+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Health Basics: What is Aspartame?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Default Health Basics: What is Aspartame?

Aspartame is best known by the brand names
    NutraSweet, Equal, Sweet One and Spoonful.

E-number 951 (9 + 5 + 1 = 15 > 1 + 5 = 6)

Alternative : Stevia

http://www.naturalnews.com/034320_as...e_effects.html
    Remember Who You Are!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Calz (6th December 2011), Cjay (6th December 2011), Corncrake (6th December 2011), ktlight (6th December 2011), Pamela (6th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,983 times in 1,749 posts

Default Re: Health Basics: What is Aspartame?

I was alarmed and pissed off when i discovered the perils of using Aspartame-i was using Equal as a substitute for
    Sugar in my endless mugs of Tea (you can take the boy out of Britain, but not Britain out of the boy) and i came accross
    Splenda, which seems to be Maltodextrin and Sucralose which all seem to be 'natural' substances. I find Stevia not
    very nice actually. Anyone got any horror stories about Splenda?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), Cjay (6th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

I received this email about Aspartame 9 months ago (talk about a horror story):

Quote SWEET POISON! A MUST READ!

In October 2001, my sister started getting very sick. She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore...It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

By March 2002, she had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies and was on 24 various prescription medications. The doctors could not determine what was wrong with her. She was in so much pain, and so sick she just knew she was dying.

She put her house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc...in her oldest daughter's name, and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of.

She also wanted a last hooray, so she planned a trip to Florida (basically in a wheelchair) for March 22nd.

On March 19, I called her to ask how her most recent tests went, and she said they didn't find anything on the test, but they believe she had MS.

I recalled an article a friend of mine e-mailed to me and I asked my sister if she drank diet soda? She told me that she did. As a matter of fact, she was getting ready to crack one open at that moment.

I told her not to open it, and to stop drinking the diet soda! I e-mailed her the article my friend, a lawyer, had sent. My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could now walk!

The muscle spasms went away. She said she didn't feel 100% but, she sure felt a lot better. She told me she was going to her doctor with this article and would call me when she got home.

Well, she called me, and said her doctor was amazed! He is going to call all of his MS patients to find out if they consumed artificial sweeteners of any kind. In a nutshell, she was being poisoned by the Aspartame in the diet soda....and literally dying a slow and miserable death.

When she got to Florida March 22, all she had to take was one pill, and that was a pill for the Aspartame poisoning! She is well on her way to a complete recovery. And she is walking! No wheelchair! The article saved her life.

If it says 'SUGAR FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as 'Nutra Sweet,' 'Equal,' and 'Spoonful.'

In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in the United States, in 2001, there was an epidemic of multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficult to determine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant..

I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject. I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous:

When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis... Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Many people were being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.

The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use - irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition. We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly.

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia.

During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (Nutra Sweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc.) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitis,
    Joint pain, unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, Slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss.
    You probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!'

People were jumping up during the lecture saying, 'I have some of these symptoms.

Is it reversible?' Yes! Yes! Yes! STOP drinking diet sodas and be on the alert for Aspartame on food labels!

Many products are fortified with it! This is a serious problem. Dr. Espart (one of my speakers) remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice, a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence!

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.

It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs.

Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.'

Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it in our body!

Dr.. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise, his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.

Aspartame is especially dangerous for diabetics.

We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame.. The Aspartame drives the blood sugar out of control.Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrier and it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various levels of brain damage, seizures, depression, manic depression, panic attacks, uncontrollable anger and rage.

Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well. Documentation and observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turnarounds in their behavior when these chemicals have been removed from their diet.

So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others) are no longer needed. Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place!

Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar'.

It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well known Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e., mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy.. Children are especially at risk for neurological disorders and should NEVER be given artificial sweeteners.

There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'

Herein lies the problem:

There were Congressional Hearings, in the USA, when Aspartame was included in 100 different products and strong objection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED! There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced. Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.'

I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.

Isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes Association, the American Dietetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times. These organizations cannot criticize any additives or convey their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.

American Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants.

The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioral symptoms.

The bill was killed.

It is known that the powerful drug and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disease and death on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're informed now!

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!

Do you feel sick yet? Wait, there's more... to be continued...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), shijo (6th December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Another email received around the same time:

Quote Holy crap! I didn’t know 99% of this info but I always thought artificial sweeteners taste bad and I sensed they are toxic so I avoid them...

NUMBER 1 ANT KILLER

A MUST READ.
    Have not had the occasion to try this, but if you are pestered with ants it might be worth a try.
    THIS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT USING ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
    .....IF YOU USE THEM

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have spent
    thousands of dollars with Orkin and on ant poisons trying to keep them under
    control but nothing has helped.
    So when I read somewhere that aspartame *(NutraSweet)* was actually
    developed as an ant poison and changed to being considered non-poisonous
    after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a sweetener
    than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a corner
    of each of our bathrooms . That was about 2 years ago and I have not seen
    any carpenter ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most
    deadly poisons I have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump
    another package of NutraSweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a
    year or so again.

Since posting this information I have had many people tell me of their success
    solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing else worked.

I found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was
    determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly take it
    back to the nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually I have
    found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it does not.

Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did not
    work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored it until we got a light rain.
    It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the NutraSweet and ground, but not
    enough to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and
    taking it back into the mound. When I checked the mound 2 days later, there
    was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the mound up, and still saw none of them.
    How does it Work: *Aspartame is a neuropoison..* It most likely kills the ants
    by interfering with their nervous system. It could be direct, like stopping their
    heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense of taste so they can't
    figure out what is edible, or smell, so they can't follow their trails, or mis-identify
    their colonies members, so they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes
    them to end up dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them
    quickly and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas
    that come in contact with this poison, and avoid getting it in your mouth, despite
    anything the labelling may indicate.

More information on this poison can be found at: www.dorway.com <-- as I said, holy crap!
    *The Truth About Aspartame...
    *Aspartame is NOT a natural substance!*

*Aspartame is NOT a Diet Enhancement product!*

*Aspartame is NOT safe - for ANYONE!*
    *Aspartame is NOT a food "additive" *

*Aspartame is an UNREGULATED and UNSAFE DRUG!*
    *Aspartame in liquids turns to FORMALDEHYDE above freezing!*

*Aspartame is even worse for DIABETICS!*
    *Aspartame poisoning is cumulative (it adds up!)*
    *Aspartame by-products get stored in your FAT!*
    *Aspartame has 92 "Official" Side Effects (the worst is DEATH!)*
    *Aspartame MIMICS a wide range of problems*
    *Aspartame side effects are USUALLY MISDIAGNOSED!*
    *Aspartame is also known as Phenylalinine in some popular diet drinks such as Diet Coke

*People with MS are warned to stay away from Aspartame!

Read the FDA’s list of 92 nasty side effects of aspartame:

Source: http://www.dorway.com/92symptomsfotocopy.html

Maybe you or someone you know has some of these side effects

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), Corncrake (6th December 2011), shijo (6th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

One more report you should read, with links to other reports:

Aspartame – Ant Poison, FDA Complaints

Quote Dear Health Concious Reader,

When you reach for a packet of NutraSweet or Splenda, you feel relieved that you’re dodging the evils of sugar. But did you know that these artificial sweeteners make good ant poison.

I just read a story from a lady who had a problem with carpenter ants. After spending thousands of dollars on professional exterminators and industrial poisons, she dumped 2 packets of NutraSweet in the corners of her bathroom and it killed the ants.1

It’s perhaps less of a surprise if you know that aspartame – the active ingredient in NutraSweet – was classified as a neurotoxin before it was approved by the FDA as a sugar substitute in the early 1980s.

But what does that mean when you eat ice cream, candy, or a diet soda that’s sweetened with NutraSweet? Or any of the other 5,000 products that use aspartame?

Aspartame accounts for 75% of all side effects reported to the FDA’s Adverse Reaction Monitoring System (ARMS), with 10,000 complaints in 1994 alone. By the FDA’s own admission, only 1 percent of those who experience side effects actually report them. That makes the real number closer to one million.

The FDA is so defensive about their stance on aspartame; it took a Freedom of Information Act request to get the full list of 92 recognized symptoms the FDA linked to artificial sweeteners that use aspartame.

Here’s just a few of the 92 reactions you may experience:

Anxiety Attacks
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Chronic Fatigue
    Death
    Diarrhea
    Insomnia
    Memory Loss
    Nausea or Vomiting
    Seizures or Convulsions
    Vertigo
    Weight Gain

The threat of seizures and vertigo is so strong; pilots are routinely warned about the dangers of aspartame. Both the Air Force’s magazine Flying Safety and the Navy’s Navy Physiology have published articles warning pilots of these side effects.

bout 12 years ago, a hotline was setup for pilots suffering from acute reactions to aspartame. In the first year alone, over 600 pilots reported symptoms – some of whom actually suffered grand mal seizures while in the cockpit of their airplanes.2

What’s worse, most people have no idea that aspartame is causing their symptoms. Doctors usually link the symptoms to other diseases like multiple sclerosis, arthritis, Lyme disease, or even Alzheimer’s.

A recent study published by the Cancer Research Center in Italy found that, once inside your body, aspartame breaks down into very dangerous components. (One of these components is formaldehyde – a very dangerous toxin you may know as ‘embalming fluid.’)

A alarming number of rats fed NutraSweet died from various cancers including leukemia. The increase in cancer rates was 62%. Aside from cancer and the symptoms listed above, aspartame they discovered, can also lead to sudden death.3 How does this experiment relate to the amount of aspartame you consume?
    In my opinion - NONE WHATSOEVER!!

But let's see what the FDA recommends (DOES ANYONE STILL TRUST THE FDA? I DON'T!!)

Quote The FDA set the Acceptable Daily Intake, (ADI) for aspartame at 50mg per kilogram of bodyweight (mg/kg). Lawyers for the FDA said in court that the average American averages 30mg/kg a day but often goes over the limit.

What’s disturbing is that the Italian scientists noticed markedly increased cancer rates in rats that consumed only 40% of this ADI. Rats eating only 8% of the ADI also had increased cancer rates. This means that many Americans are consuming more than this dose comparatively.

Russell Blaylock, MD is a well-known neurosurgeon and one of the leading authorities on the dangers of aspartame. He said, “This study strongly indicates that drinking a single diet cola sweetened with aspartame every day could significantly increase one’s risk of developing a lymphoma or leukemia.”4

If you suffer from any of these symptoms and consume any aspartame, stop consuming products that have aspartame for at least 60 days. Instead of relying on sodas, drink liquids that occur naturally:

Water – Filter purified or spring water. (This is your best bet when you’re thirsty.)
    Milk – If you can find a good local source, raw is your best choice.
    Tea – Real tea, green or black, with no artificial additives.

To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), Corncrake (6th December 2011), East Sun (17th November 2020), shijo (6th December 2011), WhiteFeather (6th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

A VERY SORDID HISTORY OF ASPARTAME

Do the names Donald Rumsfeld and Monsanto mean anything to anyone?
    This is an EXTREMELY TELLING story of CORRUPTION
    that is so typical of BIG PHARMA and the FDA

How Aspartame Became Legal - The Timeline

Quote January 10, 1977-- The FDA formally requests the U.S. Attorney's office to begin grand jury proceedings to investigate whether indictments should be filed against Searle for knowingly misrepresenting findings and "concealing material facts and making false statements" in aspartame safety tests. This is the first time in the FDA's history that they request a criminal investigation of a manufacturer.

January 26, 1977-- While the grand jury probe is underway, Sidley & Austin, the law firm representing Searle, begins job negotiations with the U.S. Attorney in charge of the investigation, Samuel Skinner.

March 8, 1977-- G. D. Searle hires prominent Washington insider Donald Rumsfeld as the new CEO to try to turn the beleaguered company around. A former Member of Congress and Secretary of Defense in the Ford Administration, Rumsfeld brings in several of his Washington cronies as top management.
    Quote January 21, 1981-- Ronald Reagan is sworn in as President of the United States. Reagan's transition team, which includes Donald Rumsfeld, CEO of G. D. Searle, hand picks Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes Jr. to be the new FDA Commissioner.
    Full story (2002): http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm

The Aspartame / NutraSweet Fiasco

Quote Rumsfeld received a $12 million bonus
    Full story: http://www.stevia.net/aspartame.htm

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), WhiteFeather (6th December 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Gets even worse ... they are changing the name to "fool us" ... go figure.

Copied over from another article I posted elsewhere.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ight=aspartame

#4) The total secrecy of all food ingredients, sources and places of origin

As the food industry is increasingly invaded by junk science (GMOs, anyone?), efforts will increase to hide all the chemical ingredients in food products and rename dangerous-sounding chemicals into nice-sounding chemicals.

The Corn Refiners Association is already trying to rename "High Fructose Corn Syrup" to "corn sugar."

http://www.naturalnews.com/029748_hi...rup_sugar.html

Aspartame is now going to be called "AminoSweet," and MSG has been renamed things like "yeast extract" or "Torula yeast powder."

But it's going to get far worse as fraudulent science accelerates food industry deceptions. Expect to see preservatives like "sodium benzoate" renamed as things like, "Freshiness crystals." Or "artificial colors" might be described as "Fortified with pretty colors."

Above all, the food industry wants to hide where its foods come from, how they are made, and what's in them, because all three of those categories are bad news for your health.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Cjay (6th December 2011), Corncrake (6th December 2011), East Sun (17th November 2020), Jay (6th December 2011), WhiteFeather (6th December 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

For years I have been warning friends of the horrors of Aspartame (and more recently the even more insidious Neotame) because it turns up everywhere. Apart from the obvious diet foods, it can be found in non diet yoghurts, chewing gum and most recently I found it in those little spray breath fresheners. Strangely some people actually LIKE that strange metallic taste it leaves in the mouth and will not give it up. I must say some people appear to have no side effects which can make it quite hard to argue your case. Then suddenly the body gives up the silent struggle and you become ill.

I first came across Aspartame about 5 years ago when a healthy vegetarian friend suddenly developed an uncontrollable itch all over her body under her skin. There was no rash. It was driving her mad and at first she blamed it on the new carpet she had recently had installed thinking the fire repellent may have been the cause but it continued even when away from home.

It went on for months and was driving her mad. She went to many specialists about it including a sojourn in India to try some ayurvedic medicine but to no avail. All the time, during these treatments, she was taking her 'innocent' little 'sweeteners' with her. She finally did a de-tox and gave up coffee (and sweeteners) and the condition cleared up in days. Everything else has been reintroduced into her diet apart from the aspartame and there has been no relapse.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Calz (6th December 2011), Cjay (6th December 2011), WhiteFeather (6th December 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Corncrake (here)
    For years I have been warning friends of the horrors of Aspartame (and more recently the even more insidious Neotame) because it turns up everywhere.
    Neotame - how "Matrix" is that? Let's check it out...

Quote Questions & Independent Answers About Neotame
    • What is Neotame?
    • Will Neotame Be Approved and If So, When?
    • Is Neotame a Neurotoxin Like Aspartame?
    • The Unofficial History of Neotame
    • Healthier Sweetener Resources -- PLEASE DO NOT switch from one toxic sweetener to another
    Go here for answers: http://www.holisticmed.com/neotame/

Quote Keywords

neotame
    nutrasweet
    nutrisweet
    aspertame
    nutri sweet
    nutri-sweet
    Monsanto
    Kelco
    Nutrasweet Kelco
    Benevia
    equal
    Equal's Million Dollar Difference Giveaway
    Team Equal
    Equal Measure
    spoonful
    diet soda
    diet coke
    diet pepsi
    diet sprite
    pepsi light
    pepsi max
    crystal light
    sweeteners
    sugar
    artificial sweetener
    acesulfame-k
    sucralose
    sunette
    sunnette
    sweet one
    sweet & safe
    splenda
    Canderel
    Chuker
    Misura
    Manugel
    Keltrol
    Kelcogel
    Nutrifos
    Stabil-9
    Levn-Lite
    ethics
    scientific fraud
    weight loss
    Just reading that list makes me feel sick.

The Newest Dangerous Sweetener to Hit Your Food Shelves...

By Dr. Mercola

Quote Since 2002 an artificial sweetener called neotame has been approved for use in food and drink products around the world, although so far its use appears to be very limited.

Neotame is a chemical derivative of aspartame, and judging by the chemicals used in its manufacturing, it appears even more toxic than aspartame, although the proponents of neotame claim that increased toxicity is not a concern, because less of it is needed to achieve the desired effect.

Neotame is bad science originally brought to you by the Monsanto Company. They sold the NutraSweet Company to J.W. Childs Equity Partners in 2000, but the approval of neotame came under Monsanto's ownership, and was most likely a result of Monsanto's cozy relationship with the FDA. More about that in a minute.

My recommendation for neotame is the same as that for aspartame, which is: it should be avoided if you care about your health.

Why is Neotame Dangerous?

Hopefully by now you are aware of the dangers of aspartame, if you aren't, please review this previous article.

But as if aspartame wasn't bad enough, NutraSweet (a Monsanto subsidiary at the time of neotame's approval) "improved" the aspartame formula, making neotame 7,000-13,000 times sweeter than sugar (sucrose) and 30-60 times sweeter than aspartame.

How did they do this?

In 1998, Monsanto applied for FDA approval for neotame, "based on the aspartame formula" with one critical addition: 3-dimethylbutyl, which just happens to be listed on the EPA's most hazardous chemical list.

So not only is neotame potentially more devastating to your health than aspartame, it is also approved for use in a wider array of food products, including baked goods, because it is more stable at higher temperatures.

What is 3-Dimethylbutyl?

Neotame is manufactured by combining aspartame with 3,3-dimethylbutyraldehyde, which was added to block enzymes that break the peptide bond between aspartic acid and phenylalanine, thereby reducing the availability of phenylalanine.

This eliminates the need for a warning on labels directed at people who cannot properly metabolize phenylalanine.

However, 3,3-Dimethylbutyraldehyde is categorized as both highly flammable and an irritant, and carries risk statements for handling including irritating to skin, eyes and respiratory system.

In other words, the NutraSweet company assures you that neotame is perfectly safe, while at the same time they manufacture neotame through a chemical reaction between aspartame and a substance that is highly flammable and a skin, eye and respiratory irritant (that must be handled with extreme caution by anyone involved in the manufacturing process).

Does this sound like something you want to put into your body?

Why are These Chemicals Approved for Human Consumption?

Many people actually consider the FDA to be a "subsidiary" of the Monsanto Company. It sounds impossible, but when you look at all the Monsanto executives who have gone through the revolving door between private industry and government oversight, a truly disturbing picture emerges of the foxes guarding the henhouse..

The FDA is packed by pro-business, pro-corporation advocates who often have massive conflicts of interest when it comes to protecting the health of the public.

In fact, the revolving door between private industry and government oversight agencies is so well established these days, it has become business as usual to read about scandal, conflicts of interest and blatant pro-industry bias, even when it flies in the face of science or the law.

A few examples include:

FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, a former dental amalgam company executive, helped subvert a federal judge's order to label mercury fillings as a hazard to children and pregnant women.
    The FDA's top medical-device regulator, Daniel Schultz, resigned following internal dissent over decisions that his critics said were too friendly to industry.
    Janet Woodcock, the director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, was accused of a massive conflict of interest stemming from an ethics complaint filed by Amphastar Pharmaceuticals Inc.
    The agency's list of corruptions and collusions is now a mile long. And each piece of new legislation aimed to improve its function seems to do just the opposite—making the FDA even more dependent upon financial support by Big Pharma.

Why Aspartame and Neotame are NOT a Dieters Best Friend

On of the biggest marketing and PR tactics for man-made chemical sweeteners has been the claim that they help in the battle against obesity. Folks, they don't. They never have and they never will.

The research and the epidemiologic data suggest the opposite is true, and that artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and neotame tend to lead to weight gain. As I've often said, there's more to weight gain or weight loss than mere calorie intake.

One reason for aspartame and neotame's potential to cause weight gain is because phenylalanine and aspartic acid – the two amino acids that make up 90 percent of aspartame and are also present in neotame -- are known to rapidly stimulate the release of insulin and leptin; two hormones that are intricately involved with satiety and fat storage.

Insulin and leptin are also the primary hormones that regulate your metabolism.

So although you're not ingesting calories in the form of sugar, aspartame and neotame can still raise your insulin and leptin levels. Elevated insulin and leptin levels, in turn, are two of the driving forces behind obesity, diabetes, and a number of our current chronic disease epidemics.

Over time, if your body is exposed to too much leptin, it will become resistant to it, just as your body can become resistant to insulin, and once that happens, your body can no longer "hear" the hormonal messages instructing your body to stop eating, burn fat, and maintain good sensitivity to sweet tastes in your taste buds.

What happens then?

You remain hungry; you crave sweets, and your body stores more fat.

Leptin-resistance also causes an increase in visceral fat, sending you on a vicious cycle of hunger, fat storage and an increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and more.

The Real Reason Artificial Sweetener Use Has Exploded

If you want some answers in scenarios like this it is typically useful to follow the money trail. Aspartame currently has the largest market share of all artificial sweeteners, and the people at NutraSweet would like to keep it that way.

Artificial sweeteners cost a great deal less than real sugar, corn syrup or molasses, so the processed food and beverage industry saves money by using LESS of these man-made chemicals to create MORE sweetness in their products.

Neotame is manufactured from aspartame, and builds on aspartame's ability to provide more sweetness from less raw material, as it is 30-60 times sweeter than aspartame.

Unfortunately, one byproduct your body creates by breaking down aspartame is formaldehyde, which is extremely toxic to your health even in very small doses. The NutraSweet Company claims the addition of 3,3-Dimethylbutyraldehyde to aspartame makes it more stable at higher temperatures, and reduces the availability of phenylalanine. But nowhere do they discuss the formation of formaldehyde when your body breaks down aspartame, which is the main ingredient of neotame.

In a search of pubmed.gov, the U.S. National Library of Medicine, which has over 11 million medical citations, neotame returns zero double-blind scientific studies on toxicity in humans or animals.

If neotame was indeed completely safe to ingest, you would think the NutraSweet Company would have published at least one double-blind safety study in the public domain? They haven't.

You have to ask yourself "why not?"

Have You Experienced a Bad Aspartame or Neotame Reaction? Be Heard!

Did you know that only a fraction of all adverse food reactions are ever reported to the FDA? This is a problem that only you as the consumer can have an impact upon.

In order to truly alert the FDA to a problem with a product they've approved, they must be notified – by as many people as possible who believe they have experienced a side effect. This mean you can take action against the manufacturers of these chemicals that continue to put your optimal health at risk, if you feel you have had a bad reaction to their product.

I urge you, if you believe you have experienced side effects from aspartame or neotame, let the FDA know about it!

Please go to the FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator page, find the phone number listed for your state, and report your adverse reaction.

There's no telling just how many reports they might need before considering taking another look at the safety of aspartame or neotame, but the only way to press them is by reporting any and all adverse effects!

And in the meantime, do your health and the health of your family a favor and treat all foods and drinks that contain aspartame or neotame as if they were deleterious to your optimal health. Because, in my opinion, they are.
    Source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-used-yet.aspx

How many more reasons do we need to take down the cabal?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), Corncrake (6th December 2011), WhiteFeather (6th December 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Black Panther (6th December 2011), Calz (6th December 2011), Cjay (6th December 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Sugar is poison. Suger substitutes are even worse.
    Remember Who You Are!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Calz (6th December 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I seen Deepak Chopra explain aspertane was the fecal waste of e-coli bacteria and should be avoided,he did say there is a sweetener made from chikory root called "just like sugar" that really does taste like sugar with none of the health threat.

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Black Panther (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Sugar is poison. Suger substitutes are even worse.
    EVERYTHING is poison if you consume too much of it. Some things are far more poisonous than others - especially synthetic food additives.

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Sugar, per se, is not a poison, but in a highly refined state it becomes toxic. Think a slice of rye bread vs. a shot of rye whiskey... I noticed that ALL gum, even the kind with corn syrup contains aspartame. Due diligence

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Black Panther (7th December 2011), Kryztian (16th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's horrible. How many things are we consuming that are so harmful??

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

I was very surprised just now when I typed in "aspartame and mental health" on Google search, and all the top results that came up were actual truthful research, rather than propaganda!

This was the featured first listing:
    Aspartame: Decades of Science Point to Serious Health Risks
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Alan (16th November 2020), Anka (16th November 2020), Kryztian (16th November 2020)

31. Link to Post #18
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

I have never taken aspartame and I am very careful with the sugar which is very dangerous for health.
    I tried coconut sugar, otherwise I buy brown sugar and often cut back on sugar when making jam that I put in the fridge and consume quickly.
    In my youth I consumed 1kilo of honey per week, my father was a beekeeper, honey does not make you fat, but often honey in the store is cut with sugar.
    Starting by reducing your sugar intake is very important. There are plenty of videos on the danger of sugar on youtube.
    In France, a journalist was for a year without consuming sugar and wrote a book about it.

I find that many industrialized products contain too much sugar and organic is sometimes an alternative if you do not have to do it yourself and reduce the amount of sugar in these cakes ...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Anka (16th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread