Thread: The Reset Button Movement

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default The Reset Button Movement

Thanks to the input of quite a lot of people, there is a document called The Reset Button, that is looking for a few million people to champion the idea, and perform the action. The action is for US citizens.

Please go to http://www.ResetButton2011.org and read The Reset Button document. If it resounds with you, then let's make this happen!

With love, and in solidarity,

Dennis

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

christian (19th July 2011), Cjay (29th August 2011), crosby (8th July 2011), DoubleHelix (8th July 2011), dourpil (14th July 2011), Erich (8th July 2011), gabbahh (8th July 2011), ghostrider (28th August 2011), Ixopoborn (29th August 2011), Jake (29th August 2011), kathymarie (29th August 2011), Limor Wolf (8th July 2011), Lord Sidious (8th July 2011), Marin (11th October 2011), Mike (29th August 2011), MMA_Fan (28th August 2011), noxon medem (29th August 2011), Sierra (19th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (30th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: The Reset Button Movement

Looks interesting, except for one thing that concerns me, the use of the word ''democratic'' when the system is meant to be republican.
    Not the same and definitely not interchangeable.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

thanks dennis. i've downloaded it for further reference and reading later. this could play a major factor in our independence from the corporatocracy that wages against us. i am reminded of a phrase that i remember reading in one of duncan o'finioan's blog posts: "the hydra has many heads." looks like there is a lot of work to do. thanks for the info.
    regards, corson

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

gabbahh (8th July 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Why is only ONE of our American brothers interested in this ?

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    Why is only ONE of our American brothers interested in this ?
    uncle GR is on board and he is an American brother no worries mate. Funny I was just thinking along these lines two days ago, yep serve four years and done, go be a citizen , love it.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

8. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

If I recall ......the difference between ...''democratic'' system & "republican"

Democratic means democracy which means rule by the mob.

So if you are a none-white man, and three white guys decide for fun to hang you by the neck with a rope under a sturdy branch of an oak tree, well your fate is lawful due to democracy.
    3 out of 4 voted to hang you.

In a republic, you have rights to due process, which means they will have to have a trial with a judge and allow you the chance to prove your innocence, than if found guilty, then they can hang you.

I would think folks in the USA would prefer a republic.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

christian (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (28th August 2011), risveglio (2nd October 2011), Samson (28th August 2011)

10. Link to Post #7
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

You recalled correctly Gary.
    That is the exact difference and that is why the ''governments'' are always pushing this democracy rubbish.
    They want to control how the masses think so that they can control how they ''vote'' on issues.

11. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Democracy is not rubbish.

Your worst case scenario can be acted out under the "republic" paradigm even more easily, and is in fact the current situation in the US. Not this overt, racist, murder scenario, but in thousands of less overt ways (that end up killing or destroying the lives of many more people.)

The US republic paradigm (also called "representative democracy") allows the elites to embed fully one-third of the government, hand-chosen by the elites through "elected" officials, for life. That is, the Supreme Court justices and federal judges. They are "supposed" to be apolitical, but yet are appointees of the dominant political force (which is, of course, the force of the elites.) So, not only can they hang a black man from the nearest oak tree, they can (and do) incarcerate one out of every ten black men in America, and nearly half of the prison population is black. What can the democratic force (the voice of the people) do about it? Nothing.

What do the 535 legislators in America (the "representatives" in our "representative democracy") do about it? Nothing. Well, actually, it is worse than nothing. They allow prisons to become private corporations, and buy stock in them.

What can the citizens in the US - the democratic voice of the US - do about it? Every 2 years, we can select from between either of the candidates that were pre-selected for us by the elite.

"Due process" is part and parcel of rule of law, not a part of a system of governance within the republic paradigm and missing from the democratic paradigm. It is twisted logic to assume that a democracy would create laws that would be detrimental to the majority, such as voting to eliminate due process (or voting to create a constitutional amendment to eliminate due process.) In stark and very real contrast, the republic, with wave after wave of "elected" representatives sponsored by and beholden to the elite, not only could suspend due process, they have. The current and former presidents of the United States, unchallenged by the current and former Congress and unchallenged by (and even aided and abetted by the current - which is largely the same as the former) Department of Justice and the judicial system has indeed suspended due process/ habeas corpus. What can the democratic force (the voice of the people) do about it? Nothing.

Democracy isn't "mob rule." That pejorative phrase is a psychological gambit to attempt to make us want to run away from democracy and towards republic - that is, in essence, to run away from having the voice of the people create the written laws of the land and have have control or at least feedback over the adjudication process dealing with those laws, and run toward allowing a select group create laws, appoint top judges, and make all decisions regarding checks and balances between legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government.

If that "mob rule" example was truly accurate in describing democracy, what would prevent citizens from finding murderous, racist candidates and voting those persons into power?

Equally pejorative, but in contrast completely true, would be to refer to republic as "gang rule." And as George Carlin humorously nails it in one of his routines, "it's a big club - and you ain't in it."

Pure democracy would be cumbersome on any large group. Imagine 320 million Americans voting on which brand of toilet paper to use in the White House. (I'd vote for that Russian stuff that is like sandpaper.) So, for practicality, expediency, and clean bums, we have representatives. But don't let that confuse the issue of the positive force of democracy, the need to make the voice of the people heard, and the reality that the elites have an extremely easy time "gaming" the system as they have set it up, to ensure that the representatives in the republic represent the elite and not the citizenry. We would be utterly insane to protect the system that primarily protects the elite.

Note that The Reset Button, in context, does use the concept of "democracy" properly, and makes no proposal to eliminate the republic. Instead, what is proposed is a major overhaul to the electoral system to eliminate the easy control of government by the elite: by pre-selecting representatives that will do their bidding and only those pre-selected and ordained by the elites make it onto the ballot. The Reset Button proposes a more democratic process, the inclusion of more of the voice of the people - not pure democracy.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 28th August 2011 at 20:19. Reason: small typo ("is" <> "in")

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Corncrake (29th August 2011), DoubleHelix (28th August 2011), kathymarie (29th August 2011), Mike (29th August 2011), Sierra (1st September 2011)

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thanks Dennis, my understanding of the reset button website is that it's talking about true democracy, rather than a party name.
    The word democracy comes from Greek (apologies, I don't have the Greek font on my laptop) - Deimos, "the people" and Kratein "to hold power over",
    so in a TRUE democracy, the people have power over themselves, which to my knowledge only really applies to Switzerland.
    In a democracy, the government serves the people, and does what the people want, NOT the other way round, as in the sham democracies - USA, UK etc etc etc.

Glad to see another American take interest !!
    PS, you've moved continents Dennis ! Is the USA or Oz your country of origin ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Sierra (1st September 2011)

15. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Dennis, my understanding of the reset button website is that it's talking about true democracy, rather than a party name.
    The word democracy comes from Greek (apologies, I don't have the Greek font on my laptop) - Deimos, "the people" and Kratein "to hold power over",
    so in a TRUE democracy, the people have power over themselves, which to my knowledge only really applies to Switzerland.
    In a democracy, the government serves the people, and does what the people want, NOT the other way round, as in the sham democracies - USA, UK etc etc etc.

Glad to see another American take interest !!
    PS, you've moved continents Dennis ! Is the USA or Oz your country of origin ?
    If you look at what is proposed in the Reset Button, Phase I, (one constitutional amendment and one law), you'll see no challenge to the "representative democracy"/republic paradigm - simply a new way to allow the people, not the elite, to select representatives.

Yes, the US has a sham democracy, or more accurately, a sham representative democracy.

The word "democracy", even the phrase "true democracy" is used in The Reset Button document in a rhetorical challenge to the American people to do something about the fact that their voices - our voices - are not being heard, and we are not being represented.

No, I have not changed continents, though it is quite possible that you are reading my mind. For me, The Reset Button was a "last chance", and without it or something equal to it, I give up on the USA evolving in a positive direction. Part of me wants to run away to a less oppressive and repressive country. I cannot logically explain why; I have a gut feeling that the 2012 elections are the last possible chance that the American people have to gain power over the elites (corporatists, bankers, militarists.) The Reset Button, unfortunately, did not light the fire I had hoped it would, and there are no organized (or even chaotic) movements in the US to do anything more than to scream and bitch and cry and whimper at the castle walls. So yes, if I could extract my family, I would permanently leave the US. I was born in the US, have always lived in the US, and (due to family responsibilities) I will probably decompose in the US as well.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 28th August 2011 at 14:44.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

christian (4th September 2011), Corncrake (29th August 2011), kathymarie (29th August 2011), ktlight (28th August 2011), Lord Sidious (28th August 2011), mosquito (29th August 2011), Sierra (1st September 2011), winnasboy (29th August 2011)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks, My comment was because for the last 4 months your country flag was that of Australia (at least, that's what I was seeing !), now it's the USA

18. Link to Post #12
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

[...]
    [...]
    Y'know how words are symbols and the profane (public) meaning is often very different from the older 'occult' meaning of the elite, in the same way graphic or mythological symbols can carry multiple layers of meaning?

In common knowledge, like on wiki, you find this Deimos means The People and Kratein means to rule, so we say Democracy means the people rule. This is not true.

If you look at the original Greek mythology and classical knowledge taught to the elites you see that Deimos is the god of Fear. His brother Phobos is the god of Terror. They are the sons of Ares and Aphrodite.

Demokrates comes from Demos not Deimos. Demos meaning "the people as bound together socially" not the people, and giving us words like Demographic, or a picture of the social opinions/views of the people. The important part being the "bound together". Also relevant is that Citizens were The Public not The People. The People are the masses.

A Deimocracy would mean the masses ruled by fear. A Democracy would be the masses ruled by their social bonds, as given to them by the rulers. A class system basically, or in today's world a Brand or 'Subculture' society. Whatever bond you choose to define yourself and community becomes the method by which you are controlled. Fashion, Music, Common Lore and Belief etc. Emo, Truther, Jew, Terrorist. All labels created and propogated by the hidden rulers.

What we think of as democracy "rule of the people" doesn't exist. If each person truly ruled themselves you would have no rule, or Anarchy. Which we are conditioned to believe means a lawless violent world where brutal savages rule and is something we should avoid at all cost lest we become savages. This being tied in to the false history of 'cavemen' and false theory of Evolution proposed by dogmatic post-darwinists but not by Darwin himself. Darwin said survival of the best adapted was a part of Evolution but the post-darwinists say survival of the fittest is the whole of Evolution. A subtle but huge change as is typical of the control system.

Politics is a game like any other designed to keep people busy and distracted so I can't see how any political solution will help the situation. You just add another interface to the same game and the people behind the scenes with all the money and power continue to do what they want. The solution would be to stop playing.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

Corncrake (29th August 2011), mosquito (31st August 2011), Shikasta (31st August 2011), winnasboy (29th August 2011)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Well said, Anno.
    Another part of the solution is to fine tune one's lens, to avoid exaggerations at all cost,
    and to really learn to look closely at everything, free from agenda and fear and vanity.
    Right now there are millions who know all the different ring tones on their cell phones but wouln't know the difference between a deimocracy and a democracy.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Anno (29th August 2011), modwiz (7th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Hi Dennis, do you have any information on how The Reset Button is going? Does it look like gathering enough support?

23. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mariposafe, I recently stepped-down from being an Avalon moderator, changing my title and its color. I wonder if that is the change you saw, as I never had (to my knowledge) an Aussie flag flying.

Anno, I have some friends that have nearly disconnected from "the system", and I must admit, it is very tempting. So far, I have convinced myself that this would be too selfish for my spirit, and I feel bound, compelled, to try to at least make a dent in the armor of the beast. The United States is currently the most oppressive, terrorist nation on the planet - the nexus of the military arm of the global elite. Completely disengaging from the system, to "stop playing", means (to me) giving up and allowing the US imperialist forces not only to do whatever they want, but to do whatever they want with no (at least verbal) opposition. Acquiescence feels too much like capitulation to me.

Cjay, The Reset Button has little support. I believe that a few reasons are:
    it is not capable of being encapsulated in a sound byte (even the 1-page 'executive summary' lacks emotional punch, in an attempt to be succinct)
    the activists that I kinda sorta know had already committed to the October 2011 movement, just before the release of The Reset Button

However, I will guess that a few thousand people did see it, (and read at least some of it), and these are people that care and want the ultimate goals of The Reset Button. And still, even with that number, it did not go viral. So, perhaps in 2011, with who we really are as individuals, perhaps a headless movement is not yet possible. Perhaps it is too foreign a concept to people whose entire lives have been influenced by the "hero" and "celebrity" and "leader" paradigms to break through that mindset.

There are other reasons as well, for instance I have encountered a few people that have spent time thinking about the big picture and have locked-on to something different that they see as critical to change the US. I think egos get involved, and people want to believe that their ideas are the best ideas. One guy, for example, was pounding and pounding on the October 2011 movement organizers to make their primary goal a constitutional amendment clarifying free speech (his thinking that if mass media was held to a higher standard, they could not be used as a propaganda tool.) He was doing his at the same time that I was trying to get the organizers to look carefully at The Reset Button Phase I goals and subsume them at their concrete goals for the big demonstration planned.

Dennis

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Anno (29th August 2011), kathymarie (29th August 2011), Lord Sidious (29th August 2011), mosquito (31st August 2011)

25. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Dennis - Sorry if this is going off topic but I just wanted to thank you for your clarifying posts which really sum up my feelings about politics generally - although of course I am based in the UK. Many friends have been pushing me to move into the political arena because of my interest in many of the subjects we cover on Avalon but how do you work within a corrupt system - apart from the funding it takes? Especially when one is aware of the bigger picture. Or is that defeatist? I have seen so many bright aspiring politicians enter the arena either to succombe to internal party politics or, if they disturb the waters too much, get out. I quote from John Redwood MP:

'You are quite right the Ministers have very little power. They are constrained by the courts, EU laws, the equality agenda, consultation rules and the rest. They are often little more than TV/PR spokes people who are used to justify the, often mad, activities of their departments. They often have no understanding of the harm their departments are actually doing at the coal face. If Ministers have little power what power to do voters have virtually none at all. Democracy it certainly is not.' http://www.johnredwoodsdiary.com/201...inisters-have/

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (29th August 2011), mosquito (31st August 2011)

27. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

There is a lot I could write about the problems with the American form of government that have largely come into play due to "special" laws, rules, loop holes, and who has the money to influence what laws are enacted as well as the problems with a democratic system and it's mob rule problems. I will bring everything down to this simple phrase. As long as we live by the golden rule we will continue to have the problems we have in the world. In this case the golden rule is he who has the gold makes the rules.

Money and it's power and man's greed for it which comes from a state of fear and thus pulls mankind into great cruelty and the people being separate, nations competing for position and power and thus continued suffering worldwide. Until we learn to not live in fear, to get rid of this barbaric system and make people take responsibility for their lives we will not become the beautiful world we are meant to be. We could all live in peace, fully actualized in our beings lacking nothing, but we can't get there because the system is inherently set up to keep people consuming, needing help and thus not becoming all we are meant to become whether it's a gifted artist who lifts people's spirits, a healer who really heals and doesn't feel the need to keep you coming back month after month for another session, free energy inventor, teacher etc.. We need a worldwide spiritual wake up and unfortunately we are either kept down from that happening because of those too tied to the present system as users or power brokers or we would have to find a way to open their eyes or have them gone.

Much chaos will ensue before we move on, and many will be lost.

28. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Looks interesting, except for one thing that concerns me, the use of the word ''democratic'' when the system is meant to be republican.
    Not the same and definitely not interchangeable.
    Maybe interconnectable ...
    Like a democratic rebublic ?

Ultimately the Individual Personal Sovereign Being .

I agree that as long as man is
    corruptible then any "senate"
    is doomed to fail , and the more
    hierarchical and pyramidic the
    structure of society , the heavier
    potential of abuse and control over
    the divine individual free will and choice .

and the roles of Presidents or Kings is redicoulous ,
    - and redundant .

all well
    nm
    Last edited by noxon medem; 29th August 2011 at 19:43.

29. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Unified Serenity,

I don't see The Reset Button as a panacea, but I do see its Phase I goals as a paradigm-changer.

Imagine that you are in a desert, you are a surfing instructor, and you have a number of pupils. There are certainly some things about surfing you can teach them (didactically.). What happens when they finally get to the ocean?

In the ocean, new knowledge is acquired on a conscious and unconscious level by the surfers. They build from their didactic knowledge (gleaned in the desert classroom), and explode exponentially in their learning and skills in the ocean classroom.

That's how I see something like The Reset Button Phase I goals catalyzing change - more than mandating change. Not so much in the specified parameters to reach that point (which are, quite simply, one constitutional amendment and one law), but in what happens immediately thereafter. I believe that what we usually declare are simply flaws of human nature, bound to drag us right back down into a system of dealing only with our selfish selves, are (largely) learned behaviors. To tie into the desert/ocean analogy, right now, we are in a desert. Just as Wade Frazier proposes in the realm of "free energy", simply to imagine the profound effects, allow yourself to imagine changes so large and so fundamental within the realm of governance that elected representatives would be immune from and barred from corporate/banking affiliations. Legislative, executive, and judicial power would be mandated to be separated from monied interests. Spend a few weeks imagining that new ocean.

Much/most of what is in The Reset Button in Phase II (or to say it more simply, that which would occur beyond Phase I), is an unknown. The way the law (Election Reform Act of 2011) is written, candidates (non-celebrity, non-corporate affiliated, ordinary, citizens) for election would be mandated to address all of the issues brought up in Phase II (by that time, fully fleshed-out), so we would know what these candidates felt about those issues. We would have no guarantees that their actions in legislating those issues would follow, but we would have a much streamlined recall process to weed-out those who spoke with forked tongues. And, importantly, this body of energized, engaged minds would bring forth even more than what Phase II proposes.

I would expect an explosion of bright minds that have given up and have disengaged from "politics" to reengage in "governance" issues, and the handful of important ideas expressed in The Reset Button Phase II to be only a start. "Rule by rules (laws), not by rulers" is impossible within the current system, but not if ordinary citizens without corporate/banking ties are hired temporarily to be legislators.

One thing is for sure: let everything stand as it is, and the corporations, bankers, and militarists will continue to rule the US and to a great extent rule the world. Even for those skeptical of what might happen or that suspect any humans put into positions of power become madmen have nothing to lose - because madmen are in power right now.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Corncrake (29th August 2011), DoubleHelix (30th August 2011), noxon medem (29th August 2011)

31. Link to Post #20
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Thanks to the input of quite a lot of people, there is a document called The Reset Button, that is looking for a few million people to champion the idea, and perform the action. The action is for US citizens.

Please go to http://www.ResetButton2011.org and read The Reset Button document. If it resounds with you, then let's make this happen!

With love, and in solidarity,

Dennis
    Thankyou DL

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

DoubleHelix (30th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 11 14 LastLast