Thread: Mental Illness

1. Link to Post #121
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Re: Mental Illness

Quote Posted by sygh (here)
    Quote Posted by Tuza (here)
    Can I ask that you all fly to Melbourne and stand in line, because I think I am way behind in my hug count. Thank you advance.
    X's & O's

This is a great place to come for hugs...

Beth: Thank you it is good to be reminded with words

Modwiz: i like carrots and kisses..thank you.

Giovonni: Great advice, i will take it to heart.

John: Never have your words resounded as loudly in my heart as they do today...Your kindness and respect for Richard and I has gone beyond what any cyber world could offer. Thank you.

Pickle: HAHAHAHA!!!! thank you for that laugh... wow...fleas in armpits...who would have guessed!!

Sygh: yes...it is calling... and thank you for painting such a perfect picture

Maria: Oh yes i can smell her waking up already... the flowers ha e almost ended their dreams...

Greybeard: /my friend... you have been one of the pillars that have kept my going, from my heart to yours...i love you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

pickle (1st March 2011)

3. Link to Post #122
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

A message to you and every one !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Jayke (1st March 2011)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Here my little take on it

I have not work with people with mental illness, nor have I been.... yes I have been depressed. I also have/had a regular intelligence child but learning disabled (aphasia in English, dysphasia in French) with gross and fine muscular problems and attention deficit disorder.

You cannot (or may be you can) imagine how much difference balanced nutrition adressing specific imbalances (has to be studied and blood/urine/other tests taken) makes a difference when corrected. As well as sun, air, sport. It is just incredible. Correcting the body first allows to reach the mind and then correct it if needed. All this with abundant love, needless to say.

However, that love is and has to be unconditional. If it gets better good, if not, well, we try something else with patience. Huge success with my daughter. Only a very trained eye/ear can now see that she ever had something (still slightly has). No more ritalin, no more appearant muscular problems - although a tiny bit - almost no more learning disabilities, and a vibrant happy, creative teenager. With lots lots of work, helping the body first, and love.

Therefore, to me, a lot of mental illness may stem from unrecognised awakening kundalini, which would require love and time, while others may stem from karma.

But also mostly a hugefull lot stems from unrecognised chemical imbalance, due to poor nutrition, poor nutrient body absorption, sickness, disease caught somewhere, and mostly intoxications of all kinds (chemical, water, etc.)etc. All these could be helped with love, but wow does it help when correcting the bio-chemical imbalance.

I am a proponent for helping nature that has problem to help itself when it can't naturally (because of previous destruction, genetic or otherwise).

For example, I have been very depressed since last fall (it started before though). I had a huge change in my work environment (lost quite a lot in some ways, but gained some peace), I would find myself often alone at home (me working crazy hours before), etc etc. Thought: um .. quite depressed. Everyone tought it was because of the job.

But guess what: I took a blood test in october, saw the doctor last week and voilà, my blood iron was at zero. No wonder I felt depressed with no taste for nothing. I have been taking supplements for a few days and today I am starting to feel the difference. Did my iron decrease because I was depressed or I was depressed because the iron was absent. The hen or the egg. Starting with the biological helps.

Of course I will check the physical and spiritual source (we make things happen to us, no!) but having the body recuperating helps a lot. Love would not have changed the fact that the body could not repair itself at the moment.

I think that a lot of help could be given with natural remedies to mental disease sufferers as well. We still have to scientifically understand better what is going on, as well as increase our power of love.

LOVE to you all
    Last edited by Flash; 1st March 2011 at 16:54.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

pickle (1st March 2011), sygh (2nd March 2011)

7. Link to Post #124
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

8. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    I am posting in this thread because I was attcked tonight in a private message by a member here, and as well attacked by another member the other day for being Bi polar

I am not ashamed of this disorder...but i am ashamed of how some people react to it.

This thread might explain to some who were dragged into the dramatic attack, as well as open the discussion to all , why some people feel the need to attack other peoples weaknesses.

I sit here tonight with a broken heart... it cares not whether others find it "pathetic" or " a liability"

We are all human beings here... we all hurt..

What ever wrongs i have done i am sorry.... please...i beg of you...i have suffered enough...
    I am sorry Céline about you being bipolar. This is very difficult for you sometimes I am sure of it. I have witness the great suffering of bipolar persons. As I have witness the misunderstanding towards my daughter. At the same time, you must be learning a lot from it. Now I understand much better your very developed empathetic abilities. When one suffers, the heart develops.

All my love is with you (that is it, now I feel a motherly love for you, you have been linked with my daughter in my heart).

9. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,839 times in 1,691 posts

I feel the elite are manufacturing mental illness in a broader scheme to weaken the population. It reminds me of the movie Mission to Mars. The robot dog was programmed to injure one of the astronauts to slowdown the group. Operating on the premise that our reality is holographic software and time is an illusion that has purpose then I'm a victim of my own decisions. Maybe I should punish myself.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #127
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,745 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by Inversion (here)
    I feel the elite are manufacturing mental illness in a broader scheme to weaken the population. It reminds me of the movie Mission to Mars. The robot dog was programmed to injure one of the astronauts to slowdown the group. Operating on the premise that our reality is holographic software and time is an illusion that has purpose then I'm a victim of my own decisions. Maybe I should punish myself.
    “Love your enemy”. Most of us are our own worst enemy.

“Like attracts like”. Thoughts and emotions attract their like. I suggest pressing the top floor button on this elevator we are on. Won’t solve our problems, those still take their work, but should help to avoid detours. ‘Experience’ is way overrated.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), Inversion (5th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    “Love your enemy”. Most of us are our own worst enemy.

“Like attracts like”. Thoughts and emotions attract their like. I suggest pressing the top floor button on this elevator we are on. Won’t solve our problems, those still take their work, but should help to avoid detours. ‘Experience’ is way overrated.
    Oscar Wilde - A Florentine Tragedy: “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

I've also heard "Be kind to your enemies because nothing annoys them more."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022)

15. Link to Post #129
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

I have often thought that they used the vaccines to create high functioning Autistic kids.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), Inversion (5th June 2022)

17. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I have often thought that they used the vaccines to create high functioning Autistic kids.
    Making a nation's children defective would be part of a plot to ruin it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022)

19. Link to Post #131
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by kcw_one (here)
    Love is so totally the answer. I see how many who are interested in the enlightenment subject totally miss that one. So focused on the ugliness and scary events that they fail to see that we have won when we can reach a state of being completely in love with life and the universe. I understand that that statement may come off as kind of flakey and dreamy, but I am certain that this is what it is all about. The realization that we all are part of the same Source of non-physical energy, that we are indeed all ONE. Knowing that and feeling it to the ends if your fingertips makes it so much easier to love everyone else regardless of condition and without judgement. The first step, however, is the most difficult -- learning to love yourself.
    After enduring a lifetime of sometimes crippling low self esteem it has been the Metta meditation that has been the answer I've long searched for.

I believe I inherited a lot of low self worth issues from my mother, quite possibly beginning in utero (i was the firstborn), but later undiagnosed hearing issues substantially aggravated my path through adolescence and the minefield of school peer groups, killing what little self regard i had in the innocence of childhood.

As an adult I very quickly identified that self love and self regard are absolutely crucial to life and creating a good life...I even went so far as to feel that self esteem is actually the pole star around which all else revolves and that in fact awakening begins with this simple thing because of the power of the frequency shift it can catalyse.

The Metta meditation, based on Buddha's Metta sutra - https://teachingsofthebuddha.com/metta_sutra.htm - has been so very profound for me; it enabled me to feel what it was like to receive love/loving regard and it was very fast acting...... Within days I could feel my whole outlook on the world and people begin to change.

This talk by Jack Kornfield I've found to be hugely beneficial and quite the discovery. The 10 minute meditation at the end is very, very simple but also profound. The energy of his wisdom and compassion is tangible. .

The script is not fixed, and, even if on saying it one can't 'feel' the words, it's said that the 'mere' practise is enough. You can even focus on say a loved pet; anything, any sentient being....

I played around and created a script that felt right for me.
    My script is :

"May you be held in great loving kindness.
    May your heart be filled with compassion and mercy.
    May you be safe in every way. Safe from all things. Protected.
    May you be well, healed in every way, body and mind.
    May you be happy and filled with joy.
    May you be filled with love.
    May you be free."

Another example of a simple script: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/lov...tation-script/

This song usually accompanies my meditation as, to me, it is a sung Metta prayer: .

In the song you may notice Jack speaking, as well.

Last edited by Tracie (Bodhicee); 5th June 2022 at 22:38. Reason: to add another link

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tracie (Bodhicee) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2022), BMJ (18th June 2022), Harmony (5th June 2022), Inversion (5th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), Journeyman (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

21. Link to Post #132
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,548 times in 20,693 posts

Depression: The Real Causes (& Unexpected Solutions)Johann Hari
    118,607 views Feb 17, 2019
    The Weekend University
    61K subscribers
    Get early access to our latest psychology lectures: http://bit.ly/new-talks5

'What really causes depression and anxiety – and how can we really solve them? In this talk, award winning journalist Johann Hari will discuss his recent 40,000-mile journey across the world, where he interviewed social scientists uncovering evidence that depression and anxiety are not caused by a chemical imbalance in our brains – but rather, are largely caused by key problems with the way we live today.

Hari’s journey took him from an Amish community in Indiana, to a mind-blowing series of experiments in Baltimore, to an uprising in Berlin. Along the way, he uncovered nine real causes of depression and anxiety, which eventually led him to the scientists who are discovering seven very different solutions – ones that work.

Johann Hari is a New York Times best-selling author. His book ‘Chasing the Scream’ has been translated into 15 languages and is currently being adapted into a major Hollywood film, and into a non-fiction documentary series.

With over 20 million views, he is one of the most-watched TED speakers of all time. He has written for the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Guardian, and was twice named ‘National Newspaper Journalist of the Year’ by Amnesty International."

Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th July 2022), Harmony (11th July 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (10th July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7