Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 8 18 26 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual encounters of all kind - war for souls

1. Link to Post #141
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: Spiritual encounters of all kind - war for souls

I am with RedeZra this time.

Truth and love are attributes of god. As well as evil and lies.

Einstein said that
    Quote there is only one absolute truth, which is there in no absolute truth.
    Personally I believe that there is single absolute truth, that there is a single creator/conscious/god/cosmos/nature/force that includes us and we include it.

The rest is philosophical/religious interpretations.
    If you look at galactic events are they bad or evil. Then what about biological event is glass of water, are they good or evil.
    Hope you get the point.

When one broaden its perspective there is more room to compassion and forgiveness, which in turn generate love.
    But first thing is the intention. All start with intention, every bit of creation. As in the Jewish bible all started with god's word.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

2. Link to Post #142
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    Truth and love are attributes of god. As well as evil and lies.

ahem evil and lies are not attributes of God but mistakes of nonexistent minds

believing this diversity which the Infinite consciousness conjures up as a pastime

while concealing Itself in an apparent play of hide and seek

---

so Great is God
    Last edited by RedeZra; 11th July 2010 at 09:27.

3. Link to Post #143
    Thanks

hehehe.......you guys crack me up!

Love is a cosmic force
    NEVER MIND HIS SILENCE~REMEMBER HE IS LISTENING

4. Link to Post #144
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

The emotion felt when Love circulates between two is not Love. It is what Love causes. Love is much more than emotion. It is like a game, the game creates joy, but the game is not joy...

Namaste, Steven

5. Link to Post #145
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

There is a difference between talking about and being it.
    Ultimate Love, God has no attributes. It does not need a recipient. It just is.
    A beautiful sunset can inspire the poet uplift many, it does not mean to.
    One can write a phd about the flavour of an orange but if you havent tasted one its meaningless.
    Even the wisest of my disciples can enter heaven by faith alone.
    We are just having fun passing time on this thread.
    Love is inherent within each of us, another may be the catalyst but when it rises up within us, we know it is special, we know what it is, then we make the very human mistake of thinking the other is responsible for the feeling and if they go we have lost love, so then the other becomes an attachment. Been there done it.
    So all Love is God. That love that arises in us is God. It really has no cause no agenda till mind looks for a reason for it being there. Thats when the trouble begins.
    Compassion is a high expression of love as it looks for no return, bur even then the human mind/ego will swell up with, dident I do good. no it just happened as a pure act of love.
    People risk their lives very often spontaneously, if they thought about themselves they would not take the risk. Trained life savers, like firemen, are brave they do it consciously the are aware of the risk, they take a risk that they have accessed. They overcome fear to do it.
    The act of compassion by love is not aware of self--it is a self less act, fear and love do not co exist.
    Hope this helps the discussion.
    Great thread thanks Beren and all other contributors.
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 11th July 2010 at 11:43.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Woke up with this verse in mind, and no I'm not religious...
    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

7. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Quote Posted by Steven (here)
    The emotion felt when Love circulates between two is not Love. It is what Love causes. Love is much more than emotion. It is like a game, the game creates joy, but the game is not joy...

Namaste, Steven

It`s kinda funny :-) , we are of God but yet we do not fully comprehend what and whom is our Father. But we take it little by little.
    Right now I feel pity for all those souls that chose darkness as their state of being. They simply chose jail cell...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    Woke up with this verse in mind, and no I'm not religious...
    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Dan , you inspired me to paste here whole chapter since it`s just beautiful :-)

1 Corinthians 13
    Love
    1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    Love, love - and see what happens

8. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Hmmm -it`s funny but now I realized one more detail here; the night I started this thread I was not thinking high and wide about what to write ... it just came to me... Now I see that even the name spiritual encounters makes you think different now. Evil spirits wish you that you never raise your head and ask -why-? They want you down in the sand without questions- a slave. On the other hand good spirits of our Father wishes our well being and wishes us to grow in love ,truth,wisdom and all virtues of Creator.

Give or take we all have spiritual encounters realize it or not. Since we can not avoid them ,since in essence we are of spirit , use this encounters for good.
    There are languages to learn which are not of physical form, let us learn the ways of Father. Cast down ways of brothers that chose darkness.

9. Link to Post #149
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Let me try defining love with words.
    Talk about mission impossible It's like trying to count infinity. You may have more success pushing water up a hill with a garden rake!

I agree with much that you have said in your post, but there are some subtle differences that might be worth talking about.

1. Love is an emotion.
    Disagree, however they are associated. See (2)

2. Love is a drive to be united with the love subject. Enjoyment with the presence or closeness of the subject.
    Agree, love is a force. (inspiration note: emotion => love in motion ). The law of attraction (like attracts/resonates with like) also is recognised in this.

3. The subject of love can be: animate being, substance, spirit being, condition.
    I am not so sure love has a subject. The way I see it, love permeates the manifest universe = hence the Divine in all things (which one strives to see!)

4. Love differ from affection, with the drive for unification.
    Agree

I agree that love is the power of creation. I would add that any strong emotion has the creative power.
    I may agree with this but in a different way. Manifestation requires the intent of a creator being. Strong emotion can be associated with an intent - sometimes by accident, which can cause problems!

It is also studied that most powerful (and opposing) emotions are love and fear.
    We utilize the fear emotion to contract and solidify polarized/dualistic creation.
    We don't utilize fear - TPTB do. Fear should be removed from your conciousness as soon as you become aware of it.

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 12th July 2010 at 04:14.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

10. Link to Post #150
    Thanks

Let me try defining love with words.
    1. Love is an emotion.
    "Love is misunderstood to be an emotion; actually, it is a state of awareness, a way of being in the world, a way of seeing oneself and others." (David R. Hawkins)
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. Link to Post #151
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard
    Ultimate Love, God has no attributes. It does not need a recipient. It just is.
    surly God is something - besides you already identify Him with Love - so that is something see hehe

me I will not confine God and tell Him what He is and is not - but I do it all the time too lol
    Last edited by RedeZra; 12th July 2010 at 05:42.

12. Link to Post #152
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    surly God is something - besides you already identify Him with Love - so that is something see hehe

me I will not confine God and tell Him what He is and is not - but I do it all the time too lol
    Simple truth is we dont know when we are in the non enlightened state, we are ignorant of the magnificence and majesty of God.
    The enlightened ones know.
    So agree we cant put God in our personal box That which God is, is beyond human definition.

Chris

13. Link to Post #153
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Simple truth is we dont know when we are in the non enlightened state, we are ignorant of the magnificence and majesty of God.
    that is a truth honest heart

14. Link to Post #154
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Love..

A four letter word

A trigger, sending waves flowing through you.

Love..

An intent, a cause for reaction

A motivator that drives desires and passions in Human beings.

Love..

A state of being, energizing our souls

A being, searching the cosmos for home.

Love,

You, me, us, them

Here, Now, forever

Home...

love,
    celine

15. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

may be so
    C

16. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

Why some spirits chose to hate? Is it so hard to express love towards your brother?

17. Link to Post #157
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my life partner.
    Thanks

I have been reading what some have said regarding a very strong feeling of something big is about to happen, but being unable to articulate just what that something might be. I would like to share a possible related experience that way very profound for me. Most of my life I have practiced meditation, but with working full time raising kids and a very busy life, often made it difficult to find the time to meditate on a daily basis. I have now been retired for over two years. My kids are grown up and living on their own. I have been able to give more time to my spiritual developement, and meditation figures very much in my life as a daily routine. Recently I have noticed a MAJOR change in the energy around me everywhere. This was one of those WOW moments. I could pinpoint the exact time and date that this happened, the energy field was very strong and came with a clear message which I heard loud and clear inside me. NOW IS THE TIME FOR DOING. There was a clear sense that everything that I had been doing from the time I was a child was preparing me for something that is imminent, that the time for learning and preparation is over, it is now time to take action. What confuses me about this is what action is required! I dont have a clue, although my instincts tell me to be patient and wait. I do not know if this makes any sense to anyone else, or if any of you have had a similar experience. I am still waiting patiently as to where to go from here.

18. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Why some spirits chose to hate? Is it so hard to express love towards your brother?
    Without the opposite of Love which is hate a product of Fear, we wouldn't know (understand) the extent of Love.
    That's why we're here to experience and learn all this to grow, and evolve spiritually. ~ Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. Link to Post #159
    Language
    English
    Thanks

May be slightly off topic but its helpful
    chris

Desiderata
    Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

--- Max Ehrmann, 1927

20. Link to Post #160
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lightseeker (here)
    I have been reading what some have said regarding a very strong feeling of something big is about to happen, but being unable to articulate just what that something might be. I would like to share a possible related experience that way very profound for me. Most of my life I have practiced meditation, but with working full time raising kids and a very busy life, often made it difficult to find the time to meditate on a daily basis. I have now been retired for over two years. My kids are grown up and living on their own. I have been able to give more time to my spiritual developement, and meditation figures very much in my life as a daily routine. Recently I have noticed a MAJOR change in the energy around me everywhere. This was one of those WOW moments. I could pinpoint the exact time and date that this happened, the energy field was very strong and came with a clear message which I heard loud and clear inside me. NOW IS THE TIME FOR DOING. There was a clear sense that everything that I had been doing from the time I was a child was preparing me for something that is imminent, that the time for learning and preparation is over, it is now time to take action. What confuses me about this is what action is required! I dont have a clue, although my instincts tell me to be patient and wait. I do not know if this makes any sense to anyone else, or if any of you have had a similar experience. I am still waiting patiently as to where to go from here.
    Lovely post lightseeker! Welcome.

I envy the time you have and wish it for myself.

Just keep meditating!

Love,

Kriya
    NEVER MIND HIS SILENCE~REMEMBER HE IS LISTENING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 8 18 26 LastLast