Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: Mental Illness

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Goldenserenity's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Mental Illness

I had all of mine taken out and replaced in 2008. I hated the thought of all those shots in my mouth, and the dentist said he would put me out during the whole procedure. It took him about 3 hours to do the job, but now I have all composite fillings. By looking at my teeth, you can't tell that I ever had a cavity in my whole life!
    Sometimes though I wonder...am I getting more vocal these days because of the amalgam removal, the removal of the toxins from my body and not ingesting fluoride? I used to be so quiet and kept my opinions and thoughts to myself. Lately, I just open mouth and insert foot some of the times.

2. Link to Post #62
    illuminate

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    Same problem overhere.......
    Ah.. ok Swami, let's work together here and manifest this freaking metal out of our mouths!!!!

I want what Goldenserenity got done!!

3. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,609 times in 20,703 posts

A friend of mine had a meltdown this week while staying with me, though it has been coming for a long time.
    I have flipped out a few times myself in the past, also had severe physical issues to deal with, had a near-death experience from a near-fatal accident, have nearly been homeless a few times, but I always managed to pull myself together again somehow (with help from friends).
    I felt like she had come to me (though she has a big circle of friends who have been helping her who are probably more sympathetic than I am) because I am a survivor of so many challenges and perhaps have a kind of strength she would like to have (she is frail where I am sturdy) .
    I found myself being less than the loving person I know she wanted me to be, though I did give her healing, feed her, run errands for her, talk to her, etc.
    I felt a need to practice "tough love" and urged her to be more rational and stop being so needy and demanding and such a drama queen.
    Her demands were endless: "Stay with me, feed me, give me a food rub, take me to the emergency room, tell me what's wrong with me, take me to the store, buy me some medicine, and if you won't do it, I will call my other friends until I found someone who will!"
    I kept getting a picture of her in my head as a little girl with a small whip, standing in a circle of adults. Every time she cracked her whip, the adults would jump through hoops and she was grinning and so delighted to see the power she had to make all these capable adults respond to her commands.
    I took her to stay in another town with some caregiver friends who work with Alzheimer's patients and even they could not deal with all her demands, and ended up taking her to stay in a "stress center" where she will doubtless be drugged, though she wants to be healed with herbs and alternative means.
    It may be that drugs are what she needs at this point, and if so, I hope they will help her to calm down, because it is very hard to be around her as she was and I am sure she does not want to be institutionalized.
    I felt my best wisdom were the words of the Buddha "Rely on no one but yourself". because if you don't have a strong core of determination to survive and be your own best friend, I don't think anyone else can do it for you. I told her to just refuse to let her fear get the best of her and she asked me how. I told her that no one can tell her how to do that, she has to find that answer within.
    I don't know if I was wrong to be tough with her, but it was really the best I could do.
    I imagine a lot of people are freaking out now, as we get down to the crunch. My heart goes out to them, but I am so conditioned now to put survival first, it is difficult to take on anyone who seems to be a liability to me, though I will do what I feel I can.
    Thanks for this thread, which at this time, is a good place for me to get this out!!
    Last edited by onawah; 29th July 2010 at 04:02.

4. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 times in 221 posts

My mother was mentally ill after a nervous breakdown. I grew up with it. I can simpathize with your struggles. But honesty - as Shakespear said it so well 'to thine own self be true' the self he is taking about was the soul. Other's have their own path to healing and they choose it daily... I went though a tough road of illness many years back if you know astrology at all it will show up. I had a grand cross of birth pluto square sun opposit to transiting saturn square pluto. People don't usually live though those I was told. Ya for cleaning up karma....

The other thing you might have noticed - I did in your post - was how devastatingly self centered and egotistical this illness can be. I read once that the 1st nations peoples would tie the 'crazy' person to a tree till they got better. lol I can see how this would work quite well for a number of reasons.

The PTSD - I healed that by getting pissed and demanding my power back. I did this with saying 'no' more, with being gentle with myself, no self criticism and lots of rest. I also moved - the energy where you live can be effecting this too.

I also did active decrees mantra's and meditation - but basically I demanded my right to exsist in the physical as I am that I am. (I just watch a video on David Wilcock's last night and I see he is saying this too now - I got it from one of Buddha's mudra's Anyways I got a whole bunch of calls like this on my website. I also did flower essences to heal the soul damage. FES is a good brand. Helps heal the damaged psychi and all.

Depression - don't eat chocolate, or drink beer. Both are depressants - unfortunately. 5htp is really good.
    Also if you have ever fallen on your tail bone really hard and jarred it. You would need cranial sacral therapy the rhythm of the spinal column is off and will cause depression. It is non evasive and really amazing. http://www.upledger.com/

All the best!

5. Link to Post #65
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

People having `meltdowns` seems to be increasing, as our life styles and society become more demanding and coupled with less
    relaxation time, I am not surprised.
    I do sometimes wonder Goldenserenity if the entity theory plays a part with some clients. One of mine shows signs of low IQ and
    besides her ramblings would pass as a compasionate and loving individual, but, then it is like "POW" and this person turns into
    a very inteligent and sinister person who will in great detail explain how she would like to rid herself of persons not liked in our unit.

At times I find it frustrating as the outbursts last about 5 mins then she is back to normal. I am a little on the sensitive side but not
    clairevoyant/claireaudiant but do often sense things around me, the senses she gives off for that 5 mins is like the room is full of
    unseen people, and when it stops , so do the senses....

Very strange sometimes.

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

6. Link to Post #66
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    People having `meltdowns` seems to be increasing, as our life styles and society become more demanding and coupled with less
    relaxation time, I am not surprised.
    I do sometimes wonder Goldenserenity if the entity theory plays a part with some clients. One of mine shows signs of low IQ and
    besides her ramblings would pass as a compasionate and loving individual, but, then it is like "POW" and this person turns into
    a very inteligent and sinister person who will in great detail explain how she would like to rid herself of persons not liked in our unit.

At times I find it frustrating as the outbursts last about 5 mins then she is back to normal. I am a little on the sensitive side but not
    clairevoyant/claireaudiant but do often sense things around me, the senses she gives off for that 5 mins is like the room is full of
    unseen people, and when it stops , so do the senses....

Very strange sometimes.

Ammit
    I totally agree, as the transmutation takes place, the fuse is getting shorter , more people are getting uptight and having emotional negative outbursts.
    lol
    blue
    dominic

7. Link to Post #67
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

i do not belive that mental illness..all of it...relates to any kind of transmutation.

it is a serious issue in our medical world and our personal world.

To many people judge others, talk about others who are not deemed "perfect" in theire eyes still..

These people speak of love and light...

"oh we are going to help the world"...

and then they bash people who have illnesses that is out of their control.

They tell people they love them...but have no idea what love is.

Fakers...all of them

8. Link to Post #68
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

best pills is love n kindness eh!!!!

9. Link to Post #69
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Yes ..as stated all over this thread..

Real love and care... SINCERE love...cures alll..

10. Link to Post #70
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks

Celine
    I am not sure if they are fakers or not, all I know is that the guys and gals I try to help and make their lives better are in need of more help then I think any amount of love will give. Along with the dementia, autism and adult behaviour problemed people, we also have some that are there to keep the public safe as they are truely uncontrollable once they set their minds to causing others harm.

When you see a 70+ year old retired person who works part time to look after the animals we have as it has 17 acres of farmland, half beaten to death with a metal dustbin, purely because someone didnt like his hat that day, surely makes you wonder how their minds tick.

Ammit

11. Link to Post #71
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Yes Ammit, i apologize... im sorry..

i grew up in the world of psychiatry... i know full well many need ALL the help they can get....forgive me if my comments did not allude to that..

i was hurt very badly By someone on this forum making very insensitive comments direct at me and another member..

but this is just an example of the bigger picture.

The ones who behave this way, will only know what true love is, if they realize how being judgmental like that is detrimental to their growth...not anyone elses,

12. Link to Post #72
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks

Celine
    No appology is needed.
    But none of my comments were directed at you, I was purely trying to remark on the love heals all bit. Some are sadly too far gone for any of that.

Ammit

13. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Hello Celine

What a wonderfully insightful person you, I totally agree with you, sometimes you pass a person in the street and just know they would like a hug - after all don't we all - what a shame our social ineptitude (if that's what it is) prevents us from sharing a few seconds of happiness.

Love and peace to you. JP

14. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

just wanna say : LOVE YA ALL and a very big to all of ya.
    Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late.

15. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hey there Ghostmarley and JP,
    There can never be enough love/hugs given to others in my opinion. So love to all and a big HUG as well!
    Have the nicest day...
    caren

16. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

In regards to the subject of treatment of mental illnesses, most of our ideas about these things IMO have come from the mainstream medical vantage point of dis-ease. Speaking from experience as a past sufferer of depressive episodes, I know how it feels to be unwell in the head, if you'll pardon the expression. My brief experience with seeking relief through psychology/psychiatry taught me that in their view I merely had a problem with the neurochemical workings in my body which just needed tweaking with some meds. I tried those for ammonth or two, and felt numbness. For a short while, it was nice to not feel crappy about the things that were getting me down, but before long it began to bother me that I wasn't really feeling anything at all anymore. So I said screw it. I'd rather be feeling crappy part if the time than not feel antthin at all.

But such is the case with much of the mainstream medical viewpoint on bodies and health. The body is looked at as a meat machine of chemicals and wiring, in most cases ignoring completely the non-physical aspects of the human BEING. Give them a pill to relieve the symptoms is what most treatment protocols boil down to. Helping people function without addressing the source of the dis-ease.

We've been looking at the idea of a lack of love playing a part in the realm of mental illness, and I think that is a huge part of it. Any illness is easier to heal with copious use of love and caring. The other important aspec has to do with thoughts IMO. We have a vague idea of the power of thought, but maybe no enough. It may be true that our thoughts determine how we feel, according to the perspective we choose. With the social pressures and conditioning we face as individuals, we tend to have accepted perspectives because it is expected of us. Only with constant effort can we change our thinking, but it can be done and the effects can be quite profound.

Thinking about how common these freakouts and depressions and such have become, maybe it isn't so abnormal. Maybe these are health reactions to an unhealthy world.

17. Link to Post #77
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

A very insightful post, kcw_one

i agree that there are other tools that need to be in play to help cure with Love.

Care...sincerity...honor...

Imagine, having someone bathe you, feed you, dress you, read to you , tuck you in, and sleep next to you in a chair watcing over you.

Not always... not for a month...

Just...for a moment... to feel that cared for.

To give up all need to focus on yourself...to submit your body, mind and soul...to the care of another...

In that moment of freedom ...is where the healing begins.

18. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Love can take many forms, depending on the needs of the individual.
    Sometimes love means setting healthy boundaries, sometimes it means unconditional motherlove.
    Zen masters would often put the mentally ill in a room alone for long periods of time and just give them instruction in meditation. It often worked.
    On the other hand, rebirthers often get wonderful results by treating their patients as though they are infants, and that too can work.
    Blessed is the healer/ caregiver who knows what is appropriate at any given time!
    And who knows when he/she is responding out of a need to feel needed, which can make the patient even more needy and dependent.

19. Link to Post #79
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

we are , our own best healers..

i dont have faith in people who label themselves healers.

but i agree that there is a variety of ways to cure with Love

20. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A "healer" is simply someone who helps another find the space in which to heal themselves or to allow healing to take place. Healing energy is all around us, we only have to prepare a place within us to let it enter. Nature is the best healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast