+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home, a film by Yann Arthus Bertrand: a tribute to our planet Earth!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Home, a film by Yann Arthus Bertrand: a tribute to our planet Earth!

http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html
    Hi there, to balance the disturbing events that are going on today, here's a beautiful tribute to our planet: Home
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th July 2010 at 00:08. Reason: fixed video URL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

Zook (10th November 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Home, a film by Yann Arthus Bertrand: a tribute to our planet Earth!

Hi. Thanks for link. Unfortunatly it dosn't work without doing a copy past and removing the e after .html

Here is another link to the film.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Peace to all.
    Last edited by Studeo; 13th July 2010 at 20:39.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Home, a film by Yann Arthus Bertrand: a tribute to our planet Earth!

---------------------

Highly, highly recommended. A beautiful video.

Essential viewing for anyone on Spaceship Earth... 8.3 million views on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Brilliant, disturbing, pessimistic, hopeful. This superbly put together film offers a full range of emotions.

We will learn from our mistakes...

Ross

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Bump...worthy of a watch

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

absolutly stunning!
    love
    m

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Default Our home

I received this video a few days ago but I didn't have enough time to watch it until today as it's fairly long but boy, I'm glad I did.

The most amazing astounding images of our planet, landscapes I thought were found just in movies or were created by computer.
    This documentary is so well done that I thought of sharing it with this community. Please watch it and if possible, share with others, this is a great effort that needs to be shared and enjoyed for everyone, enlarge it and change it to 720 p

9. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 times in 379 posts

Default Re: Our home

Thanks cloud9 for posting this. I've just finished watching it and I highly recommend it to everyone. A most astonishingly well-put together video.

10. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Well, let's hope other people feel encouraged to see it and share it too, I know other subjects seem more appealing to us but this film is so gorgeous is well worth the time spent to watch it.

11. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

This is truly a wonderful way to view from our homes, just what is happening to our Home.

I thought it interesting that right before this documentary begins, they roll out the list of sponsors. Some of these are big names that most likely support the global-warming myth. And, to no surprise, there is a heavy dose of guilt put upon the viewers by the narrator. Perhaps a more fitting description of what is happening to our earth, would be natural universal cycles. The real stats do indicate that man has contributed to approximately 10% of what is occurring to our world. The remaining 90% is contributed to what is happening up and beyond our little globe.

This is also a great way to view and understand global over-population and what is shortly to happen because of water shortages and hunger and land loss. Not a pretty picture.

The ending is uplifting and the photography throughout is outstanding. I've linked the direct You Tube site because the vid in the first post is not available.

Home

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

12. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    <snip> And, to no surprise, there is a heavy dose of guilt put upon the viewers by the narrator. Perhaps a more fitting description of what is happening to our earth, would be natural universal cycles. The real stats do indicate that man has contributed to approximately 10% of what is occurring to our world. The remaining 90% is contributed to what is happening up and beyond our little globe. <snip>
    I just filtered out the ‘global warming’ stuff as I was watching. I do however believe that the point of human damage to the ecosystem was a more important theme to the presentation.

The distinction should be made between naturally occurring climate shifting and human culpability.

Personally I think humanity is way more than 10% responsible for damage to the ecosystem (not global warming), particularly when you take into account disasters like Exxon and the Gulf oil spill; overfishing, salinity problems, forest clearing, river damming,wars, nuclear testing, waterway pollution etc.

Climate change is a big thing, and it sure is global, but I think it is important to understand that although the climate is shifting due to natural cycles, we humans have stuffed up this planet’s ecosystem pretty badly and it is definitely having an affect on the survival of many species (including our own). We need to take responsibility for that. And ultimately, we will all need to clean it up before we can move on. <end rant>

13. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Quote Posted by Tigger (here)
    The distinction should be made between naturally occurring climate shifting and human culpability.
    Absolutely! And yet, the blame-game methodology from this great documentary, for example, makes one think that humans are responsible for any and all of the earth's ills. Not so.

Quote Personally I think humanity is way more than 10% responsible for damage to the ecosystem (not global warming), particularly when you take into account disasters like Exxon and the Gulf oil spill; overfishing, salinity problems, forest clearing, river damming,wars, nuclear testing, waterway pollution etc.
    I'm going out on a limb here, because I am beginning to notice a pattern historically and currently. Remembering that humanity on planet Earth is relatively young from a Universal perspective, we are considered by many of our off-planet neighbors to be equivalent to teenagers suffering from raging hormones. Many of us now understand that humans are a combined genetic mix of many different species and that our DNA has been messed-with. We are beginning to come into the belief that our blue-jewel Earth has been under siege from off-planet sources for tens of thousands of years. This, for the express benefit of these sources. Manipulation, control and exploitation of Earth's humanity and resources is the game that is played.

The Gulf disaster was far more than a simple man-made situation. Many now understand the myriad diabolical reasons. Wars and nuclear testing have nothing whatever to do with the common population of this earth. These are driven by the military industrial complex, which has nothing whatever to do with the common population. Overfishing is caused by over-indulgence, which is caused by wrong teachings and conditionings of the human population. Forest clearings, in some cases, have to do with survival. In other cases, it has to do with over-indulgence. In short, there exist many reasons for our current situational position that have more to do with entrenched conditional teachings that more is better, than mere human irresponsibility. This is why I would say that a 10% human responsibility for the ecosystem is appropriate.

Quote Climate change is a big thing, and it sure is global, but I think it is important to understand that although the climate is shifting due to natural cycles, we humans have stuffed up this planet’s ecosystem pretty badly and it is definitely having an affect on the survival of many species (including our own). We need to take responsibility for that. And ultimately, we will all need to clean it up before we can move on. <end rant>
    We DO need to take responsibilities upon ourselves for the majority of our actions, some of which do not stem from ourselves. I have linked the first of a 5-part video/audio, where A.C. Griffith explains precisely what I am referring to here. I highly recommend this information. This isn't just about Chemtrails, as heinous as they are, but also an explanation about Other diabolical forces at work against our populations. And, from many indicators, Mother Earth may well be the one to perform her own housecleaning.

BTW, my favorite Smiley is the 'rant'.

From the 'Earth crack a mystery' thread-Observer #13

Power Hour, The (with Joyce Riley) - Ex Government Employee Talks About CHEMTRAILS -

Purpose of Chemtrails Part 1 (of 5)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hesBizPRBoU
    Last edited by Snowbird; 16th October 2010 at 13:55. Reason: video link was not working-is now
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

14. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)

The Gulf disaster was far more than a simple man-made situation. Many now understand the myriad diabolical reasons. Wars and nuclear testing have nothing whatever to do with the common population of this earth. These are driven by the military industrial complex, which has nothing whatever to do with the common population. Overfishing is caused by over-indulgence, which is caused by wrong teachings and conditionings of the human population. Forest clearings, in some cases, have to do with survival. In other cases, it has to do with over-indulgence. In short, there exist many reasons for our current situational position that have more to do with entrenched conditional teachings that more is better, than mere human irresponsibility. This is why I would say that a 10% human responsibility for the ecosystem is appropriate.

I’m having trouble accepting this part. Perhaps I am looking at things in far too simplistic terms, so let me outline the way I originally saw things below. Then we can pick it to pieces afterwards:

It is humanity which created the ‘wrong teachings’ (and continues to reinforce them). We are the ones who are over-indulgent and we also have the collective power to curb our excessive consumption. We do not really need all of the luxuries we currently enjoy, but we find it difficult to change our behaviours and voluntarily go without certain things. We are the ones taking axes to forests so we can grow even more burger meat for McDonalds (a flippant example perhaps, but you get the idea). We all have it in our power to NOT do any of these things, but we choose to do so, presumably because it is easier / more comfortable than sustainable alternatives. We choose to consume the items produced from unsustainable or morally questionable processes, thereby validating and perpetuating the actions which produce those products. We’ve become used to an unsustainable lifestyle, and we have conditioned ourselves to believe this is our right to live this way.

Simply put, we are a bunch of greedy little humans and we have to accept it, regardless of who poured strange chemicals into our DNA long ago. We know this, and we have to power to change our programming, and that is why I say that we are therefore responsible not only for our actions, but for taking every conceivable opportunity to prevent this situation from continuing.

So, having said all that, I’m still not sure if I understand the point you are making on why you would say that we are only 10% responsible. Are you saying it is because humanity is being manipulated from external forces to behave this way? If I understand you correctly, our very understanding of reality is / has been tainted by direct control of information, knowledge and awareness. It would therefore follow that the average human is operating from an extremely limited understanding of his or her environment and is unable to see things beyond the simplistic model I described above. Did I get that right?

I’m not sure if I’m making any sense. I think I’ve just confused myself!!

15. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Home - Documentary

Hi everyone,

Some time after I had writen my book, a friend of mine told me to watch the documentary "Home". This work is something very special, something made to show that you're connected to the nature, to the planet, that you really are the nature.
    If you didn't see yet, I fully recomend!

The link for de Documentary "Home" on Youtube:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to icmotta For This Post:

John Parslow (10th November 2010)

17. Link to Post #15
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Hi Tint,

Quote Posted by tintagelcave (here)
    http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html
    Hi there, to balance the disturbing events that are going on today, here's a beautiful tribute to our planet: Home
    Just finished watching it in two parts, interrupted briefly in between by my focused draining of a mixer-sized bowl of home-made soup.

Stunning visuals!

I have two feelings about the documentary. One, it's a well-crafted artful production that contains profound wisdom (in abundance). Two, it contains same old PTB misdirects (in equal abundance). Watching the movie was almost a simulated schizophrenic experience for me, e.g. two realities sharing the same mindspace.

Of course, if you look at the sponsors, it's heavy on corporate money.

Positives: there is still time for the planet to be saved.

Negatives: every effect has a cause; IMHO, the documentary fails to properly identify the cause(s)

There`s a lot more I can get into here, e.g. documentary's presentation of renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, and water (implied); but stunning omission of free energy, e.g. Tesla-technologies ... but I will wait and see how this thread progresses.

ps:
    "it's too late to be a pessimist" - Glenn Close's voice
    "it's too early to be an optimist" - my contrarian voice
    Last edited by Zook; 10th November 2010 at 17:20.

18. Link to Post #16
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Zookumar:
    Quote I have two feelings about the documentary. One, it's a well-crafted artful production that contains profound wisdom (in abundance). Two, it contains same old PTB misdirects (in equal abundance). Watching the movie was almost a simulated schizophrenic experience for me, e.g. two realities sharing the same mindspace.
    Hey Zookumar, I am as sirius as lighthearted and there's a broad rainbowspectrum in between
    Brace yourself, I am also a king's jester and I think you love to be one too,
    but...heavens....anybody who's jester to you, you being king or not.... will have a hard time......I am afraid

How's that for starters, hmmmm?
    Don't be nice nice to me, Zookumar, I can handle tough servings, it's good excersise
    Trying to disarm you before we start...ha ha.... ahem...do you know what you're up to....are you sure....Tint? Hmmmm?
    Just talking to myself, in case you didn't notice, Zookumar

Now, about the documentary, Home, I share only one of the two feelings you experienced, Zookumar,
    the beauty side of it. Nowadays, I don't really care what the PTB or BS News, dark Illuminati,
    or what's it called, serve to our minds, there's more and more complicated schemes being planned
    and it's like a machinery that is screwing itself up in a complete stand still, and it will...... stand still.
    I stepped completely out of that world of madness, as I understand the general pattern now,
    since studying their presence for 15 years, at least.

I am not so arrogant as to say I KNOW everything and I am also not so naive as to say
    there's no evil games played out on many levels, on this planet...or even out there....
    But I've chosen to not invest in those games and only invest in creation through the heart, Zookumar.
    I prefer to have a bruise on my soul, rather then not being able to feel I have one.

Quote ps:
    "it's too late to be a pessimist" - Glenn Close's voice
    "it's too early to be an optimist" - my contrarian voice
    Well, I am an optimist, always been, Zookumar.
    And that's by choice, I know and experience that I create my life
    and once that is experienced there is no other way then....to create my life

The quote at the end of this post is part of my post on the thread "So, what will mid november bring us?"
    It's my best expression of how I choose to go through life now, Zookumar, I love to be all facets of being human:
    vulnerable and playfully powerful, and all that is in between, which seems to be huge.
    I take full responsibility for my life and so.....

Drunvalo
    Quote Once life is aware of your awakening, it will assist you; then once you have begun to awaken, life will use you to further unfold it. Do you remember?
    This line is one of my favorites

My intention and vote for this year, on my birthday, New Year,
    was to show the world my true face and express all that I am and will be,
    once stepping on that path. It's the reason why I change my Avatar and profile picture lots of time,
    at this moment....going through phases and faces.
    I am reborn within this lifetime, without having to go through physical birth again.....how convenient....
    ha ha.........quite intense though, cause I have to be my own father and mother in this!

Well, I guess I introduced myself here somewhat I believe, Zookumar, so you know where I come from
    and I've noticed my bringing up of the subject: us being the creator of our reality.
    this is a kind of follow up...from our discussion on the "last post" of Viking. Blessed be, Zookumar

Quote Many of you have great imagination and become awake now....not NOW here..... or maybe so, but in general.
    That's how we can become co-creators. There's always witnesses too, of course.
    The best way to support lady Gaia in her birthing, is by being happy for no reason.
    Lady Gaia is birthing and she's both in extacy and pain, with her great dream becoming true.
    Her child is the third aspect of Holy Trinity: A man...... A woman...A child.
    Divine love and Earth's love merging and birthing an Earth-Starchild.

Leave the speculations behind and open up to a whole lot of LOVE, in whatever way you desire.
    We are invited to let go of control and action plans, strategies, let lady Gaya lead the way.
    Take care of her, grow crops, build your own homes, work with your hands, use your feet, dance, make love.
    Eat, drink, smoke pot for God's sake...ha ha..ahem.....but DO something?
    Share jokes, smiles, tears and teasing, take care or yourself in the most glorious way.

Think for a moment and ask yourself "What is it that I deserve? What is it that I really want to give to myself?"
    If anything is possible, what's your first action? Don't hesitate and start giving yourself exactly that and each other.
    No matter how crazy or fantastic, be creative and playfull. Dare to be as crazy as a monkey, funny as a lark, a king's jester, a clown.
    Try to find all of your faces and express them, they are all valuble to be expressed.
    That's the best thing to do, for now.
    There are almost no words to describe what changes will come and how they will shape our reality.

The feminine way is the path of experience and intuition. We have to learn to trust and go one step at a time.
    Every day is a day to live fully and it's name or number doesn't count, women know that, they are wise.
    We can treasure life and honor lady Gaia in that surrender to what is, being who you and I truly are.
    Within ourselves is the masculine and feminine energy, combined they are the ground on which to manifest our co-creation,
    the birthing of a New Earth. As Kiesha Crowther says "We are the rainbow people"
    We are the daring ones who have chosen to be here on crucial moments in time, experienced in many facets of the crystal,
    that is a metaphor for the Creation of Life through Consciousness and Love.

Lady Gaia loves us tremendously, I feel very much loved by her and she loves us to express that.
    In the most glorious and pleasurable way, sharing with others. What on Earth do we need more, hmmmm?
    It's always a two way event: it is our intention and attention, that is used purposefully, resulting in the shape of our reality,
    I believe. Matter follows spirt. It starts with US, Lightwarriors.

We haven't a reference to really grasp the impact of this new extatic love, that is generated by lady Gaia.
    We are NOW in the middle of great change, but how can we deal with it, other then EXPERIENCE and JOY?
    Be fearful with a wide open heart, be angered, white hot blazing and tearful even in that.
    Life is meant to be all included, cause it's shaped and created by Love and Consciousness, the yin/yang of the Cosmos.
    We step in unknown territory...on unknown Terra https://youtube.com/watch?v=hqhNPY882kE Persian poem by Rumi
    Last edited by Victoria Tintagel; 10th November 2010 at 22:00. Reason: text format

+ Reply to Thread