Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Mental Illness

Quote Posted by celine (here)
    we are , our own best healers..

i dont have faith in people who label themselves healers.

but i agree that there is a variety of ways to cure with Love
    I agree and disagree Celine.
    Have been the channel for healing but would never say that I did it personally.
    If I personally could heal the world of suffering would be healed, I cant do that.
    The end result is always surrendered to a Higher Power.
    In a world of duality it would sem suffering is necessary to invoke compassion, may that be coming to an end.
    All healing actually come from within the person with the ailment.
    Ive actually seen people with severe clinical depression healed in three sessions using Bio-energy and N.L.P.
    Best analogy I can come up with is.
    Its a bit like a car with a flat battery, along comes another car, jump leads are connected, the first car comes to life and the leads are disconnected.
    First car then is enabled to charge its own battery by going for a long run.
    Its the fits and starts of life that drains the battery, stopping and starting rather than a focus ad keeping on going till the journey is completed, what ever that may be.
    Much love chris.

Ps I trained with the organization link below

http://www.bi-aura.com/

The person who started Bio-energy training and trained me fifteen years ago is now in Canada.
    He is very gifted and a excellent teacher.
    His link below

http://www.daltonsbio.com/
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

3. Link to Post #83
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

Dear Celine -- i always can feel your own tender love

in the '70s i was at an A.R.E. [Edgar Cayce center in Va Beach] conference -- i can't remember who the speaker was -- to show the power of love, he'd asked a young girl, 10 or 11 years old, to stand on the stage by herself, & for all of us [maybe 200 in the audience] to send love to her -- i wasn't the only one crying -- the little girl -- it was like watching a flower open to the sun -- she was glowing, w/a million dollar smile & all her shyness gone -- the love went all around the room also -- i've never forgotten this

i just listened to one of David Icke's talks on the Maria Heller show -- he said that psychiatrists have told him that 25% -30% of people in mental institutions are there because of spontaneous kundalini awakenings -- very sad

some day we'll all be in a place where Love rules

4. Link to Post #84
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for all your wise words. Within the philosophy of the antroposofy, many mental illnesses in people that are kept in institutes, behind fences, are an expression of the temperaments in their purest forms: the choleric, the sanguinic, the melancholic and the flegmatic temperaments. See www.rsarchives.org But my input on a personal level is, that when my family asks me why in the world I am involved in all kind of changes and movements, with happy and sad periods..... why not settle for a steady life...... ? I answer "I rather have a blue spot, a bruise, on my soul than that I should not be able to feel that I have a soul.......... that shuts them down for a while ((:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

pickle (1st March 2011)

6. Link to Post #85
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Tintagelcave, sadly the majority of the folks I work with may have a soul but dont realy know they exist, i do try to tell them of life, the simple things like takeing them out , listen to birds, water and to relax, but most go ape **** because it is simply too mush information. The jug almost full syndrome...
    Love to you all
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

7. Link to Post #86
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Quote Posted by wynderer (here)
    - the little girl -- it was like watching a flower open to the sun -- she was glowing, w/a million dollar smile & all her shyness gone -- the love went all around the room also -- i've never forgotten this

Love rules
    What a beautiful story , thank you so much or sharing this..

8. Link to Post #87
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    Tintagelcave, sadly the majority of the folks I work with may have a soul but dont realy know they exist, i do try to tell them of life, the simple things like takeing them out , listen to birds, water and to relax, but most go ape **** because it is simply too mush information. The jug almost full syndrome...
    Love to you all
    My mother worked with psychiatric patients here in montreal before and after medication came into play..

she told me horror stories of "pits" with men ..(women were held in a different area)...feces on the walls...no clothes... it was horrible...and then when they introduced medication, she was witness to amazing transformations.....she got to brush womens hair, show them how to put on lipstick... simple things ..but gave them so much..

9. Link to Post #88
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Yeah but we do however still hace the faeces on the walls, doors ceilings etc, drugs do what they do, make someone a submissive for a short time then when they have worn of ( if they even worked) it gets even worse. No kidding this is my reality..
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

10. Link to Post #89
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Oh i am not doubting you..

but they way she described it...it was like an "awakening" for many.

People who had been institutionalized all theire life were able to leave..

"Heinz Lehmann was Chair of the department from 1971 to 1975. Lehmann who had been working at Douglas since the 1930s, became famous for being the first person in North America to introduce neuroleptic drugs for schizophrenia. Although best known as a researcher, he was also celebrated as a teacher, inspiring generations of future psychiatrists. Finally, Lehmann stabilized the department during a time of crisis. Political changes in Québec during the 1970s led to the departure of several senior members, but the department weathered the storm, replacing its losses with a younger generation who had innovative ideas. "
    Last edited by Celine; 18th August 2010 at 22:26.

11. Link to Post #90
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

BP pays millions in mental-health aid

BP will provide $15 million for immediate mental-health aid for coastal residents as they continue to struggle with joblessness and depression stemming from the Gulf oil spill.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20...tal-health-aid

Ok its good they want to help...but is this necessary?

12. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Smile Re: Mental Illness

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    Love to you all
    Dear Ammit, yes I know very well what you mean, when you say patients don't really know they exist, but believe me (or not) their beings know everything and are witness to what you give them, how you treat them and who you are. On the personal level there's a problem of not being able to communicate or process information or impressions and I guess you give them as much comfort and love as you can. I was once in a bus, standing next to a so called "mentally retarded person". I didn't feel happy at all, this person looked at me and placed his hand on my shoulder, without saying a word. This kind of gestures I call little miracles and this person knew exactly how I was feeling, great isn't it? My little joke to my family, about the soul, was something I just spoke out of the blue, without thinking, but I realised afterwards that is was exactly true, for me.
    I wish you lots of vitamin L in your work, Ammin!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

sygh (2nd March 2011)

14. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

They say there is a crazy person in every group. It must not be true. I've looked around and I don't see one in my group.

It breaks my heart to read about young kids being prescribed dangerous chemicals to treat some made up disease. These drugs alter the brain in terrible ways. Who knows if it's reversible. The disease mongering Medical Mafia must be exposed to all.

15. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Quote They say there is a crazy person in every group.
    Well, I do try to get around... thanks for asking.

Fred

16. Link to Post #94
    illuminate

‘But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked.

‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.’

‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice.

‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.'

Lewis Carroll—Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

17. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

"See how Illuminate continues to struggle to get out of her straight jacket? She must be crazy."

18. Link to Post #96
    illuminate

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    "See how Illuminate continues to struggle to get out of her straight jacket? She must be crazy."
    Hey there Fred... for your information, I got out that straight jacket WEEKS ago
    and of course I'm crazy... crazy in love!

19. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote crazy in love!

Good for you!
    Fred

20. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote from Conk: It breaks my heart to read about young kids being prescribed dangerous chemicals to treat some made up disease. These drugs alter the brain in terrible ways. Who knows if it's reversible. The disease mongering Medical Mafia must be exposed to all.

Hi Conk, I agree with you that the children of today suffer lots of "alien" stuff in their bodies, like the vaccinations they receive in greater numbers, nowadays. I am a Nanny and a healthfood consultant, I live in Holland. I know about a doctor who treats children to clean their system. He can measure the amount of toxicity of the vaccins and helps children to heal, many of them diagnosed with autism and adhd. Immdediately following the H1N1 Swine Flu vaccinations, lots of children were having dizzy spells and convulsions in their brains. Many doctors in hospitals have witnessed this, but they were obliged to report on side effects only when a life threatening symptom occurred, after this Swine Flu vaccination. Well, well, well, isn't that a shame? The literal meaning of doctor is educator, from the latin educare. If doctors don't educate, we have to educate ourselves, don't you think. Be well and good health, Conk!

This is the oath that doctors take when finishing their study:
    The Hippocratic Oath: Modern Version
    I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.

21. Link to Post #99
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank you tintangelcave.. i have always wondered what exactly was the oath..

I find it interesting that the first one is about honoring other "scientists"..

Many times ive been told...The act of healing is not about the healer but about the patient...

22. Link to Post #100
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

We are all mentally ill to some degree on this war torn planet. Awakening is the process of regaining our sanity, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast