+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: Mental Illness

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Default Re: Mental Illness

Hello Ammit,
    You are a very compassionate individual and I admire you for caring for those who are so very vulnerable,
    and needy. Thank you for what you do each day and all the love and respect you show to others. You make
    the world a better place.
    Blessings,
    caren

2. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

I have had my own battles with mental illness. It wasn't easy especially in the beginning when I was still finding my feet. There were lots of people who had opinions on my dilema. Part of the problem was that I hid it so well from others. I have concurrent disorders that can make my life a living hell if I don't take my meds. Many people seemed to be more concerned about the side-effects of the meds. I wasn't worried about those. The emomtional pain of living in the disease was a much worse prspect.
    Now 15 years later, having gone on off the meds a number times I finally come to place of acceptance. I am much more capable of living now then I was then. I do far less venting because my feelings are much more managable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011)

4. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Can I ask that you all fly to Melbourne and stand in line, because I think I am way behind in my hug count. Thank you advance.
    Tuza, I don't think that it is a good idea. You have winter.

What about this?

5. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

We need some souls like that down here please. Thank you xo

6. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Mental illness is particularly difficult for some people to understand if they have not experienced it.
    An otherwise able-bodied person can experience an incredible amount of pain and suffering that is not
    obvious to the untrained observer. This doesn't make the illness any less real for those who have it.

With any type of illness, it can be very diificult to figure out the root cause of the symptoms, because there can be many different
    things that cause the same symptoms. And there are many different approaches to treating those symptoms.
    It's a little different for each person.

7. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Mental illness is particularly difficult for some people to understand if they have not experienced it.
    An otherwise able-bodied person can experience an incredible amount of pain and suffering that is not
    obvious to the untrained observer. This doesn't make the illness any less real for those who have it.

With any type of illness, it can be very diificult to figure out the root cause of the symptoms, because there can be many different
    things that cause the same symptoms. And there are many different approaches to treating those symptoms.
    It's a little different for each person.

People do suffer and they go through enormous amount of pain. I think that it can be an eye opening to those who make negative comments about people who suffer that psychiatry is a form of manipulation. As a result, there is a stigma about mental illness and some people can be very cruel towards those who suffer. I wish they could understand it and see anther human pain and suffering without labeling. I am against any labeling and stereotyping. Well, we have a long way to go to make this world a better place!

8. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Wink Re: Mental Illness

Quote Posted by illuminate (here)
    It makes me very sad to read this... someone who lacks compassion for the mentally ill,
    but I also know he/she is not alone. I find it sad because each and every one of us suffers
    from mental illness...

Every living being on this planet and even some plants and animals suffer from mental
    inflictions at one time or another, in all different stages and in varying degrees.

So the people who CHOOSE to sit in judgment rather than acceptance are only fooling themselves...
    they simply have neglected to look in the mirror. This is often the case with EVERY issue known to man.
    It is also referred to as denial.

Besides... 'Judging' is so 1999... they are simply out of style

Depression is considered a mental illness... so please, tell me who out there has never
    been able to relate to this simple definition of depression?

Depression: not being able to do, what you want to do, when you want to do it.

There is never anything wrong with being you.

I LOVE YOU!
    Illuminate you hit the nail in the head when it comes to the subject of mental illness which if you permit me will take the liberty to rename,( heartistic disorders) , everyone on this planet is suffering from one form of mental illness or another, most will deny it. Why ? There's many reasons, upbringing traumatic experiences, exposure to a mental unbalance society. As a war veteran this subject hits home, many war veterans suffer from post traumatic stress disorders, meaning we become walking time bombs poorly equip to deal with any type of stress or meaningful relationships.

The solution as Celine mention is healing through loving relationships,relearning to trust yourself and others as we find within ourselves the courage to love once again. Finding the love spark within by forgiving ourselves for the many imperfections and short comings that we all have. Reaching with that love spark to our families, friends, neighbors, community, our surroundings. I guess you can say we all suffer from lack of love because we have become desensitize to this emotion of compassion, care, warmth, touch, smile,share, freely giving of ourselves without expecting absolutely anything in return. Love in that sense has become a fashion statement where it becomes a niece thing to say yet very difficult to materialize because of the many heartistic disorders that we all are suffering from.

To exercise the heart of love is almost unheard of, has anyone ever heard that ? Exercise your heart of love, is funny yet true, once you loose the fear of rejection of getting hurt by others by exposing our inner most self out in the open, then you get hit by the LOVE BUG, experiencing this emotion at every level and through everything you touch. Many of us are still taking baby steps, with the fear of getting trample on. It is no wonder that most people feel isolated, lonely and misunderstood, a sense of belonging someplace else.In that sense we have alienated ourselves from one another.

Right here right now is where we all belong, lets get on with the business of loving. Kicking our fears and imperfections, throwing them in the garbage,restarting our lives all over again, learning how to exercise, revitalize and empower our HEARTS OF LOVE.

Many many blessings to all.
    Last edited by frank samuel; 24th July 2010 at 10:06.

9. Link to Post #28
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Oh Frank what a great post!

Yes excersizing the heart of love is a necessity for so many these days...

I started this thread because there is a post on the forum, made by a Senior Member, on the profile page of another Senior Member here at Avalon, that shows a complete lack of love and understanding, or light.

I reported the post, but it is still there...

Someone i love very much posted it...i sincerly hope he reads this thread and learns something about love from all of you.

Every thing i do, everything i see, everything i hear....goes thru my heart first...

i feel...and love, everything.

Richard and i have a deep love that exists between breaths...the song of our love echoes in the silence of space..

That love is a gift, and is far different then the love i speak of...but it has similiarities..

I have tried to explain it to many people...not sure if i always succeeded.

Richard understands.

This person who posted the offending comments....

i love him, i opened my heart and soul to him. i could "feel" his essence near me at all times. I felt his experiences and allow my soul to mingle with his.

This type of relationship is common for me...i had to learn tools of service, which allowed me to disconect from the physical need to then allow the intamacy of human relationships to grow..

Many ...fear the intensity...most are curious...some allow it...

The moment i realized...who...what i am.. A Love being... i was free...

10. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Dear Celine,
    Your above posts really touch my heart... thank you for your honesty and compassion and thank you for
    sharing your abundant love with others so freely. We must always love and care for others. I'm sending arm
    loads of love to you (you may need a wheelbarrow) and in with the love you will notice the beautiful,
    extra large, bouquet of flowers; freshly cut today from my garden. I hope you like the soft yellow and pink roses, and the beautiful, pure white baby's breath I have included. Thank you for creating this place,
    Always in love,
    caren

11. Link to Post #30
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

*celine tries to lift the wheelbarrow, but cant....*

Rich? can i get a hand?

hehe

Thank you for your heartfelt words caren

i feel so incredibly blessed to be part of the Avalonian family...

Thank you.

I suppose one of the hardest things after realising i am Love, is how to deal with the negative side of love.

Ok..heres a question..

Why does a victim of abuse, love her abuser?

IMO....Love is not conditional on anything...it is a state of being.

Can you love the most vile? the most distasteful of beings?

Yes...came my answer...that is when i knew.

i had no choice but to love.

12. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Wink Re: Mental Illness

Quote Posted by celine (here)
    Oh Frank what a great post!

Yes excersizing the heart of love is a necessity for so many these days...

I started this thread because there is a post on the forum, made by a Senior Member, on the profile page of another Senior Member here at Avalon, that shows a complete lack of love and understanding, or light.

I reported the post, but it is still there...

Someone i love very much posted it...i sincerly hope he reads this thread and learns something about love from all of you.

Every thing i do, everything i see, everything i hear....goes thru my heart first...

i feel...and love, everything.

Richard and i have a deep love that exists between breaths...the song of our love echoes in the silence of space..

That love is a gift, and is far different then the love i speak of...but it has similiarities..

I have tried to explain it to many people...not sure if i always succeeded.

Richard understands.

This person who posted the offending comments....

i love him, i opened my heart and soul to him. i could "feel" his essence near me at all times. I felt his experiences and allow my soul to mingle with his.

This type of relationship is common for me...i had to learn tools of service, which allowed me to disconect from the physical need to then allow the intamacy of human relationships to grow..

Many ...fear the intensity...most are curious...some allow it...

The moment i realized...who...what i am.. A Love being... i was free...
    Celine thank you for being your beautiful self.I think that originally we where just light beings of love who decided to play in the 3 dimensional world, thus we got more than we bargain for, as we have de evolve from what we where to what we are now. Still memories and flashes of our original self sheds light away from this hellish reality helping us to see ourselves outside of the madness if you will.

Life has come full circle as we are learning again to exercise our hearts to bring forth the original light and love that once was abundant within us. We are but mere mirror image of each other in that way we cannot judge others without judging ourselves, for our temporal delusional self has forgotten the cherished memories of oneness that was once a part of our being. One day soon that reality will be permanently imprinted within the very essence of our soul thus doing away with the madness which has temporally derailed us from becoming the beautiful beings of light and love which we have always been.

Many many blessings to all.

13. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by celine (here)

I suppose one of the hardest things after realising i am Love, is how to deal with the negative side of love.

Ok..heres a question..

Why does a victim of abuse, love her abuser?

IMO....Love is not conditional on anything...it is a state of being.

Can you love the most vile? the most distasteful of beings?

Yes...came my answer...that is when i knew.

i had no choice but to love.
    Very true - for if we only love the lovable or those that love us, what kind of real love is that? For even the lowest levels of darkness love their own kind. But if we can transcend the norms of our self-for-self natures and become self-for-others motivated - an expression of true love - and love the unlovable, those that abuse us, defile us and even spit in our face, then we are free of all belief systems and can be this expression of love you are bringing to our attention. Personally, I think this is the grand quest before us all.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

14. Link to Post #33
    illuminate

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL thread this has become!

All these heartfelt words are a gift we give each other...
    I am very moved by these posts!
    Thanks to each of you for giving this gift!!!

@Frank... I LOVE the re-naming of 'mental illness' to 'heartistic disorders'... perfect!

With love and a HUGE HUG!!! (and a few extra for Tuza!)

15. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Hey guys. This thread just keeps getting better.

About loving the abusers, it is difficult I know. The way I have found is to KNOW that the person we look at in the mirror is an extension of the same non-physical Source of AllThatIs, and that everyone else is an extension of that same source energy. From that broader perspective, we are all extensions of the same thing and in reality, THERE IS ONLY ONE OF US HERE. Learning to love one another, even the bad guys, begins with loving yourself.

We come here to experience CONTRAST -- the differences between what we want and what we don't want. The contrast regarding love - wanting and not having it vs. wanting it, having it and enjoying it - is one that we all have power to influence. Be the love you want to see. Love others with every ounce of effort you can manage. Put your attention on being loved, and loving, you begin to actively bring the frequency kf love into your vibrational pattern. On e you are offering love in your vibration, you'll begin to attract love more and more into your experience.

I love you guys and I hope you find all that you seek.

16. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

This is one of the positive threads I have ever read.

I really have to give kudos to those affected by people living with and loving those with a mental illness. It's not an easy thing. They too need our support not just those afflicted. They often have it worse than those with the illness. To see a loved one who was maybe healthy and happy turn into someone they don't recognize. The pain and frustration must be immense. My kudos to them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Jakinabox (1st March 2011)

18. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Quote Illuminate;
    It makes me very sad to read this... someone who lacks compassion for the mentally ill, but I also know he/she is not alone.
    I'll try to keep this simple,

It's not compassion they lack, it's compassion, and identification they feel, and fear that drives them.

Externalization is merely the effort to put the illusion of distance between yourself and what rings a bell within you. Ridicule is the method used to gain acceptance in that "distance" by getting others to feel it with you.

It's a constant battle to remember that the things you "bounce off of" in this manner also attracted you, in the first place.

The key is always forgiveness. Forgiveness of self, and others involved is the two-headed approach that will work, when sincerely practiced. It's how things "go away", permanently resolved.

Fred

19. Link to Post #37
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Forgiveness is a BIG part of love..

People who live in light...easily reach this end...

Fear and hate create unloving hearts

20. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

A BIG problem within our society seems to be is what many term as 'being normal' ?

From the latter part of 2001 until mid-2005 I worked as handyman/gardner at a secondary college with just over one thousand students. The school had several 'Intergration Students' ~ (With disabilities) physical, mental and often both. Often in my many diffrent duties I would have several of these students help out in the extensive gardens. Combined with their ' Intergratiion Aids' we set up a herb garden for them to work in and the herbs could be used in the "Home Eco" classes. These 'Special Kids' would just love to be out there doing jobs, even pulling up weeds.

In mid 2005 I decided to leave, mainly as my wife was into her 4th year of dealing with cancer and I wanted more time to be with her. On my second to last day at the school I received a message to go to the Intergration office. They were all there, Kids, Aids and associated staff. They presented me with a farewell card full of signatures from the kids and staff, covered in kisses,and hearts too, all hand drawn. Also a laminated poster, again with signatures from kids and staff and hand drawn pictures of birds, flowers in pots and a watering can.

In the centre at the bottom was a message; "Thanks for all your help and making our school look nice. You have been very kind to us all ~ From the staff and students in the support office". Below the message in the centre a hand drawn sun with a smily face.

Those kids were always full of love and passion in the gardens ~ you could just feel it in the air, they often did not want to leave. Most of those students won't be at that school now ~ but I bet the majority are still smiling and enjoying life in their particular world. ( Their whole reason for being here)

Much Love to One and All Paul

21. Link to Post #39
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful moment in your life.

Amazing what a smile can do...

22. Link to Post #40
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Mental Illness

any human being who has never felt or suffered any mental anxiety> during these last few years ~ is truly not<>human!
    here's some of the musical soundtrack~ that's streaming through gio's mad mind~ tonite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast