+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jubilee 2012/ forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,407 times in 5,730 posts

Default Jubilee 2012/ forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors

Forgiveness is to me not a theologic but an energetic practice . We claim Forgiveness for ourselves and for others that literally unhooks us from the past. I think creating a clean slate is the only way we really may move forward in a way that does not replicate the past. In looking at Forgiveness on a collective level, I was reminded of the process known as The Jubilee. Every generation, debt is completely forgiven and the slaves may all return home as freed men and women.

In religious history, As a time of Grace, the Jubilee Year provided an opportunity to stop, to listen and to consider and to enact forgiveness. It marked an occasion—what theologians call a kairos moment—to ask what we should forgive, whom we should forgive (and from whom we should ask forgiveness) and how we should forgive? In ancient times, as documented in the bible in Leviticus, it was an established Year once a generation (50 years).

I am personally envisioning a 2012 Jubilee of complete debt forgiveness. 2012 is the ideal time to have deep conversation regarding the practical issues (as in the call from the Occupy movement for fairness in the system of money debt). People are stymied by debt slavery. They are crushed by personal upside down debt (one that cannot be repaid in the given circumstance: as a student loan, a mortgage, credit extended in a boom time now bust). Ordinary debt hampers movement. Belief in debt's benefit belies its reality.

New commerce and business is stymied by the lack of resources but debt does not answer the problem. The system is fractured and small business is unable to even accrue debt. Yet businesses that might soon prosper fail again when debt cannot be repaid "in a timely manner". Decsisions based on debt breed desperation, corners cut and short range vision.

The matter of debt is also philosophical and personal. How do we forgive ourselves and one another and create a forgiveness based society? Do we deeply believe debt must always be repaid in full?

There has been past “forgiveness’ of debt already employed politically with various repercussions where some have enjoyed the benefits and not all. We can look to the mid to late 20th century at episodes where whole country’s debt was forgiven. Then there are current “bail outs which was just shuffling of debt from one segment of society to another (banks to taxpayers). This does not even begin to touch the current information available about the system itself of money being “just debt”. Debt is obviously not a “given” but an agreement. Agreements can be changed.

Forgiveness is also about release of past wrongs, hatreds and is healing of old wounds held deep in the social and personal fabric of our collective and personal bodies. The knowing that energy wasted in servicing debt is blocking the life force is brimming up from the hearts of those who choose to see a new earth.

We may feel afraid as we wonder what can be done ? Though we long to replace a mentality of superiority (I am owed) and suspicion (They owe me) with one of reconciliation (clearing the ledgers to zero), the burden seems huge and intractable. In the mean time, personal lives are suffering and our world seems shattered by intractible war (on all levels). The system has broken down and the walls are closing in around us.

What should we forgive? The first response to this question is, quite simply, "everything we can." That answer is a sobering reminder that in extreme cases, we may feel that the debt is impossible to forgive. We might think a debt owed is “too important” and we feel unable to forgive, or conversely that we cannot ask for forgiveness,

Religious instruction may ask us initially to leave forgiveness to God or, perhaps better, hand forgiveness over to God to hold for us until we are ready and able to forgive. In some instances, forgiveness may take a long time because the harm done is so great that simply staying alive and sane takes precedence. In other instances, we may be able to grant forgiveness immediately? Forgiveness is never easy. Each day it must be embraced, perhaps struggled for, and accepted.

But we have seen the way the legacy of debt has enslaved us all. No generation, no family, no nation should be condemned to perpetual debt from one era to the next. Fifty years is long enough. That is the underpinning of the ancient practice of the Jubilee

"Forgive what?" receives priority: A Jubilee calls for forgiveness and, more accurately, release and cancellation of debt. A one time and whole sale forgiveness seems a monumental though amazingly hopeful place to start. Even so, once does not seem enough. The bigger question is how to create a social order that balances the needs and the desires of all to thrive and does not accumulate further debt on all levels?

Whom should we forgive (and from whom should we ask forgiveness)? The answer includes our families, those with a family-like or intimate connection to us; the people our people have harmed and, on occasion, ourselves. Who is not our family?

How shall we forgive? Some answers from religious instruction are: when it is time, by pilgrimage and by ritual. These are the moments, places and means of renewal.

Debt Slavery is a state of being tied down to the service of a debt. It could be personal when we cannot release a grievance. Perhaps we cannot move forward due to our own inner inability to forgive? It can be social with ties to old ways of being. It can be commercial with debts we once agreed to carry and can no longer pay in the old way.

Slavery to our indebtedness reverberates and is always past energetic accumulation holding us down. The issue is much larger and more intangible than one can even begin to describe in a few sentences. However, debt on all levels is a very important logjam to redress. Let’s discuss the ways the idea hits us and together think into a future of freedom form debt from the individual and radiating out into the ONE.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Carpathian (8th February 2012), Dennis Leahy (15th February 2012), GlassSteagallfan (7th February 2012), haibane (3rd October 2012), Herbert (8th February 2012), kreagle (12th October 2012), Maia Gabrial (8th February 2012), mojo (13th February 2012), NeverMind (8th February 2012), nomadguy (3rd October 2012), seko (8th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Re: Jubilee 2012/ forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors

I'm all for debt forgiveness.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

NeverMind (8th February 2012), seko (8th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Forgiveness is to me not a theologic but an energetic practice . We claim Forgiveness for ourselves and for others that literally unhooks us from the past. I think creating a clean slate is the only way we really may move forward in a way that does not replicate the past. In looking at Forgiveness on a collective level, I was reminded of the process known as The Jubilee. Every generation, debt is completely forgiven and the slaves may all return home as freed men and women.

In religious history, As a time of Grace, the Jubilee Year provided an opportunity to stop, to listen and to consider and to enact forgiveness. It marked an occasion—what theologians call a kairos moment—to ask what we should forgive, whom we should forgive (and from whom we should ask forgiveness) and how we should forgive? In ancient times, as documented in the bible in Leviticus, it was an established Year once a generation (50 years).
    I have never heard of this Jubilee Year before, and I love the idea of it! Thank you so much for posting this

Not meaning to hijack the thread (because this is more personal than financial forgiveness), but as much as I have tried to forgive people in the past (and leave to God to forgive), I have been relatively unsuccessful. I do think this year (if it is, indeed, a year of special significance) would be a great time to work on this issue. Is this Jubilee Year something we could possibly organize here on the Forum?

Again, I apologize for diverging from the point of your point. Thanks again!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Delight (8th February 2012), NeverMind (8th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Carpathian;422838]
    Not meaning to hijack the thread (because this is more personal than financial forgiveness), but as much as I have tried to forgive people in the past (and leave to God to forgive), I have been relatively unsuccessful. I do think this year (if it is, indeed, a year of special significance) would be a great time to work on this issue. Is this Jubilee Year something we could possibly organize here on the Forum?
    Hi Carpathian,
    YES that would be fantastic... orgamized request for debts to be forgiven practically and personally in enactment of a global Jubilee.
    Why not? Forgive it Forward.
    That doesn't mean it is an easy endeavor... the point is that freedom is supported when we are no longer enslaved by debt.
    It isn't easy. Like that U2 song. "Walk On".
    "Love is not an easy thing.
    The only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind....."
    This idea of the Jubilee THIS YEAR is beautiful because of all of the synchronisticities of 2012.
    And what better time to ask that we be no longer indebted.
    But it is a really BROAD topic that starts where "the buck stops (hehe) here" with us. Delight

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Carpathian (9th February 2012), NeverMind (8th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I totally agree, it's funny how the west has a Christian majority and the world bank being a western creation holds debt as leverage to maintain control. Is forgiveness not a cornerstone of christian belief? The notion of forgiveness has not even been given serious consideration in our finance based society. I have a feeling modern Greece would be in favor of a modern "jubilee" of sorts.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scarletfire For This Post:

Delight (8th February 2012), NeverMind (8th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Hi Carpathian,
    YES that would be fantastic... orgamized request for debts to be forgiven practically and personally in enactment of a global Jubilee.
    That doesn't mean it is an easy endeavor... the point is that freedom is supported when we are no longer enslaved by debt.
    This idea of the Jubilee THIS YEAR is beautiful because of all of the synchronisticities of 2012.
    But it is a really BROAD topic that starts where "the buck stops (hehe) here" with us. Delight

It is a WONDERFUL idea, and truly inspiring, because it is practical, in more than one sense.
    It is doable NOW, and puts the concept of love to the test: unless love is put into practice, here and now - no excuses - it is no love at all.

Quote Why not? Forgive it Forward.
    Indeed. Why not?
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Delight (9th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Hi Carpathian,
    Delight,

Wonderful! I would love to be involved in this endeavor! And I certainly DO agree that forgiveness (of any type) is incredibly difficult to achieve...but it is something I do want, so I continue to try

Do you know where we might get more information about the old Jubilee? I would love to read what they did to accomplish forgiveness - maybe I can learn a thing or two! ;-)

Thank you again for posting this, it was very much appreciated!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Delight (15th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Hello,
    Forgiveness (which is to me clearing the obstacles to the state of love without conditions) IS THE BIG deal for me too. It seems as though there are layers and layers to the process and the old unforgiven literally is lodged in my body. If we are really fractal (as above so below, as within so without), I think that the "levels" personal and planetary must reflect upon another. Indebtedness is maintained by being unable/unwilling to forgive and is seen on every level.

I feel that the process of forgiveness is actually dissolving of energy. It helps to actually learn to feel the energy in the body.

I recently started an energy process work that has been awesome. It is so simple and yet the most effective way to feel one's energy body. Then one can begin to feel the stuck energy. I'd like to share it's existence in case you might look into it. The method is described at the bottom of the page. You could read it and do it, have someone read it, maybe tape it. Tobias has a nice download if you want to purchase it but all the info is there to do it.

http://www.soulcounseling.com/Sedona...akening%20.php

Here are a couple of references to the ancient Jubilee practicebelow to look at.

"Thus there are three distinct factors constituting the essential features of the Jubilee Year: personal liberty, restitution of property, and what we might call the simple life."

http://www.bible-history.com/isbe/J/JUBILEE+YEAR/

"As a corollary to “the Laws of Nature and Nature’s God”, in ancient times, Mankind solved the
    problem of the inequitable division of land and natural resources via a periodic declaration of
    economic renewal known as the Jubilee Year. In Leviticus 25:23, Almighty God says “The land
    shall not be sold forever, for the land is Mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me."
    With this edict from ancient land law--“The land shall not be sold forever”--we are finally
    getting to the source of the worst crime that has ever been committed against the human race:
    the criminal Rich, rent-seeking few have cut-off and deprived most of the human race from
    access to the God-given land and natural resources that all of Mankind needs to live upon."

http://www.thetruthagainsttheworld.n...20Revealed.pdf

Thanks so much for sharing my enthusiasm on this! Delight

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Carpathian (15th February 2012), modwiz (15th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thanks to Ulli, I watched "Mindwalk" and saw this segment on Living Systems Theory.
    It addresses so much in a few minutes.

Maybe there are ideas that are already "around" who's time has finally come, that we can now apply? Delight

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Carpathian (15th February 2012), modwiz (15th February 2012), sdv (26th August 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,861 times in 21,554 posts

Good introduction to Von Bertalanffy's General System Theory. Thanks.

From http://www.trans4mind.com/mind-development/systems.html
    Quote 30 years in advance of other scientists, Bertalanffy became dissatisfied with reductive (merely mechanical) explanations of the behavior of living organisms. Bertalanffy's answer to these observations, was that life is first and foremost a system of self-organization, a developmental unfolding at progressively higher levels of differentiation and organized complexity. These wholes are not reducible to their parts, since the factor of life depends upon the interaction of the parts as a system: the whole is more than the sum of the parts. The organism, moreover, is dynamic, not static, open not closed, and searches spontaneously and actively for stimulation, rather than waiting passively to respond.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Delight (13th February 2012), modwiz (15th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hello,
    If we are really fractal (as above so below, as within so without), I think that the "levels" personal and planetary must reflect upon another. Indebtedness is maintained by being unable/unwilling to forgive and is seen on every level.

I feel that the process of forgiveness is actually dissolving of energy. It helps to actually learn to feel the energy in the body.

I recently started an energy process work that has been awesome. It is so simple and yet the most effective way to feel one's energy body. Then one can begin to feel the stuck energy. I'd like to share it's existence in case you might look into it. The method is described at the bottom of the page. You could read it and do it, have someone read it, maybe tape it. Tobias has a nice download if you want to purchase it but all the info is there to do it.

http://www.soulcounseling.com/Sedona...akening%20.php
    Delight
    Delight,

Thank you so much for this information! This really is fascinating stuff -- I never thought of the axiom "As above, so below" would/could apply fractally to us (I know of the Holographic Universe theory, I just didn't think the ramifications of that statement would/could be applied to us on such a personal level)...it gives me so much to think about!

I will investigate the energy process link you were so nice to include - I have never done energy work before, but (as a novice, so take with a grain of salt ) I have felt that there are certain areas where I am "stuck," and this would certainly help with the identification of that (like you said). I am very excited - thank you again for posting all of this information!

I read the information about the Jubilee Year, and I have no idea it was tied to the church. It seems to be something that only a entity in "power" can "grant" to its citizens But, maybe (like you said) we can work on ourselves this year and, if we are persistent enough, create changes within us that would then be reflected in the world around us. Small changes that contribute to a larger, more dramatic change.

That is my hope, anyway And Mindwalk is one of my favorite movies - I saw it years ago and it blew my mind.

Thanks again!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Delight (15th February 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=72rouApHJPw

The subject of these films, from TheTemplateOrg.com, are wider than "forgiveness", but it is a prominent theme in this one - so I thought I'd share it.

Dennis

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Delight (15th February 2012), modwiz (15th February 2012), nomadguy (3rd October 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I posted this thread with my vision of 100% forgiveness of all debt (slavery of all kinds) in 2012.

When will the jubilee gates open to freedom?
    They are swinging open now.

The conditions favorable to wide open.....
    when intention and surrender make a perfect balance(see Joe Dispenza)
    when we remain relaxed and let our center of gravity rest in the heart mind.
    when our keen brain minds know what Divine wants for us
    And we know that we know because it is exactly what makes us happy

I just KNOW that the Jubilee makes me ecstatic.

Joe Dispenza so clearly describes the way slavery ends for all time.

Joe Dispenza, D.C., studied biochemistry at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J. He has a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in Neuroscience from Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. Dr. Dispenza also received his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree at Life University in Atlanta, Georgia, graduating magna cum laude.

Dr. Dispenza's postgraduate training and continuing education has been in neurology; neuroscience; brain function and chemistry; cellular biology; memory formation; and aging and longevity. He is an invited member of Who's Who in America, an honorary member of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, the recipient of a Clinical Proficiency Citation for clinical excellence in doctor-patient relationships from Life University, and a member of Pi Tau Delta - the International Chiropractic Honor Society.

Over the last 10 years, Dr. Dispenza has lectured in over 17 different countries on six continents educating people about the role and function of the human brain. He has taught thousands of people how to re-program their thinking through scientifically proven neuro-physiologic principles. As a result, this information has taught many individuals to reach their specific goals and visions by eliminating self-destructive habits. His approach, taught in a very simple method, creates a bridge between true human potential and the latest scientific theories of neuroplasticity. He explains how thinking in new ways, as well as changing beliefs, can literally rewire one's brain. The premise of his work is founded in his total conviction that every person on this planet has within them, the latent potential of greatness and true unlimited abilities.

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

YES.... 100% forgiveness of all debt (slavery of all kinds) in 2012!!

Quote Surviving Progress BY ROGER EBERT / May 2, 2012
    Before the rise of Rome, nations and city-states forgave all debt from time to time and started again. I have somewhat simplified that fact from "Surviving Progress," but bear with me. After Rome, debt began to be treated as more durable, and the result was a steady suctioning of wealth to the top. In modern times, that process has been speeded up by the rise of the idea of a corporation, which exists for one purpose: to maximize its own profits.

One of the most efficient means of making money is to create debt. In the buildup to the recent economic collapse, we saw that starkly demonstrated by Wall Street traders who knowingly sold worthless mortgages to their customers, while at the same time creating that debt by encouraging consumers to sign mortgages they had no realistic means of repaying. The traditional banker who wanted to know how you would repay your mortgage was replaced by a new breed that gleefully sold you mortgages it knew you couldn't repay. They made profits on your interest, and then foreclosed on your principal.

"Surviving Progress," a bone-chilling new documentary, argues that the world has financed an unsustainable growth rate by essentially encouraging whole nations to take out unpayable mortgages on their own futures. Brazil is given as an example. Enormous loans are given to the nation, which cannot meet the payments, and is then encouraged to liquefy its own natural assets — the rainforests. When the assets are gone, the wealth will have been taken out in the same process, and corporations will leave behind a drained nation and move on to another loan customer.

I wince while realizing how I have oversimplified the movie's argument. I am really just trying to dramatize the point. All but a very few of us are in debt. We exist as entities who borrow money and spend the rest of our lives making interest payments on a debt tally that never seems to budge. Whatever wealth we have, in labor, property or cash, is suctioned to the top.

That is the basic fact being referred to by the current term "the 1 percenters," and why we are "99 percenters." We exist to have our wealth moved up the economic chain out of our reach.

All of this is justified by "progress." More population, more consumers, more material goods, more cars, highways, housing, retail sales. More franchises, fewer small entrepreneurs. It's even possible to think of war as a way of speeding up the creation of debt. In anything short of total destruction by nuclear war, the top 1 percent on both sides — winners and losers — end up accumulating wealth that the other 99 percent go into debt to create — and often their capital is represented by their own lives. If I die in a war, you have whatever I am worth.

"Surviving Progress" is a bright, entertaining (!), coherent argument in favor of these principles I have simplified so briefly. It's self-evident and tells the truth. It is an irony that the actual victims of the process are often those most in support of it. Think of the opposition to "tree huggers." In Brazil, they are seen as a cause of unemployment in the lumber and logging industries. Actually, they are opposed to the nation essentially tearing its wealth out of the ground and shipping it overseas, resulting not only in unemployment but in devastation.

can see here......
    http://www.movie2k.to/Surviving-Prog...e-1851082.html

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I learned today where some sasafras trees are growing nearby. These woods in North Georgia have many wonderful edible wild herbs. There are people growing all kinds of plants. It rained the last two days and the forest is very moist.
    This is a wonderful world. We must have wanted to feel the energy of being indebted for a good reason. That reason may change when we change our minds.

the goddess was also a Warden
    delivering solace or pardon
    she brewed some green herbs
    to dispell all disturbs
    these potions she grew in her garden

Her first name was known to be Gaia
    A name she received from her Maya
    For what it is worth
    You could also shout "Earth!"
    For sure its a name she'd reply to

Gaia agreed to be warden
    for prisoners waiting for pardon
    Guilts the choice of the men
    who lately came in
    wanting justice so much its a hardon

Justice for pitiful sinners
    Separates losers from winners
    Blame gives you a hunch
    If its not your own punch
    that karma makes sense for beginners

Will the story go on forever
    Neither original, clever
    IT adheres to a script
    And patrons feel gipped
    without massive Heroic endeavor

Will the prisoners change their mind
    Ask "why was all this once designed?"
    Will they let go the fightin'
    let the people unite in
    Forgiveness " let's go home..it's time"

Earth sighs "its all up to you
    You've taken on too much to do"
    Let it go, and you'll see
    how I wanted you free
    no seams that you cannot unglue

Truth throws a rope over the gate
    Patiently lovingly waits and waits
    He wants you to flee
    Whenever that be
    There's no time, its never too late
    Last edited by Delight; 4th September 2013 at 18:31.

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Great thread! I think it deserves a
    Why not now?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Delight (3rd October 2012)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Time to Unslave Humanity

What would YOU do if there was no such thing as money?
    Alan Watts and the Bashar material asks the same question.
    David Icke's 'ad lib' docu re distractions from the question.....

What if Money Was No Object - What would you Do? -

Quote You have the freedom, regardless of what you have been taught, regardless of what you may still believe, you have the freedom at any given to choose who you prefer to be, how you prefer to act, what experience of life you prefer to have that you believe is most representative of the "you" you are... Bashar

David Icke's 'ad lib' docu
    Last edited by Delight; 4th September 2013 at 18:37.

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Employing a healthy blend of science, art and metaphysics, author Simon G. Powell presents a radical new perspective on the meaning and significance of life in this innovative and highly unorthodox documentary. Central to the film is the concept of natural intelligence.

The underlying premise is that our current definitions of what life is, and what evolution represents, fall short of the mark and do Nature a major disservice. Rather than seeing the evolution of life as a dumb and mindless process, Powell proposes that evolution is a naturally smart process in which naturally smart systems of bio-logic are gradually woven into existence. Indeed, the film provides compelling evidence that Nature, as a whole, is best understood as a system of self-organising intelligence.

Accompanied by stunning graphics and original upbeat music throughout, Metanoia will guide anyone with an open mind to a new appreciation of what the burgeoning biomimicry movement refers to as 'Nature's genius'.

NOTE: The concept of natural intelligence outlined in Metanoia is not to be confused with intelligent design creationism. The film contains only 100% natural ingredients and is free of all and any supernatural additives.

http://www.simongpowell.com/metanoia---movie.html

Simon G. Powell

Last edited by Delight; 12th October 2012 at 20:04.

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote The UsuryFree Jubilee is the HIGHEST natural law. As we have ignored it all of our institutions
    have been USURPED via usury. Discover a global movement for debt forgiveness Jubilee.

"The Lost Tradition of Biblical Debt Forgiveness" by Michael Hudson Free history of Jubilee
    michael-hudson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HudsonLostTradition.pdf

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Quote THE once-glowing core body of law within the Judeo-Christian Bible has become all but ignored - indeed, rejected - by the colder temper of our times. This core provided for periodic restoration of economic order by rituals of social renewal based on freedom from debt-servitude and from the loss of one's access to self-support on the land. So central to Israelite moral values was this tradition that it framed the composition of both the Old and New Testaments.
    Radical as the idea of cancelling debts and restoring the population's means of subsistence seems to modern eyes, it had been a conservative tradition in Bronze Age Mesopotamia for some two millennia. What was conserved was self-sufficiency for the rural family-heads who made up the infantry as well as the productive base of Near Eastern economies. Conversely, what was radically disturbing in archaic times was the idea of unrestrained wealth-seeking. It took thousands of years for the idea of progress to become inverted, to connote freedom for the wealthy to deprive the peasantry of their lands and personal liberty.

So far has the modern idea of market efficiency and progress gone that today, although the Bible remains our civilization's defining book, it is perceived largely as a composite of stories, myth and wisdom literature best epitomized perhaps in spirituals and hymns, not economic laws. The Ten Commandments and the Golden =
    become so dissociated from the economic legislation of Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy that whoever takes these laws in earnest is considered utopian and anachronistic if looking backward nostalgically, or radical if adopting there as a guide for current activism. Yet these laws formed the take-off point for Christ upon his return to Nazareth's synagogue, and for his denunciation of the money-changers who had taken over Jerusalem's temple. As late as medieval Spain the tradition of the Jubilee Year was kept alive by Maimonides and Ibn Adret. To dismiss these laws is thus to remove much of the Bible from the context of its times, above all from its Bronze Age Near Eastern matrix.

