+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: Mental Illness

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Mental Illness

I have found myself today, a little at a loss for words. Someone whom i felt understood the meaning of Light ...or being awakened, has shown that they have no compassion whatsoever for Mental illnesses present in people in their surroundings.

Unlike physical ailments...like a hole in the gut... Mental illness is not always so easily visible or acknowledged...

In todays world of antidepressants, ritalin etc, we perhaps forget the people , the ones diagnosed with a sometimes deadly disease and how perhaps they may require some extra patience of compassion for the ones around them.

There are many schools of thought out there... change of diet.... nutrients... yoga... mediation...

There is a place in vancouver, a private clinic...that offers a 100% cure rate for anorexia.. 100%!!!!....there is a waiting list of over 3 years..

The cure??

100% love and care 24/7

Each patient has 7 employees assigned to them..they care for them...and in a matter of months the patients are cured.

Love...and Light... are part of the same parcel...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011), Johnnycomelately (5th June 2022), mcaballero (1st March 2011), myrm (1st March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), THIRDEYE (2nd March 2011), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Mental Illness

I hear you Celine. Earlier on in my life I wound up working as a nurses aide in a couple of psych hospitals in Alberta. At the time I was seriously conflicted about being part of a "treatment" system that I saw as being so damaging to people. Despite my internal struggle, I was given the opportunity to speak with people who were mentally ill and get a sense for myself what was going on with them.

I don't think I have any insights to offer that would be of any use to anyone else other than to say that most of us are mentally ill in some way or another, it is just that those who are labelled with a "mental illness" are ones whose issues present such a significant problem as to prevent them from being able to cope with their reality in ways that society finds acceptable.

I feel that the natural state of being for us is one of joy and happiness. We are meant to feel good. If we do not feel good, then it is because WE are preventing it through the thoughts we choose and he experinces we attract as a result. Many people disagree with me on that. It is much easier to blame one's unhappiness or "issues" on a job, parent, or significant other.

Regardless of my personal view point, what you said Celine about the curing of the eating disorders through pure unadulterated TLC, THAT IS THE ANSWER RIGHT THERE! Our entire culture on the whole is so desperately in need of more love. Not just he narrow aspects we are taught to focus on like "I love my car".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kcw_one For This Post:

myrm (1st March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

i wholeheartedly agree...

it is so taboo to say , i love you.

or to touch each other.

But sometimes...

i walk by some strangers i can can literally hear there body SCREAMING for touch...a hug, a kiss..holding a hand...or just laying in someones arms.

So ..healing...dont you think?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

lazer (1st March 2011), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Love is so totally the answer. I see how many who are interested in the enlightenment subject totally miss that one. So focused on the ugliness and scary events that they fail to see that we have won when we can reach a state of being completely in love with life and the universe. I understand that that statement may come off as kind of flakey and dreamy, but I am certain that this is what it is all about. The realization that we all are part of the same Source of non-physical energy, that we are indeed all ONE. Knowing that and feeling it to the ends if your fingertips makes it so much easier to love everyone else regardless of condition and without judgement. The first step, however, is the most difficult -- learning to love yourself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kcw_one For This Post:

Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by celine (here)
    i wholeheartedly agree...

or to touch each other.

But sometimes...

i walk by some strangers i can can literally hear there body SCREAMING for touch...a hug, a kiss..holding a hand...or just laying in someones arms.

I think so! -(me screaming) Please touch me, hug me, hold me in your arms - a kiss of affection would be OK too -- but no that is not OK, it is considered sexually incorrect to do so, we now have policy to prove this is so. So we are isolated - islands unto ourselves, nevermore to know the true warmth of the expressed love of another individual.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

pickle (1st March 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    illuminate

It makes me very sad to read this... someone who lacks compassion for the mentally ill,
    but I also know he/she is not alone. I find it sad because each and every one of us suffers
    from mental illness...

Every living being on this planet and even some plants and animals suffer from mental
    inflictions at one time or another, in all different stages and in varying degrees.

So the people who CHOOSE to sit in judgment rather than acceptance are only fooling themselves...
    they simply have neglected to look in the mirror. This is often the case with EVERY issue known to man.
    It is also referred to as denial.

Besides... 'Judging' is so 1999... they are simply out of style

Depression is considered a mental illness... so please, tell me who out there has never
    been able to relate to this simple definition of depression?

Depression: not being able to do, what you want to do, when you want to do it.

There is never anything wrong with being you.

I LOVE YOU!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illuminate For This Post:

Decibellistics (1st March 2011), Heather2017 (5th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by celine (here)
    But sometimes...

I very much agree with this myself.

Its true, it is about love if you ask me.
    To hurt someone else is to hurt yourself and so on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pan For This Post:

sygh (1st March 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

kcw_one said....

"So focused on the ugliness and scary events that they fail to see that we have won when we can reach a state of being completely in love with life and the universe. I understand that that statement may come off as kind of flakey and dreamy, but I am certain that this is what it is all about."

Many think i am a ...flirt.. a flake... or dreamy (when they want to be kind lol)....

i do not care..

*smiles warmly *

i love them, i want to kiss them, i want to hold them.

HORIZONS said...

"So we are isolated - islands unto ourselves, nevermore to know the true warmth of the expressed love of another individual."

*she extends her hand and looks at you with a big smile and says...* No you are not! I love you.

Illuminate said...

" It makes me very sad to read this..."

i agree , i feel sad too...yet a warmth is growing as Avalonians share their feelings. Can you feel it? ...

love,
    celine

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

sygh (1st March 2011), THIRDEYE (2nd March 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

By coincidence I had posted this on Spiritual Diary.
    There are Attitudinal Healing centers in USA.
    You could do a Google.
    My main source of Spiritual information Dr David Hawkins is a Psychiatrist swears by this way of healing mental illness and all other ailments.
    He also states that very often there is a lack of seratonin in the brain, herbal Seratone helps greatly, he also states that a excess of sugar can cause metal dysfunction.
    I agree with Celine that love expressed through touch is vital to our well being.
    During the war very young children were evacuated to Wales, they were well fed but they grew ill, professioal nannies were recruited, they cuddled the children and loved them, their health improved dramatically.
    Chris
    Namaste

The 12 Principles of Attitudinal Healing ~ by Dr. Gerald Jampolsky based on A Course In Miracles
    ~ a way to see differently ~ not a quick fix but a process to apply to any situation that ultimately brings peace of mind.

1 The essence of our being is love.
    2 Health is inner peace. Healing is letting go of fear.
    3 Giving and receiving are the same.
    4 We can let go of the past and of the future.
    5 Now is the only time there is and each instant is for giving.
    6 We can learn to love ourselves and others by forgiving rather than judging.
    7 We can become love-finders rather than fault-finders.
    8 We can choose and direct ourselves to be peaceful inside
    regardless of what is happening outside.
    9 We are students and teachers to each other.
    10 We can focus on the whole of life rather than the fragments.
    11 Since love is eternal, death need not be viewed as fearful.
    12 We can always perceive ourselves and others as either extending love
    or giving a call for help.
    Last edited by greybeard; 23rd July 2010 at 21:09.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

mcaballero (1st March 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

ps yes Celine
    The love is growing here.
    I love you too.
    You make a difference.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

mcaballero (1st March 2011), sygh (1st March 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    ps yes Celine
    The love is growing here.
    I love you too.
    You make a difference.
    Chris
    More of this please!

The ONLY way to solve any of the problems we face, either individually or collectively is from a place of love. It really is that simple.

I am so grateful to you that choose to spread love and positivity through this forum. I love you all!

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Mental Illness. It's been a large part of my life. I was twenty-eight before I was advised to get help. I had thought I was deficient in character, inadequate, not strong enough, not fearless enough, not worthy, unable to relate to others to a large degree.

I was too bright, too sensitive, too withdrawn yet I didn't know that others didn't live as I did. Mine was a world of terror, relationships without trust. This was truth to me. This was how the world worked. My task, as was anyone's in my way of thinking, was to simply survive.

I'm 60 now. My perspective has improved. I can believe in myself (although I'm still not sure about others.) I worked until I retired. I have been married to the same fella since I was 21. I have a son in law school. I have a good life. Many a time I thought I would never make it -- didn't even know what "it" was, or why "it" was important.

Mental health is not only about feeling, the structure of a person's reality is involved. The foundation of what a person knows to be true is involved. It's part of my life's journey and I can accept and bless it as that.
    Heartsong
    Last edited by Heartsong; 23rd July 2010 at 21:36.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

myrm (1st March 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank you chris heart!

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Well i actually work with dementia, autism and mental health behavoural problems. many people do not understand that WE ALL could one day be that way.
    I see family just dump their so called loved ones and run, why, because they cannot cope with the day to day needs of the person dumped.
    I love my residents, I often just sit and chat to them knowing that not much is sinking in, but, sometimes I see a light flicker in their eyes and know, someone , a person does reside in that head somewhere.......

Blessings

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011), Jakinabox (1st March 2011), myrm (1st March 2011), sygh (1st March 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greybeard..I wish you'd lived down my street when a young lad stabbed his own eyes out with a knife about fifteen years ago...We all tried to talk him out of self-harming himself at the time...I don't know you that much..but I bet you are a very calming guy.

Cheers

Rimbaud

28. Link to Post #16
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

You probably know someone with a mental health or substance use problem

* 1 person in 5 in Canada (over 6 million people) will have a mental health problem during their lifetime.
    * 1 in 7 Canadians aged 15 and older (about 3.5 million people) have alcohol-related problems; 1 in 20 (about 1.5 million) have cannabis-related concerns; and some have problems with cocaine, speed, ecstasy (and other hallucinogens), heroin and other illegal drugs.
    * Mental health and substance use problems affect people of all ages, education and income levels, religions, cultures and types of jobs.

So it’s likely that you or a family member or friend will have a substance use or mental health problem at some time.
    Why people develop mental health and substance use problems

There are many reasons why people develop mental health and substance use problems:

* Some are genetic or biological—people are born with them.
    * Some come from people’s experiences—such as stressful situations in their childhood; at school or work; or in places where they lived with injustice, violence or war.
    * And sometimes we simply don’t know why a problem has developed.

Regardless of why and how they develop, mental health and substance use problems are health problems—just like cancer, arthritis, diabetes and heart attacks.

So why are people with substance use and mental health problems looked upon differently?
    Let’s talk about stigma

Stigma refers to negative attitudes (prejudice) and negative behaviour (discrimination) toward people with substance use and mental health problems.

Stigma includes:

* having fixed ideas and judgments—such as thinking that people with substance use and mental health problems are not normal or not like us; that they caused their own problems; or that they can simply get over their problems if they want to
    * fearing and avoiding what we don’t understand—such as excluding people with substance use and mental health problems from regular parts of life (for example, from having a job or a safe place to live).

We all have attitudes and judgments that affect how we think about and behave toward others. When we talk about attitudes and behaviour toward others based on their gender, sexual orientation, culture, race or religion, we use the words prejudice and discrimination.

So let’s call stigma what it really is.

29. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Hi Celine

Nice write up, but , you would not believe the amount of people who shun us as a care team, when we do something simple like shop for food...
    We get targetted for abuse ( verbal and yes sometimes physical) and if we wish to keep our CRB have to accept the fact that most of the people
    who see these suffering folk cannot accept them, full stop...

it is a shame as most of them have skills far beyond what we would call normal in everyday folk. And the love that eminates from these poor souls
    often leaves me wondering if in fact they are the normal ones and we are the dissabled!!!

blessings

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

30. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote I wholeheartedly agree...

or to touch each other.

But sometimes...

Virginia Satir, a famous american psychologist, said that if we want to be emotionally healthy we need 4-12 hugs a day!

Love and care. Absolutely!

I have a very strong opinion about psychiatry. It is a very powerful tool of mind control. I post a thought provoking videos that explain what is really going on behind the curtain.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

31. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Can I ask that you all fly to Melbourne and stand in line, because I think I am way behind in my hug count. Thank you advance.

32. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This BBC documentary movie further explains how they totally manipulate and control our life by introducing psychotherapy. It also reveals how CIA and politicians, as well as big business utilized psychology to create people who conform to society rules. The goal is to kill individuality, passions, and inner desires.

Part 1 of 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast