+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1 10 20

Thread: Enlightenment - A direct, succinct account of what occurs...

1. Link to Post #381
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment - A direct, succinct account of what occurs...

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    " Rumi does provide a clue, The Self is the I that is left once all illusory attachments/identifications have been given up, the brain/mind/thoughts/ clothes/body etc. That I, unlike the thinking I/ego, is not a mental construct, it is entirely beyond the mind."

Here again. This isn't much of a clue. lol We've heard these things a 1000 times, but why should anybody care about chasing something so vague. Don't get me wrong, im pulled toward it as all of us are. But seriously, I swear that I need to be enlightened just so somebody can finally explain this better. Of course, its beyond words, but surely much more can be said to give a better idea.

Its BEYOND EVERYTHING. So, why would one want to turn off this holographic light show illusion and hang out in this mysterious reality? IS there anything to do? lol Is it beyond feeling? Is there any kind of transmission or communication of some kind? Or does the REAL reality suck without its opposite projected illusion. Are both needed? arent they essentially the same thing? That is the state of God? If enlightened beings are in the REAL world with "God", they sure dont seem very omniscient from earths point of view. Why cant enlightened beings connect to that pool of omniscience and download any answer.

I realize some of these questions probably are just distortions, but where do i find more on this ever elusive Real world im missing out on. lol
    Hi Merkaba,

Try the links in the opening post, or the books recommended, to gain insight on the nature of Absolute Awareness. It has nothing to do with a world, an idea, or any form whatsoever.

When you are ready, choose a spiritual practice. Better to be IT, rather than to attempt to perceive IT or understand IT, neither of which are possible anyway.

Most of your questions have already been answered in one way or another in this thread to others.

It isn't about gaining knowledge of the Self, or whatever term you prefer, it's about dis-identifying with appearances/illusions, the most persuasive of which is the "I" that is seeking answers relative to it's "needs" .

In truth, you already are IT. And IT is beyond space, time, form and conception. Just don't try to "get there" with the mind. The closest that dualistic language can come to explaining IT has already been stated

as "God is Love". But using words is like trying to show someone the ocean, one thimble full at a time, they'll be dead long before they "see" the ocean.

https://encyclopediaofbuddhism.org/w...poisoned_arrow

Explore the metaphors contained in the thread, but if you really want direct spiritual awakening - practice!

In Lak'ech
    SM
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

O Donna (18th July 2021), Wind (14th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #382
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Shadowman (here)
    It isn't about gaining knowledge of the Self, or whatever term you prefer, it's about dis-identifying with appearances/illusions, the most persuasive of which is the "I" that is seeking answers relative to it's "needs" .
    Point to 'I', a stretch

Quote “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”
    - Hamlet
    Quote Perseverance is persistent insistence.
    - Manuela George-Izunwa
    In a sense, I am a metaphor

Meta-four

Four: in ancient symbolism:

It represents stability, the body, and the illusion of time – the 4th dimension.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

greybeard (18th July 2021), Shadowman (20th July 2021), Wind (19th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #383
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

I come here for the first post of Tim from time to time.
    The Truth coming from Nasargadatta --Ramana and others is identical.
    David Carse Is my current listening daily.
    Many thanks to Tim who is the flute that the Divine music/Truth flows through

Chris

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (11th December 2022), Peace in Oz (11th December 2022), Shadowman (12th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1 10 20