United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Default Re: The Lost Gospels

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by kreagle (here)

The Gospel has never been lost, .....just you

true God is not lost nor the Gospel

but both have become radical in our societies because Satan is behind the rulers of governments

don't believe me ? it's in the Gospel

besides it makes sense
    You are certainly correct, RedeZra. People don't fully understand how radical they can become when they either refuse or fail to recognize their essential need of the "New Birth" experience that Jesus spoke about to Nicodemus in John chapter 3. The Holy Ghost is our essential guide into all truth, and without Him we will all ultimately veer off the chosen pathway of Life to one of complete destruction and doom.

John 16:12-14
    King James Version (KJV)

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

HORIZONS (9th January 2012), RedeZra (10th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Default Re: The Lost Gospels

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    I reckon that the message in the Gospel of Thomas was dangerous for the early churches (yes, there were many christian churches early in the first millennium CE, all with their own beliefs and understandings). The message needed to be "edited out of history" otherwise their main methods of control would have been diluted. Without a central control structure people can not be easily manipulated into giving up their power.

The Gospel According to Thomas, commonly shortened to the Gospel of Thomas, is a well preserved early Christian, non-canonical sayings-gospel which many scholars believe provides insight into the oral gospel traditions. It was discovered near Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in December 1945, in one of a group of books known as the Nag Hammadi library. The Gospel of Thomas was found among a collection of fifty-two writings that included, in addition to an excerpt from Plato's Republic, gospels claiming to have been written by Jesus' disciple Philip. Scholars have speculated that the works were buried in response to a letter from Bishop Athanasius who for the first time declared a strict canon of Christian scripture.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (2nd December 2020), pueblo (2nd December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2