+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 3 10 LastLast

Thread: Cheating

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Cheating

Cheating is lying. Lying is unacceptable and the truth comes out eventually.
    Jealousy is a waste of time and energy. It is a lack of self-confidence and trust.
    If you have to cheat or be jealous, something is not right in the relationship.
    Whatever choices are made in a relationship, as long as everyone agrees and no one gets physically or emotionally hurt, it's all good.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Laurel For This Post:

Inaiá (28th May 2018), ktlight (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (27th November 2011), Star1111 (25th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011), Tarka the Duck (27th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

None of these comments are directed at anyone specific.

I do not condone infidelity. I do not condemn it either. Infidelity and all of the crazy mixed emotions that surround it are part of being human. They always have and always will occur. It is not necessarily bad. It just is. Why can some people accept it with a shrug while it makes others want to kill the third person, their partner, their kids and themselves? Woah!

I have often heard it said: "It is not what happens but how you react to what happens that is most important."

Why is someone bad if they do not conform with society's or religion's or another individual's concept of being good or loyal? Look at all the negative words and phrases that come up in the context of infidelity. Cheating, sneaky, bad, evil, hurtful, dishonest, dishonorable, disloyal, jealousy, guilt, shame, betrayal, broken trust, broken heart, poor me, etc... and these: "how could (s)he did this to me?" or "it happened to me", sob, grumble, complain. NO, it did not happen TO YOU. (S)he shared something with someone else, not you. You are not a victim. Your ego is bruised.

If your partner shared a meal with another but not you, is that bad? No! Although, I know some intensely jealous people who go into a rage over such trivial things. Time to grow up, me thinks. Is not jealousy a manifestation of envy or insecurity? The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. Get a grip!

A kindly psychologist, in helping me get over a serious depression triggered, in part, by my partner's infidelity, explained there are at least thirteen different types of love. For example, I love your new hair do; I love that song; I love that food; I love that car; I love my spouse; I love my children; I love my job; I love animals; I love life. What is love really? It is all of those things and more. Just because someone you love shares sexual intimacy with another does not mean they don't love you. The universe does not revolve around your precious fragile ego.

The problem really lies in our social programming, the language we use, the way we interpret that language and our expectations, which comes back to ego. Oh poor me.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Ineffable Hitchhiker (25th November 2011), Kristo (25th November 2011), ktlight (25th November 2011), lisa (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), Margi (25th November 2011), NancyV (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Second Son (25th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

I would like to take this discussion down the rabbit hole a bit. How you experience sex depends a lot on how aware you are and at what depth.

When people have sex, they mingle their energies. If orgasm happens during sex, this can be even more so. After a sexual relationship there are nearly always energetic ties that remain between the couple. Any seer or psychic worth their salt can see these attachments, sometimes 20 or 30 years later. They can be removed with focus and intention, however if you are in an ongoing relationship, you will not be able to remove them for more than a short while. Once these energetic ties are formed, there is a sharing of patterns and emotions. That means that if your sexual partner is depressed, you will feel dragged down emotionally, even if you aren't seeing them. So, if you decide to have sex with someone else while you are in a relationship, you are essentially inviting the 3rd person into the relationship.

Even for people who are only aware of the animal lust part of sexuality, an energy bond is still formed. The unaware person is still affected by this bond... whether they know it or not. I was a professional psychic and healer for more than 20 years. During that time I helped many people disconnect energy chords to their old lovers... all of them felt immediate relief and a lightness of spirit. Be aware what you are doing when you choose to have a sacred energetic exchange with another.

In my long life I have realized that much of the time, when there is sexual attraction, there are some kind of non-organic life forms egging it on. These plan to feed on the potential sexual energy that is generated during union. I have had the interesting experience of being in a class with 200 other adults who remained in sacred space while exploring the subject of human sexual energy. The result of these classes was that I saw, and eliminated, my relationship with one or more of these entities. I had been infected by the man who molested me as a child. Any time you choose to have sex with someone you exchange a lot more than bodily fluids... It is important to be aware of the spiritual clarity of your partner.

I am not judging any of the posts here, however I would like to dangle a carrot for some of you. Are you aware that true sexual union can be sacred beyond your wildest expectations? It is completely possible (I have had personal experience) to have an orgasm which lasts many many hours without stopping. In this type of sex, life force energy can be used to rejuvenate the bodies of the lovers, and to achieve high spiritual states.

This type of sacred sexual union is not really possible without deep trust, and that takes time to build up in a relationship. If you desire more than one partner, it is important that you do nothing to break this trust. That is difficult considering that most people are unaware of their deep unconscious conditioning until it is challenged. This means that your partner may think it is OK for you to have intimate energy exchange with another, until you do and they find themselves deeply wounded.

If your sexual relationship has gone gray, perhaps you are not stepping up to the next level of spirituality and awareness which allows you to move into a new frequency. PS: I suggest any of Mantak Chia's books.
    Last edited by Dawn; 25th November 2011 at 07:01.

6. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

annieVee (25th November 2011), Carolin (25th November 2011), DNA (25th November 2011), eaglespirit (25th November 2011), Ernie Nemeth (28th November 2011), Inaiá (28th May 2018), Ineffable Hitchhiker (25th November 2011), Kristo (25th November 2011), Limor Wolf (25th November 2011), lisa (28th November 2011), Lisab (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), mab777 (25th November 2011), Margi (25th November 2011), meeradas (25th November 2011), minkton (21st December 2011), motherlove (26th November 2011), nearing (28th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), PixieDust (25th November 2011), Ria (25th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011), TelosianEmbrace (25th November 2011), toothpick (29th November 2011), Unified Serenity (25th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Thankyou Dawn I will check that author out definately. Id rather be on my own (as I am) than without true union.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Dawn (26th November 2011), Inaiá (28th May 2018), Kristo (25th November 2011), Limor Wolf (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), Miller (25th November 2011), minkton (21st December 2011), motherlove (26th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Quote Posted by PixieDust (here)
    Quote Posted by Star1111 (here)
    Phaorah 1

My God............ this is what I have been saying all my life.
    However, the title of your thread is cheating.

IMO cheating is nasty, dishonorouble, sly, selfish and deceitful to the other person (and not good for the indiviudal doing it either)

So why not try it this way...............Be honorouble and tell the person that you are with that 1) you don't want to be with them anymore becuase the feeling has gone 2) because you want to be with someone else or 3) ask them if its o.k with them if you can 'be' with other people or 4) whatever the reason is ............ but tell them, don't cheat on them.

Be honest. So much better IMO.

I like your honesty and believe in a lot of what you have said.
    x
    i agree with you star 100%. Cheating, as in going behind their back, lying and ommissions, is hurtful behavior. In my opinion the sexual act of cheating isnt what would hurt me but the betrayal and lies.

i dont see a problem in having a relationship where outside partners are aloud as long as both parties agree on guidlines and everything. If one is uncomfortable then leave them or come up with another solution. but as star said, be honorable.

in my personal life i am committed and loyal 100%. thats just who i am and i expect my partner to be the same and he knows it and how important it is to me.
    Thank you PixieDust

Its just something that I have felt all my life. Integrity, honesty and loyalty are very important values to me.
    For me, I couldn't be with someone who was dishonorouble.

I agree with what you said completely "the sexual act of cheating isnt what would hurt me but the betrayal and lies". Absolutely spot on.

I have a 'situation' at the moment (so this thread is timely, and perhaps a sign) . There's a guy at work, good looking, funny, seems very nice................. and if he werent MARRIED I would possibily be interested.

He is clearly very attracted to me,(and that's not me being vain) I see this and I do NOT encourage it. However, I'm just waiting for him to say something that is without doubt 'an intention to "take things further" and my answer will be ..................

WHAT WOULD YOUR WIFE THINK ABOUT THAT !!

If he is doing it to her now and I was the type of person who did recipricate his attention then eventually he would do it to me.............. leopards,spots and all that.

I dont know, or care whether he is having marriage problems or "his wife doesn't understand him". If he wants OUT to pursue me or someone else then TELL HER that!!

Oh dear, the complexities of life
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Inaiá (28th May 2018), Kristo (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), nearing (28th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Tarka the Duck (27th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by Samsara (here)
    Fiou...

I can't promise it won't happen again though. I have language issues...
    Me f**kin too.
    But I usually don't give a s**t and just say what the f**k I like.
    Oh, wait, you did mean that sort of language, didn't you?
    Everyone in the office is looking at me now as I have just burst out laughing at your post Lord Sid.
    I have tears now - thank you so much, that was a great laugh!!
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,737 times in 4,314 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    I would like to take this discussion down the rabbit hole a bit. How you experience sex depends a lot on how aware you are and at what depth.

When people have sex, they mingle their energies. If orgasm happens during sex, this can be even more so. After a sexual relationship there are nearly always energetic ties that remain between the couple. Any seer or psychic worth their salt can see these attachments, sometimes 20 or 30 years later. .
    I hear you in terms of sex creating spider webs of energy that keep us connected to folks regardless of what happens afterwards. Those spider webs can be individual strands, or finely woven latices, depending on the frequency, intensity and emotional connectedness the participants granted one another.
    I have heard such bonds ussually last seven years from the last time such a union was joined.
    Thus the old wives tale of "the seven year itch".

Apparently, something causes an "itch" in terms of the connection healing and or atrophying, and for some reason, the "itch" is signifying a bodily craving for this connection to be replaced.
    Very wierd huh?

In my long life I have realized that much of the time, when there is sexual attraction, there are some kind of non-organic life forms egging it on. These plan to feed on the potential sexual energy that is generated during union.
    We have discussed this before, you know I agree here 100%. Sex is possibly the most powerfull expulsion of energy in all of human kind, and it does seem like there are forces warming their hands in front of the fire.

If your sexual relationship has gone gray, perhaps you are not stepping up to the next level of spirituality and awareness which allows you to move into a new frequency. PS: I suggest any of Mantak Chia's books.
    You know I've comented before, that some of your vocabulary was telling in that I'd thought you had read the Mantak Chia books, but you never gave me the gratification of agreeing to this.
    Sorry to make a note of it, but it's always nice getting confirmation.

You know, confirmation is really what a relationship is all about.
    A relationship is living your life with some one. Having a person who can validate your existance. Some one who can say, "yea, I was there, I remember that".
    Someone who validates you, and who is loyal to you.
    If you are lucky enough to get that, I would not suggest looking else where.
    Last edited by DNA; 25th November 2011 at 11:09.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Dawn (26th November 2011), Ernie Nemeth (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), minkton (21st December 2011), nearing (28th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Star1111 (25th November 2011), Unified Serenity (25th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #48
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Dawn, I hope more people take note of what you have said I completely concur with your findings.
    the implications go deep and so little is understood.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Dawn (26th November 2011), Inaiá (28th May 2018), Limor Wolf (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Star1111 (25th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by Cjay (here)
    Why is someone bad if they do not conform with society's or religion's or another individual's concept of being good or loyal? Look at all the negative words and phrases that come up in the context of infidelity. Cheating, sneaky, bad, evil, hurtful, dishonest, dishonorable, disloyal, jealousy, guilt, shame, betrayal, broken trust, broken heart, poor me, etc... and these: "how could (s)he did this to me?" or "it happened to me", sob, grumble, complain. NO, it did not happen TO YOU. (S)he shared something with someone else, not you. You are not a victim. Your ego is bruised.
    Relationships are based on agreement. Two people agree to treat each other with respect and consideration. Cheating by definition ruins that consideration. To say "Oh, stop getting on at me for cheating, it's just your ego that's bruised" is a cynical and utterly selfish abdication of responsibility.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

annieVee (25th November 2011), Cjay (29th November 2011), Laurel (25th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), minkton (21st December 2011), nearing (28th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The term "polyamourism" is big news nowadays... at least in left-leaning, counter-cultured, southern Vermont. I am a pretty logical minded guy, and the hard numbers speak for themselves. I believe the divorce rate is extremely high, with half of all nuptuals ending in divorce. I cannot think of a couple I associate with who are happily married and on their FIRST marriage. Most couple who fall in love and live together in commited realationship, without benefit of church or vows, seem to suffer the same fate.

I am newly single, and will be doing some very indepth research into this phenomenon of polyamourism. As has been stated in this thread many times, with complete honesty and openness, the term "cheating" no longer applies. I believe that it is religion, and its subliminal messages which permeate even the most secular of societies, which are responsible for the high divorce rate. We are told we dare not have multiple partners, sex out of wedlock, etc. The result? Marriages which happen all too fast, before the couple really has established compatibility. I need to state here that I believe that even in committed, live-in relationships which circumvent church, the churches' message still has an adverse effect, because:

We are encouraged to commit early, bcause to just "experiment" without dedicating all of your being to this new relashionship is a sin.

We are told by the church that adultery is a cardinal sin, andit is given such weight, that people who might otherwise forgive and forget are told that due to the severity of the transgression, perhaps splitting up would be a better choice.

I am quite sure there will be much disagreement, but this is what I have found, and unlike some, I will actually change my walk accordingly. I'm not sure exactly how this multiple partner lifestlye will work out, but it can't possibly be any worse than the currently accepted model, with its 50% fail rate. I think it is very telling, that in a society which would change anything else which displayed such a poor track record, the sactity of marriage is still held up as something we should all asprire to. If there was a 50% graduation rate for highschool, WE WOULD MAKE SOME PROFOUND CHANGES, ASAP, but then, education is regarded as a purely secular engagemnet, and committed relationship has been co-opted by the very same church which has given us the ostensibly celibate priest who seems to be just as sexually dysfuctional as the paradigm he sanctions with his words: "I now pronounce you man and wife".

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (28th November 2011), NancyV (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Cheating...Deception

Young or Old Soul, no matter...Face the Mirror and Feel the Energy Created!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (26th November 2011), sygh (29th November 2011), Tarka the Duck (27th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by Second Son (here)
    The term "polyamourism" is big news nowadays... at least in left-leaning, counter-cultured, southern Vermont. I am a pretty logical minded guy, and the hard numbers speak for themselves. I believe the divorce rate is extremely high, with half of all nuptuals ending in divorce. I cannot think of a couple I associate with who are happily married and on their FIRST marriage. Most couple who fall in love and live together in commited realationship, without benefit of church or vows, seem to suffer the same fate.

I am newly single, and will be doing some very indepth research into this phenomenon of polyamourism. As has been stated in this thread many times, with complete honesty and openness, the term "cheating" no longer applies. I believe that it is religion, and its subliminal messages which permeate even the most secular of societies, which are responsible for the high divorce rate. We are told we dare not have multiple partners, sex out of wedlock, etc. The result? Marriages which happen all too fast, before the couple really has established compatibility. I need to state here that I believe that even in committed, live-in relationships which circumvent church, the churches' message still has an adverse effect, because:

We are encouraged to commit early, bcause to just "experiment" without dedicating all of your being to this new relashionship is a sin.

We are told by the church that adultery is a cardinal sin, andit is given such weight, that people who might otherwise forgive and forget are told that due to the severity of the transgression, perhaps splitting up would be a better choice.

I am quite sure there will be much disagreement, but this is what I have found, and unlike some, I will actually change my walk accordingly. I'm not sure exactly how this multiple partner lifestlye will work out, but it can't possibly be any worse than the currently accepted model, with its 50% fail rate. I think it is very telling, that in a society which would change anything else which displayed such a poor track record, the sactity of marriage is still held up as something we should all asprire to. If there was a 50% graduation rate for highschool, WE WOULD MAKE SOME PROFOUND CHANGES, ASAP, but then, education is regarded as a purely secular engagemnet, and committed relationship has been co-opted by the very same church which has given us the ostensibly celibate priest who seems to be just as sexually dysfuctional as the paradigm he sanctions with his words: "I now pronounce you man and wife".

You raise some interesting points about religion being part of the problem and of course it may be. I think another part of the problem is we are told from an early age that ethics / morals are situational. We are told sex is good and just enjoy yourself. There is no sense of being responsible or making oneself ready for sex. Children are bombarded with sexual programming and subliminal messages along with the rest of the population. What is it about sex that feeds the agenda of the elites? I've come across something recently that really blows the lid right off of the whole religion thing and basically says it is by our sexual coupling that we feed the lower gods / fallen angels. That we were not given permission by the creator to procreate, but the Anunaki stepped in and changed our DNA. There is a whole thread on this and you can go there to study it if you want to.

Here is my point. Most marriages are destroyed because the people marry when they are not ready. They make knee jerk decisions outside of community and family and just get married. They are not ready financially to marry nor emotionally. Most marriages end because of financial difficulty and also incompatibility for the short term ones. Most longer term marriages end over financial issues or STS situations. There was a time that a man could not marry until he had a home of his own. He had a means to take care of his family and this gave security to him and the bride for the safety of herself and her children.

We are no longer respecters of our parents. So what if mom and dad don't like our choice. We leap, swim, play and then throw away. The aftermath is not healthy spiritually and the children pay the highest price. The fruit of this behavior is evident all around us. The rate of divorce is commensurate with the lascivious lifestyle preached. Look at those lifestyles like the Amish and more "old fashioned" communities and you do not see this problem. Sex is no the be all and end all and the young are taught self control and sound morals to build a happy life. They tend to marry wisely and stay together.
    Last edited by Unified Serenity; 25th November 2011 at 16:51.

24. Link to Post #53
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Can you tell me the number one cause of divorce in the western world?
    Nothing to do with churches or lack of, either.

25. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I think the two main causes of arguments between spouses are financial difficulties, and sexual incompatibility. I would wager, that it is also for these two reasons most marriages fail.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The fact is, that the number one leading cause of divorce in the world is... Marriage!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

Dawn (26th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

I think the two main causes of arguments between spouses are financial difficulties, and sexual incompatibility. I would wager, that it is also for these two reasons most marriages fail.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The fact is, that the number one leading cause of divorce in the world is... Marriage!
    Not being able to pay the bills, especially the mortgage, so you were close.
    Even if you are a nugget.

28. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The real issue, to me, is not marriage, and its inherent shortcomings, it is the undisputable fact that its very proponents are those who are either: 1) sworn to a life of celibacy, and hence have no place to sanction or condone the institution of marriage. 2) Sexual deviates who routinely molest nuns, altar boys, and members of the congregation while claiming a life both pure and chaste.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

NancyV (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

The real issue, to me, is not marriage, and its inherent shortcomings, it is the undisputable fact that its very proponents are those who are either: 1) sworn to a life of celibacy, and hence have no place to sanction or condone the institution of marriage. 2) Sexual deviates who routinely molest nuns, altar boys, and members of the congregation while claiming a life both pure and chaste.
    And what reason do you think the church promotes it?

31. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

This is quite an interesting thread. IMO I believe cheating is no no. It is disrespectful. To yourself and to your partner. You made a commitment. Honour that. A lot of problems are usually lack of communication. The magic died out or just grew apart. It happens. Relationships are about 100% of giving it your all. Besides that, I believe your partner should be your best friend and your lover. Don't people realize that if you want the marriage to work you have to work at it too? Don't get married for the wrong reasons.... get married for the right reasons. Stop being selfish and thinking of yourself. Start giving.... but to your partner Besides there are too many sexual diseases out there!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

annieVee (26th November 2011), Lord Sidious (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011), Tarka the Duck (27th November 2011)

33. Link to Post #59
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

My (Simple) Philosophy on 'Cheating'...

If you don't like being 'Cheated On' - 'Don't Cheat'..!

If you've had enough of the relationship - Then 'Get Out Of It'..!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 25th November 2011 at 22:04.

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

sex and love are two seperate things...... sexual need can be primal/animalistic and can convey no emotion, however its climax can produce feelings that can be confused with love. is it cheating to fulfil a basic need. i love my partner dearly and if i needed to get sexual lust satisfied elsewhere i know this would not be an issue, as my love lies with my partner. i find that as a result i do not look elsewhere........
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Setras For This Post:

NancyV (25th November 2011), pharoah21 (30th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 3 10 LastLast