This paper accordingly traces the evolution of the Biblical debt and property laws as recorded in clay records that only recently have been deciphered and placed in their historic context. These laws which periodically cancelled debts, freed Israelite debt-servants and returned lands to their traditional holders have confused Biblical students for many centuries. They have long been virtually ignored by historians on the ground that, to modern eyes, they would seem to wreak economic havoc. Already by the first century of our era no less a theologian than Rabbi Hillel developed the prosbul, by which borrowers signed away their rights under the Biblical laws. Hillel explained that credit would dry up without such a clause.

Recent discoveries of Bronze Age Near Eastern royal proclamations extending from 2400 to 1600 BC throw a radically new light on these laws. Like their Biblical analogues, Mesopotamian royal edicts cancelled debts, freed debt-servants and restored land to cultivators who had lost it under economic duress. There can be no doubt that these edicts were implemented, for during the Babylonian period they grew into quite elaborate promulgations, capped by Ammisaduqa's Edict of 1646. Now that these edicts have been translated and their consequences understood, the Biblical laws no longer stand alone as utopian or otherworldly ideals; they take their place in a two-thousand year continuum of periodic and regular economic renewal.http://michael-hudson.com/wp-content...tTradition.pdf

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

nomadguy (5th September 2013)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I don't really believe there has to be fair equal payback for any debt.
    I don't believe there is unfair distribution of energy.
    The way I see human society is the metaphor of a collection of neurons in a neural net.
    It's all One consciousness but like a symphony, there is variation in the music.

One of the hangups is that we have something like receptors. each receptor is paired with a signal. We make a receptor when we create an energy transaction signal. If these transactions could be called qualities (like love, compassion, their opposites and all in between), These qualities makes a receptor on our particular receiver (the human reality personal bubble). So my definition of karma is that if i give the signal that means hate, that hate makes a receptor for me to experience back. Therefore any other hate signaled is likely to be stuck to my receptor of hate. I then produce all the steps to make that meaning come true.

To stop receiving hate, one cannot give it off.
    Debt is like that...indebtedness makes expectations that we MUST repay all energy in kind. If I hold a debt from someone, I keep a receptor of owing another that same energy and I will have to pay.

The reason i believe this to be true is the overwhelming emphasis of "Fair Trade".

To turn it all around, it has to start with knowing that we are mistaken and trade is not expected. Indebtedness holds up the natural spontaneous flow of energy energy. It is a part of the false matrix. It hits us at every level.

Think about the acrimony of divorce. Think about the friend you lent money to "helP". How long was that held between as a block. The mortgage that is upside down... all kinds of unfairness. But I may be deluded and yet believe that all we have to do is clear our own expectations of fair trade with all we hold in debt. It will unsticky the life experience.

I'm practicing at my own baby steps but fully intend the realization of the Jubilee.

I am adding this video here. With the eyes to hear and the ears to see, even a Get Rich approach will land us in the truth...to be free of all debt, we have to forgive debt as if it never was true. It was a mistaken thought of how life might operate.

Forgive is a magic formula. We do this by freeing everyone in our experience. We cannot afford to keep our slave receptors by holding on to an expectation of being repayed. In fact we have to offer continuous FOREGIVENESS (giving forward) of what we intend to become the reception frequency of a magical life.

Karma can stop right now having any reason.
    No debts and no longer the appearance of being a debt slave at any level.

What will we give? It is all personal as to what we are willing to give. Will the frequency of debt be happy for your lack of participation? You may need a new tribe? Freedom has consequences and we have to use will to stay tuned. The Universe is geared to respond to what we offer. That may be just about all there is to the Jubilee.

Quote Inside and “outside” (in reality it’s all inside) you are God in your universe. If you don’t like what you’re seeing, get conscious of the beliefs you hold and release those that a) belong to someone else, b) are outdated or c) you don’t prefer. Then, put in a new belief. From your vast imagination create something current and empowering; a belief with which your Soul as Creator-self can align. Be bold, it’s your world!https://humanspiritradio.wordpress.com/tag/beliefs/
    I highly recommend this video as to how we must begin with our imagination to experience reality. Want your own money? your health, wealth, no problems when you have the energy for its experience. We don't have to keep servicing the belief in debt

Last edited by Delight; 13th September 2013 at 00:11.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

penn (14th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread