+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Default Weight Loss

Hi all, I am 39 and the passed two years I have gained some weight about 40 lbs.
    Do you all have any recomendations for natural methods for weight loss and metabolisim lift. I would like to drop at least 20 by mid March for a fitness test I am required to take for officiating.

I really want to know what worked for you.

Kind Regards,

Referee

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), Cidersomerset (20th December 2011), Denise/Dizi (10th May 2022), janette (10th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (24th July 2022), palehorse (25th July 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Default Re: Weight Loss

Ive heard that Braggs apple cider vinegar really works (along with controlling food and exercise)......I used Herbal Magic and lost 80 lbs , gained back about 60 then lost 40 using them again, now I am right back where I started so that's not working for me. Good luck, I will be watching to see if anyone else has some great tips. Oh a friend of mine just went vegetarian and in 5 months has lost 40 lbs.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), misericordia (20th December 2011), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (20th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,399 posts

Juicing - vegetable juices mainly although using apples as the base (sweeter). Soups, no grains and little or no meat - bananas and avocados for protein (I cheat with cheese and eggs though not together). The juicing will keep up energy levels. I think the worst thing is a kind of boredom that sets in soon after starting a fat loss (as opposed to weight loss) diet. Quite a lot of us who are overweight like to eat for the sheer pleasure of it, ie. the taste, texture, etc., the smell when cooking and all sort of other (usually emotional) things. Food and preparing food is a very very sensual thing.

The people in my company have an annual slimming competition starting the first day back at work after New Year (3rd January) for 12 weeks only, ending March sometime. It helps to have a set time .... saying 'until I lose 2 stone' for instance is needlessly difficult and can last too long.... We pay £5 each to join and weigh in every Monday midday and laugh and cajole and take the piss out of each other. -But it works. And after 12 weeks, we all go out for a slap-up dinner, pay our £5 subs to a charity and also pay for the winner's meal. Believe it or not we also have people who want to put on weight and they never achieve their targets. Don't know why .. There's a saying that diets don't work, otherwise you'd only ever need the one . . .

My advice is to find yourself a riveting hobby, not particularly energetic, but something that will take you away from the whole idea that food is anything more than . . . . a means to an end. It's bloody difficult, but not impossible. And you will feel so good . . . Good luck Ref!
    Last edited by Miller; 20th December 2011 at 21:02.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Ammit (20th December 2011), Anna70 (10th July 2022), Antagenet (5th September 2019), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (20th December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (20th December 2011), TraineeHuman (20th December 2011), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 312 posts

try and eat more raw vegetables and leave the car and either walk or cycle.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (20th December 2011), Miller (20th December 2011), nimmer (20th December 2011), Referee (20th December 2011), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

It's incredibly simply Ref. Eat for health and weight issues resolve effortlessly. So, you ask, how do I eat for health? Again, very simple concept. Not so easy in a modern, fast-paced world, but easy enough.

Eat what Mother Nature provides, unprocessed and mostly unaltered. Eat as much as you can in its raw state. Eat very little or no sugar. Eat very little or no grains, especially wheat. Eat high quality, un-heated fats. Fats are critical for good health. No vegetable oils!!! That includes saffflower, corn, "canola" (no such thing really), sunflower, peanut, cottenseed (!). True extra virgin olive oil and coconut are your healthiest oils. You can cook with macadamia nut oil occasionally, as it has a very high flash point. Don't drink pastuerized milk. Of course don't consume chemicals, preservatives, msg (or other glutamates), sodas, candy, cakes.

Mainly, weight control is hormonal. Insulin plays a major role. Wheat and grains cause wild insulin swings. When the hormones are not balanced, signals to store fat are received. Grains and sugar are the main reason for weight gain.

Bottom line truth: It's not how MUCH you eat, its WHAT you eat. And exercise plays a small role in weight control, assuming you are not a total potato.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Antagenet (5th September 2019), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), exchange student (21st December 2011), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (20th December 2011), Michi (5th September 2019), Miller (20th December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), Referee (20th December 2011), Rosemarie (4th September 2019), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 310 posts

Watch the produce you take in. Avoid MSG, it makes you feel like you are never full. And buy locally – know where your food comes from. Eat organic or grow your own food. Find food that has some light left in it. Eat fruit, but peel the skin because of the pesticides when not organic. Eat nuts and do not eat light products – avoid aspartame.

And maybe most important: dont starve yourself on some diet. The time it takes to get rid of the weight is the same time you gain it back when you stop the diet.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Midnight Rambler For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Antagenet (5th September 2019), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (20th December 2011), Miller (20th December 2011), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (20th December 2011), Rosemarie (4th September 2019), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

There of course are loads of methods.
    The one I found most beneficial was low carbohydrate, high fat. Go to SECOND OPINION by Barry Groves.
    After forty years as a vegetarian, my belly was growing and I was getting very tired.
    I went to see David Icke's doctor, Mike Lambert, he told me about Barry Grove's book Trick and Treat.
    The food industry trick us into eating bad food, and the pharmaceuticals treat us with deadly drugs.....we get ill and pay them money for it!!!!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), conk (21st December 2011), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (20th December 2011), Midnight Rambler (20th December 2011), Referee (20th December 2011), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,463 times in 2,850 posts

Whenever I want to cleanse and lose a few pounds at the same time, I generally use the MasterCleanse, also known as the Lemonade Diet. It is a Fast though, not a diet, and not meant to be used just to lose weight, but to get rid of toxins in your body. You can do it for a few days to fast/cleanse, but one full round is generally 10 days in length where you're drinking nothing but this concoction made up of fresh, organic lemons, high-grade maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

The cleanse does have a few side-effect sometimes as you release toxins in specific parts of your body. There can be headaches, short-term pains in certain parts of your body as they releasing toxins, general aches, tiredness, things like that which generally accompany the Fast. You can go from 10 days up to 40 days. If you go to YouTube and search it, you'll see all these people who do it and leave a diary, all these beautiful young kids doing 40 days like it's nothing. LOL Must be nice. I've lost 30 pounds in 16 days doing it. Of course it all comes back if you take up the same habits, so after you fast, generally a change in diet is great. After one particular fasting period, I went vegetarian for almost 2 years.
    Last edited by Mark; 20th December 2011 at 21:21.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Kryztian (25th July 2022), ktlight (21st December 2011), Miller (20th December 2011), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (20th December 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,399 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Whenever I want to cleanse and lose a few pounds at the same time, I generally use the MasterCleanse, also known as the Lemonade Diet. It is a Fast though, not a diet, and not meant to be used just to lose weight, but to get rid of toxins in your body. You can do it for a few days to fast/cleanse, but one full round is generally 10 days in length where you're drinking nothing but this concoction made up of fresh, organic lemons, high-grade maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

The cleanse does have a few side-effect sometimes as you release toxins in specific parts of your body. There can be headaches, short-term pains in certain parts of your body as they releasing toxins, general aches, tiredness, things like that which generally accompany the Fast. You can go from 10 days up to 40 days. If you go to YouTube and search it, you'll see all these people who do it and leave a diary, all these beautiful young kids doing 40 days like it's nothing. LOL Must be nice. I've lost 30 pounds in 16 days doing it. Of course it all comes back if you take up the same habits, so after you fast, generally a change in diet is great. After one particular fasting period, I went vegetarian for almost 2 years.
    Isn't this how Beyonce lost all her weight . . . ? And she looks fabulous . . .

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (21st December 2011), Referee (20th December 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Nowadays almost all processed food has some form of MSG added. "Yeast extract" is a form of MSG. "Natural flavor" is a form of MSG. And so on. MSG is very addictive. That's why it gets added, in some form or other, to almost all junk food (including processed food) these days. If rats or mice are fed MSG for two weeks, their body weight triples and they all get Type 2 diabetes -- in two weeks! By the way, rats and mice have the most similar digestive system to humans. Rats also have 99.4% the same DNA as humans, incidentally.

The MSG that gets added isn't really natural. There is natural, organic MSG in tomatoes and corn, for instance, and that's OK. Though corn is very fattening and very high GI.

Also, there is another good oil to cook with. That is rice bran oil. It has about the same ignition temperature as macadamia oil, but it's easier to get, unless you live in Queensland perhaps.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 20th December 2011 at 22:32.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Anna70 (10th July 2022), Antagenet (5th September 2019), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Been there, done that. 5 years ago I lost approx 70lbs, since then I have gained some of it back though... the signs of a stressful work life and very little 'me' time.

The best advice/tricks I can give are:

- A 'diet' is nothing more than 'what you eat' - it WILL require a lifestyle change, not just a simple magical fix that the fad diets offer. Force yourself to be strict for 2-4 weeks while your body becomes accustomed, it will ease after that.
    - A bad diet is just a bad habit which needs to be broken, this will take time. There are no quick fixes, at least none worth having. Succeeding to reach a goal like this is a huge life experience, one which is difficult to compare (in my current opinion). To help you through just visualise the improvement you will be making to your life.
    - Exercise first thing in the morning to kickstart your metabolism. A 15-30 minute brisk walk won't be too strenuous (get the heart pumping), you'll feel better for it during the day too. Plan activities out each week and stick to it as best you can, don't leave it to whether you feel like doing it. Accept that when you least want to do it, is often the best time to just get up and go for exercise - it helps both mind and body.
    - Don't skip meals, your body will want to compensate later. Eating breakfast is also an important way to kickstart your metabolism.
    - Eat plenty of fruit and veg. Drop beef and lamb completely, chicken and fish are fine... you will still need protein. Try the best you can to go organic, often they are more nutritious than the mass farmed stuff.
    - Try to remove bread, potatoes, pasta and similar foods from your diet, at least lower them dramatically.
    - Important: don't let yourself make excuses, the more you rationalise cheating on your new lifestyle (diet) the easier it is to lose sight of the goal.
    - If you find yourself craving a snack, brush your teeth - the flavour will give your taste buds something to occupy themselves, also the taste of mint would ruin the snack so another good reason to skip it.

Ultimately you know deep down what you should be eating and what to avoid... stop trying to fool yourself into accepting second best. There are many websites which will help you find the good and bad foods, education is important during this process.

I hope this will help you, it was certainly helpful for me to write my 'rules' down and to visit them often.
    Last edited by GK76; 20th December 2011 at 22:45.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GK76 For This Post:

Antagenet (5th September 2019), Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Miller (20th December 2011), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (21st December 2011), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Every couple of years I decide I need to lose about 10 pounds and the only thing that has worked for me is calorie counting. I used to use a log book called DietMinder. Now I'm using a website called MyFitnessPal since they have apps for smartphones and my Kindle Fire (which really is an android tablet). I even use a food scale to weigh foods until I'm comfortable estimating the calories. I also work out on an incline trainer. Not all gyms have them but they are great if you want an aerobic workout without running. I set it to a 24% incline and walk at 3.5 MPH for 30 minutes--about 2000 vertical feet.

Another suggestion, one of my coworkers lost a bunch of weight when she started doing "hot" yoga several times a week.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marielle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Miller (20th December 2011), Referee (21st December 2011), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Hi Referee just seen this before I've got to go to bed.......a couple of weeks ago Ion and the gang spent almost two segments talking about weight...

Calories have nothing to do with weight gain!!! He explains it in detail and you will probably have to listen a few times to 'digest'. ha ha...It will make sence eventually..
    Remember he's discussing it with Dr.Carolyn Dean and the crew and Bob, James & Carolyn drill him down ....

http://informationfarm.blogspot.com/...e-you-fat.html

Its the storage of weight that makes you fat !

As the essence of creation is the spoken word.......You have to say outloud 'spoken' ......' I enjoy my food and I want to burn every bit of energy'

I now say it before every meal ...LOL....Its fun like all Ions anicdotes and the discussion is intence....and makes sence to me...Goodnight...
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th December 2011 at 23:33.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Referee (21st December 2011), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Stay away from the supermarket. It is a killer. It is pharmaceuticals across the product range. Predominantly GMO Frankenstein food. Designed to entrap you.
    DO NOT buy or eat manufactured food, burgers, biscuits, cakes, chocolate bars, chips, fries or any other food stuff that somebody has produced for market. COOK OR MAKE THEM YOURSELF! select only natural locally sourced ingredients, do not make excuses. Mix and Bake your own bread (and keep on making it until you succeed). Be inventive and educate yourself.
    Do not treat yourself to "nice" things until the reward is earned.
    If a food product ingredient list has ANY chemical listed that you do not know what it is, DO NOT BUY or eat the ruddy thing until you research it.
    Do not waste money on "diet" products. You are wasting your money, your effort and our time for asking in the first place.
    Identify emotional or stressful things in your life around you and face up to them, deal with them and accomplish closure. Then move on sensibly
    Learn to fast. Sensibly, identify ways and methods where you can fast without being foolish
    Take regular exercise. Walk or play with the family or friends regularly. Gym attendance is a good stimulus though often clashes with work so be careful with commitment.
    Check out Don Tolman on the internet for advice on "real" eating and "food management" for humanities sake.

Disconnect your television(s) (stash in garage or the local tip) and rearrange your living room. You will experience identical "cold turkey" that a recovering heroin addict endures and you will start to WAKE up. You will become more intellectually aware and find activities that will keep you engrossed so your meals then "mean" something to you.

All sounds harsh and extreme? WE all suffer when life becomes a comfortable rut, with convenience junk slops at our finger tips.
    If any of these listed is a problem or you feel aggrieved at my tone then do not hassle me, just order a pizza. Not my belly, it's yours :-)

That forty pound belly is mid way between your mouth and arse. Those the only two ways in. Go figure:-)

The bottom line is, it's your gob the foods going into and you put it in there. Nobody forces you. You are going to have to be honest not with anybody else but yourself.
    As everybody has suggested, there are alternatives, so consider a focus on a life style change to your eating habits.
    We know its difficult and I genuinely wish you good luck. Do it :-)

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), conk (21st December 2011), Ivanhoe (5th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

I have to go with W1ndmill, juicing lost me over a stone in a month, included a pint of beer per day and I ate a normal healthy meal to boot. With so many gimmiks out their, just try them all but I suggest juicing first.

Remember, what works for one, may not work for all.....
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Referee (21st December 2011)

31. Link to Post #16
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

Ammit,

Check out my thread on HCG weightloss cure they don't want you to know about... I lost 13kg in a few weeks using homeapathic drops for £15... I'd recommend a liver flush or two first AND avoiding the MSG, Aspartame and other additives etc as mentioned too... A good rule of thumb is if it has a label and isn't made by an ethical company it is likely to not be best for you. Salads and raw food are a good direction for your diet.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Mark (21st December 2011), MessiahMews (22nd May 2012), Referee (21st December 2011), wolf_rt (22nd December 2011)

33. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Juice Fasting is great... Doesn't sound like much fun, but after 24hours you stop feeling hungry.

Mix the juice 50/50 with water, and drink a glass of water with each glass of juice.

The juice will keep your blood sugar up, so you don't feel like ass.

It's a good way to give your body (and gut especially) a break from all the toxins we ingest... people have cured there cancer by fasting.

There are many accounts of people loosing massive amounts off weight in 30 days or less, without ill effect, like sagging skin etc. as any tired old cells are broked down by the body for nourishment..
    The body starts with the cells that are most toxic (often fat) so it is a great way to detox. This is why i fast, as i am over thin if anything... i can only fast for 4-5 days before i get way too skinny...lol

oh btw... if you smoke and drink (i do) you might find this unpalatable during your fast, as any drug will have a more pronounced effect, And you tend to notice the negative effects of drugs more than the pleasant ones. ie, smokes give you a head spin and make you 'buzzy' and alcohol makes you tired and depressed.
    Last edited by wolf_rt; 21st December 2011 at 14:12.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Referee (21st December 2011)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,671 times in 266 posts

This thread is old but gives some great advice!

I'm really curious about the apple cider vinegar. Any personal experiences with that?

Also, any particular herbal vitamins that might help?

I'm vegetarian, drink a moderate amount of water and do less than a moderate amount of exercise. I eat vegan 99% of the time, but lately have been resolving some issues with high-fiber "snack" bars. I'm basically abusing them at this point, and need to get my diet back on track. I was hoping I could replace the high-fiber bars with apple cider vinegar and certain vitamins to help. Just wondering your all's experiences...?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogueEllis For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Thanks for finding the thread! Yes, it deserves to be bumped.

It's very clear to me that the main factor in weight gain is fluctuating blood sugar levels. If one can stabilize one's blood sugar, then weight just gradually falls off.

That means cutting down on carbs with a high glycemic index, not overdoing the coffee or other caffeinated drinks, staying off candies and cookies, etc etc.

The reason for this is that the liver always works hard to bring down excess blood sugar. The glycogen is stored temporarily in the liver (basically, it's 'filtering out all the sugar', as it were) — and then the liver gets rid of it by depositing the excess glycogen as fat.

That's how come sugar turns to fat in our bodies. One does NOT get fat from eating fat. (In fact, it's likely to be the opposite, as healthy fats in foods always to stabilize blood sugar by slowing digestion, and making one feel satisfied earlier.)

And: do take note. None of this is ANYTHING to do with calories. Anyone seeking to lose weight can completely forget about 'calorie counting'... that's really important to understand.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th September 2019 at 12:46.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

janette (10th May 2022), Michi (5th September 2019), mojo (25th July 2022), Olaf (4th September 2019), palehorse (25th July 2022), RogueEllis (4th September 2019), Rosemarie (4th September 2019), Spiral (10th July 2022), Yoda (5th September 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It's very clear to me that the main factor in weight gain is fluctuating blood sugar levels. If one can stabilize one's blood sugar, then weight just gradually falls off...
    Thank you, Bill! I strongly support that statement.

I've tried a lot. These are my experiences

Fastening is one of the things that not really worked for me in the long term. Yes, I was able to reduce my weight for some months, but my last fastening in 2006 drove me directly into a burn out, that I was able to end 10 years later (by curing my adrenal cortexes and many of my other deficiencies).
    Also the positive effect of weight reduction was almost consumed 6 months later, and after that my weight constantly grew.

Sugar can be regarded as a drug, but longing for sugar has a very real material backround in the body.
    When nitrosative stress is produced in the body, nitrogen oxyde (NO) reacts with vitamins und also with a lot of trace elements. The strongest reactions are with vitamin B12 (which contains cobalt) and with iron. As a result, enzymes based on iron are damaged..

In many of these people, the enzyme PDH (pyruvate dehydrogenase) is damaged, which the mitochondria need to process sugar into energy (ATP).
    As a result, after eating sugar, blood sugar rises massively and cannot be converted into energy.

The body then releases insulin to lower blood sugar. As a direct effect of insulin blood sugar is directly converted into body fat.

About three to five hours lateryou will get hypoglycaemia in the blood, because at that time all sugar has been converted into fat, so that you will get very low blood sugar levels. In that situation you will get a craving for something sweet because the brain needs sugar to survive. Then the cycle starts all over again.

Part A: Repairing sugar processing in the cells

Hence the first steps in therapy are:

- LOGI nutrition (Low Glycemic and Insulinemic Diet) with healthy milk fats, cheese etc. and little carbohydrates.
    - Then correct any deficiencies in youe body so that it will be able to rebuild the enzyme PDH. (Above all: B vitamins, vitamin B1 in high doses and moderate alpha lipoic acid. Also zincum and magnesium are needed, to activate vitamin B1. Optimal iron levels must be reached, because iron is needed as part of that enzyme.)

A lack of chromium also leads to more insulin being secreted, resulting in more body fat being produced.
    Therefore, a chromium deficiency must also be stopped (if present).

If all this has been done, you will not gain any more weight. You will then have a relatively constant blood sugar level and there will no longer be a yo-yo between hyperglycaemia and hypoglycaemia.

Part B: Reducing weight

Moderate movement + interval fasting + correct copper defencies

During normal fasting, the body adjusts to the lack of supply and starts a special programme after approx. 3 days. This has some healthy effects, but by switching on sirtuins, the metabolism goes into an effective special mode and therefore needs fewer calories, so you lose less weight.
    I also do not recommend fasting to weakened people.

With interval fasting (intermediate fasting), the body does not go into this special program and you do not have healthy effects of sirtuine activation. But you can lose weight better and you don't have to go hungry for it.

If you have a copper deficiency, you have to correct it.
    Copper is needed to reduce body fat (there was a study regarding copper and body fat in mice in 2016).

CAVE!
    Body fat is known to store toxins. When you loose weight, the process could release toxins into the body. It is important that at this point detox mechanisms work and that the weight loss is not too fast.

This is my program in the last months:
    I eat around 19.00 evening meal and sometimes still nibble a few peanuts afterwards. Then for 14 hours nothing more is eaten up to 11 a.m the next day.
    If I have to do intellectual work, I allow myself to drink cocoa at 8:00, which is boiled with water and some cream (no sugar). Also a coffee would be possible.

With that regime I lose weight continuously without having to starve for the first time in my live. After 11.00 a.m. I eat plenty and allow myself also little delicacies from time to time.
    Last edited by Olaf; 4th September 2019 at 14:17.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2019), Casey Claar (21st July 2022), Hervé (4th September 2019), janette (10th May 2022), Ol' Roy (25th May 2022), Peace in Oz (11th May 2022), RogueEllis (4th September 2019), Rosemarie (4th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast