+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Mandelbrot Set: Fractals to Infinity

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default The Mandelbrot Set: Fractals to Infinity

This is a programme describing the beauty of a mathematical phenomonem.Discovered in 1980 by a French mathamatician Dr.Mandelbrot who gave it his name.
    The sheer colour fractels that replicate themselves to 'infinity and beyond' to quote 'Buzz Lightyear'

I do not like mathamatic equations etc, they send me to sleep.LOL...

But don't be put off there is little maths in it, watch it for its beauty and endless possibilities ...

If you want to watch the full film just carry on at the end of pt 2.....
    It looks like the childs Kaleidoscope toy where you look down a tube and twist it to form
    pretty patterns..The Scientists are obviously excited about its meanings...

Maybe the universe is on one big psychedelic Trip..

Cheers Steve..
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 18:22.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

aranuk (20th November 2011), Bollinger (20th November 2011), buckminster fuller (20th November 2011), Caren (26th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Ecnal61 (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (20th November 2011), Gardener (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), John Parslow (20th November 2011), Laurel (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), modwiz (20th November 2011), nomadguy (20th November 2011), tuku (21st February 2013), WhiteFeather (20th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The Mandelbrot Set: Fractals to Infinity

Well maybe the LSD experiments of the 60's /70's were accidently tapping into the matrix of the universe ??...

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 15:17.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Ecnal61 (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), modwiz (20th November 2011), take (21st November 2011), WhiteFeather (20th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

There is something primeval about this and simultaneously awe inspiring...

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

aranuk (20th November 2011), Bollinger (20th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Ecnal61 (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), Laurel (21st November 2011), modwiz (20th November 2011), take (21st November 2011), ulli (20th November 2011), WhiteFeather (20th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member gaiagirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve, I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart as your post here brought me back to a time in the early 90's where my spiritual journey REALLY took off . . . I was a RA for this brilliant and eccentric professor of both mathematics and psychology . . . it was a time when the home pc was just making it's way and we communicated via DOS on the University Intranet . . . I spent many hours in this little room testing subjects and evaluating results . . . the room happened to house much of this professor's library and it was here that I discovered James Gleick's book: "Chaos - Making the New Science" and the Madlebrot set in all it's paradoxical simplicity and intricateness . . . I was simultaneously on my third year of a seven year journey into practicing Veganism as well as my second year of practicing Yoga and Meditation on a daily basis . . . seeing the Mandlebrot Set for the first time brought tears to my eyes for all it's beauty and to this day it still illicits the sense that it is a true mathmatical representation of the fingerprint of God each time I see it. It provides a remarkable visualization of the interconnectedness of variables and how they play out in reference to each other over this illusion we experience as time. Thank you again for this wonderful post and for bringing me back to where my true journey began . . . again, Avalon reminds me that I am right where I am supposed to be!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gaiagirl For This Post:

aranuk (20th November 2011), Bollinger (20th November 2011), Caren (26th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), Ecnal61 (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), Laurel (21st November 2011), take (21st November 2011), ulli (20th November 2011), WhiteFeather (20th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Another whom I feel has taken this study a bit further is Dan Winter with the idea of infinite expansion and/or implosive fractal geometry.
    Nassim Harramein is another whom has assisted the research in this realm(this being a few names from a vast chorus of thinkers).
    Then there is another named Arthur Young whom has in the recent past discussed the geometry of the toroid.
    So what I am getting at is that the mandelbrot set is LIKE a picture of the real pattern of life.
    And that this research is leading to the discovery of a picture of the real thing.

I may be preaching to the choir here, however I also think that the Golden Mean is intrinsically involved, and that brings up the idea that ancient people's might had already conceived this knowledge,
    cubit, lost cubit and the "water key"

And lastly perhaps this knowledge invariably led to their ability to do amazing things.

I like one point I heard in Graham Hancock's presentation of "Quest For The Lost Civilization", where Chichen Itza is full of water at the base of the pyramids.

here are some refs
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-yz1D...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BYEG60e7S54

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qGYkJgOS2e0
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=THSJ1j2KCN0
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5bXdx5UrE

Why not now?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), Caren (26th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), KosmicKat (20th November 2011), Michel Leclerc (17th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks Gaiagirl I saw this documentry when it first came out and was stunned by its simplicity and complexity all in one .....If there is a lifeforce to the universe I think
    this may be a link to 'our maker' . As I said maths is not a subject that interested me . Arithmetic and the like fine....but when angles fractions of fractions
    come into play its time to run for cover..LOL.....But this is instinctively different, a link possibly to the begining !....Steve

I like the thought of being taught by a eccentric proff....

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 23:15.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Caren (26th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), nomadguy (21st November 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Thanks Gaiagirl I saw this documentry when it first came out and was stunned by its simplicity and complexity all in one .....If there is a lifeforce to the universe I think
    this may be a link to 'our maker' . As I said maths is not a subject that interested me . Arithmetic and the like fine....but when angles fractions of fractions
    come into play its time to run for cover.....But this is instinctively different a link possibly to the beggining....Steve
    If, like me, you are a math flunk (I don't even know the multiplication tables) you may be in the position of being able to just glimpse some of the extraordinary truths that mathematics can reveal. The equations are just a way to describe what we see in the patterns of, for example:
    • the face of a sunflower
    • a beehive
    • cymatic patterns
    • the movements of stars, planets, atoms and electrons
    • the geometry of the so-called Platonic solids
    • crystals
    • trees

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

Caren (26th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), Ecnal61 (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thats what Arthur was saying basically everything is made up of fractals I think ??

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 20:47.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thanks nomadguy loads of info cheers I like the simple explanation by Arthur Young of a possible explanation of the universe who knows?

The Graeme Hancock one I can't find , i love watching his presentations, another Somerset resident...

is this it...

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...tion_Part_1_6/
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 20:46.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I use XaoS to browse the Mandlebrot Set:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xaos/files/

It's Opensource and free and you can generate some beautiful images.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marielle For This Post:

Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 times in 284 posts

This is truly fascinating and provides a real glimpse into one of the wonders of the Universe. For me, at any rate, the most thought provoking aspect of it is the self-perpetuation. It is screaming out to us that the Universe is self-igniting, self-inducing, self-propagating, self-renewing, self-contained, self-replicating and self-sufficient.

And yet here we are on little old planet Earth, living, thinking and going in exactly the opposite direction. We seem to be running out of energy, of space, of food, of time. Our life is terminal and our means limited. Instead of expansion, the passage of time brings limitation and regression. It's all topsy turvy from start to finish. Sometimes I'm surprised at our stamina for surviving as long as we do given the glaring flaws in our way of life.
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest: The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
    Alexander Pope

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bollinger For This Post:

Caren (26th November 2011), Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), Gardener (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011), sandy (21st November 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thanks Bollinger I know what you mean, looking at the infinity of these beautifull patterns must surely mean that conciousness is everywhere !!!

And we are on the verge of a great reconnection, I feel it but cannot put it in the words it deserves.....Steve

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 21:51.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), Caren (26th November 2011), christian (20th November 2011), Gardener (20th November 2011), jessamy99 (20th November 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

The Mandelbrot Universe something is just telling me this is the building block of the universe ....

If you click on the link you can expand the universe to see it more clearly...

All though it has been computor generated it feels real..

http://arneoog.deviantart.com/art/Ma...2F1160767&qo=3
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 22:02.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bollinger (20th November 2011), Caren (26th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 times in 284 posts

Perhaps a major leap in our metaphysical evolution is just around the corner. What is irrefutable is that the knowlege we have gathered in just the last century far outweigh everything we discovered before then. There is certainly an acceleration in both our thinking as well as our technologies (or at the very least it certainly seems that way). Nothing can keep expanding without reaching a tipping point after which either we start again or cross over into a new mode of existence whilst still in the physical plane.

The only problem is that this tipping point may be tomorrow or a thousand years from now. It is virtually impossible to tell with any kind of certainty.
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest: The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
    Alexander Pope

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bollinger For This Post:

Cidersomerset (20th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Something that ties in for me is the information, Ion has been telling us from non=physical via James Martinez radio show, this is a paste from a post i put up in july..

Re: A Different take on Reincarnation........

Thanks Jacqui D .....Apparently eons ago as there is no time , some of us, as not all 'gods' descended, decided to experiance contrast and split physical from non-physical.The goal being to experiance mortality then 're-assend'. We left ourselves clues in the bible and many other places on how to do this.....The 'Guf' was created by us to store our non-physical while we were down here and other worlds trying to find the 'meaning of life' and experiance mortality so to speak....The time is near for this to happen as the 'Guf' is emptying , and we will re-unite with our eternal selves...
    Physical= imortal....Non=physical = eternal. Thus when we have accended we will be back in our 'godship' as physical all powerfull Human creator living in 'bliss' .
    Something is going to happen very soon involving the DNA being able to be perfectley replicate itselfe thru our RNA so the 'meatsack body,, can permantley 'Zerox copy' every cell in our body thus effectively making us immortal.....This also has something to do with Cromosome14, the only chromozne with hooks that can activate the 144 double helix's needed.The atmosphere is also going to change with higher radiation levels H197....
    Also when we 'accend' the 'Guf' will close as no one will die and the 'womb' will close as there
    will be no rebirths, and that is to do with why there is so many people on the planet today because as we pass to the 'Guf ' we the 'gods' are coming straight back to physical....

Ion recently on the Eben Ray 30/6/2011 show explaining H197 radiation...

Also a RT report on the Cahoun power plant..

http://informationfarm.blogspot.com/...radiation.html

Hi all a couple of notes from the below show....The Book of Revelations is the first book of the Bible not the last......Bobs Revelation series is about perfecting your perfect cell. The perfect cell already exists , its just trying to tune it into your body . The first way we do this is to access the cell with 144,000 strands or double helix's . (Apparently now we have only one strand ), but we are moving towards having 144,000 strands in your basic cell. This will be activated by chromosome 14, it is the only chromosome that has the rings & arms to allow the replication ,of the RNA in the cell, to produce a perfect copy..This will enable perpetule perfect cell replacement of our physical bodies effectively immortality ..Chromosome 14 is the only one to have rings and arms to allow this replication to take place ...
    http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/a...N_-_Hour_1.mp3

http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/a...N_-_Hour_2.mp3

Now all this sounds great but whether its true or just BS I don't know....Its just another piece of the puzzle, that somehow fits in with a lot of other weird and wonderfull events going on
    at this wondrous time ......Steve
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th November 2011 at 23:41.

30. Link to Post #16
    Ilie Pandia

Here is a wild theory: everything is a fractal. (The same fractal). Objects appear different because we are looking at different parts of the same fractal, at different zoom levels, with different color cycles.

But if we zoom out enough, or go deep enough, we will find the entire Universe in a drop of water. And you can do this zooming in or out ad infinitium. You will not find a limit.

The end

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Caren (26th November 2011), Cidersomerset (20th November 2011), gaiagirl (24th November 2011), KosmicKat (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), panopticon (21st November 2011)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

More appropriate music...

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 21st November 2011 at 23:25.

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Thanks Ile I will go to bed now with that thought to ponder !! I'll probably dream about of a teaspoon full of fractals...LOL..Cheers Steve.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Thanks nomadguy loads of info cheers I like the simple explanation by Arthur Young of a possible explanation of the universe who knows?

The Graeme Hancock one I can't find , i love watching his presentations, another Somerset resident...

is this it...

So Steve we now have Arthur C Clark, Graeme Hancock. you and who else?

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

is this it...

Yep thats the one!
    Why not now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast