+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D beats vaccines every day

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Default Vitamin D beats vaccines every day

Hi Avalon,

I was going to post this thread in the Alternative Medicine & Sciences section, but since vitamin D isn't really an alternative medicine and more significant I think this is a really important message for those who are not informed about this yet, I post this thread here in general discussion, so a lot of people get to see it. I hope that's ok?
    I have been using vitamin D as a supplement since half a year and my health, especially during the winter, has increased dramatically.

this one is 8:34 minutes
    http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=F8...9A5A8A26FB248C

This one is 5:18 minutes
    http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=0F...B4078E3CC23262

Last edited by Eram; 8th April 2012 at 20:07.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), astrid (8th April 2012), avid (9th April 2012), Carpathian (8th April 2012), Chilli (9th April 2012), D-Day (8th April 2012), DeDukshyn (9th April 2012), DreamsInDigital (10th April 2012), drneglector (13th January 2019), exponentialist (10th April 2012), frances (8th April 2012), Gardener (26th January 2014), haibane (9th April 2012), im awake (8th April 2012), karamba (6th March 2014), kathymarie (9th April 2012), laperle (18th February 2013), meat suit (9th April 2012), NancyV (9th April 2012), Ontarioguy (8th April 2012), PathWalker (8th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023), Spellbound (12th January 2019), Sue (Ayt) (2nd February 2023), thepainterdoug (15th November 2020), ThePythonicCow (8th April 2012), WhiteFeather (9th April 2012), Woody (9th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,059 times in 909 posts

Default Re: Vitamin D beats vaccines every day

same with me...
    7000iu per day....and then hit anything else with colloidal silver...bingo

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), astrid (8th April 2012), avid (9th April 2012), Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), Earth Angel (9th April 2012), Eram (9th April 2012), im awake (8th April 2012), kathymarie (9th April 2012), Ontarioguy (8th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

D has dramatically increased my health as well. I began two years ago taking an extra 2,000 - 3,000 IU's daily. And then at times when I thought I might feel "something" coming on, I would increase that days dosage by double. Doing that seems to have made all the difference when it comes to NOT catching long drawn out flus and colds. Previously I would typically come down with a good 4 - 5 common colds per year. I have had maybe 2 very mild forms of the common cold in the last 2 years....and both were during flu season...ie: mid winter. And both lasted less than 2 days...with mild symptoms. I cannot think of anything else that could account for the improved immune system that I now have. Why the wonders of vitamin D were never made known many years ago is something that is a shame, as I was always told to use vitamin C/Zinc. I used them without much noticeable benefit. Going forward from now on, it should be shouted to everyone about the benefits of vitamin D

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ontarioguy For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), astrid (8th April 2012), avid (9th April 2012), Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), Eram (9th April 2012), haibane (9th April 2012), karamba (6th March 2014), kathymarie (9th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (9th April 2012), meat suit (9th April 2012), naochan (13th January 2019), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by Ontarioguy (here)
    as I was always told to use vitamin C/Zinc
    You might not have used enough Vitamin C .

Or you might have been more deficient in Vitamin D than C.

They're all essential, and the optimum amounts, in my experience, are substantially higher than conventional medicine or nutrition recommends.

Vitamin C is essential for building strong collagen, which holds together many of the tissues in our body. A long term suboptimal consumption of Vitamin C increases one's risk of cardio-vascular disease, for example (weaker artery walls.)

Personally, I take five or ten grams of Vitamin C per day, and several thousand IU of Vitamin D, amongst other supplements.

I've no clear recollection of when I last felt any cold or flu like symptoms - must have been several years ago.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), avid (9th April 2012), Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), DeDukshyn (9th April 2012), Eram (9th April 2012), haibane (9th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (9th April 2012), Ontarioguy (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023), seko (8th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my life partner.
    Thanks

I agree, I have been taking vitamin D3 for several years, usually 3 or 4 IUs daily. (best taken at night for maximum benefit). 10 thousand IU is the equivalent to full body sunbathing for 20 minutes. I do not recall having been sick with a cold/flu for at least 5 years. If I have felt something coming on I simply increase my Vitiamin D intake a few thousand IU.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lightseeker For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), avid (9th April 2012), Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), Eram (9th April 2012), karamba (6th March 2014), Ontarioguy (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by lightseeker (here)
    I agree, I have been taking vitamin D3 for several years, usually 3 or 4 IUs daily. (best taken at night for maximum benefit). 10 thousand IU is ...
    I'll wager you meant 3 or 4 thousand IU .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,780 times in 2,666 posts

Brilliant thread. I have promoted 5000 iu Vit D3, and 1000 iu Vit C daily to everyone! We hardly ever get ill.
    No vaccinations allowed.
    Even the old folk haven't had so much as a sniffle for years!!!
    I also make our own colloidal silver for any healing required, and distill our own water to make the colloidal silver. Years ago my partner (who was not a convert then) got a very serious flu, and pleurisy. I showed him the colloidal silver manual (he's a scientist), and he used a nebuliser to 'demolish' the infection! Amazing.
    Another natural product on sores or ulcers is manuka honey (10+, or 15+) - they heal!
    Keep spreading the word folks...
    Avid
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), Cidersomerset (9th April 2012), Earth Angel (9th April 2012), Eram (9th April 2012), kathymarie (9th April 2012), Ontarioguy (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

I've posted before on this subject somewhere !! I've been taking Vit D 3 for the last two years in conjuntion with Echinacea capsules which are used for colds..
    before this I usually had one or two colds a year which in my case always went to my chest and for about 3 to 6 weeks I would have a niggly annoying caugh..
    After hearing Arthur I thought I'd give them a try , even though in my job I'm outside everyday...It was while in the health food shop I was talking to the assistant
    and she said she used Echinacea for colds....So I thought why not and since then I have taken a combination, and although I have had the symptoms of a cold
    several times sore dry throat, which was normally a sign of impending cold. What i do is up the dose and so far 'touch wood' it has worked for me !!

HD/AN: I mentioned the Report from Iron Mountain, which many people say is just science fiction. It’s not science fiction, because that same material was handed to me in a meeting in Tucson, Arizona, in the 1980s.

RP: Directly?

HD/AN: Yeah, directly, in a meeting. Yes. A government meeting that I went to.

RP: You read it.

HD/AN: It was a surprise to me because I didn’t know what the nature of the meeting was.

We were flown to Tucson, Arizona, and stayed at a hotel room. Then we got together, and at the end of the first meeting, they handed out the Report from Iron Mountain – not in book form, but in paper format. And that’s where I first learned of the plans from the Rand Corporation.

RP: Ah-ha. Well, you’re the first person I know that confirms that. The Iron Mountain is confirmed.

HD/AN: It is. I don’t have the paperwork anymore, but it was close, or almost exactly the same thing as in the book that’s now in print again.

RP: So, for you the swine flu epidemic is just part of this plan?

HD/AN: I can’t say. Epidemics are natural things. There are natural epidemics, of course, you know. But, in my opinion, the swine flu is... In this case, this is a dangerous thing, but it’s my opinion only. My preparation is to take vitamin D3. “D”, the letter “D”, 3.

RP: What’s that?

HD/AN: A vitamin.

RP: A vitamin. Vitamin, okay.

HD/AN: Vitamin D3, 2,000 IU – 2,000 International Units – every day. Up to 5,000. For certain reasons, the sun converts in your skin – when it hits your skin – into vitamin D3, but because of the nature of the sun now, and other factors, that won’t work in this case.

But for general “agripe”, you call it?

RP: Ah. Agripe. Yeah. Flu.

HD/AN: Or flu, any kind of flu. Vitamin D3 will reduce your chances greatly of getting any kind of flu, okay? So I recommend that as a supplement, and for other reasons, too, that have nothing to do with flu.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""
    Echinacea..plants/ flowers

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""
    Dosage is interresting and although you can follow a fixed dose daily, I like to vary it
    according to intuition, I am a believer of the plasebo effect and mind over matter, but that
    is not a deffence against viruses, though keeps you positive!!
    As I said i work outside so am in contact with what sunlight there is which varies especially
    here with clouds and chemtrails etc so the quality is dubious imho...
    Any way my dosage will seem odd to some of you, but has worked for me so far...
    In the winter I was taking 2 D3 tabletts and three echinacea capsules a day.
    Now I am takiing 1 D3 and 1 or 2 ech' capsules a day.
    I am on holiday at the momment and have not taken any for a week..
    Basically especially as they are not cheap i am finding my own level...

As I said before I have had several cold symptom attacks especially when germs
    and bugs are going around the office before we go out. Each time I up the dose
    drastically for example I'l take a couple extra D3 capsules, but will take as many
    ech' capsules as neccessary....
    On one occasion for example I took 3 capsules in the morning, 3 midday,
    3 tea time and 3 before bed and the sore throat and others symptoms
    went and on odd occassions I've upped the dose if I felt the need !!
    As I said find your level and see if it works for you , It does for me !!

Cheers Steve...
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 9th April 2012 at 13:23.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), Eram (9th April 2012), karamba (6th March 2014), Ontarioguy (9th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Ontarioguy, don't knock Vit C out of hand. I take 1000mg of Vit C a day and it keeps me feeling good. However, whe nI get that scratchy feeling at the back of my throat, which usually means the onset of a cold, I up the dose considerably. Usually between 3 and 5000 Mg per day. That usually kills the cold outright. One note though. If you suffer the dioreaha (sp) then cease taking it as high vit C will make that worse. If your solid, then keep going.

Not been taking Vit D but will look to doing so as it being in England, we tend to get less sun than a lot of you
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.

twitter:@armleywhite

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Simonm (here)
    Ontarioguy, don't knock Vit C out of hand. I take 1000mg of Vit C a day and it keeps me feeling good. However, whe nI get that scratchy feeling at the back of my throat, which usually means the onset of a cold, I up the dose considerably. Usually between 3 and 5000 Mg per day. That usually kills the cold outright. One note though. If you suffer the dioreaha (sp) then cease taking it as high vit C will make that worse. If your solid, then keep going.

Not been taking Vit D but will look to doing so as it being in England, we tend to get less sun than a lot of you

In Short:
    *Vitamin C is for helping your immune system, it is the fuel.
    *Vitamin D is the starter motor, it gives the immune system a kick in the but to get into action. Without vitamin D the immune system is there, ready and steady, but in a deep sleep

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), Alie (9th April 2012), laperle (18th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    Quote Posted by Simonm (here)

In Short:
    *Vitamin C is for helping your immune system, it is the fuel.
    *Vitamin D is the starter motor, it gives the immune system a kick in the but to get into action. Without vitamin D the immune system is there, ready and steady, but in a deep sleep
    So, the consensus is what amount? I gather 2000-5000IU of D3 --- gel is best? C how much? Thanks.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

Eram (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

22. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Folks, make no mistake, I should have mentioned that I DEFINITELY supplement with Vitamin C as well. I use minimum 5,000 Buffered C / day! sometimes a bit more in fact. As well I take a full spectrum multi vitamin/mineral caplet daily. I have been involved in bodybuilding for 30 years and have always used vitamin C . I just did not take enough vitamin D and living in the northern part of Canada, we go through a good 5-7 months with too little sunshine. And therefore our bodies do not get the chance to produce vitamin D as much during those months. So since upping my D levels, everything is 100% better. Alie? to answer your question, you might get several different opinions. I have mentioned what I have found to be beneficial for me. If I had to throw out a number, I would suggest a minimum of 2,000 D/day and minimum 3,000 C day. I prefer the buffered C or sometimes called (ester C ) as the body seems to absorb it better then regular non buffered C . Bear in mind those are only suggestions,( I am NOT a Doctor), and you will want to find what works best for your particular needs. I exercize regularly, and therefore my needs might be different from another who does not have an active lifestyle. Everyone is different, but I still believe EVERYONE CAN BENEFIT from increasing their daily intake of C & D .
    Last edited by Ontarioguy; 10th April 2012 at 01:55.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ontarioguy For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), Eram (9th April 2012), exponentialist (10th April 2012), karamba (6th March 2014), marko (9th April 2012), pyrangello (2nd February 2023)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Bumping this thread and adding a recent lecture from Dr Michael Holick a prominent Vitamin D researcher. He has been a guest on my Boston radio show 4 times over the years and he invited me to this lecture and unfortunately I was not able to attend however fortunately it was recorded and now available for us all!!! Enjoy! Do yourself and your friends and family a favor and learn about the importance of vitamin D. I take 6000 IUs per day.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), karamba (6th March 2014), meat suit (26th January 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member nzreva's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya'll lots of stuff on Vitamin D here http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/vitamin-d/

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nzreva For This Post:

karamba (6th March 2014), Kimberley (26th January 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

I've just seen this thread, I've taken vit D for 2 years now and find it so beneficial, especially through the long winter months.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

30. Link to Post #16
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you supplement with vitamin d - check this regarding Magnesium and its roll regarding calcium/vitamin d

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valle For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014), Gardener (14th March 2014), karamba (6th March 2014), Kimberley (26th January 2014), NoNeedForAName (14th March 2014)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

I've been taking vitamin D3 (5000 IU/day) for a little over 3 years now... and haven't gotten a cold or flu since.

Mind you, during that time I've also been taking buffered vitamin C powder, fullvic mineral liquid concentrate, krill oil, alkalizing veggie green/superfood powder, Lugol's iodine, reishi extract, and cordcyceps extract on a daily basis as well... so it's difficult for me to determine exactly how much the D3 has contributed to my seeming invulnerability to infections.

All I know is my family, friends, and co-workers are constantly amazed by my ability to avoid getting sick

I always say to them... feed your body the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients it needs, and it will take good care of you!
    Last edited by alh02; 14th March 2014 at 13:31.
    “There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”
    ~ Albert Camus

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alh02 For This Post:

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Hello Avalonians I have a question about vit D3, can anyone share which brand(make) the are buying?
    Thank you
    Love

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Hi karamba.

Here I take Super D3 or/and Vitamin D3 Complete from Allergy Research Group. They're cheap and seem fine. You can buy them, if I am not mistaken, from Amazon, iherb.com and Mom*E*Mineral websites. Both have 2000 UI of D3. If you want to take a big dose of D3 diary, I think you should then take 1 capsule of Super D3 and 1 capsule of Vitamin D3 Complete. Never take more than 1 capsule from Vitamin D3 Complete because it has 3000 IU Vitamin A in its composition and, I heard, the excess of Vitamin A can cause blindness. This quantity of Vitamin A corresponds to 60% of your diary needs, says Allergy Research Group. If you want even higher doses of Vitamin D3 you can buy pure 5000 IU Vitamin D3 capsules at Biovea's website. But I don't remember the brand of this capsules now.
    One cannot live apart from its true nature. It can fake its own existence, by choice or ignorance, and yet it will never be able to negate who it actually is.
    -- myself

"If you name me, you negate me. By giving me a name, a label, you negate all the other things I could possibly be."
    -- Søren Kierkegaard

36. The Following User Says Thank You to NoNeedForAName For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Just to support the VitD 3 anecdotal evidence.
    I ran out of Vit D3 a few weeks ago in an attempt to save money I was waiting for the company to put them on sale at half price (they do this once a year or so.......). 2 weeks without, and I kinda got lazy and remiss.

I have not had a cold virus for well 7-10 years, can't remember really.
    A week ago I got a cold. A miserable variety, I will not be taking that risk again.
    My usual is 3-5000 depending on climate/season.
    2 x Vit B complex (not sure of strength)
    Ascorbic vit C powder half a teaspoon (no idea of weight lol) its my tolerance level.
    Magnesium Citrate. half a teaspoon, (as above)
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

alh02 (14th March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast