should be addressing our own ''uhm" ...issues instead of blaming the collapse of society into base consumerism/materialism/ on those who found a slot and ran with it as far as they can go. If not for the consumer they wouldn't have gotten very far.

Yes?

19. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by truthman (here)

Died of cancer? Sorry, I don't buy it.
    I didn't know Steve, but I live nearby and run in some of the same circles. All I can tell you is that Steve was obviously ill and became progressively so over the years.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

ketturah (7th October 2011), Omni (7th October 2011)

21. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

“.. almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th October 2011), KiwiElf (7th October 2011), risveglio (7th October 2011)

23. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,393 times in 3,448 posts

RIP Steve Jobs. I respect(ed) the man.

Can't say I respect the intelligence of every post in this thread though.... Am I really being called an apple cult member for liking apple computers because I've gotten zero viruses in 20 years, and it still actually WORKS after a year at basically the same speed???

Also I challenge whoever said apple makes productions that are made to break on warranty to back that up. I've had and used apple products since the 90's. Not a single one ever broke on me over the last couple decades.... And their resale value is very high. Can sell them for a lot compared to other products...
    Last edited by Omni; 7th October 2011 at 22:45.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

KiwiElf (8th October 2011)

25. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,393 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Doesn't selling your soul usually come with a collection date? He was a titan of industry. So is Gates. I do not mourn the soulless sociopaths passing from this world. This may sound hard or cruel but it is clear the whos and whats of the planets problems and he was one of the Elite. His proprietary designs made sure all profits came home to him and his company. The PC, headed up by Windows and Bill Gates looks like philanthropy by comparison with OEM designs that allowed you to optimize at the best price as quickly as the technology hit the market.

Please do not let the watchers for these ruthless scumbags see us show even the slightest of concern or compassion when one of these parasites finally draw their last breath. Let them know they have made it personal with their rape of our environment and hoarding of monies to the top one percent. They do not care about us anymore than what we can contribute to their bank and offshore accounts that they do not feel obliged to pay taxes on.

There is nothing to celebrate but neither is there anything to mourn. People like him would steal your intellectual property and try to sue you if you wanted a fair portion of your efforts. We are dealing with sociopaths and they eat our compassion for lunch. Probably a little sweeter than they like it though.

I never liked the man.
    Riiiight. And he took 1 cent a year as CEO for apple because he's one of them. Really makes a lot of sense.... One of them, would take as much as they possibly could get in almost all likelihood. He was not part of (sociopathic)PTB imo. I could be wrong...

Quote People like him would steal your intellectual property and try to sue you if you wanted a fair portion of your efforts.
    Please show proof he did this.

Quote This may sound hard or cruel but it is clear the whos and whats of the planets problems and he was one of the Elite. His proprietary designs made sure all profits came home to him and his company.
    You mean he ran a business that, *gasp*, made profits? Really? I do not see a SLIVER of evidence there is truth to your words beyond this comment above, which is what every single dam company on the entire planet does as far as I'm aware....

Quote Let them know they have made it personal with their rape of our environment and hoarding of monies to the top one percent. They do not care about us anymore than what we can contribute to their bank and offshore accounts that they do not feel obliged to pay taxes on.
    Yes, a man who took 1 cent a year as his CEO pay of apple is totally a greedy scumbag....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

KiwiElf (8th October 2011)

27. Link to Post #76
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Steve Jobs was a master of manifestation in this 3 dimensional world. He was a human being, like all of us, full of flaws and contradictions. He amassed enormous wealth on the basis of his vision and talent for creation. I see no evidence that he, himself, ever did anything but obsess over his first love, technology. His products represent a technology which may or may not have been coopted by the "elites", but the products DID bring the wonder, and power of personal computing to the masses. The logo is the apple, from the tree of knowledge, and we have all taken a bite.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

KiwiElf (8th October 2011), Spartacus (9th October 2011), ZooLife (30th September 2015)

29. Link to Post #77
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

I'm sure that reality distortion field of his will come in very handy to TPTB in the coming times

30. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,184 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    “Here's to the crazy ones ~ the misfits, the rebels, the
    troublemakers ~ the round pegs in the square holes ~ the ones who see things differently
    -- they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify
    them ~ but the only thing you can't do is ignore them ~ because they change things ~
    they push the human race forward ~ and while some may see them as the crazy ones ~
    we see genius ~ because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change
    the world ~ are the ones who do”

~ Steve Jobs
    Some more Steve Jobs quotes:
    • "You've got to find what you love."
    • "We're here to put a dent in the universe."
    • "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
    • "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."
    • "Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
    • "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."

And this -- in full:
    "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. You've got to find what you love. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. Everything else is secondary."

-- Steve Jobs, Stanford Report, 2/3/05

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Elly (9th October 2011), KiwiElf (8th October 2011), Mad Hatter (8th October 2011), Sebastion (8th October 2011), ZooLife (30th September 2015)

32. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

this is probably gonna sound crazy but iv gotta feeling steve jobs' consciousness chose to leave this planet before the coming economic crisis that would see his company fall which he had so lovingly nurtured back from the ashes. Would've been too much for him to handle. Atleast he got to see it off at its peak.
    Last edited by sidh25; 8th October 2011 at 14:08.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to sidh25 For This Post:

KiwiElf (9th October 2011)

34. Link to Post #80
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,602 times in 21,522 posts

On the matter of why Steve Jobs millions didn't buy him health - see this interview by Dr. Mercola of Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, an expert in alternative cancer treatments:

Transcript: http://mercola.fileburst.com/PDF/Exp...nSteveJobs.pdf
    When you're wealthy and you're famous and you are diagnosed with a life threatening illness, conventional medicine comes out of the woodwork with their "remedies". Very few of us, unless we already had a "do or die" commitment to alternative remedies, would have the courage to choose such then.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

jackovesk (12th October 2011), Limor Wolf (27th October 2011), modwiz (10th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast