+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How the Church of Scientology declares war on ex-members

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: How the Church of Scientology declares war on ex-members

Quote Posted by justpeter (here)
    Yes, I agree about Marty but there is more to his story. Just before he made those strange videos he and his wife were involved in a long-running court case where his wife was suing the CofS for harrassment. The CofS had been fair-gaming the Rathbuns because Marty was speaking out against them and the Rathbuns decided to fight back through the courts.

The CofS did what they usually do when involved in a court case - they used high-powered lawyers to drag it out for as long as possible in the hope that their opponents run out of money. Then, all of a sudden, the Rathbuns ditched the case and blamed their lawyers. Thus their lawyers didn't get paid as they were working on the basis that they would receive payment upon successful completion of the case.

Very soon after, Marty started producing these videos where he seemed to be defending the CofS and slamming the critics of the CofS.

Of course he doesn't admit to being paid-off but there doesn't seem to be any other explanation. The CofS would much prefer to end a case like this where their opponents' lawyers don't get paid and also no judgement is made against the CofS.

Anyway, whatever happened, Marty has lost a lot of friends over this.
    Jon Zegel, whose audio tapes hugely influenced the "great schism" of the 1980s, made one last audio tape -- a pro-Church of Scientology tape. This was after some kind of legal tangle with the CofS. I remember the audio was slightly speeded up, perhaps to make it sound more enthusiastic.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2020), Chester (15th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Tam (21st January 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Most interestingly of all for me, it shows ex-Church deputy CEO [my equivalent term] Mark 'Marty' Rathbun looking and behaving exactly like a shell-shocked Vietnam vet with PTSD. Watching him closely is why I wanted to see the film again.
    He also looks like a walking "missed withhold" (guilty conscience) and someone with a lot of "ev purps" (evil purposes, which were supposed to have been erased in expanded Dianetics).

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Tam (21st January 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Most interestingly of all for me, it shows ex-Church deputy CEO [my equivalent term] Mark 'Marty' Rathbun looking and behaving exactly like a shell-shocked Vietnam vet with PTSD. Watching him closely is why I wanted to see the film again.
    He also looks like a walking "missed withhold" (guilty conscience) and someone with a lot of "ev purps" (evil purposes, which were supposed to have been erased in expanded Dianetics).
    Yes, he really does. He's not in good shape.

But that can be understood and empathized with. Many people who were in the Church and who left even many years ago are still carrying around a great deal of strong feeling, confusion, and emotional charge that's never been handled to this day.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (16th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), James (15th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), Yoda (15th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Probably what is a little known bit of information about Hubbard is revealed in Dark Journalist's latest entry, starting at 12 minutes in here:

Also posted here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1332004
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Joe (18th January 2020), Matthew (5th April 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), TomKat (18th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Probably what is a little known bit of information about Hubbard is revealed in Dark Journalist's latest entry, starting at 12 minutes in here:
    That's very, very interesting. Whatever Caddy says can certainly be taken to the bank.

It's only a brief section, starting at 12:22, and refers to how CIA asset Robert Merritt was given an assignment to get close to Hubbard via a honeytrap (another CIA asset, a "beautiful girl from Georgia") who was set up to have a sexual relationship with him — which all worked as planned for a 6 month period after which "the assignment was completed".

This seems to at least partly correlate with this, a little-known report that suggests that after that time, Hubbard was never the same again.
    Hubbard's Missing 10 Months

On 4 December 1972, L. Ron Hubbard was abducted by agents of the United States government when the plane he was traveling on from Lisbon landed in New York City. Jim Dincalci - a former nurse - and Paul Preston - a former Green Beret - were the only two people with him when it occurred.

LRH was "gone" for ten months, until mid-September 1973 when he "returned" to Flag.

It is Dincalci's testimony that during this MISSING TEN MONTHS, LRH was "hiding out" in Queens, New York - with only Dincalci and Preston as witnesses - and that during this period LRH purportedly wrote the project that launched "Snow White." [The Church's planned infiltration of the FBI, which was later busted and resulted in 11 senior scientologists going to prison, including Mary Sue Hubbard, Hubbard's wife.]

It is unknown whether LRH was replaced by a "ringer" during that ten months, or was PDHed [brainwashed by Pain-Drug-Hypnosis] and made dependent on pharmaceuticals. What is known is that after his "return," he was never remotely the same, that he never again gave another extemporaneous lecture (which he had done for the twenty-two years prior), and that he never personally wrote another Scientology book.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th January 2020 at 14:05.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (20th January 2020), Billy (20th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), happyuk (18th January 2020), Matthew (28th May 2021), onawah (18th January 2020), Satori (20th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), Tintin (18th January 2020), TomKat (18th January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), Yoda (19th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

I've shared Bill's post above here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1332072
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Tam (21st January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

It is always possible they got a "ringer" to substitute for LRH. It could of occurred several times.
    I do know of people that did get trained by LRH personally in 1975. He did a series of lectures in fine form back then.

I do know a person that took care of LRH in the early 80's to mid 80's. She thought she was taking care of LRH. She would have dinner with him often.
    I do know that the IRS still thought he was alive. I saw a refund check from the IRS made out to LRH.

But I also know that many agencies were VERY interested in him. It doesn't matter much really. The tech works extremely well. Some groups make it a policy to shut off the tech at 1980, I don't. I have audited both ways. Prior to 1980 and after and I find the later tech more accurate and faster.

The organization got much more suppressive in the early 1980's, under Miscaviage's rule, and is basically a cult now. Not any better than any other religion or new age group on the planet.

So far I haven't been been hassled too much from the current church, being a highly trained OT that is still quite active auditing. If they do I'll get quite active and make a lot of noise on tv shows or something. And of course play the legal game with them. They hold a poor deck of cards actually.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Matthew (28th May 2021), onawah (21st January 2020), Satori (20th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), wegge (20th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    It is always possible they got a "ringer" to substitute for LRH.
    After I wrote my last post above, I watched this video. It's an interesting interview with Janis Gillham Grady, who's written two books (and nearly finished a third) about her fascinating experiences working extremely closely and personally with Hubbard over a number of years in the 1970s.

Ron Miscavige (the show host, and David Miscavige's father) asks Janis at 25:22 whether Hubbard could possibly have been replaced. Janis emphatically states that didn't happen — at least, not when Hubbard was in the US before he returned to the ship.

(Janis's two excellent books) —>

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th January 2020 at 23:18.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (20th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (20th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), justpeter (20th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), TomKat (20th January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), Yoda (20th January 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

Peter Moon is also about to release a new book on the topic.

„L. Ron Hubbard - The Tao of Insanity“

I remember reading some early pages, something that Hubbard might have had an stint in some psychiatric facility even before Scientology started. But that’s just a shot from memory, yet I think it will have a new angle.

Description from Peter Moon:

L. RON HUBBARD — The Tao of Insanity
    by Peter Moon
    For over a half century, countless people have suffered severe misadventures after encountering the mysterious legacy of L. Ron Hubbard and his ever puzzling brain- child: Scientology, a subject that continues to intrigue, baffle and perplex the public as well as the many critics it has attracted. The only way something can remain so persistently mysterious and powerful is that the underlying occult factors beneath it are not understood. Once they are understood, it will no longer be a puzzle. L. RON HUB- BARD — THE TAO OF INSANITY imparts a major paradigm shift as it delves deeply into the hidden underpinnings of this man and his mission to reveal deeper insights into the rich tapestry he operated in that put him at the center of so much intrigue that surrounded key players in the military industrial complex such as Robert Heinlein, Jack Parsons, and Marjorie Cameron and the occult imprint that was placed upon them all. It is an imprint, however, that if truly understood, conveys an unrelenting hope and promise that is a constituent part of all life.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), justpeter (20th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Peter Moon is also about to release a new book on the topic.

"L. Ron Hubbard - The Tao of Insanity“
    That's very interesting. Peter Moon's real name is Vince Barbaric, and he was on the Apollo, in the Sea Org, when LRH was there. He wrote about the whole thing in his book The Montauk Book of the Dead.

That was a terrible title! (And a terrible book cover. ) But the book itself is excellent, a biographical account of his time in scientology.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Billy (20th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Tam (21st January 2020), wegge (20th January 2020), Yoda (20th January 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

@Bill

Yes I read it when you suggested it like 8 years ago, it was an amazing inside look.
    And what an intense real name, thanks for sharing!

I have to say I admire Peter, he’s a real adventure hunter.
    He has been around 12 times to Romania, which is the place his latest book series centers around.

Are you aware of any things going on in Romania, Bill? Like the mysteries surrounding their Sphinx and possible underground paths and much more?

Here is Peter‘s recent newsletter from today, which mentions the Hubbard book project and several others: https://s3.amazonaws.com/kajabi-stor..._version_A.pdf
    Last edited by wegge; 20th January 2020 at 12:11.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Anka (21st January 2020), Bill Ryan (20th January 2020), Billy (20th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), EFO (23rd January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (20th January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

As far as I know related to Peter Moon’s work regarding Projections Hall beneath Bucegi Mountains,most of his informations came from Romanian writer Radu Cinamar of which you are familiar,but going deeper,this could be a story stretched back to the ‘70s,when the late dowser Vasile Rudan,initiatied a group of gifted children with special abilities.All gone well until Romania leadership of that time found out about his work and ask him to create a department of extrasensory people.
    In time,things became so messy and “accidents” happen in such manner that the same Romanian leadership decided to close this department as Vasile Rudan stated.

If this was only a diversion of him to cover the activity of Department Zero or not,I don’t know.Other interesting informations about the subject could be also found at Gen. Emil Strainu

and/or Iuri Floroiu

Altough if someone would try to understand what exactly really mean what’s beneath Bucegi Mountains,should find the truth in Romanian myths,legends,strange writtings emedded in stones,ruined megalithic structures and available historic sources,regarding Luana’s Country,Ceahlau Mountain,Retezat Mountain,Bicaz Lake,some caves in Dobrogea,Hyperboreeans and Pelasgians,gugulan community from Caras-Severin county or other interesting places in Romania which,not only from my point of view,are a lot of them.

Leaving a side political,economic,cultural,religious and other possible interest /implications, we always find in these myths and legends a small piece of truth.
    And all this to be just human.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2020), Billy (21st January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), EFO (23rd January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020), Pam (21st January 2020), Tam (21st January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020), wegge (21st January 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kajabi-stor..._Chapter_1.pdf

That‘s the first Chapter of Peter Moon‘s new book on Hubbard, which seems to be released next week.

Chapter is titled the Funny Farm

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Anka (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (30th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), EFO (30th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020), James Newell (31st January 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

I have read the 1st chapter of Moon's book, and it got my attention. I may give Peter a comm, I like guys like this.

LRH talks a bit about his travels in Asia in his tapes and weaves it in and out while giving tech datums on the mind and spirit. Real Scientology training was never boring, until Miscavaige came in.

What Hubbard thought of mysticism, and people he met in Asia as a kid, he talks often how he studied it in the training tapes lectures and some of his books:" If you want to get real sadistic, just get mystic." quote, Route to infinity lecture series, I guess he learned something with his stint with Parsons.

Hubbard was always saying that his opinions are his but the tech was not his opinions. He always stressed he tried to separate himself from the tech research. The tech as far as I can observe still works quite well after applying it faithfully since 1974.

The data in his basic books are still word for word some of the most important data mankind has had to date.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020), wegge (31st January 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    I have read the 1st chapter of Moon's book, and it got my attention. I may give Peter a comm, I like guys like this.

LRH talks a bit about his travels in Asia in his tapes and weaves it in and out while giving tech datums on the mind and spirit. Real Scientology training was never boring, until Miscavaige came in.

What Hubbard thought of mysticism, and people he met in Asia as a kid, he talks often how he studied it in the training tapes lectures and some of his books:" If you want to get real sadistic, just get mystic." quote, Route to infinity lecture series, I guess he learned something with his stint with Parsons.

Hubbard was always saying that his opinions are his but the tech was not his opinions. He always stressed he tried to separate himself from the tech research. The tech as far as I can observe still works quite well after applying it faithfully since 1974.

The data in his basic books are still word for word some of the most important data mankind has had to date.
    Who does the Church of Scientology hate more than the "squirrels?" People like James, delivering "standard tech" outside of the Church (not that I believe in standard tech any more).

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st February 2020), Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote Posted by nsb (here)
    The original OT levels did and do still work. If you compare them with the later versions, you'll notice that the abilities gained and inabilities lost are not even comparable
    The original OT levels were nothing like the later ones. The later ones were "negative gain," that is, erasing obstacles. The earlier ones were far more interesting and practical but, alas, did not deliver anything beyond fleeting glimpses of "super powers." I noticed quite a difference between the early and later OTs. The early OTs had done a lot more "clearing" (power, R6ew) than the later Dianetic Clears who did the later OT levels.

As to Class 8, that was, according to John McMaster, an effort by Hubbard to brainwash the top practitioners into becoming less creative, more robotic, in their practice of scientology. Before I even met McMaster, I was always struck by how creative Class 6 graduates were with scientology, as opposed to the Class 8s, who are all about "standard tech."

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2020), Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

[QUOTE=nsb;1338004]
    Quote What I've found is that the later OT levels would not have been necessary if people had completed OT 3. All the negative case gain that people got from the later levels would have already been done if Dianetics and not NED had been in use, which then, they could have worked on straight case-gain on the proceeding original levels 4-7 (in the positive sense of ability).
    If the last 50 years have taught us anything, it's that no one ever completes OT3.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

The common quote we hear about a Class VIII, is that they have been trained to: the "definite level or degree of quality, which is proper and adequate for a specific purpose". Class VIII's (and anyone for that matter) have the freedom to use what they know, by just this phrase of standardized application. All this means is that a person going by the idea of standard tech is someone who brings forth the most maximum benefits for a person they are trying to help, with the most relevancy to their case; while adhering to the subjects, Dianetics and Scientology.
    Or maybe just thinks they are achieving that? Let's face it, Scientology is a self-validating belief system box with all exits sealed. Standard tech requires a Standard Client. When the highly esteemed "standard tech" fails, of course, it's the client's fault.
    Last edited by TomKat; 27th February 2020 at 00:50.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), justpeter (27th February 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Quote What I've found is that the later OT levels would not have been necessary if people had completed OT 3. All the negative case gain that people got from the later levels would have already been done if Dianetics and not NED had been in use, which then, they could have worked on straight case-gain on the proceeding original levels 4-7 (in the positive sense of ability).
    If the last 50 years have taught us anything, it's that no one ever completes OT3.
    Well, maybe not in the Church. I completed OT3 in about a week or so at the AAC in Edinburgh in 1986, under Mike Wray as Senior C/S there. I never looked back on that. I then did OT5 for maybe 20-30 hours, and after that went straight on to Bill Robertson's Excalibur which took a further 3 months or so. Everything worked perfectly.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th June 2023), Forest Denizen (5th June 2020), Gracy (27th February 2020), Michi (27th February 2020), Yoda (27th February 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I completed OT3 in about a week or so at the AAC in Edinburgh in 1986, under Mike Wray as Senior C/S there. I never looked back on that. I then did OT5 for maybe 20-30 hours, and after that went straight on to Bill Robertson's Excalibur which took a further 3 months or so. Everything worked perfectly.
    Two quick questions Bill. How many OT levels have you completed, and how many are available?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast