+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 89 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Lol, it's the same here as it always has been with Chrisitianity "We've decided only we can see the truth, believe as we believe or you're blind. Oh, your arguments are no good, because you're blind" It really does you no credit to use such a disingenuous argument.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Davidallany (18th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), RMorgan (18th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by travellor (here)
    As for a creator of all things I do think the Earth can create with out the help, maybe hindrance of and outside force.

If you wish to believe in a creator of all things then fair enough but the excuse we have free will, when asked why the creator does not do more for the suffering of his/her/its children is wearing a little thin.
    an Almighty Spirit is both an internal and external force

meaning there is no limit to this Spirit

i think that the Almighty is the Projector

and that He also has projected an Image of Himself in Heaven

which appearantly acts as an external God to us

but in all reality is an internal Spirit as well as external

here is much suffering in the world

but i hear all the time stories about how God has helped or healed someone

so we are not without watch or care

4. Link to Post #43
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

time to take this to the studio and do it professionally

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KkHn4MCV6_Y

5. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by pharoah21 (here)
    go f*ck your dictating self
    Thank you for the good laugh pharaoh. I think the true Creator holds great appreciation for that kind of spirit!

Cheers,
    Fred

6. Link to Post #45
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Quote Posted by Mu2143 (here)
    Sci-Fi does not exsit there have been telling you the truth all along, but because people are spiritual blind and claim that they can seen. They will simple remain in the dark.
    let put me it this way

If you can't find out what happened 2000 years ago then how are you going to figure out that you have been lied to. Where do you get the truth from!

How do you know what is truth. The Internet ??? if you can't discern what is true then your lost
    Actually, I don´t think we could get the truth from anywhere but from inside ourselves.

I also think that the so called truth is just incompatible with our minds. It´s just like trying to run a modern computer software inside a 386 computer.

In my opinion, our hardware is not advanced enough to run the truth program.

Who knows...Maybe we are only able to have a glimpse of the truth at the exact moment when we born and when we finally die.

However, it´s important for our evolution to keep looking.

Anyway, I´ll never allow anyone to push me external simplified notions of the truth. Along history, we have had our greatest and most brilliant minds working on it, and no one could get even close.

No book will tell me what to do, specially a book that was mostly used to control, instead of to enlighten.

You know...Things are not that simple. No man can say: - Hey, I´m the son of god. You´ll have to believe me. If you believe me you´ll be saved. - End it gets even worse, when another man say: - Hey, I represent the son of god, you have to believe me, and give me your money, and only then I´ll think about if I´ll save you or not - End it gets pretty nasty when another group of men say: - We represent god. You are pagans, so we will kill you and conquer your people and your land....

Please, don´t get me wrong...I´m just expressing my opinion. You can believe whatever you want and I´ll still respect you. Respect is the key here. If everyone really respected each other, we wouldn´t need any religion or any book to follow.

I´m not against the bible or christianity , I´m totally against all religions. IMO, religion is a man made think, orchestrated since the beginning to control.

Anyway, I can always change my mind. However, I´ve talked about this subject with many religious people and no one was able to change my mind yet.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 18th November 2011 at 14:11.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), Mu2143 (18th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

8. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Thats what i'm trying say your only going to get the truth from the spirit and with the spirit of discernment you will get the bigger picture!!

I was only making a point , because we live in a hologaphic matrix of time and the real you is in the spirit realm holding a book etc.
    The more spiritual light your shinning the better you see what is really written in a book or from the internet.

But if you have no love in you then there is no light and you will remain blind.
    The more things you do out of love the more you see what you realy
    are doing, but the trouble is that we started in darkness more or less
    when we are born in this ages.

The closer your are with GOD the better you see. GOD is projecting this reality and when you get closer to him you realy see it for what is.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

Beren (19th November 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), RMorgan (18th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #47
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Sci-Fi does not exsit there have been telling you the truth all along, but because people are spiritual blind and claim that they can seen. They will simple remain in the dark.
    let put me it this way

If you can't find out what happened 2000 years ago then how are you going to figure out that you have been lied to. Where do you get the truth from!

How do you know what is truth. The Internet ??? if you can't discern what is true then your lost
    I don't need some book cobbled together by an emperor in 326 ad.
    I am the truth.

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

http://duncanofinioan.wordpress.com/
    Title "The Holiday Days"

Quote Until the human race can care about itself, care about each other, truly care about those in need, it will stay covered in darkness. No matter how much love and light you believe you are projecting, it will not matter. You can have love and light coming out your ass. But until you are ready to physically, emotionally, and spiritually ” take care of each other” you will have nothing but darkness masquerading as love and light.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), kathymarie (18th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), RMorgan (18th November 2011), Ruby L. (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Prompted to bring Montalk's current update here...seems rather relevant.

Over 80% of the Gospel of Thomas can be found distributed throughout the New Testament, but padded and deviated with the aforementioned artifices. The Gospel of Thomas contains all the meat and none of the dressing found in the New Testament. It is fundamentally subversive to the religious power structure, and it is of Gnostic disposition, including the 80% that are in the Bible. Thus the New Testament contains a Gnostic nucleus. The rest contains a mix of genuine wisdom from other sources and corruption with malicious intent.

The historical context and timing of these teachings, as well as their spiritual content and direction, says something about the role of the original Jesus Christ. It’s very similar to the role of other avatars such as Gautama Buddha. As I proposed in my Gnosis series, Jesus was an advanced soul who incarnated as a human in order to become a living vessel for a higher divine intelligence. There is a difference between Jesus the man and Christ the higher consciousness that became active in him, and can become active in us. The end goal of his legacy was for each of us to do likewise, and that is the basis of Gnostic belief. It was his intent that we follow in his example and succeed him, whereas the corrupted version of Christianity demands we remain in his shadow on our knees.

The Gnostics, more than any other sect in history, have suffered the greatest and harshest persecution by the Church. It is both ironic and expected that those who were closest to the original Christian teachings would become the greatest targets of those who hijacked the teachings. The greatest threat to any simulacrum is the original.

http://montalk.net/notes/on-the-historicity-of-jesus

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), kathymarie (18th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Mark (5th December 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #50
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

http://duncanofinioan.wordpress.com/
    Title "The Holiday Days"

Quote Until the human race can care about itself, care about each other, truly care about those in need, it will stay covered in darkness. No matter how much love and light you believe you are projecting, it will not matter. You can have love and light coming out your ass. But until you are ready to physically, emotionally, and spiritually ” take care of each other” you will have nothing but darkness masquerading as love and light.
    I agree 100%, my friend. I´ve seen many love and light hippies creating their own communities just to end up showing themselves as really selfish and egocentric bastards.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), Ruby L. (18th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by kathymarie (here)
    AT my lowest and most questioning period of fasting and praying...the words of Jeremiah 31:33 came alive to me.....THAT HE WOULD WRITE HIS LAWS IN THEIR MINDS AND IN THEIR HEARTS ....I believe in a creator/source....I believe that entity is LOVE.

Those words of Jeremiah were like a beacon to me....that the truth will be written on our hearts...on the INSIDE....so that we don't have to rely on a written word which may be manipulated/rewritten/ or even misinterpreted without intention.
    hi Kathymarie

i believe as well that the laws are written in our minds and our hearts

so we shall know right from wrong

and conscience is a still small voice that tells us when we're wrong

still many carry on ignoring this gentle voice

but it is the laws and not the truths that are written in our minds and our hearts

to know the truth we need the Spirit of Truth or the Holy Dove Of God

the Comforter and the 3rd person in the Trinity

science is supressing much truths and planting fictions

but hello it is part of the establishment run by Satan

Jesus says "if you love Me then follow My commandments"

There's only one commandment He gave...and Jesus said "You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself....one these hinge the Law and the Prophets."
    We don't show God we love God by doing anything...that's what the Pharisee's did....a relationship based on works. God doesn't have to see us "do"anything to know if we love or not.

Someone else posted a comment that it was hard work to get back to God....it shouldn't be. It shouldn't be a hard thing to be restored to a relationship with our Creator/Source---and that's assuming we can be out of relationship.

This isn't directed to RedEzra but to those of us who believe humanity may very well be the product of alien genetic manipulation (and believing that doesn't negate that one can believe in a Creator/Source)......but what if the idea of religion isn't peculiar to Earth....what if our religions are screwed up versions of alien beliefs as well. Truth mixed with myth.??????
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kathymarie For This Post:

Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), Sky (19th December 2011)

19. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There's only one commandment He gave...and Jesus said "You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself....one these hinge the Law and the Prophets."
    yes and if everyone lived by this loving precept then the earth would be another heaven

We don't show God we love God by doing anything...that's what the Pharisee's did....a relationship based on works. God doesn't have to see us "do"anything to know if we love or not.
    i believe God wants us to actively help and look after each other

like the big family we are

but we fall hopelessly short on this most of the time

Someone else posted a comment that it was hard work to get back to God....it shouldn't be. It shouldn't be a hard thing to be restored to a relationship with our Creator/Source---and that's assuming we can be out of relationship.
    Jesus serves as an Example and an Ideal which we can copy in our lives

it's not too hard but it takes a humble heart and a discipline mind

This isn't directed to RedEzra but to those of us who believe humanity may very well be the product of alien genetic manipulation (and believing that doesn't negate that one can believe in a Creator/Source)......but what if the idea of religion isn't peculiar to Earth....what if our religions are screwed up versions of alien beliefs as well. Truth mixed with myth.??????
    i too believe based on the Bible that there were breeding between spirits and humans producing giant hybrid humans or demigods

which was the reason for the Deluge

and somehow this genepool survived the Flood

where the decendants of the antediluvian hybrids became the rulers of mankind

building Babel and all in all opposing God's purpose for humanity

20. Link to Post #53
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    It’s very similar to the role of other avatars such as Gautama Buddha.
    an Avatar is an incarnation of God with a specific mission

and a Buddha is an enlighted human being with a specific purpose

what is the difference between God and an enlighted human being ?

not much ; ) but God is still God

Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    As I proposed in my Gnosis series, Jesus was an advanced soul who incarnated as a human in order to become a living vessel for a higher divine intelligence. There is a difference between Jesus the man and Christ the higher consciousness that became active in him, and can become active in us. The end goal of his legacy was for each of us to do likewise, and that is the basis of Gnostic belief. It was his intent that we follow in his example and succeed him, whereas the corrupted version of Christianity demands we remain in his shadow on our knees.
    Jesus Christ is the Word or Creative Heart of God according to the Bible

but i think He came as a Man without His divine powers and fully dependant upon His relationship with the Father to work healings and miracles etc

we can do the same as He did here on earth if we have the faith as a mustard seed ; )

21. Link to Post #54
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Loveisall21 (here)
    It's all about the Sun and our solar system. The bible is a very special book but it is not meant to be taken literally. I know saying that will ruffle some feathers . I get that. Reading that would have made me upset many years ago. The truth is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow, but it always sets you free in the end.
    im sure the Bible speaks on several levels but you have formed this opinion by trusting men

or perhaps wolves in sheeps clothing

the establishment decides what we will think and so supress truths and propagate lies

we cannot longer distinguish truth from false without the Spirit of Truth guiding us

Oh have I now? I'm sorry to tell you this Redezra but you have formed your opinion on Christianity by trusting men. Who wrote the bible? Men. But God gave you and me a brain to logically study and investigate the information. One either does that or they don't. Who are you to make the judgement that the spirit of truth is not guiding me.

This is really is a big waste of time. I'm not going to be engaged by anything you have to write because and I'd like to quote you here: i could go on and on but it's not my point to convince those who have made up their mind

for them no amount of evidence will change their believes

If I wanted to get a fundamentalist bible lesson I'd first go get a lobotamy and then go back to my old congregation.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loveisall21 For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Gardener (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #55
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

If I wanted to get a fundamentalist bible lesson I'd first go get a lobotamy and then go back to my old congregation.
    those clips that you posted come out of Rotchild sponsored Zeitgeist

but by all means if you want to believe wolves in sheeps clothing then go ahead

i wont stop you

24. Link to Post #56
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

those clips that you posted come out of Rotchild sponsored Zeitgeist

but by all means if you want to believe wolves in sheeps clothing then go ahead

i wont stop you
    You're funny!

Peace out.

25. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

i believe the Bible paints a true if not complete picture about our Creator in this Age
    Yep, it sure does.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
    - Richard Dawkins

I'm not an atheist as Dawkins is, but that's the best description I've ever seen of the one who names himself "God" in the OT.

Here's an excellent verse-by-verse examination of the bible:
    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm
    ...with direct links to the "Good Book" itself. A real eye-opener if you've only heard the Sunday School version.

Personally, I have no use for anyone who demands to be worshiped. I think Worship is one of the ugliest words in existence.
    Love, on the other hand, is the most beautiful word in existence, and that's the Source I listen to. Love is reciprocal; worship is not.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish."

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OneLittleFrog For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), kathymarie (19th November 2011), kingmonkey (3rd December 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011), Sebastion (18th November 2011)

27. Link to Post #58
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Now lets all praise the Lord, the one and only, his worship Darth Sidious, dark lord of the Sith.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #59
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    According to someone I trust who was a priest, no, they are not the authors.
    How could they have written them if they were not written until around 100 years after jesus was meant to have left?
    And your lack of care is at odds with what you claim you are and stand for.
    i dont see how you can put your trust in modern men living 2000 years after the events

there is no date on the scrolls which make up the Bible so it is just a modern guess as to when they were written down

but remember the establishment is against the Christ and the Bible

i care about you but i dont care what you think of me
    Well, I don't know how they date the writings, as I never cared enough to find out.
    But, knowing my friend and how thorough he is, he checks everything out.
    He told me that the church knows far more than they are allowed to say.
    And no, the establishment isn't against your bible or your jesus, they ARE the establishment, or haven't you noticed?
    The four gospels (the first 4 books of the new testament) were written between 35 and 80 AD.
    How do we know this?
    Because we have pieces (and sometimes much more than just pieces) of writing from the gospels from this time.
    If we have pieces of the gospels from this time the original must be written before that.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

RedeZra (18th November 2011), risveglio (12th June 2012)

31. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Gods are constructs of men, period. It is ok if in your delusional state you find peace, but leave it in your mind. Don't poison the rest of the world with religious BS. We have seen enough misery to last forever. Look around today. What is the main source of discontent? Religion. "My god is better than your god, and if you disagree, I'll kill you. God said I SHOULD kill you". Hmm, loving god?

People of the world live under the misguided belief that there is a here and a there. It separates us from each other. It's the opposite of the truth.

Granted, man or myth, the teachings attributed to Jesus Christ are wonderful. Their meaning has been subverted by men for nefarious purposes. Read Deepak Chopra's interpertion of Jesus' word. Jesus seemed to fully understand and employ the principles of advanced physics.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 89 LastLast