+ Reply to Thread
Page 1513 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 513 1013 1413 1463 1503 1513 1523 1563 1613 1820 LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,260 of 36385

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #30241
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Amir Siraj | What Is Planet Nine?

Published 2nd October 2020

The mystery of planet nine deepens as a new theory from Amir Siraj and Avi Loeb of Harvard attempts to explain what exactly might be hiding in the oort cloud. A primordial black hole? Or. The suns lost twin? Was the Sun a binary twin and is that twin our planet nine?

The Case for an Early Solar Binary Companion
    https://arxiv.org/pdf/2007.10339.pdf

Amir Siraj website and twitter:
    https://scholar.harvard.edu/siraj
    @TheAmirSiraj

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th October 2020), Harmony (9th October 2020), william r sanford72 (4th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #30242
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Maggie Lieu

Can Planets Exist In Binary, Triple Or Even Bigger Star Systems?

Published 4th October 2020

This week Dr Lieu talks about mult-star systems and their environments for life.

Extra reading:
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.08693

Related musical interlude:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th October 2020 at 10:11.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th October 2020), Harmony (9th October 2020), william r sanford72 (8th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #30243
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th October 2020 at 13:11.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th October 2020), Harmony (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (8th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #30244
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Solar Storm Forecast | A Bright Region Leaves & Solar Storm Wanes With A Mini-Storm Kiss

Published 6th October 2020

This week we are settling down from an extended period of solar storming, but not before we get one last little kiss from our Sun. After reaching G2 storm levels last week from some fast solar wind, we have been slowly quieting down, but then over this past day, a mini-solar storm has hit from a stealthy storm launch. Since Earth's magnetic shield has been so rattled recently, this mini-storm has bumped us back up to active conditions. So this means we could get more sporadic aurora over the next day or so, especially at high latitudes. On top of that, this mini-storm may cause additional issues for satellite operators in GEO as the high energy fluxes with build up again in the wake of this mini-storm. Radio operators and GPS users will appreciate the ending of the recent storming, but with bright region 2773 rotating to the Sun's farside, this means solar flux is returning to the low 70s, bringing with it poor radio propagation on Earth's dayside. Sadly, these conditions will likely last for another week or more, as we do not yet see any bright regions on the Sun's farside that will rotate into view over this next week. However, GPS users will appreciate the low flux as it means GPS reception will improve even at low latitudes. Learn the details of the recent solar storming, catch up on aurora photos over this past week, and see what else our Sun has in store!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (11th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #30245
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

Could Exotic Life Exist Inside a Star? This Paper Suggests So

Published 6th October 2020

In this video Anton will talk about an idea of exotic life surviving and thriving inside stars

Dragon's Egg book

&

SETI Just Searched 10 Million Stars For Alien Civilizations...Found Nothing

Published 7th October 2020

In this video Anton will talk about new updates on the search for the existence of Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life nearby and 10 000 000 stars that were investigated.

Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.03267.pdf

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th October 2020 at 10:29.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (8th October 2020)

11. Link to Post #30246
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Timothy Brigham PhD | UFO Encounters Direct Impact On Human Consciousness

Streamed & Published 7th September 2020

Guest Timothy Brigham discusses topics such as: What can Psychology, particularly Jungian Psychology, tell us about the meaning of the UFO experience? He further talks about examining the psychic dynamics involved in the experience of high strangeness, and discusses how an investigation of the social and psychological context of the witness can illuminate the meaning behind UFO encounters.

BIO: Timothy Brigham obtained his Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Georgia and is a former professor of psychology. He is a contributing member of the Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies (SCU) and has presented to the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE). He served as contributing editor to ‘Saucer News,’ Earth’s longest-running ufo publication! Timothy grew up in Gulf Breeze, FL during a major wave of UFO sightings, which began his lifelong interest in the phenomenon. He now works as an educator in the biomedical industry.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (11th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #30247
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Spaced Out Radio

Malcolm Robinson | UFOs In The UK

Broadcast 5th & Published 6th October 2020

One of the most incredible close encounter cases ever to have occurred in Scotland occurred on November 9th, 1979 when forestry worker Robert (Bob) Taylor encountered a hovering dome shaped object above a clearing in Dechmont Woods near Livingston, Central Scotland. He was then 'attacked' by two spherical objects with spikes that rushed out from beneath this object and pulled him towards the larger object. This case stands head and shoulders above any other Scottish UFO case and has the prestigious hallmark of being the only case officially investigated by the police and forensic science laboratories in Great Britain. UFO researcher Malcolm Robinson was one of the investigators on this astonishing case and in this blockbusting book he provides all the facts and figures. The Dechmont Woods Incident stands the test of time as being one of the biggest UFO cases in the annals of British UFOlogy.

Starts at 8:10

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (8th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #30248
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO Research Queensland

Robert Fleischer | UFOs: The Situation In Germany

Published 2nd October 2020

UFOs don't exist in Germany - officially, at least. While the German government denies any interest in flying saucers, its military seriously claims that they never had anything unusual on their radar screens which they could not eventually identify. Thus, you hardly ever hear anything from Germany about UFOs. The German journalist and researcher Robert Fleischer is trying to change that. For more than 13 years, he has been working to find out what the German government really knows about UFOs, digging into government archives and asking questions to politicians and the military. In his presentation, he discusses what the German Bundestag knows about Flying Saucers, how the German intelligence agency BND investigated UFO reports during the Cold War, what politicians say about the subject and how it all relates to the situation in Germany after World War II.

About Robert Fleischer: Robert is a TV journalist, presenter and filmmaker. He has worked for a number of German public broadcast TV networks and writes articles for magazines in Germany and abroad. In 2007, he founded Exopolitics Germany (www.exopolitik.org) and in 2013, he launched ExoMagazin.tv, a subscription-based online TV magazine for open-minded people.
    He not only reports on UFOs and the paranormal but also on a wide array of subjects, including politics, future sciences and consciousness research. His work has been featured in major TV and radio shows as well as newspaper articles. He holds a university degree in conference interpreting for French and Spanish and has given talks in many European countries, including
    Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, the Czech Republic and the UK.

*Information and opinions presented at these meetings do not necessarily reflect the views of UFO Research Queensland Inc and are presented by speakers for research purposes only.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th October 2020), william r sanford72 (12th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #30249
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Rogue Planet TV

James Fox & His New UFO Film

Published 7th October 2020

Filmmaker James Fox hangs out with Maureen Elsberry and Jason McClellan to discuss his new UFO documentary, "The Phenomenon."

All the places the film is available are listed at https://thephenomenonfilm.com/

18. Link to Post #30250
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Speaking of Mr Fox...

The Richard Dolan Show

James Fox | An Important New UFO Documentary

Streamed & Published 8th October 2020

After much anticipation, filmmaker James Fox's latest documentary, The Phenomenon, was released on October 6, 2020. This film has a great deal of new video that even experienced students of the UFO subject have not seen. Without a doubt this will widely be recognized as one of the best UFO documentaries to appear in some time. James meets with Richard Dolan for a live video interview to discuss what makes his film unique.

Available Digitally Worldwide: https://geni.us/ThePhenomenon

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (9th October 2020)

20. Link to Post #30251
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Preston Dennett

The Coronado Island UFO Incident

Published 10th October 2020

On the weekend of March 26-27, 1994, the Triad UFO Conference (funded by billionaire Robert Bigelow) was held at the Del Coronado Hotel on Coronado Island in southern California. Featured were leading abduction investigators Budd Hopkins, Yvonne Smith, John Carpenter and others. Several hundred people attended the conference.

Mike Evans, his wife, and a small group of other friends decided to attend. Unknown to them, they were about to become embroiled in one of the strangest and most unique events in UFO history: a mass UFO abduction. Six witnesses in three adjoining hotel rooms at the Village Inn all experienced an alien encounter on the same evening. Meanwhile, conference attendees at other nearby hotels also experienced extraterrestrial visitations.

Coronado Island is a small, densely populated island, much of which is owned and used by the United States Navy. It's a popular tourist destination, heavily guarded by police and military personnel. In other words, an unlikely location for a mass UFO abduction.

But wait, there's more! At the time of the abduction, the presidential Secret Service swarmed the island. President Clinton was visiting the next day. He planned to stay at the home of Larry Lawrence, US Ambassador to Switzerland, owner of the Hotel Del Coronado and one of the wealthiest men in the United States. Lawrence was a huge donor to President Clinton's campaign. And by some strange coincidence, the home of Larry Lawrence and the Village Inn were separated by only a few thousand feet.

Another thing that makes this case different is many of the witnesses suffered alarming physical symptoms following this encounter and others. One of the witnesses discovered an apparent alien implant in her leg, which was subsequently removed by Dr. Roger Leir, providing incontrovertible evidence of extraterrestrial intervention.

This video presents the Coronado Island UFO Incident from beginning to end, as told by one of the main percipients. Yvonne Smith's excellent book, "Coronado," tells the comprehensive story of this case, with several more new witnesses. You can also read about the experiences of the six experiencers at the Village Inn in my book, "The Coronado Island Incident," co-written by Mike Evans.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th October 2020), william r sanford72 (11th October 2020)

22. Link to Post #30252
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Black Vault

The NY Times And The Unreported UAP Encounters - Why Accuracy In UFO Reporting Matters

Published 11th October 2020

As UFOs captivate the world; society heavily relies on the mainstream media to offer accurate information. But do they?

In 2019, the NY Times reported multiple Naval encounters with UFOs. And although evidence exists they tried to verify that on an official level, The Black Vault just received documents that show they may not have been able to.

Did the NY Times hide UAP related information they did receive for a year? Did they change the date and timeframe of a UFO case they previously reported on, in an attempt to connect evidence to it that was unrelated?

It’s time for you to decide if you’re hearing the whole truth. From my side – here’s what I found out.

Stay tuned… you’re about to journey INSIDE THE BLACK VAULT.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT: Just to clarify, I should have been more clear about Lt. Graves' sighting, and the one he was relaying third-hand. The NY Times allowed Lt. Graves to relay the information about a sighting from an unnamed pilot who saw the "sphere encasing a cube". Essentially, we are talking about third hand information in regards to that description. However, Lt. Graves also relayed he saw his own unidentified objects on radar (along with Lt. Danny Accoin), and Lt. Graves was also the one who also stated a report was filed on at least one of the objects, also referring to the "sphere encasing a cube" object.

The History channel show "Unidentified" essentially eludes to the sightings around this time frame were all "sphere encasing a cube"-like objects, as they also had Lt. Graves speak about his unknown radar tracks, then relay the description from a pilot who describe the objects physically who saw them first hand. This is why I referred to "Lt. Graves' sighting" as the same, but as you can see from the television show, the NY Times article, and a few other sources, those details vary depending on the source. Sadly, these details that are not clear where they first appeared, also add to the confusion about the reporting and the cases themselves.

However, the points about the incorrect date, what seemingly is not the same encounter characteristics, craft description etc., all stand.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (13th October 2020)

24. Link to Post #30253
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Clayton Morris: The UAP Task Force, Mainstream Media & Disclosure

Published 12th October 2020

On episode 182 of SOMEWHERE IN THE SKIES, Ryan is joined by former Fox News anchor, Clayton Morris, to discuss the controversial topic of mainstream and social media and its insidious influences on our everyday lives. Whether it's politics, race, gender, or beliefs, how do these twenty-four hour news cycles and social media platforms feed off of our insecurities and grow more prosperous and powerful by the day? Morris also describes his frustrating, but successful attempts of getting the UFO issue covered in the mainstream media and how the entire landscape of the UFO topic has changed in the past few years. Ryan and Morris then recall the extraordinary Kecksburg UFO incident and wrap things up covering Morris's new Youtube series, The Paranormal Post.

Learn more about Clayton Morris at: http://www.claytonmorris.com

Subscribe to the Paranormal Post by visiting: https://www.youtube.com/c/ParanormalPost/videos

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (13th October 2020)

26. Link to Post #30254
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Finding Vaporized Metal In The Air Of An Exoplanet

Published 8th October 2020

WASP-121b is an exoplanet located 850 light years from Earth, orbiting its star in less than two days—a process that takes Earth a year to complete. WASP-121b is very close to its star—about 40 times closer than Earth to the Sun. This close proximity is also the main reason for its immensely high temperature of around 2,500 to 3,000 degrees Celsius. This makes it an ideal object of study to learn more about ultra-hot worlds.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2020-10-vapori...exoplanet.html

Paper: http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/0004-6361/202038365

&

The Moon Is The Perfect Spot For SETI

In less than four years, NASA plans to land the first woman and the next man on the moon as part of Project Artemis. This long-awaited return to the moon is to be followed by the construction of the Lunar Gateway, the Artemis Base Camp and a program of "sustainable lunar exploration." The creation of an enduring human presence on the moon will also create many opportunities for exciting scientific research.

For example, astronomers want to conduct radio astronomy on the far side of the moon, where telescopes could probe the earliest period of the Universe free of terrestrial radio interference. Taking this a step further, a team of astronomers recently recommended that a radio telescope on the far side of the moon (or in lunar orbit) could aid in another important area of research: the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)!

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2020-10-moon-seti.html

Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.12689.pdf

&

Russia Shuns US Lunar Program, As Space Cooperation Under Threat

Russia is unlikely to participate in the Moon-orbiting station planned by the United States, a Russian official said Monday, marking the probable end of the type of close cooperation seen for two decades on the International Space Station (ISS).

The proposed new station, called the Gateway, "is too US-centric, so to speak," Dmitry Rogozin, the head of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, said, adding Russia was "likely to refrain from participating in it on a large scale."

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2020-10-russia...operation.html

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

silvanelf (18th October 2020)

28. Link to Post #30255
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (15th October 2020)

30. Link to Post #30256
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Cool Worlds

Primordial Stars

The Universe is ancient, far older than our own Solar System. What were the first stars that formed like? How different to the Sun could they have been? Today we explore 3 fascinating astrophysical stars in the early Universe.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

32. Link to Post #30257
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Haus der Astronomie

Our Milky Way Galaxy – A Brief Tour

Published 9th October 2020

Animation by Stefan Payne-Wardenaar for the Collaborative Research Center SFB881 "The Milky Way System"

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

34. Link to Post #30258
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Timothy Ferris | What Is Planet Nine?

Do Alien Civilizations simply exist too far away and at different periods to ever truly find each other? Would a galactic internet help us connect with other Alien Civilizations? Author and filmmaker Timothy Ferris joins John Michael Godier to discuss this and his part in the production of the Voyager Golden Record with Carl Sagan.

Where is everybody? Not enough time?

https://www.timothyferris.com/
    Timothy Ferris books (affiliate link):
    Coming of Age in the Milky Way https://amzn.to/3lul0gF
    Author page: https://amzn.to/3d7zzDL

Last edited by Star Tsar; 13th October 2020 at 09:54.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

36. Link to Post #30259
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lowell Observatory

Sagas In The Sky | Pisces

Sagas in the Sky explores some of the stories behind the stars in the night sky. In this episode, we look at the story of Pisces, the Fish.

37. Link to Post #30260
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

History Of The Earth

How The Earth Got Its Magnetic Field (And Why It Might Not Protect Us Much Longer)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1513 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 513 1013 1413 1463 1503 1513 1523 1563 1613 1820 LastLast