+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 10 20 28 LastLast

Thread: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

1. Link to Post #181
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    ... that link doesn't work.
    Here's that link: Conk's post # 149: WHEAT: AN EXCEPTIONALLY UNWHOLESOME GRAIN.

Dennis

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

conk (17th September 2012), Dawn (20th September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (17th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #182
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    ... ingesting of toxins ... Did I miss any other cause?
    breathing in toxins, inserting toxins via dental (mercury fillings, root canals) and cancer (radiation, chemo, ...) treatments, ...
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

conk (17th September 2012), Dawn (20th September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #183
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Dawn, that link doesn't work.
    I fixed the link quoted in Dawn's post.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

conk (17th September 2012), Dawn (20th September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #184
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

I love this thread. It is so rich with shared information. It is thought that the mitochondria within each and every cell in our body is a bacteria. They have their own DNA, they like light (read the links at www.theledman.com), and they make all the energy for the cells to keep them alive (in the form of ATP). The most active cells (in the heart, liver, eyes etc) have over 1000 mitochondria within them which allows them to have the energy to do their jobs. As people age, the number of mitochondria within their cells diminishes and this is thought to be one of the causes of the slow down which occurs in aging.

I have begun craving kefir in a way which would be scary if I didn't know how good it is for me. I am now drinking about 2 quarts of it daily... and I have developed a taste for it in a really sour, or advanced state of fermentation. As I have increased my kefir intake, I have found that my body is showing new signs of detoxing. According to articles on kefir it is a very effective liver cleanse. I even have emotional releases on some days, followed by foul smelling stool a few hours later which will continue for as much as 24 hours.

I feel physically more healthy and strong when I eat raw foods, so almost everything I eat is raw. At this point in my process I stick to liquids until about 2:30-3:00PM, after which I eat solid food. This allows my liver and other organs to detox all morning and into the early afternoon. My morning food consists of kefir and freshly made green juice. At first I found green juice, without any sweet additions like apple or carrot, to taste unpleasant. However, as the months have rolled by, my taste buds have changed. Now plain greens that are juiced taste sweet to me, just as they are. I vary my daily juice recipe depending on what is ready to harvest from my garden, and what is in season at the organic farmers stand. This summer I learned that zucchini squash has just about more juice than anything else in the garden. They make a wonderful dark green juice, when I use the variety with dark green skin.

My solid food, which I begin eating in the afternoon usually consists of some raw meat and/or fish as well as sauerkraut and fresh vege leaves. For desert I love berries and raw cream mixed with cultured sour cream. Yum... Occasionally I have home made buttered popcorn for a treat, but it is definitely harder for my body to digest than the other raw foods I eat.

I'd love to hear from others... how are you doing on your program with kefir, sauerkraut, and other fermented foods? Have you noticed any changes?
    Last edited by Dawn; 20th September 2012 at 08:56.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Antagenet (21st September 2012), Calz (20th September 2012), conk (20th September 2012), DoubleHelix (22nd September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), meat suit (20th September 2012), MorningFox (27th November 2014), Ol' Roy (21st September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

9. Link to Post #185
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 times in 356 posts

I have been giving kefir to my children for about 10 days now. My son doesn´t tolerate milk protein very well, but I decided to let him try kefir anyway.
    He loves it!
    He has had tummy problems for most of his life and Iam hoping that the kefir and fermented vegetables we have been eating for 6 months now, will help him heal. He loves fermented cabage and carrots too! ( Funny -my daughter, who does not have any tummy issues, is a lot less keen on fermented foods )

Dawn, how do you make your kefir? I leave mine for 24 hrs with the grains, and then another 24 hrs with a lid a room temperature.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Calz (20th September 2012), Dawn (21st September 2013), Eram (20th September 2012), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

11. Link to Post #186
    Thanks

Quote Swan: My son doesn´t tolerate milk protein very well, but I decided to let him try kefir anyway.
    He loves it! ....Dawn, how do you make your kefir? I leave mine for 24 hrs with the grains, and then another 24 hrs with a lid a room temperature.
    Great report Swan. I have all of my friends started on it and give extra grains away every few weeks. One thing I've learned is that it is best to start SMALL. Dr McBride (see post at thread beginning) recommends that people start with a spoonful, and increase the amount slowly, to avoid severe herxheimer detoxing reactions. If your son has any difficulties, you might need to reduce the amount he is taking, and build up slowly.

It is difficult to quantify how to make kefir. Daily temperatures in most homes vary with the weather, and warmer weather affects how rapidly kefir will ferment milk.... Then there is the quantity of grains you put into the jar to begin with. The key is to watch for the milk in your kefir culture to begin to separate into curds. When you look through the sides of your culture jar, you will begin to notice slightly yellowish clear whey forming. This is a sign that your kefir is done. Leaving it out longer makes it more tangy, and increases the lactic acid content, as well as reducing any remaining milk sugar. When you decide it is finished depends on your personal taste buds.

Some of the things I do personally to make the sour tangy taste I like most include these:

1. I do not wash out the culture jar, which builds up a layer of healthy kefir organisms on the glass. I put the grains back in the coated jar and add slightly warmed milk to within 1inch of the top. Lots of living kefir organisms assure me that I will get maximum fermentation. The 1 inch headroom allows the kefir to expand as it fills with bubbles.

2. I screw the cap tightly onto my jar because I like the fermentation bubbles which form within the beverage that I drink. They bubbles make it slightly effervescent, which I love. However many people just cover it with a cheesecloth and let the gasses made by the kefir organisms escape into the air.

3. I like to leave mine out an extra 6 hours or so at room temperature, after I've strained it, if I'm in the mood for a REALLY sour kefir. Otherwise it goes into the refrigerator as soon as I strain it. When I leave it out, it becomes very lumpy as new curds form within it- my partner doesn't like the lumpy texture of well formed curds. Often I put it through the colander a second time if I've left it out on the counter, just to smooth out the curds and break them up again.

4. I've taken to opening the culture jar and stirring my kefir after about 6 hours. This makes the process go more quickly as it puts milk sugar in contact with the grains which tend to rise to the top of the container as they create fermentation gas. My kefir is ready almost 6 hours faster if I stir it midway in the process. However, you can make great kefir if you skip this step.

5. I use raw milk. I can still get it in California, thanks to some very active grass roots people, who have fought the good fight to keep it available. My friends, who use pasteurized milk, do not seem to have as much success as I do. Their grains do not multiply and double every 3 weeks as mine do, and some have come to me for new starter cultures, because theirs died or acquired an 'off' flavor. Likely they did not take the care I do in feeding theirs frequently... however the raw milk I use could be an advantage.

6. And... be SURE you are NOT using any metal when working with your kefir. It is very acidic and will dissolve the metal. This makes the kefir somewhat toxic and will eventually kill your culture. I use a wooden spoon, a glass culture jar with a plastic lid, and a plastic colander.
    Last edited by Dawn; 20th September 2012 at 10:35.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Calz (20th September 2012), conk (20th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2012), DoubleHelix (22nd September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), meat suit (20th September 2012), Ol' Roy (20th September 2012), Swan (20th September 2012), The Truth Is In There (22nd September 2012)

13. Link to Post #187
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 times in 356 posts

Thank you for the info Dawn. I did use a metal strainer ( stainless steel ) the first couple of times, but now I just fish the grains out with a plastic spoon.

I read the Kefir links mentioned above and find it fascinating that that real kefir grains cannot be manufactured. And that noone really knows where they came from originally.

Magic

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Dawn (20th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2012), DoubleHelix (22nd September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    5. I use raw milk. I can still get it in California, thanks to some very active grass roots people, who have fought the good fight to keep it available. My friends, who use pasteurized milk, do not seem to have as much success as I do. Their grains do not multiply and double every 3 weeks as mine do, and some have come to me for new starter cultures, because theirs died or acquired an 'off' flavor. Likely they did not take the care I do in feeding theirs frequently... however the raw milk I use could be an advantage.
    I don't know about that Dawn,

My sister lives in Gomera (one of the Canary islands) and is only able to get UHT milk, not raw or pasteurised milk.
    Her Kefir grains multiply every few weeks also, as do ours as a matter of fact, but we use heated raw milk up to 70/75 celcius.
    I think it has to do with treating the grains how they like it and never abuse them (metal, contact with chlorided water, different sorts of milk etc etc).

congratulations with your son loving the kefir Swan.
    I'll bet it will make a big difference for him.

Our son doesn't love it, but sweetened with stevia, he will drink a glass a day (under protest ).
    He begins to understand though, that his gut likes it and and that his digestion is doing much better now.

Our youngest (2 years) doesn't like it eather, but now that she sees her brother drink it every day, she tries it out now and then.
    Also, we play games with the kefir, makes funny faces when drinking and saying... a bit weird........ but....... yummie for the tummie , and she like playing it and so... in the end she will get used to it too.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Dawn (20th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2012), DoubleHelix (23rd September 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), meat suit (20th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), Swan (20th September 2012), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

17. Link to Post #189
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    ... that link doesn't work.
    Here's that link: Conk's post # 149: WHEAT: AN EXCEPTIONALLY UNWHOLESOME GRAIN.

Dennis
    Now we will have to check on rice as well - of course, the FDA does not agree with the report. But it was in Canadian News yesterday and it seems that our Canadian agency agrees a lot with it.

In English:

CTV news: very good explanations from scientist
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/consume...-rice-1.962179

Consumer report

http://fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com/vi...-30643252.html
    Last edited by Flash; 20th September 2012 at 11:49.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

conk (20th September 2012), Dawn (20th September 2012), Eram (20th September 2012), Hervé (20th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), selinam (24th January 2013), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

19. Link to Post #190
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Dawn, good to read about you eating raw meat. I'm going to start as soon as I get my zero freezer, then buy a side of grass-fed (and NOT grain finished) beef. If eating it raw sounds like a bad idea, do some homework friends. Quality raw meat is quite nutritious. Eating it as chevichi (sp?) may make it more palatable, especially the fish.

I read earlier in the thread that you eat high meat. How long and how do you age it? How does it taste?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Dawn (20th September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks

Quote Flash: Now we will have to check on rice as well - of course, the FDA does not agree with the report. But it was in Canadian News yesterday and it seems that our Canadian agency agrees a lot with it.
    Wow... I've totally missed this info until now. I did not realize that arsenic has been fed to farm animals to fatten them... then the manure is filled with it so that when it enriches the soil it also taints it. Jeezzz..... Just when I think I've an idea of just how far the poisoning of humanity has spread I am always amazed that I'm only looking at the tip of the iceberg. Since I've been on the GAPS diet I'm really eating almost no grains or seeds. I do cheat with popcorn from time to time, but not regularly. No wonder so many people are having a hard time awakening. Arsenic can't be good for the brain and nervous system in long term exposure... and then there is the cancer stimulating effect. Oh well. I guess I'll continue avoiding grains in my diet.

Quote Conk: Dawn, good to read about you eating raw meat. I'm going to start as soon as I get my zero freezer, then buy a side of grass-fed (and NOT grain finished) beef. If eating it raw sounds like a bad idea, do some homework friends. Quality raw meat is quite nutritious. Eating it as chevichi (sp?) may make it more palatable, especially the fish.

I read earlier in the thread that you eat high meat. How long and how do you age it? How does it taste?
    Conk, I've mentioned this a couple of times in this thread, and the response varied from skipping my post as though it had not happened, to answering posts saying that this was 'disgusting'. It is very refreshing to have someone with an open mind step into curiosity about it.

Fresh Raw Meat and Fish: The 'authority' I've read and learned from on this matter is Aajonus Vonderplanitz's, his website has lots of great information http://www.wewant2live.com/. His personal story is very dramatic and very convincing. He has led hundreds of people into health with his methods. He advocated raw meat and fish that has NOT been frozen because freezing changes the food so that is 'dead'. A freezer sounds so wonderful, but according to him this is not the answer.

High Meat. This was so named by the Eskimos because it made them 'happy' and 'strong' .. or 'high'

I followed Aajonus in making mine and his directions are very specific, and very easy. I made 'high' fish, chicken, and beef in the beginning. You must wait 30 days before you eat it, because it undergoes a specific process with different types of bacteria and breakdown substances present at different stages of fermentation. Aajonus spent quite a bit of time living with native tribes and he learned about this through them. The Eskimos bury their 'high' meat in grass lined pits in the ground and cover with soil. For the rest of us... the refrigerator works something like the grass pit, provided you let your sealed jar breathe every 3 days or so and leave lots of room in the jar for air to feed the fermentation process.

I eventually gave away the high fish and chicken I'd made to someone who is also working on his health. I kept the beef based high meat for me. Strangely they all seemed to taste the same, but I like the darker color of the beef. At this point my high meat is about 5 months old. The taste of it is bland and the texture is a little more chewy than raw meat. I find eating it a pleasant experience. The odor can be an issue however, because the bacteria in it create a strong smell. Aajonus actually suggested in his book that you plug your nose when consuming this.

My body recognizes this as food however. I was surprised in the beginning that, while my mind thinks the odor is icky, my body actually salivates when it desires some. In the beginning I ate 1-3 marble sized pieces every 2-3 days (I really had to use restraint because I wanted to devour the whole jar at once!) My body had not problem digesting it and in fact a sense of warmth and life spread throughout my body almost immediately after eating it.

Now I only eat 'high meat' every 2-3 weeks, when there is a desire for it. I am letting my body lead me here. I agree with Aajonus about the emotional effect of this meat. I really do find that I am consistently happy for weeks after I eat high meat. Aajonus says the effect last for 6 weeks. I don't know if that is true because I haven't been able to last beyond 3 weeks before I start craving it.

After reading about the effect on brain chemistry of bacteria in the gut, I'm making an educated guess that a bacteria is present in this product which can live in the colon, and which makes brain food for its host.

Here's the recipe again for interested readers:
    1. Use ONLY raw UNFROZEN fresh organic meat from chicken, turkey, fish, beef, or other animal
    2. Cut it into marble sized pieces
    3. Place in a jar 1/2 or less full so there is a lot of air above the meat and close the lid TIGHTLY
    4. Every 3 days take the jar OUTSIDE and open the lid. Wave the jar around for a minute or so to provide fresh air to the organisms inside
    5. Wait a minimum of 30 days before consuming (do NOT eat it the first 4 weeks)
    6. It is good indefinitely... even 1 year old high meat is good and good for you

Here's a little YouTube showing someone with their first exposure to high meat in the form of salmon:
    Last edited by Dawn; 20th September 2012 at 20:41.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), conk (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), Hervé (21st September 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), meat suit (20th September 2012), Ol' Roy (21st September 2012), Swanette (23rd September 2012), The Truth Is In There (22nd September 2012)

23. Link to Post #192
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Here's the recipe again for interested readers:
    1. Use ONLY raw UNFROZEN fresh organic meat from chicken, turkey, fish, beef, or other animal
    2. Cut it into marble sized pieces
    3. Place in a jar 1/2 or less full so there is a lot of air above the meat and close the lid TIGHTLY
    4. Every 3 days take the jar OUTSIDE and open the lid. Wave the jar around for a minute or so to provide fresh air to the organisms inside
    5. Wait a minimum of 30 days before consuming (do NOT eat it the first 4 weeks)
    6. It is good indefinitely... even 1 year old high meat is good and good for you
    Hi Dawn

Unfortunately there is no longer such a thing as organic fish. Given the amount of plastics in the oceans, plastic has now entered the foodchain. Plastic that ends up in the sea tends to attract other chemicals and heavy metals such as mercury which attach to its surface. After a time plastic breaks down into smaller and smaller particles which are eaten by birds and fish and so enter the foodchain.

see Plastic oceans

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3583576.htm

I might give high meat a try. Interesting reaction you have to it, the nose says no, but the gut says yes. Happy for 6 weeks after consumption sounds good!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

conk (21st September 2012), Dawn (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012)

25. Link to Post #193
    United States Avalon Member Ol' Roy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 times in 399 posts

Hi Dawn,

Lol on the guy eating the high meat! I like my steak rare, as in cooked a little.( Take the moo out).
    Just a couple of questions. You say the kefir starter multiplies every 3 or 4 weeks> How do you restart it? Strain it out?

I also have many allergies. Especially all condiments that have vinegar in them. Also store bought saurkraut. Would homemade be any different possibly on my digestive system? I do love my buttermilk! Kefir might be a nice addition as well as homemade yogurt.

Thanks for all you have done on this thread as well as all you do moderating.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ol' Roy For This Post:

Dawn (21st September 2013), Eram (21st September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #194
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Dawn, thank you for this thread truly full of wonders!

I don't really know how you came to the realization quoted below but, in my view, it is the key to about everything wether it be one's approach to handling internal parasites or external ones such as the so-called archons or vampirizing entities: make friends with your friends instead of empowering the "enemy" by fighting it which is the basis of a Steve Richards' successes in ridding one's self of these other parasitical entities.

[...]

... But neither of these protocols recognize that working with natural and healthy symbiotic organisms that have been our friends for millions of years takes care of almost everything. Make friends with your internal garden, plant friendly symbiotic organisms in it, feed and water them daily. Then watch your health bloom as they grow healthy and strong and defend your body for you.
    To add to one's personal pharmacopeia of one's gardening cabinet, the above quote reminded me of the protocol of seeds planting as delineated somewhere in the book "Anastasia," that is, holding the seeds in one's mouth before planting them so that whatever is planted will grow to give off whatever is needed to help whichever condition is imprinted to the seed via one's saliva... worth considering for nature's tailor-made recipe to a particular individual.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

conk (21st September 2012), Dawn (21st September 2013), Eram (21st September 2012), meat suit (21st September 2012), Ol' Roy (21st September 2012), selinam (24th January 2013), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

29. Link to Post #195
    Thanks

Quote Ol’Roy: You say the kefir starter multiplies every 3 or 4 weeks> How do you restart it? Strain it out?

I also have many allergies. Especially all condiments that have vinegar in them. Also store bought sauerkraut. Would homemade be any different possibly on my digestive system? I do love my buttermilk! Kefir might be a nice addition as well as homemade yogurt.
    Hi Ol’Roy, nice to see you here. Great questions. For starters, your allergies are a classic sign that you do not have enough healthy bacteria in your digestive system. That is what started this whole thread... the more I learned, the more I realized that this is an epidemic in the modern world. The best way to get rid of allergies is to begin to incorporate the information in this thread into your life. So... welcome... it is likely you will find great answers here for your health!

Kefir: While kefir tastes almost exactly like buttermilk, the similarity ends there. A serving of Kefir contains trillions of bacteria which have the ability to colonize your digestive system. These organisms actually make food for your cells and strengthen your body’s immune system. Kefir is not available commercially in stores, perhaps because it will continue to ferment and force its way out almost any container you put it in, if given long enough. One small ‘starter’ of ‘kefir grains’ should last your entire lifetime if you take care of it. Doing this is easy... all you need is a jar and a wooden or plastic spoon (a colander helps but isn’t an absolute necessity). Kefir ferments at room temperature. Just feed it fresh milk, and strain the grains out of the finished product each day. The kefir grains go back into the fermenting jar, and the fermented kefir goes into your tummy. Simple!

Sauerkraut: Unfortunately commercial sauerkraut is pasteurized so that it has a shelf life. It is dead food. Sometimes you can find living ‘kraut’ in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, but even then, you need to read the labels! Sneaky manufactures are putting pasteurized (dead) sauerkraut in the refrigerated deli section of markets, hoping to fool people into thinking their product is the real thing. There is a manufacturer here in California which still makes living sauerkraut and pickles .... Bubbies. Otherwise, you need to make your own, which isn’t too hard and is pretty mistake proof.

Yogurt: This requires a special warm area to ferment whereas kefir does not. It does not colonize the digestive system as kefir does, and does not produce the health benefits of kefir. When I wish to have a kefir product that is more like thick yogurt, I add cream to the recipe. The kefir breaks it down into delicious essential fatty acids. I have also experimented with making kefir cheese by hanging it in a cheesecloth bag to let the whey drain out. The kefir cheese becomes thicker and dryer the longer it is drained. I know that there are lots of ads which state that yogurt is the answer to digestive health, but this really is not true... it is a profit gimmick.

Spend some time going back through this thread. It will change your life. There are links to articles and recipes, along with stories from people who are changing their health. Let me know if you want more info ... Dawn
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st September 2012 at 04:48.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Antagenet (21st September 2012), conk (21st September 2012), DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), Limor Wolf (21st September 2012), meat suit (21st September 2012), Ol' Roy (21st September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #196
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Hi Dawn, thank you for this beautiful and informative thread, my question: Do you have any advice for vegans that do not consume meat or dairy products and suffer from all sorts of allergies and abdominal pain (yes, yes, me:) on how to assist the digestive system and the gut flora with some good bacterias?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Dawn (21st September 2013), Eram (21st September 2012)

33. Link to Post #197
    Thanks

Quote Amzer Zo: To add to one's personal pharmacopeia of one's gardening cabinet, the above quote reminded me of the protocol of seeds planting as delineated somewhere in the book "Anastasia," that is, holding the seeds in one's mouth before planting them so that whatever is planted will grow to give off whatever is needed to help whichever condition is imprinted to the seed via one's saliva... worth considering for nature's tailor-made recipe to a particular individual.
    I love your post. Thank you for your words and thoughts. This thread is all about affirming life! And since you brought up gardening, which is one of my favorite subjects, I'd like to add a little about this. Having a food and/or herb garden is about the most life affirming thing you can do for yourself. There is a special bond that forms between you and your growing food which is really a binding tie of love. I have a web site where my little garden is displayed: www.ourtinygarden.com . Because I walked away from my old life, I am starting over again. My new life began in a very tiny old trailer in a small trailer park. Yet, even here, I have created a garden which supplies about 1/2 of our food. Every available inch of my trailer space is filled with plants and herbs that are beautiful and tasty. I even have tiny livestock, red worms, which I sell and enrich my soil with.

Next week I am traveling to find a small home on acreage. There are many possibilities, and it is time to leave the little trailer which has held me in such love while I healed and faced the legal battles I needed to overcome. Today I had fun looking at miniature jersey milk cows. These tiny cows were first imported into the US for families who only needed a small amount of milk daily. They stand under 44 inches tall and are making a 'comeback' in the US where the 'back to the land' movement has caught on. Their milk is special too, because it contains more healthy fats and oils + certain cancer-fighting proteins. Now, wouldn't that make great kefir! Just for fun here's the site I've been looking on about these delightful family cows: http://www.minimilkcows.com/howtobuy...the_difference
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st September 2012 at 05:03.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), Hervé (21st September 2012), Ol' Roy (21st September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013)

35. Link to Post #198
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    Hi Dawn, thank you for this beautiful and informative thread, my question: Do you have any advice for vegans that do not consume meat or dairy products and suffer from all sorts of allergies and abdominal pain (yes, yes, me on how to assist the digestive system and the gut flora with some good bacterias?
    Hi Limor,

I know of one thing that you can do and that is using water kefir instead of milk kefir.
    If you do some research on it, you will find that it has the same benefits for the gut as regular (milk) kefir.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Dawn (21st September 2013), Dennis Leahy (21st September 2012), Limor Wolf (21st September 2012), Ol' Roy (22nd September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks

Quote Limor: Hi Dawn, thank you for this beautiful and informative thread, my question: Do you have any advice for vegans that do not consume meat or dairy products and suffer from all sorts of allergies and abdominal pain (yes, yes, me on how to assist the digestive system and the gut flora with some good bacterias?
    Limor, my heart goes out to you. Before I answer you, I need to give you some of my history so you will understand the journey I've been on. My own journey gifted me with the wisdom I'm sharing.

Birth- age 28- I was a lacto-vegetarian (eggs and milk + vegetables).

Age 28-34: I married a 'meat and potatoes' man. I began to eat some occasional cooked meat protein. I really didn't like the taste of animal or fish protein. I also had a really challenging time digesting it, so I ate only to 'blend in' with those around me from time to time.

Age34-37: I believed that vegetarians were 'spiritually superior' I became a vegan in my mid 30s. By this time I was allergic to many foods, including milk, so my new diet included eggs... but no other animal protein.

Age 37-50: I went through a major kundalini awakening, followed by a short period as a breatharian. When I added eating back into my regime, all food was hard to digest. By my early 50s I had become allergic to almost all food, and my health was no longer robust.

Age 59-60: I walked out of my life and my marriage. With this added stress my health plummeted and I began to think I might not recover and continue to live on the planet.

2012: This thread was started about 3 months into finding a way to eat that worked for me and just after I had added fermented foods to my life.

Since then my health has turned a corner in a big way. I am filled with vitality and digestion is no longer a problem. (not to mention that going to the toilet is now comfortable and normal!) I have continued to educate myself and do my own research about how to recover and what the root cause of my ill health has been. Here is what I learned which directly applies to you.

1) Food allergies are caused by dis-bi-osis in the gut. (pathogenic and unfriendly micro-organisms living within your digestive tract). When this is present, your body is directly exposed to toxins that transfer directly into the blood from your digestive wastes. In addition, these pathogens combine genetically and physically with your own cells. So... your allergies are a pretty sure sign that you need the fermented foods to rebuild a healthy inner garden.

2) Most people who are vegans eventually become ill because they just are not getting the nutrition they need. There are many stories about this on the 'net. The interview with Aajonus Vonderplanitz's I put on this thread is very revealing in this regard. He is someone like me, and like you, who became ill while living as a vegan. I recommend you consider allowing your body to have some animal protein to help it heal. I strongly recommend you listen to the Aajonus interview.

3) And ... there is water kefir which will help your inner garden grow ... however somewhere you need to get the proper nutrition for your body to heal and that is very tough as a vegan once you become ill like this.

I know this viewpoint is not popular on Avalon. Perhaps I am wrong. However, that is how I got well. I dropped my mental beliefs and did what worked. I was willing to listen to new ideas. I still think that being a breatharian may be the road to true health, because there is no need to deal with food at all, however I'm not there energetically and I am doing what works now.
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st September 2012 at 07:54.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), conk (21st September 2012), Dennis Leahy (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), Hervé (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), meat suit (21st September 2012), Ol' Roy (22nd September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), Swan (21st September 2012), Swanette (23rd September 2012)

39. Link to Post #200
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Dawn, this is the most helpful and informative answer I could hope for. I had peeped into this thread and I read some of your other posts where you shared some of your life occurences so far, the evolution of it feels quite remarkable. Thank you sincerely for sharing and for being a 'service to others' for all of us.

For the last 9 years, up until two month ago I worked long hours on night shift from 1900 till 0600, two three times a week. I loved the job, but my body has reacted negatively to it (understandably so) , I have gained 20 kilos in a relatively short time, I suffered from severe insomnia and my digestive problems started to occur. at the same time my 'wake up call' has consciously began and I started having some experience that were partly connected to Kundalini, and partly more to the 'supernatural' phenomena mostly happening at night . I remember being awake and in a state of over alertness for 14 days in a row where I can recall every minute of this time. I did not get any one second of sleep for the duration of two weeks. I believe that the many years of lack of sleep has effected my glands (especially the thyroid) and left my digestive system (as well as other systems) not operating properly. I also must add that being a 'sensetive' my whole life combined with environment factors expressed by excessive stress and anxiety has also left its mark on me. the stomach area is known to be the center of emotions and I did everything I could to keep my feelings inside, That is a whole another aspect of things, not so much the practical, maybe, but not less important.

Like yourself, I became lacto-vegetarian at the age of 10 and I am a vegan as from november last year. A couple of things happened to me since becoming a vegan (which I didn't plan, happened overnight), My eight years of being deprived of sleep has come to an end , I even started dreaming after many many years of not being able to even have the blessing of the unconscios state of sleep. I started to became more energetic and overall I feel more balanced. my digestive issues is something I can not get rid of, hence the question.

Thanks to you and to Wakytweaky I intend to search more about the water kefir (and of course read this thread from top to bottom!), I take what you say very seriously and with an open mind, I agree that veganism is not for everyone, However, for me, there is no way back, the benefits multiple greatly on the disadvantages, I know other very healthy vegans (from birth!) with not one shread of any health problem, and I know others that it is not suited for them. Video's of personal stories on youtube can be found from both sides of this same coin, one need to consider carfully what will do good to their body and conscience , saying that, I intened to watch Aajonus Vonderplanitz's video, and thank you for your strong recommendation. yes, I believe that vegetarianism over the years has made my sromach very low acidity, which is not allowing food to be properly digested. however,animals protein will probably not cross my mouth unless there are circumstances that are beyond my control, but I think it is most important to do what you yourself suggest and examine all aspect of this issue. One more thing, there is always a place for expressing an opinion, whether it is 'popular' or not, it will always have the potential to benefit someone, as the water kefir advice did to me and by the many above comments, also to many others.

P.s-

Aajonus Vonderplanitz seems to have a lot of video's, maybe you can provide me with the specific link?
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 21st September 2012 at 12:16.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Dawn (21st September 2013), Dennis Leahy (21st September 2012), Eram (21st September 2012), gripreaper (22nd September 2012), Marianne (21st September 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 10 20 28 LastLast