Thread: Movie Trailers

1. Link to Post #21
    Borden

Default Re: Movie Trailers

Quote Posted by Avocadess (here)
    Here are some older ones that I have enjoyed. I rarely see new releases:

GATTACA with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZppWok6SX88

DARK CITY (some actors good, some eh, but overall enjoyed this film and the concepts in it):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jSpowoKqSzc

FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD -- more like a documentary but one of the most inspiring I have for getting healthier. (I watched this free on Hulu.com yesterday!):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

THE MATADOR with Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear I thought was extremely funny and original (note: it's not about bullfighting really):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

THE SCENT OF GREEN PAPAYA -- Vietnamese with subtitles -- I found truly enchanting:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1onAxSm4zVE

And old favorite: HAROLD AND MAUDE:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hR-OojNoVDg
    You're the first person I've ever encountered who also loves 'The Matador'. I think it's a beautiful and hilarious film.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,350 times in 1,657 posts

This looks like one to watch out for too. No trailler yet.

Cloud Atlas

James McTeigue says Cloud Atlas is “like no other movie you have ever seen”

Cloud Atlas, the movie adaptation of David Mitchell’s novel which is being directed by The Wachowskis (The Matrix) and Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run), has received a lot of praise over recent month, but so far we’ve only seen one image and some concept art (above).

Tom Hanks said it is “going to be a beast”, Hugh Grant called it a “strange, ambitious film”, and UK distributor Victor Loewy described it as “phantasmagorical” and “unlike anything I’ve seen in 40 years”. Now director James McTeigue (The Raven) has offered his thoughts on the project.

In an interview with IFC McTeigue, who previously worked with The Wachowskis on V for Vendetta and Ninja Assassin, revealed that he has already been shown parts of the movie and echoed previous statements by declaring “it’s like no other movie you have ever seen, which is the highest compliment I can pay it”.

read more

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), cheez_2806 (29th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

The movie 'Dark Shadows' with Johnny Depp.
    He plays a vampire. Don't know why they call it 'Fantasy'
    In theaters May / June.

Remember Who You Are!

5. Link to Post #24
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Montauk Project: New Film Takes On Allegations Of Mind Control, Time Travel And Alien Encounters At Military Base

In a year when a respected investigative journalist suggested that the Roswell UFO scare may have been the handiwork of Nazi war criminal Josef Mengele and Joseph Stalin, along comes another story involving space aliens and outrageous experimentation on a U.S. military base.

Montauk, N.Y. -- like Area 51, written about in Annie Jacobsen's new book -- has been the center of an otherworldly conspiracy theory for decades.

Believers say that people were kidnapped at a U.S. Air Force base and subjected to mind control and time travel experiments. And extraterrestrials somehow had a hand in it all.

It's been dubbed "The Montauk Project," and is the subject of an upcoming docu-drama, "Montauk Chronicles," executive produced, directed and written by independent filmmaker Christopher Garetano.

But nobody has been able to actually prove these allegations. And all that's left of the Montauk facility -- currently a state park -- are the above-ground remnants of the original Air Force base. According to a document issued by the Air Force Historical Studies office, the Montauk base, known as Camp Hero, was decommissioned in the early 1980s.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...9.html#s293831
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), Spellbound (15th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I think this one will be interesting......

Quote In new sci-fi psychological drama “Sound of my Voice,” a young female cult leader claims to be from the future.

A mysterious figure who lives in a Los Angeles basement, Maggie says she has traveled back 30 years in time to prepare people for what's coming. Like any mesmerizing cult leader, she has followers who listen to her revelations of a bleak future of war, hunger and poverty.

But not all of her followers are genuine. Peter and Lorna infiltrate Maggie's group hoping to expose her as a fraud. Things don't go as planned because, although Peter mistrusts Maggie, he's also taken with her.

Equally as intriguing as the cult leader she portrays, is the film’s promising actress. Brit Marling, who portrays Maggie, co-wrote the script with director and producer, Zal Batmanglij. The filmmakers faced challenges as newcomers in tough economic times.
    http://www.voanews.com/templates/wid...player=article
    Another Earth was a very memorable character movie on a sci fi platform that was also written by Brit Marling......

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Abhaya (14th May 2012), Black Panther (17th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

I saw the previews of Marvel's new "Avengers". Looks interesting. Most of the original guys, too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I think this one will be interesting......

Quote In new sci-fi psychological drama “Sound of my Voice,” a young female cult leader claims to be from the future.

A mysterious figure who lives in a Los Angeles basement, Maggie says she has traveled back 30 years in time to prepare people for what's coming. Like any mesmerizing cult leader, she has followers who listen to her revelations of a bleak future of war, hunger and poverty.

But not all of her followers are genuine. Peter and Lorna infiltrate Maggie's group hoping to expose her as a fraud. Things don't go as planned because, although Peter mistrusts Maggie, he's also taken with her.

Equally as intriguing as the cult leader she portrays, is the film’s promising actress. Brit Marling, who portrays Maggie, co-wrote the script with director and producer, Zal Batmanglij. The filmmakers faced challenges as newcomers in tough economic times.
    http://www.voanews.com/templates/wid...player=article
    Another Earth was a very memorable character movie on a sci fi platform that was also written by Brit Marling......
    Wow thanks for posting I want to see them both!

12. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Studeo (here)
    Montauk Project: New Film Takes On Allegations Of Mind Control, Time Travel And Alien Encounters At Military Base

In a year when a respected investigative journalist suggested that the Roswell UFO scare may have been the handiwork of Nazi war criminal Josef Mengele and Joseph Stalin, along comes another story involving space aliens and outrageous experimentation on a U.S. military base.

Montauk, N.Y. -- like Area 51, written about in Annie Jacobsen's new book -- has been the center of an otherworldly conspiracy theory for decades.

Believers say that people were kidnapped at a U.S. Air Force base and subjected to mind control and time travel experiments. And extraterrestrials somehow had a hand in it all.

It's been dubbed "The Montauk Project," and is the subject of an upcoming docu-drama, "Montauk Chronicles," executive produced, directed and written by independent filmmaker Christopher Garetano.

But nobody has been able to actually prove these allegations. And all that's left of the Montauk facility -- currently a state park -- are the above-ground remnants of the original Air Force base. According to a document issued by the Air Force Historical Studies office, the Montauk base, known as Camp Hero, was decommissioned in the early 1980s.

This looks very interesting. I hope there is more info posted about this as it is released.

Dave - Toronto

13. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,670 times in 8,595 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Quote Posted by Studeo (here)

This looks very interesting. I hope there is more info posted about this as it is released.

Dave - Toronto
    Link to official trailer at Icke's Headlines site today

from comments at the Huffington link in post above

Quote Montauk is a small seaside resort town on the tip of Long Island that draws vacationers to its shores every year. Camp Hero, located a short distance outside of Montauk, has roots as far back as the Revolutionary War, during which it was used to test military cannons. Later, during World War II, Camp Hero served as a coastal defense installation against any possible Nazi intrusions into America.

"Montauk Chronicles" follows the story of three men, Alfred Bielek, Stewart Swerdlow and Preston Nichols, who claim that Camp Hero ended up as an underground site for scientific atrocities.

Bielek, a retired electrical engineer, maintains he was part of the mysterious Philadelphia Experiment, where in 1943, the U.S. Navy allegedly tried to make a small destroyer undetectable to radar. The test ended in disastrous results, including the ship disappearing from the Philadelphia Navy yard and -- purportedly -- traveling through time.

According to Bielek's story, he was transported ahead in time from Philadelphia, and extraterrestrials were responsible for the technology used in the Philadelphia Experiment. He also maintains he was recruited in 1970 to work on mind control and time travel projects at the Montauk facility.

Swerdlow's story involves being kidnapped as a teenager from his Long Island, N.Y., home, taken to the Montauk base, and subjected to a variety of experiments.

"Beatings, a lot of torture, electrical shock, burials, near-drownings," Swerdlow said. "They'd bring you to the point of death, and then they would save you, and the person doing this would be your rescuer or god, and would say, 'I'm the one that saved you and remember that.' And that became your handler -- your programmer."

Swerdlow recalls being part of some horrific experiments while at the Montauk facility.

"The walls were very damp, oozing water, so it appeared to be deep underground or even underwater. I was always on this cold, hard table. Sometimes there'd be other people around, either my age or older, and electrodes were put into me and injections."

All three men claim to have seen extraterrestrials while at the underground Camp Hero facility.

"Well, there were quite a number of aliens at Montauk," said Bielek. "Some were there on a semi-permanent basis. A lot of them were just visitors that came in and looked at what they wanted to see and went back home.

"There were little grays there, which I suspected were degenerated humans from out of the future. Large gray aliens (which are a different species) were also at Montauk, and they were highly intelligent."

Nichols, like Bielek, was an electrical engineer, who says he worked with Bielek in the mind control and psychic aspects of the Montauk Project.

"There were definitely alien beings at Montauk," Nichols said. "We had the little grays and the larger grays as well as a variety of reptilian beings. The large grays didn't want anything to do with me because they couldn't reach me telepathically. When I entered a room they would leave.

"They were the strangest thing that I ever saw. At that point, I was beginning to doubt my own sanity."

And Swerdlow also saw an alien presence at Montauk. "Most of the time my interaction was with human beings, but I did come into close contact with alien beings.

"I did see, occasionally, intelligent reptilian humanoid beings as well as gray aliens who were once human beings but were physically altered as a result of degeneration and radiation toxins in their system. Most of them communicated with mental telepathy."

Garetano shot much of his upcoming film at the actual site of Camp Hero.

"When you walk through the area now, you see this giant, imposing radar tower that still stands," Garetano told AOL Weird News. "The park currently has strange regulations: You're not supposed to use any radio equipment there and you are cautioned about unexploded ordnance.

"While filming my movie here, I couldn't understand why people are allowed to walk around a park where there are still unexploded devices or why radio equipment isn't allowed if the radar tower is now defunct and the entire base is completely non-operational."

That question may be answered by a brochure issued in 2001 for visitors to Camp Hero which includes a section called "Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Warnings":

Please follow the following steps if you think you have come across Unexploded Ordnance:
    Never transmit radio frequencies (walkie talkies, citizen's band radio) near UXO.

Never attempt to touch, move or disturb UXO.

Avoid any area where UXO is located.

Garetano thinks it's "strange that they don't want you to use radio devices that may set off unexploded bombs, yet they allow the public to walk around a potentially high danger area!"

In addition to the giant abandoned radar tower at the Camp Hero site, there are also huge doors, or bunkers, cemented and sealed into the side of several hills in the forest area.

Also, strewn throughout the wooded park are numerous things that appear to be above-ground manhole covers.

"These are entrances that obviously go down into something," Garetano said. "There are claims from people that these are entrances to underground tunnel systems that ran beneath the military base that allegedly would take you to the true entrance of the facility."

Among the bizarre things claimed by the individuals who say they took part in the Montauk events was a device they called the Montauk Chair. Allegedly, a powerful psychic sat in the chair and was able to materialize objects out of thin air -- manifesting them into physical reality.

After spending countless hours with the men who are the subjects of his film, Garetano says he didn't always believe their stories.

"At first I didn't. These men have not benefited financially -- they didn't gain anything from this. And they've endured ridicule as they maintain their story," Garetano said.

To be sure, this story is filled with allegations, suppositions, unsupported claims and far-out "Stargate 1"-type movie and television science fiction. It certainly describes any typical urban legend.

The Montauk Project shows no signs of going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 15th May 2012 at 15:19.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), Spellbound (15th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

some guys awake particular abilities,not a great film but interesting theme
    Last edited by G.Deluca; 15th May 2012 at 16:30.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G.Deluca For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), firstlook (15th May 2012), Spellbound (20th October 2012)

17. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

Here is a trailer that is not a trailer......followed by the trailer......

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

18. The Following User Says Thank You to firstlook For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

There are some interesting movies coming out,
    especially the Montauk movie.

Thanks for posting the trailers!

I've just seen 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. It was a good movie.
    It's from the Stieg Larsson's trilogy "The Millenium-series". All books were
    published posthumously, because he suddenly died of a heart attack in
    November 2004. He was writing the 4th book. And he planned a series
    of 10 books.

Name:  Stieg-Larsson.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  28.1 KB

There are a lot of similarities between things happening
    in the books / film and what is happening in Sweden:

"He saw the dark sides of Sweden," said Poohl. "He saw racism,
    he saw discrimination, he saw violence against women.
    He saw many things that he wanted to change."

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-3445_162-6944461.html

Information about the movie on the Internet Movie Database:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

Trailer of the movie on IMDB (Quality 720p HD!)
    http://video-http.media-imdb.com/MV5...N2DYA&hint=flv

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-poster.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	16366
    Remember Who You Are!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Spellbound (20th October 2012)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

This is not a new movie (from 2011),
    but if you want to laugh this is a great French comedy.

Based on a true story!

8.5 on IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/

Name:  Intouchables.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  19.3 KB
    Remember Who You Are!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Alecs (29th June 2022)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Here's an extended trailer of the movie 'Cloud Atlas'.This movie is Andy and Lana Wachowski and Tom Tykwer's adaptation of David Mitchell's 2004 novel Cloud Atlas.To be released in October 2012.

Quote Cloud Atlas explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future. Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution in the distant future.

If anyone is having problems with the youtube feed the trailer can also be watched here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92993
    Last edited by ponda; 28th July 2012 at 07:28.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Muzz (28th July 2012), Spellbound (20th October 2012)

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Lord Kalki will come as a chastiser or warrior. By this time the planet will be filled with people who will be unable to understand logical conversations. They will be too slow-minded and dull-witted, not capable of being taught much, especially in the way of high philosophy regarding the purpose of life. They will not know what they need to do or how to live. And they certainly will be unable to change their ways. Therefore, Lord Kalki does not come to teach, but simply to chastise, punish, and cleanse the planet.

Furthermore, we also find the name of the place where Lord Kalki will appear and the name of the family in which He will be born. The family will be qualified brahmanas. This means that a disciplic and family line of spiritually qualified brahmanas will remain on the planet throughout the age of Kali, no matter how bad things get. Though they may be hidden, living in a small village somewhere, it will be this line of bhaktas, spiritual devotees, from which Lord Kalki will appear in the distant future. No one knows where this village of Shambala is located. Some feel that it is yet to manifest, or that it will be a hidden underground community from which Lord Kalki will appear.
    http://www.yoga-philosophy.com/eng/kalki/kalki.htm

"Shasta" from Sacred Mysteries Productions, by writer/director, Jay Weidner and producer, Sharron Rose

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

leavesoftrees (28th September 2012), nickc2496 (28th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Martin Sheen and Woody Harrelson set for 9/11 truther film

Name:  September Morn.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  19.7 KB

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...n-9-11-truther

"Hollywood is to court controversy with a film that will challenge the official version
    of the events of 9/11, a previously taboo topic for the industry mainstream.
    Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson and Ed Asner, who have all supported
    conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks, have signed up to the movie,
    which is entitled September Morn."

More info about the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375220/
    Remember Who You Are!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (20th October 2012), Spellbound (20th October 2012)

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Looks beautiful and meaningful.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

30. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,405 times in 1,631 posts

This looks like a fun movie.
    IMDb

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (5th June 2022)

32. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

This is an awesome new Predator movie.
    imdb

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

drneglector (11th January 2023)

34. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

The reviews say Austin Butler did an outstanding job playing Elvis.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Harmony (29th June 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th June 2022), onawah (29th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast